Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #16  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY. SITTING UP TO SLEEP IS NO FUN...I KNOW! SPEND THE WEEKEND WITH THE COUCH AND FLUIDS!! I FORGOT TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 7 LB LOSS LAST YEAR TILL I SAW SHAD'S POST!

MADCAT~ I SAW YOU IN THE JOURNALS. I WAS GOING TO COMMENT BUT IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE I LOGGED IN AND IT NO LONGER KNOWS ME! SO MY ONE DAY VISIT WAS SHORT!!! GOOD LUCK WITH WW AND JOURNALOING. YOU REALLY DID VERY WELL THEN!

CEEJAY~ GLAD ALL IS QUIET IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS! THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS.

ANNIE~ HAPPY TANNING, MOVIE WATCHING AND SURE HOPE THAT HEADACHE GOES AWAY!!

SHAD~ HOPE YOU FIND THE ANSWER TO THE VIRUS THING. I WOULD DIE IF I COULDN'T PLAY MY GAMES!! I DID NOT GET THE HEADACHE FROM THE CALL IN FACT I FELT MIGHTY RELIEVED TALKING TO ANOTHER "ADULT" THAT IS NOT SENILE!!!!!!!!! IT ALWAYS HELPS TO SHARE THE LOAD WITH A FRIEND TOO. HAVE FUN IN THE GARDEN...WAS THE DS2 FINISHED BEFORE YOU GOT OUT THERE THE OTHER DAY> DID HE SAY "IT'S ABOUT TIME?" WHEN YOU FINALLY SHOWED UP????

JEN HAD THE ULTRASOUND YESTERDAY AND THINGS LOOK GOOD. THE BLEEDING HAS STOPPED. HE WILL SEE HER AGAIN THIS MONTH TO KEEP TRACK AND TOLD HER SHE COULD USE SOME "DOWN TIME" AND TOLD RICHIE TO MAKE SURE SHE GOT IT.....LIKE THAT'S GONNA HAPPEN! I TOLD THEM THEY NEED LESS STRESS IN THEIR LIVES...LIKE I HAVE YOU CAN IMAGINE ALL OF US LAUGHING AT THAT ONE!!!
I MADE A CALL TO THE GOVT AND THE LOVELY MAN SAID WHAT TO WRITE IN A LETTER AND TO SEND IT IN THE ENVELOPE PROVIDED AND ALL SHOULD BE WELL. THEN I SHOULD WAIT TILL I HEAR FROM THEM AND AWAIT THEIR DECISION OR OTHER QUESTIONS. SO IN THE MEANTIME I WROTE OUT CHECKS AND MAILED THE BILLS OUT BEFORE THEY COULD GET TO MY MONEY!! HE SAID IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO WITHDRAW IT AND THEY WOULD JUST TAKE IT OUT OF THE NEXT CHECK BEFORE IT GOT COMPUTERED TO MY BANK. LOVELY.
I AM PRAYING MY LUCK IS CHANGING.
OTHER THAN THAT....I SPENT ABOUT 20 MINUTES IN THE OFFICE AND CAME BACK UP. COULDN'T TAKE THE SMELLS, THE YELLING AND THE STUPIDITY OF THE WHOLE BUNCH.
I HAVE A NOTE INTO THE DIRECTOR VIA A FRIEND. HE IS "SUPPOSED" TO STRAIGHTEN EVERYONE OUT AND THINGS ARE NOT TO BE DUMPED IN MY LAP LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS. JIMMY IS GONE NOW AND ALREADY IT'S IN MY LAP. YOU SHOULD HAVE HEARD ME SQUAWKING YESTERDAY...THE REAL WORLDLY CHICK JUST JUMPED RIGHT OUT OF ME AND RIPPED HEADS OFF WITH MY DEADLY WORLDY CLAWS!! THEY NOW KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT I AM A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH. PISCES THE WHALE HAS TAKEN OVER MY BODY AND THEY DESERVED WHAT THEY GOT YESTERDAY. AND WHEN I CAME BACK UP....I NEVER GAVE IT ANOTHER THOUGHT.
I AM OFF TO A STRONG START THIS YEAR AND SELF PRESERVATION IS AT THE TOP OF MY LIST....FINALLY. MUST HAVE BEEN ALL THAT AUSSIE ACCENT STUFF FILLING MY HEAD THE OTHER DAY ON THE PHONE
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY. ENJOY YOUR WEEKENDS!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-03-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Can they not run the office with out you?

