Slim Down Sisters: Version 2009!

You're on Page 6 of 32
Go to
  • Randee - your ring is gorgeous!!!
  • dang it!

I just had this long post and I lost it.

ay yi yi...
  • randee - that ring is gorgeous! and that place you went to looks so romantical . glad you had fun.

aimee - hope you're feeling better. It's so hard to stay on your game when you feel like caca but you seem to be doing an awesome job. keep it up!!

shari - i want to be in the 240's too! come on chica!! we can do this. let's motivate each other!!

my valentines day was nice. we went to bf's favorite pizza place and last minute we went to some club. I actually had a good time and I was sober. It's hard for me to dance in front of people because I get so self-concious and I think everybody is looking at me or laughing at me. But this time I was able to enjoy myself. I was even jumping around like crazy when some trance song came on. Good times!

I have a question for you gals. Do you think once you lose the weight your personality will change? Like, right now I'm really shy and quiet. And I wonder if I'll still be that way once I lose weight and am more comfortable with myself. I really hope so. It'll be really sad to discover that I really am a wet blanket. I can' wait to find out.

I haven't worked out yet. Today is the day (that's the plan). I really have no excuses just that I've been super lazy. But last night I was looking at some old photos of when I had lost some mad weight and I sooo want to be there again!!!!

• Randee - very nice ring!! I do love hiking - especially the hard ones, lol.

Rosario - Did I tell you I'm going to L.A.? We are gonna go for the weekend when we are in San Francisco in Sept, I'm excited! Hoping to do some shopping, check things out! My brother also wants to go surfing somewhere, I can't remember where, probably closer to SF though. My personality has changed as I've gotten bigger, I've been pretty shy lately, I don't want to go out, vs before I'd want to go out all the time. Also realize you have the ability to change, regardless of weight! When I was 14 I was sooo shy, but made the decision that I didn't want to be like that anymore, I had started at a new school, it was hard at first, but I don't think anyone at that school thought of me as a shy person.

Not much going on here for me these days, working, counting calories, and thats pretty much it! Oh, and sleeping!

-Aimee
  • Randee~ You do have a beautiful ring!!! Congrats on the "promise"!! =)

Well, TOM starts this weekend and I have ballooned from the bloating...blah. Wasn't thinking straight and now will have to deal with it during my vacation...sucks.
    If I don't get back here before next tuesday, I'll catch ya all after March
  • LOL! march 1oth that is!
  • wendy - where you going??? if you don't get back before the 10th have fun!!

aimee - Lucky! hopefully I get to get back there this summer too. Its been a while since I've been to SF but I'd like to take the bf there since he's never been. I get you on the not wanting to go out. I'm so self-concious that I'm even anxious to interact with other people! oh gawd, i really hope I'm like that because of my weight.

Well, I weighed myself this morning and I'm pretty much back where I started. 256!!! I've been eating a lot lately. And I just haven't been able to push myself into working out. I get home, tell myself I'll rest for a bit, and then work out. But I get sooo lazy! I guess I have to get into my gear and pop in my dvd as soon as I get in the door. I'll try that tonite.

Hope you guys are doing better than I am!!
  • Thanks all!! I do love love love my ring

I just snuck on the scale and im 233.3...im almost OUT of the 30's!!!! I havent been out of them for years! What really makes me mad is when I first joined 3fc, I was only 190 lol...Then GAINED 100 lbs!!! UGH! It makes me furious with myself!! Oh well. Also, less than a lb till ive officially hit the 50 lbs loss mark!! I cant wait!!

Oh, and Ro, I used to be extremely selfconsious...but as im getting smaller and more and more people are commenting on how much weight ive lost, Im getting less shy. I think its actually just a new attitude!! And im loving it
  • Yay!! Weighed in today!! I am down to 259! So long 260's!! I am pretty excited about this! I had been hovering around 259.9-260.1, and finally today I am down to 259.4! A nice start to my day!

Wendy - where are you going??

Rosario - Any advice for our trip to L.A.? Well, I guess this is a little soon, lol.. My brother was saying that when he was there (he goes there for business), he felt overweight, and so did his gf. Is it a super skinny city? What's really helped me when I'm getting home and super tired, I just keep moving when I get home, I know if I sit down for a second I won't get up again. Dunno if that helps, but it helps me

Randee - woohoo! Congrats!! Any big plans for the 50 pounds loss goal? I think I've gained weight too since I joined this website, but it's hard to say since my scales have been outta wack!

-Aimee
  • aimee - congrats!! you're almost catching up to me. I better get moving!! lol hmm...well yes LA is a very body concious city. especially if you hit the trendy areas. You must hit up city walk. My bf loves it there. Lots of stores and shopping and people watching. I know I'm from LA but that's the only place where I've been A LOT. and of course go to Disneyland!! the happiest place on earth!! lol

randee - way to go! I can't believe you've almost lost 50 pounds. You're awesome!

I finally worked out last night. I was getting super lazy but i started looking at this victoria's secret catalog and I got inspired (I wanna wear a bikini!!!). So i did the shred. And I felt good afterward. that 27 minutes really did fly by. I don't know why I make such a fuss about it.

I've discovered why I get so discouraged fast and stop working out. It's cause I have such a long way to go. One workout feels so irrelevant. I'm just so impatient and want to lose this weight NOW!! I guess I have to get it together and just realize that this isn't going to happen in one day and it'll take lots of hard work to get where I want to be. I'm so impatient!

