Old 03-06-2009, 07:02 AM   #76  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

ok I couldn't stand not knowing and got on the scale this morning- officially it was 259.6 so for ticker sake 260 but its in the right direction!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #77  

A loss is a loss!! Congrats!! I weigh in on Mondays so I will let you know. For some reason my toe is a little sore today. I didn't exercise but I am sewing and cutting fabric. I am making American Girl doll clothes.

Lisa
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:59 AM   #78  

Hi PIC's

I'm sorry I've been away for so long. I've been bad and have been ignoring the whole weight loss issue. After gaining back a good part of the weight I lost I became very discouraged.

I've also been super tired. Which makes me overeat and makes it hard to exercise. I went for a sleep test a couple weeks ago and was told I have restless leg syndrome and mild sleep apnea. I also had almost no REM sleep which they said me be caused be the antidepressant I'm taking.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to check for Anemia and heart problems to rule those out as being the cause for my tiredness. I also started taking ambien a few days ago which has been a blessing since I can get to sleep at a decent time. But a bad side effect is that now I'm groggy AND tired in the day. I may have another sleep study in the future if my doctor recommends it.

I haven't stepped on a scale for months. I'm afraid to check. I still do my exercise videos at least a few times a week. And now that the weather is nicer I'm walking outside. I'm so out of shape now that just walking outside for a 1/2 hour really tires me out!

I'll try to stay in touch more! It's good to see you all here posting still!

Last edited by Valerie Joy; 03-11-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #79  
Staying in 1derland!

awwwwwwww missed u val!!!!! I think we have all fallen off the wagon... so don't feel bad... we are all trying to get back on! I hear ya on the sleep issue! I think that was my downfall, going thru menopause I could not sleep!

Anyways... I am proud to report that me and chai went out this evening and walked-- sigh only @ 2 miles and i was sweating and sucking wind... I think back and remember I was walking 3 miles and it was like nothing..

but I also remember what it was like when I first started.... one day at time... just try to stay op for 1 day and I remember those single days turned into months of healthy eating....

drs appt for me tomorrow- not sure what she will have to say about my "only 4 lbs loss" but if she accuses me of cheating I am gonna be MAD!

Last edited by curlylocks; 03-13-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #80  
Staying in 1derland!

Unhappy where???????????

where's my pic's??????????
Old 06-21-2009, 10:40 PM   #81  
Staying in 1derland!

still no pic's??? cry....................
Old 09-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I haven't been here in a really, really long time and I was shocked to find us on page 6! I see I'm not the only one who hasn't been here in a long time. Have the PICs called it quits?
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #83  

Is this the year the PICs call it quits?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 PM   #84  
Staying in 1derland!

here's A pic!!! I am back at it, lets see back in Feb. I realized I had ate myself back up to 268!!!

Ive been back on the wagon since then and today I was 213!
this time... I am gonna make it to ONEDERLAND!

in April, I broke my foot and spent from April- august in a walking cast--my biggest fear was that the weight would creep back, but I think lugging that thing around must have burned calories lol...

but now is the tuff time, my weight is down and my usual exercise is not burning as many calories, so now I have to work harder.. walk faster to get that sweat going!

I would like to try that couch to 5 k program, but gotta be cautious of the foot- meta tarsal stress fracture- so i did some research and found a good cushioned running shoe and added a meta tarsal gel pad to them.

As always-- low carb high protein! Dr. Eades is a genius!

now if we can just find the rest of the pics!!!!

Last edited by curlylocks; 09-27-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #85  

Curly-that's fantastic. Wish I could say I had been doing as well. I got really depressed over the summer. Broke up with the boyfriend after about 7 months. I still talk to him-not really sure why sometimes. And a couple weeks after that a patient committed suicide. I got so depressed I could hardly get out of bed for awhile but I'm better now and trying to get myself back on track. I still might have surgery someday but it won't be for at least a couple years if I decide to do it so I may as well see what I can do on my own in the meantime. I've also learned some things about myself along the way that may make this work a little better.

I'm sorry to hear about your foot. You are right-lugging around that cast burns extra calories. I think they estimate you burn an extra 50% more calories when you are on crutches. You won't be burning those kinds of calories once the cast comes off but slow and steady is what wins this race anyway. Good to see another PIC. Maybe we can find one or two more......
Old 10-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #86  
Staying in 1derland!

Yeah now I kinda miss that walking cast lol, maybe I can order another one on ebay and walk with both on! Plus now with a lower body weight my 3 miles of walking isn't burning the calories it was at a higher weight. ugh!

think I am gonna have to get back into the gym, I am working at cutting my budget to find the $$ for a gym membership.

I dunno... I've come to the point where relationships are just too much work! and between dieting, work and college... there's just no time.. nor can I deal with the insanity of it best to have friends. A friend who likes to go hiking, 1 friend who likes to go sailing.... and 1 friend with benefits ha ha!

Wow sounds like you have been going through some tough times, when I was going through some depression issues.. I got so down that one day I said, " I just can't deal with this hurt and sadness" So basically I told the "Big Guy" {GOD} that he was better equipped to deal with it all and I was giving it to him.... and I was moving on with life..

and it worked... Hope u are feeling better!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #87  

I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I was away for a week and things have been kind of slow here so I have been getting my online support elsewhere. I'm impressed with how well you are doing with your weight. Keep up the great work.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:15 AM   #88  
Staying in 1derland!

I was checking back but didn't see any new posts.... how are u doing?