Old 05-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #256  
Fat-be-gone

shari - no we didn't get to see it. I'm hoping we'll catch it this weekend. What's happening in July?

wendy - Hi!

aimee - that sucks about the job offer. But I'm sure you can work out something with them. If not, then I'm sure you'll find something that pays what you are looking for. It's always good to keep moving. The wii is a friend to your heart!

I had a really good weekend. I'm eating way less than what I normally do and moving more. Got up to half an hour on the elliptical Saturday and Sunday and I have no plans to slow down my roll.

I was down 2.6 pounds for the week! Woo hoo! See, hard work does pay off. I'm anxious to see how much I can lose.

you guys have to try these!. I'm not doing weight watchers but figured they're better for you than regular brownies. They taste so good!! Seriously, try them! (thank you courtnie for introducing me to that site!! )

Last edited by Rosario; 05-18-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #257  
Fat-be-gone

Another good day under my belt!! Woo hoo! Only got in 20 mins on the elliptical tho. I'll have to start working out as soon as I get home from work.

Saw that movie Taken. What a disappointment! It was so lame.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #258  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Ro - I thought Taken was a really good movie. Even my BF agreed and he hates everything I pick out! lol
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #259  
Fat-be-gone

courtnie - really??? I don't know...me and the bf heard from some people that it was good but when we watched it....I didn't like it. From the acting to the over-the-top arse kicking Liam Neeson does. It had a lot of potential to be a good movie. I really liked the story but the acting IMO messed it up. Good to hear from you!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #260  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Hi everyone! Just checking in...again! LOL! I might..ok I will probably be away from here for a little while, my BF is coming to town on Thursday and we'll be heading out to the lake and getting other stuff done around here, as well as actually spending some time together!! I'm so excited, it's been 7 weeks since we've seen each other.
Catch up to you all later...I'll be on FB if you wanna chat!
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Shari - That was shorter than I thought! It looks like a good cut, how do you normally style it? And when you say press it... what does that mean? Like flat iron? What's the pushup challenge? I could use some nicer arms... please share! The pay has be resolved! I am pleased to say that I managed to get more money! They are going to keep my wage as it is for 1 year, and when that year is up.. I plan to be a cosmetics manager, and I'll be making more than my current wages anyways. Winnipeg, the place we are going, is 1450 miles, so pretty far!

Rosario - I do enjoy the wii, I just don't really use it enough I would kill for an elliptical!! Sooo jealous of you right now! Congrats on the weight loss

So now that everything is done with, it's time to start packing and calling the movers to arrange everything! I am excited, and still nervous, I am going to Winnipeg in a couple of weeks to find a place, hopefully I can find something great, and within our budget! My weight loss, well, there isn't much of one, got on the scale again, and it was up to 262 again, next day 259, been keeping my diet the same, I wonder if it's the stress? Josh and I were fighting on Saturday, and Sunday was the day I was up to 262. Stupid weight! Gotta get my act together if I plan to get to 249 before the end of the month! But I ate great yesterday, and even better today! And with the stress of fighting with Josh gone, hopefully I'll be able to hit my goal! I'm just babbling now..

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #262  

This is me kicking my scale.. darn you body! I am at 259! But I am still refusing to change my ticker, because I WILL be 257 by Saturday!

-Aimee
Old 05-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #263  
Fat-be-gone

wedny - have lots of fun with the boytoy!!

aimee - I was lucky with the elliptical. I found it in our subdivision. It was with someones discards, but we cleaned it up and it works marvelously! I was reading a review about the EA Sports Active Wii game...it looks like a really good workout. Congrats on getting more money. Good job on eating right. If that's about the only thing you can control right now, then you better make sure you do a good job. Hope your stress levels go down as you get more into the move.

I've been doing good so far. I shouldn't have stepped on the scale this morning. It's the same as my last weigh in, but I was expecting it to be lower since I'm still eating right and working out. Kind of discouraging, but I shouldn't be concentrating on that. All I should care about is what the scale says on my ACTUAL weigh in day which is Saturday or Sunday. Being discouraged is a very risky thing for me to be feeling. Makes it easier to mess up!

Last edited by Rosario; 05-20-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:00 AM   #264  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I have news. Apparantly, I'm going to be an aunt. My BFF called me today and gave me the news. It hasn't really hit me in the face yet, but when it does, WATCH OUT! All you are going to read is baby this, baby that! When they say it comes in threes, it does. First there was Eny, then my friend Adriana, now Nikki. Then Sushine called and asked me to be one of her bridesmaid. This puts more pressure on me because the other two girls are way smaller than me and Sunshine says she wants our dress to be sexy and eye-catching.

I did Day 1 of both the pushup and squat challenges yesterday and my thighs still hurt!

WI tomorrow!

For some reason, I've been baking muffins for three days straight. No worries, I've taken all of them to work, only had 1 (or 1/2 of 1) from each batch.

Vanessa and Tony should be home tomorrow (I think) so the strippers have to go.