Have a good one!
  • Well girls, I am going to jump in and post. Aimee says I need to post and she is right!

I honestly don't even remember when I really last posted so I am going to go back aways. In November a co-worker and I joined Weight Watchers for 6 months - like actually going to meetings. I was down about 7 something and then gained almost all of it back over Christmas. As of this morning I am now less then I was before xmas, yay! Down a total of 8.8 with Weight Watchers!

A couple weeks ago from the same co-worker I bought a recumbent bike and I LOOOOOVE it! I have been riding it every weekday morning at the crack of dawn for an hour!

Anyway things are good for me, I think MAYBE just maybe I am finally back in the mindset I was 3 years ago when i was losing well!

On an unrelated note, I think I am getting a blackberry tonight, totally excited!
  • girls!

I had a perfectly nice, long post typed up but the damn computer at the library erased it! I hate the library these days. Whatever happened to 'silence is golden'? People are so rude and loud in the library, I don't even wanna go anymore!

This freakin medical insurance isn't worth all this hassle. This is the third paycheck that they have taken almost $150 out! I only make a little over $300 every two weeks! I suppose I could live off $175 every two weeks......if I was still living with my mama!!! Went to payroll and turns out, part timers have to pay more for insurance than fulltimers which just doesn't make any sense to me. I told the guy to forget it, I don't want this shyt anymore! I have rent and ultilites to pay! Plus, the idiots at the food stamp office declined my claim so I have to apply all over again which means I have to pay for my groceries with my own money. It's the end of the month which means I have rent, power, and internet to pay along with groceries and I only have $175 to my name. Super.
  • Hey Gals! TGIF! Well, I guess it's technically Saturday now, but you get the point I have the entire weekend off, AND monday I am VERY excited, although today after work I started getting SO tired, sore neck, and headache... and then I realized.... drumroll please... my stomach pain was GONE!!! And all my sleepless nights are probably catching up to me now. After going to bed early, like 8:30pm, my bf woke me up at 11:30 and I haven't been able to sleep since! Darn him! I am SO relieved though, I was getting super worried. This is me doing a happy dance! If I can get thru this weekend with no more pain, I am going to start exercising on Tuesday, possibly Monday! Another happy dance!

Rosario - 27 minutes is nothing! Keep up the great work As for the amount you have to lose, I am right there with you, but staying focused on smaller goals, and just taking it day-by-day is helping. Also keep it realistic! Easter is 7 weeks away, so how about making a goal to lose 7 pounds by then? Or make it an exercise goal - to exercise 3-4 times a week. I've been thinking about a phrase someone has on their signature "eat for the body you want, not the body you have", so when I go out to dinner I try and think about what a skinny version of myself would have. Salad with chicken breast and dressing on the side? Sounds like something a skinny chick would eat!

Courtnie - yay! Congrats on the weight loss and the blackberry Glad to see you posting!

Shari - I am actually quite shocked how much your medical is! Wow. When I wasn't working, or working part time, I don't think I could have afforded that! My only saving grace was that we don't have to pay for medical if we make under a certain amount. Wish I could send some of that your way, I am double covered (bf gets AWESOME benefits, including 30 sick days a month! Yes, thats right, in ONE month, once you return to work for one week the days reset, lucky jerk!). We need to get you a higher paying job! Do you have Starbucks where you live? I know here in Canada they pay pretty good, and have decent medical coverage.. plus you get 1 pound of coffee free per week! They also have plenty of opportunities to move up - it was actually a company I was considering going to work for because I've heard such great things about it. I'm all about moving up in any company I've worked for, it guarantees your hours, and gets you better pay! I never expected to get paid 18 bucks an hour to be an assistant manager in a cosmetics dept, but it's been one of the greatest things I've done. So challenging, but so rewarding.

I'm a little chatterbox tonight - it's nearly 2am here, so I better try and get some sleep. I am taking my car in to get serviced tomorrow, eek! It's going to be around $500 I figure, fingers crossed it isn't! And since the dealership is close to the ocean, I think I'll go for a walk while its getting its thing done! Two birds one stone!

-Aimee
  • I weighed in today, and I am down 1.8 pounds!! yay From 259.5 to 257.7, but since it's .7 and not .5, I'm counting it as 258. But soon I'll get down to 257.5 and then I can count it! I can't wait! I am SO relieved, I thought the scale was going to be UP!

-Aimee

ETA - I am down 10 pounds now!! I am feeling pretty good about things Who knew calorie counting and listening to my body would WORK!
  • girls!

I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was okay, lots of sleeping, lazing around and getting nothing done. I'm such a procrastinator.

I've accepted the fact that I just can't do dvd workouts. I just can't, can't get into them. I need to be in class with other people. When I'm in a class, I'm basically trapped, too embarrassed to leave the workout because EVERYONE will notice. I need that humiliation right now.

My goal for this week is to get as many job applications in as possible. My internet is back on (thank you Mama ) and I need to use it as much as I can in case it gets cut off again.

Aimee ~ I decided that I'm cancelling this crap. The only reason I signed up was because I wanted to dental but it turns out that the dental and medical are separate down here so I don't 'need' the medical. I really want to continue working for the government, it's ...... kinda my security blanket. I just REALLY REALLY hate the department I'm in. WTG on those 10lbs! What's your reward going to be?