Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #151  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Day 2, uh huh!

Well, the excitement I'm feeling at an official Day 2 is a testament to how well I haven't been doing. Oh, it feels so good to have a clear focus again!

Had a good choir practice last night. Today I've got sound yoga at lunch and tai chi tonight. This morning so far, I've made a pot of soup, walked and divided my streptocarpus: 1=5.

(Let's call it a cape primrose -- streptocarpus is just not a very pretty name). It's amazing -- mine has very violet blossoms on it and leaves and blossoms are BIG.

Now, I'd best not linger, actually, since I'm going out in a couple hours. Must get some work done. Have a good one, lovelies, and I'll try to sneak in for some personals later.

Love!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-10-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #152  

Hello all!

Happy Belated WSW! What a wonderful gift to go to meet Judy Collins!

Hugs to all! Sorry to be so brief... Time change is killing me this year....
I am jeaous Empress Janga of your state NOT doing the time change...

I am going to bed now and hoping I don't lay there with my eyes wide open.....

PS....I know 2 ladies with the ocular migranes too......

Hmmmm......
Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #153  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Just a quickie. Still hangin` in there....
Old 03-12-2009, 09:13 AM   #154  

Thumbs up Day 4!

I had a couple of iffy moments yesterday, one under deadline stress and with DGS visiting. But I held on, tracked, kept within points. Huzzah! Going back to WW tomorrow.

I actually had some ideas for a couple of ongoing writing projects yesterday when I was walking and came home and wrote out enough that I'll be able to flesh it out when I've got time (HAH!) Then last night at my writing group, I worked on one of my ideas and finished a first draft of a personal essay. I'm off work today and tomorrow so I'll take a little time to polish it and see if I can't get it published.

One of my projects is a book of personal essays. The other two are a book of ghost stories and a care-of-the-soul type one called "Between you and bliss: Stumbling blocks on the spiritual path." Oh and I'm also thinking of a gluten-free cookbook. And I've got ideas for several articles I want to write -- one about sound yoga (I thought I'd try "Body and Soul" with that one) and another one on specific types of physical activity to help particular psychological issues.

Kaylets, I'm never fond of the spring ahead change. Love the fall back one though, and I guess one requires the other. Full moonish too...

Kat, I'm enjoying the trail walk with you and Molly! Also loving the spring watch. V. wintery here still but it's got to go sometime. Me --> <-- Winter (Adios, sucker -- don't let the door hit you on the way out!)

Ceara, the latest on SIL is that they think now they were wrong about the original, grim prognosis and think that it's a curable lymphoma. She's finished her second go-round of chemo and says she thinks the tumor is GONE. She's feeling pretty well. So...

Anagram, how was the pub visit? Do you like Guinness? I do if I'm in the mood for it but it's a little hearty for me usually.

Hmmm... have puttered my way to 10 o'clock -- I'd better scoot. Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-12-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #155  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah to all 'n this be a fly-bye as pretty overwhelmed this week on the work and personal front, weight is stable with a visit from the Maintenance Angel at an early but official Sacred Ceremony o' the Golden Scale o' Dietary Justice a few days ago and Diet Maiden Am 'n Inner Diet Child Maisie 'n some other diet folkettes have formed a committee to set the next ceremonial date, which is March 22, giving Am a number of extra days between since there is so much going on right now that this will allow her to focus on steering a steady GOOD WEIGHT BEHAVIOR COURSE during the hullaballoo and have a nice day off for a weigh-in, brunch, etc., on that Sunday. It's important not to get too married to any one weigh-in day.

Huzzah, Sword Bearer, nice to see thee! Ye are doin' so well.

Arabella, that is wonderful news about the SIL's better diagnosis. I am sure thy reiki helped. Thy Cape primrose is beautiful.

Happy belated birthday, WSW!!!

Hope ye got a good night's sleep, Kaylets!

Royal ones, those are the only posties I can see on my screen so to all unmentioned as well as those mentioned, consider this a response to all as I must away, actually not away, I am just lying around following a two hour walk. I had some situations yesterday and realized I am very tired and burned out and there's so much coming up to deal with that I need to rest and read a cookbook a friend sent, and I may bake something from that.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #156  

Thumbs up Friday!

Off yesterday and today, anyway. Which means that I should be ready to enjoy the weekend, shopping and cleaning all done.

I took myself back to WW this a.m. and was precisely where I had been when I was there in January. Signed up for six months which will get me to goal at 1.73 a week. And if I ramp up the intensity a bit and manage 2 a week, I'll be there well ahead of schedule.

Janga, thanks for the kind words about the reiki. It really did seem to help. I attuned both SIL and her DH so they could both treat her and each other. Must find out how that's going. I found it quite powerful when I started.

Yea, the Cape Primrose is stunning and blooms almost all year. Mine desperately needed to be divided and I'm hoping it'll feel ready to burst forth again soon. Now I've got 5 -- I'll add some to a couple of other spots in my house and donate a couple to other folkettes who might like a splash of violet in their homes.