Ro ~ July 1st will mark my third year working for the VA, which makes my status there career. If I don't have another position in the hospital by then, I'm going to resign and work somewhere else for a while. If I wait till I make career, I can go back to the VA in a higher grade without starting at the bottom again.

WTG on the almost 3 lbs!!! And thanks for the recipe. I'm going to make it this week! STAY AWAY FROM THE SCALE! Hide it until WI day. Something told me that I wouldn't be happy if I watched Taken. Haven't seen it and I probably won't. Maybe it's because the daughter irritated me during the previews?

Wendy ~ Have fun!

Aimee ~ Pressing is when you use hot combs to straighten your hair. It's like one of the oldest methods to straighten hair, even before Madame CJ Walker invented chemical perms. It works really well and doesn't damage my hair as much as perming does.

WOOOT on pay resolve! I knew they were full of it!

Here are the challenges I'm doing:

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html
http://www.twohundredsquats.com/

JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:41 AM   #265  

Rosario - that is very lucky!! Josh bought me "my personal trainer" for my wii today, it looks pretty good! I am going to try it out on Saturday, they have different goals for it, which is very cool, obviously I am going for weight loss! Josh said he'd trade in some games of his for the EA sports thing, nice of him.. so I might look into that as well. With all of that I BETTER start working out! The scale can be so evil sometimes, STAY OFF OF IT! Just think though, because your weight stayed the same from WI day, it's official.. I know mine jumps around 1-2 pounds daily.. so the fact you are exactly the same is REALLY good!

Shari - I think the pushups one looks good! I might look into that some more later.. I know I can't do any "boy" pushups, but I can normally do 5-10 of the girly ones! I straighten my hair almost every day, I was considering getting one of those japanese straighten-thingies, they are supposed to last 6-8 months.. but are SO expensive. Congrats on being an aunty! And being a bridesmaid! Make sure you keep up those pushups, most bridesmaids dresses I've seen at strapless, gotta look good!

I had another pretty good day of eating, when I got home from work I ate a burrito, but I put low fat sour cream on it? If I were counting calories, I would have ended up within my calorie range... so its all good! I hate working a closing until 10pm and the next morning at 8:30am, I can't seem to fall asleep when I get home (which is why I'm on here), and the next day I am SO tired! I am looking forward to the weekend, I have Saturday and Sunday off, my mom is coming to town Saturday afternoon, so it'll be busy, but at least I can sleep in! Well my sleeping pill is starting to kick in, so I am off to bed! Nite!

-Aimee
Old 05-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #266  

It's Saturday! Weighed in! 259.0 again! I dunno why I feel like a deserve more, but I was soooo good that I thought I would lose. Anyways, I have a migraine, so in some ways it makes sense. Ah well, gotta keep at 'er! My mom arrives today, so its going to be a few days of hard food decisions! She loves to eat bad when she's away from home..

-Aimee
Old 05-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #267  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

girls!

I actually went to the gym yesterday! I ended up walking the track for over an hour. I checked out the steam room, and god it was SOOO steamy, I loved it! But....it's coed. Big, hairy half naked men. Ugh.

The squats challenge is KILLING ME! My thighs were so freakin sore yesterday, I could barely walk. TOM started two days ago and totally f-ed up my WI. Stupid jerk.

I got a new computer! It was a total surprise too. The door rang Thursday morning and it was a FedEx guy saying 'I got your new computer!' and I'm like 'What computer?' I was in the process of trying to buy a computer through my union and paying it through payroll deduction but I was waiting on my payroll card. Apparantly, they sent the info to Dell before me and Dell went ahead and shipped my computer! I checked with both Dell and the canteen and they both have the order, the computer I picked out. Oh well. It's kinda cool. I've never had a brand new computer. The flat screen is so cool!

Aimee ~ I can't do any ' boy' pushups either. I'm doing wall pushups for this challenge. It's cool cause they let you do whatever type of pushup that is easier for you.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #268  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Happy Memorial Day everyone!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #269  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Hey all!
Well my honey is heading back home as I type, he left this morning and still has about a 4-5 hour drive ahead of him. Missing him like I do seems like a good reason to binge but so far I've been strong! He'll be back in a month for the wedding and will stay a couple weeks!

Been good foodwise, staying away from the junk for the most part, will have to do a weigh in soon.

As for the "boy" push ups I seem ok with them, I can do about 30 before I drop, never been able to do them before childbirth but now not so much of a problem....weird!

Well, off to bed, been an emotional day, and sleep will stop my head from spinning those missing him thoughts temporaraly.
Night all!
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #270  
Fat-be-gone

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around. I keep forgetting to post. My eating has been really bad but I've been doing pretty good on the work outs. Never at the same time!! Grr! Oh well, still working on that!

Down 0.2 for the week. So happy it wasn't a gain!!

wendy - stay strong!

shari - congrats on going to the gym. squats are our friend! Hurray for new computers!!!

aimee - moms, always the bad influences. lol hope you made some good decisions!