Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #46  
wsw

hi anewlife4me-i too have to make sure i have enough of the good healthy stuff around, or else it's too easy for me to use the excuse that i probably should just eat out and then go to grocery store, which usually doesn't turn out well for me in the end. nice to see you in the palace!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:23 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hello all, and thanks for continuing to think of me katrinabgood! I'm sitting here in Key West with a sweater and socks on (we have no heat!). It's not too bad out, maybe in the low 60's but without heat it's chilly (really).

I like reading your happy posts. I've been searching around for how to eat in a way that will work for me. A few times this week I've gotten the footlong veggie patty Subway sandwich with lots of extra vegetables and no dressing. I've eaten 1/2 for brunch, and 1/2 later in the afternoon which is a challenging time for me. Then a Greek salad for dinner. That has kept me full which I am understanding is a big deal for me.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #48  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default What's going on

Hello Lovelies!

My SIL discovered a mass in her abdomen the other day and has been rushed through procedures so they can try and diagnose ASAP. They're fairly certain that it's an advanced stage of something called retroperitoneal sarcoma and have told her it doesn't look good, that she should think about calling her kids and getting them to come home.

We're all in shock. She seems to find me helpful and I've been spending time with her, giving her Reiki treatments. We're supposed to get the biopsy results tomorrow.

I had one stress-induced binge before we got the news but have been fine, OP-wise, since. I've got to look after myself.

Anyway, if I don't get a chance to get back in I'm thinking lots of good things at you all.

Love!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #49  
a work in progress...

Arabella, I am so sorry to hear such devastating news. I'm sure your help is comforting in the midst of such turmoil. I just don't know what to say that could ever help, but I love that you know you need to take care of yourself! Take care.

CJZee... Well, I know it's all relative, and that 60 degrees really IS cold for Key West...ahhhh, to be in Key West...palm trees...sand...sun...ocean...margaritas..... Oh! Where was I? Right! Cold weather! Yes. Um, yeah...hang in there! ANYWAY, it sounds like you're on the right track: finding stuff that keeps you full and is good for you! WW's current "Momentum" push is all about tracking your hunger signals and feeding yourself with good-for-you 'filling' foods... You are using all those veggies to fill up with, so keep up the good work!

wsw... Well, I'm glad that you got some sleep finally! I hope that you are keeping warm... and NOT weighing yourself with all your layers on!

NewLife... we're having a heat wave too, it's goin' all the way up to 30 today! Keeping your veggies stocked up is great, but facing the snow to do so? You know what they say: If you fail to plan, plan to fail...

Time's up for me, I need to get moving... Hi to everyone else! Keep warm!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #50  
wsw

arabella-i am sorry to hear your sil received such frightening news. i am thinking of you, and sending you a big hug. it's not surprising at all that your sil would find your presence comforting and helpful . please take good care of yourself!!

cjzee-being cold is just no fun no matter what the actual temp. is, so i sure understand. making sure i feel full enough makes a big difference for me too.

kat-thanks, i sure am glad to have gotten some sleep finally. slept ok last night too! yea! when i got out of bed this morning with all my layers, i was not exactly looking lithe and sylphlike. if someone had pushed me with just a finger, i probably would have toppled over. however, i'm glad i wore all that stuff or i would have been too cold last night.

weighed myself this morning-and lost a pound (218.)
have decided to note when i lose weight even if it's not a regular weigh-in day for me, just to keep me honest. well, need to have dinner, and will eat what i had planned (and not all that i would like to eat now instead.) thinking fondly of all who dwelleth in the royal palace---take care, all.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #51  
Empress/Queen

Arabella, sending the best healing vibes I possess to SIL and best to you and the family.

Diet Maiden Am hath not left this forum again, just been on a kind o' pilgrimage to do a streakity streak of every morning exercise sessions of whatever BEFORE the day gets in the way and entices me to abandon exercise, so I am counting and logging my official workouts (both in the morning and if I do more later, which really I haven't been). Exercise minutes for 2009 so far: 1970 and I am getting much fitter without skipping days, but will have to level off the length of the official sessions for a few days as it has turned into quite a marathon, being mostly jogging/walking, jogging, walking, misc. aerobics, weights, and some yoga. It is all good.

Maintenance Angel visited DMA at the Official Ceremony o' the Golden Scale o' Dietary Justice this. Her relative, the Can't We Just Lose One Pound This Week Angel was supposed to come but MA turned up instead, which is fine. My weight is very stable it seems.