Hope all lies are well and happy this a.m. Let's take this day we've been given and make it WORK for us!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-13-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #157  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

So, ummm... I really haven't fallen off the face of the earth; I just ventured into the "there be dragons" portion of the map for a while. Thank you for the messages and encouragement while I was wandering in dark places.

I need to do some catching up in the palace, it appears. There are names I don't recognize, and I'm looking forward to getting to know the new royals.
I'll do some reading and some posting tomorrow, but I seriously couldn't let another day go by without dropping in and dusting off my corner of the palace. There are just too many lovely people here that I care about!

Andria
Old 03-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #158  

Thumbs up Day 6 + Saturday!

Just back from tai chi and got the rest of my 10,000 steps in. Thinking I'm going to have to aim higher to get to goal at the end of six months.

Having SIL & BIL and another couple in for dinner tonight. I'll do a cornucopia/rainbow of raw veggies and some roasted garlic feta/toasted walnut dip. It's really good, quick and easy. And they can have some crackers. Then old reliable lemon-garlic chicken, a big Greek salad and rice. I'll get them multigrain baguettes. Someone's bringing dessert, so that should do it. I'll forgo breadstuffs and dessert and I'll be able to stay within my points without too much difficulty. Just have to watch the wine.

Andria, I'm so happy to see you back in the Palace. Looking forward to getting caught up again.

K, where beith other lies? Wherever, hopeth all goeth well. Let's take this day we've been given and make it WORK for us!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #159  
a work in progress...

Happy Saturday, s!

Andria, you made my day! So good to see you back in the Palace... no need to dust out your suite... the chamber-boys kept it just as you left it... always ready! They're also very good at keeping the dragons at bay! Welcome home!

Arabella, your menu sounds fabulous! What time are you serving? I'll be right over! It sounds as though you're firmly back in control, and that's where you wanna be... BTW, your Cape Primrose are lovely! I've never seen them before... are they like violets?

Operation Spring Clean-Up/babystep version will be implemented this weekend, so I can't linger here. So much to do, hence the babysteps, so as to NOT get overwhelmed, just happy with each bit that does get accomplished! Later today, we're taking pictures for our Avon Walk for Breast Cancer website... I promise to share when posted!

Okay, I'm outta here, have a good day, kids!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-14-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #160  

Kat, the Cape primroses are like African violets on steroids (or primroses on steroids, except violet-colored). Huge -- the leaves get to be over a foot long and the blooms maybe 2 inches? And they just bloom like crazy almost all year. I'm hoping mine aren't set back too badly by being divided.

Dinner's at 7!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:30 AM   #161  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Okey dokey. Coffee is done...I'm filling the cup in a moment, and I'm considering forgoing Coronation Street in favour of a walk. I haven't seen it in so long that I don't have a clue where they're at!

Arabella...yummy menu!

Nice to see you back Andria. The land of the dragons be a fierce place...unless you have lemon-scented wash water for the wizards.

Ok...if I don't do something, nothing will get done. I think I will feed the guys, get them out and then go for a walk. I can drink coffee through all that.

Hope your walk goes well Kat...is it today?
Old 03-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #162  

Thumbs up Day 7!

Wow, wow, wow -- almost a third of the way around the block (funny triangle-shaped block, but still). I don't know when I last got this far. A LONG time. I'm serious about this -- and, OMG, it's so much more fun than putting in a piddly effort and not trying. Overeating and beating myself up. Nope, that's no fun. I feel like I'm not wasting my energy obsessing and keeping myself down.

Dinner went well last night. I had an extra glass of wine but was within points. So all is good. It was fun, too, and the first time SIL has been here for dinner since she was diagnosed. She's going to see her doctor on Thursday this week and should have more information. But she's been doing very well. Has a great wig that looks a lot like her own hair only with a new style. She feels pretty well but is having a little trouble sleeping. No wonder.

Ceara, lemon-scented wash water for the I'll have to remember that tip when next I venture near dragon territory...

Hope all lies are having a lovely weekend.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #163  

Thumbs up Day 8. Believe it or not.

That's pretty much all I've got to say today. All goes well, tracking everything, staying in points, getting my exercise. AND looking forward to a loss.

lies?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 AM   #164  
a work in progress...

Top o' the Morning!

I'm playing hooky today... a friend from work and I are wearin' our green, taking a ride into Manhattan, and heading off to see the Parade. The sun is shining and it's supposed to be nice 50ish degree day.(only reason I consented to go-- I'm too old for anything but the most optimum conditions!) Should be fun... I haven't done this since before I was married, many, many moons ago!

Have a happy day, faire s!

Old 03-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #165  

Thumbs up St. Paddy's Day AND Day 9

I was beginning to doubt that I could actually do this again but it seems I can.

No weight off this week yet but I've still got several days to get to Friday. Gonna do it!

Choir practice was good last night but, as so often happens, I couldn't get to sleep afterwards. I don't feel too bad, though, and have the will to go on. Yesterday afternoon I fought the fatigue munchies without letting them win.

and not brutally here today. I'm going to shower up and walk around the harbour on my way to sound yoga at noon. Tonight's tai chi.

Enjoy hooky and parade, Kat!

Have a lovely and day, lies!
Closed Thread