Cjzee, I live in Arizona and it is in the 70s but I am still chilly, which is good because I need to have a new AC installed in the kitchen in a month or so and am just praying for the heat to hold off a little bit longer to help in the finances. It is cold at night, although not so cold as those in the midwest and Canada are feeling, I guess. It is nice to meet you.

To all, mentioned or un, take care. Sorry for the flybye, I need to rest up for dreaded deadline day tomorrow, then we have a very special day here in the U.S. that maketh me joyful.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #52  

Hello all!

Someday, I will learn to copy my posts before I hit submit and then realize the post didnt stick....

So, here we go...

WoodNymph....My very best to your Sil and you too... I will keep both of you and your families in my thoughts. You are a good sister in law!

Anagram....I have no idea how I would handle steroids and a food plan. Actually, I do know. I woudn't do well. You're doing great!

Kat, yes, you're right, its just like the Artic....I have penguins skating on the ice in the yard! And yes WSW, I had to pull my big shawl scarf off so I could drive correctly. I nearly did the Isadora Duncan!

Ceara....My sister just got herself a Wheaten Terrier. I have only seen pics and she's so cute!

Welcome and hello all new Royals!!!

Empress, the folks at the lab who all quit..... I'm wondering if where they found employment still has openings..... Its all about the networking when you know you're going to be in the job hunt soon!

I'm off to change the Royal bedsheets and end this Full Moon Frigid Weekend the way Mark Twain liked to do so much of his writing, etc. Under covers, with nourishment and drink close at hand. I will have the remote too...

ALLL ABBBOOOARRRRDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #53  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 347/274/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi again,

Arabella- my thoughts are with you and your family. I know there's not much that can be said that's all that comforting at a time like this. Just know that lots of us are sending supportive vibes your way. Hang in there!

For the rest of you lovely ladies... here's to the start of another week of taking good care of ourselves and supporting each other! I love this website, particularly the 100lb club. Everyone is amazing.

Ok... I'm off to prep. for the week so I don't fall off the wagon!

Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #54  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Fresh Start Monday!

Good morning, lies!

I have to say, it's impossible at this moment to believe my SIL is dying any time soon. She certainly seemed like she could be on Friday. I've set the intention that she can draw energy through me any time she needs it (you just channel Reiki, so you don't get depleted). On Saturday when I went out there she still looked like she could be close to the end. When I was treating her, she looked like a corpse to me (I would tell no one but you that.). But immediately after the treatment, the glow was back to her skin, the sparkle in her eye. She seemed like her old self. And I went out and treated her yesterday and she seemed, afterwards, at her absolute best. Anyway, seeing her like that it's impossible to think she's close to death so I refuse to believe it. Denial, placebo effect, whatever. This is obviously helping her.

She had been sick for a couple of years. Two years ago they discovered she had a mass and they were going to do a biopsy. But her surgeon was diagnosed with Hep C and she fell through the cracks and decided not to push it herself. She'd had a mass in her abdomen 25 years ago that they said was benign. And she assumed it was the same thing, I guess.

Finally, by last summer, she seemed to be herself again. We were all tearfully toasting her good health, so grateful she was well. And she looked fabulous. Her husband had given her a trip to Cuba as a gift in 2005 and she hadn't been well enough and they'd finally booked it for a few weeks from now, so she'd be there for her 54th birthday.

So this has all seemed especially unreasonable and especially unfair.

Anyway, she's gone through really profound stuff during the treatments, whether real or not. She shudders and shakes (I was almost frightened at first). The first time, she seemed to be suffering. Afterwards she said that she felt the presence of both her parents and felt she was letting go anger towards her father that she'd been holding. She said yesterday she felt the presence of her brother who passed away in 2007. She also had issues with him but the experience was good. Plus she's feeling waves of energy, seeing colors, etc.

We're supposed to hear the results of the biopsy today.

As for moi meme, I'm -- YAY! -- down two of the festive fluffies as of this a.m. Just got back from gym and a walk around the harbour. All is well.

Well, of course now that I've blabbed for so long, I've got no time for personals. One of these days, though.

Love to all!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #55  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Sending good vibes to you and your SIL Arabella. I'm sure you are helping with the Reiki and with your positivity. You're a really good person!

January is always a tough month. DH's uncle has just refused any further pallative care, so that will be just days. And we lost one of our b-i-t-c-h-es (as in female dog...geesh the programme edited that!) to a freak accident on Sunday....I think I hate January.

Wsw! Way to go! Those are just flying away from you to live somewhere else. Don't send them here please.

Good coping ANewLife4Me...prepping for the week is great. I think I will do some of that. I do do large batches of stuff and freeze in single servings for "emergency" quick meals for last minute shifts etc....but I should have a supply of fresh veggies cut and ready for the teeth so to speak!

CJZee it is great to see you here! Like your outfit! And feeling full is good...water helps with that besides just being good for you.

Kat..I think I walked that day...yes it is slippy and slidy at times, but I use different muscles as I catch my balance! Also, walking in snow mobile type boots equates to slogging with snow shoes...a totally different set of butt muscles used.... I do like the pristineness of the snow though.

OK s I need to get my but in gear. Was at a show this past week-end, and worked yesterday am so no walks yet. Off I go Have a great day and remember a fresh slate each day.

Last edited by ceara; 01-20-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #56  

Sorry to hear news of your SIL and what she (and your family) are going through, Arabella. Good for you - being able to stay on track with all that going on.

And you, too, ceara. I agree January is a tough month (first week or two are always rough for me since DH's passing).

My uncle had Wheatons for a while and they stayed cute even when "grownup". I keep seeing my neighborhood Bouvier now that I know that's what he is. I'm sure he was around before and I just didn't notice.

wsw, Am, y'all are inspirations. Key West was delightful when I was there in January one year. But I'm here in the Mid Atlantic Arctic - though it's true we're relatively balmy now compared to the weekend. They keep promising us a slightly better weather day but it seems not to show up. However, I keep in mind an image of my bro who's an outside mailman in Fairbanks and whose back porch had been reading -40 to -50 for a while. Brrrrr!!!

My Mint Moroccan Green Tea is calling and I'm drooping after a sleepless night again. Cannot seem to get me all together in any one day any more. Food good today and hit the gym and not feeling bad considering but, dang, I'd like to get sleep, food, exercise and water all going in the right direction at the same time.

However, it does seem to be a peaceful day and that counts for a lot.

Did enjoy the Princesses (and the musical) over the weekend, too. But always glad to get back to my less chaotic casa.

Last edited by anagram; 01-20-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #57  
Empress/Queen

Sending what vibes I can in thy SIL's direction, dear Wood Nymph. I think your Reiki would indeed be helping her a great deal.

Congratulations on your two pound loss and on hanging tough!

Kaylets, :laugh: the ex-Janus employees aren't really seeking employment as they made very high salaries doing diet research in the obscure East Dietshire countryside, where there is no economy crisis. They are spending their days playing golf and writing their diet theories for the benefit of posterity.

Sword Bearer, I am so sorry for the loss to thy canine friend and also to hear the news of thy DH's uncle.

I have been taking almost two days off, basically did deadline stuff yesterday then watched the inauguration, about which I am very excited, so must away tomorrow and wanted to say hi to all, mentioned or un ... not much to say diet and fitness wise as I am soldierin' on.

Huzzah!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #58  
a work in progress...

Good Morning, faire s!

I've already been to the gym this AM... hit a 6:00 "Power" class. I recently started taking them again, I love how good I feel when I'm done... strong! Usually don't go at this time, but I'm having a MUCH NEEDED cut/color done after work and NOTHING can get in the way of that. NOTHING, I say! Oh my...the roots! My hair's just too long to 'fluff' up and hide the grayness any more.

I'd love to stay and play, but I need to hit the shower and head off to work. Hopefully can get a longer post in later.

Have a great day, all!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #59  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

A fresh "do" will certainly add to your empowerment Kat!

Things are motoring on here...very quiet. I never realized how much she talked....

I have a dental appointment at 9 so must be off...cycle out the dogs and get into the shower.

Have a great day all 'S
Old 01-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #60  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah to all and especially to Arabella and her family and hope against hope that things are possibly improving with thy SIL, Wood Nymph.

Emergency oral surgery took over the latter part of this most tiring week, feel ok but zapped and due to losing a productive day things got behind and ended up spending an office day with some negativity going on but much better today and finished until Monday, awaiting the verdict of my Sunday Golden Scale Ceremony, but have had a slightly more than moderate calorie week despite not feeling well.

It is quite warm here and I need to get self and finances in order soon to think about replacing or fixing my kitchen A/C.

Sorry about the me-me postie. I do seem very me-me these days, but that is changing as I feel better.
Closed Thread