Hi to all, I'm just not in a talkative mood.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #18  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

I am tired of being sick. The medication is drying me up but I still have alot of "cement" inside me. I was thrilled to find that we have these "minute clinics" staffed by nurse practicioners / physician assistants at the local pharmacy chain. I think all I need is a round of antibiotics to clear this out of me. Without it, I think I'm just going to go round in circles. Had a restless night yesterday and I'm quite tired this morning. Can't be as there is much to be done.

Ceejay - hope all is right with you. I understand about sometimes just not having anything to say. Hope the mood clears soon

Thanks for the good thoughts Mel! Glad to hear that Jen is feeling better (for the moment). What a crappy thing to deal with - sucks the strength out of you and she is a frail one to begin with. Hope Ritchie makes her rest - I know that YOU will. And I can guess that she will not listen to either of you I am SOOOO glad to hear that you finally put yourself at the top of the list. You've knocked yourself to the ground with good intentions a few times, it's about time that you stop for a moment and guage the situation. No more doormats for this lady I am praying that your luck changes too and the government finds that they weren't paying you ENOUGH

I spoke to a good friend last night, the one who lost her husband right before Christmas. She's going to have a rough go at it. I can only say that people really need to consider life insurance, particularly as we get older. She has a reliable job and insurance but I'm sure she isn't pulling the same salary she did when we were working in the information technology field. She said she will have to make some hard decisions but will be ok. She has a good circle of support friends and that always helps. When these situations happen close to me, I always take a look at things and say - what can I learn from this?

Thank you for the congrats on the pounds down. Not much to speak of but as I said, it's more important that it's not a gain. More than anything I have to attribute it to the blood sugar medicine. I haven't changed my diet that much (but this will change now) and I got tripped up from the gym after the hip bursitis thing. I am still trying to figure out how to work the gym in - I know DH is not keen on rejoining for himself and to go at 5:30am it's better to have a motivating buddy in this. So I am rethinking things.

Shad I hope your computer woes have gotten fixed and that the garden is all tilled and tidied. I'm sure you got a good sweaty work out. Definitely sure that I'm not envying you all that warmth and humidity Hoping you get a few cooler balmy breezes enough to say that it's a great day to be outside working.

Guess a bunch of you have headed off to the journals. I always felt compelled to respond to people there and that took even more time at the computer.

I suppose I will get cleaned up and off to the clinic. Happy Saturday to all.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #19  
Choose your hard

Arggg Annie - you need to rethink that tanning habit. So not good for your skin. Even the tanning beds. Hope your headache eased up.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #20  

Hello ladies,

Not much going on today. I'm actually in Austin, TX. Brought my parents down to visit my brother and his family. Enjoying our visit, just taking it easy. Unfortunately, lots of goodies to eat. But come monday, Starting my program.

Happy - Hope you make it in to one of those clinics. I know many of them accept insurance, so you just might have to pay the co-pay.

Shad - I really need to get a new pc for home but i dread getting one, especially if i have to deal with all the antivirus stuff or all the other programs. I am NOT a computer person.

Annie - Didn't know that cabbage was a good luck thing. I ate plenty of black-eye peas, so hopefully that will take care of it.

Oh, mom's calling.. Be back later.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 01-03-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

A new day and a new problem with this computer. Now I can't receive mail but I can send it. Roll on Robbie next week.

Nothing new to report here. Still gardening in the front yard but it will be done today and the lawns mowed. Then I need to get sorted in the back. Bloody weeds. I may have to hire a gardener once a week or so to keep it under control since DS2 can't tell a weed from a rosebush until it flowers.

I'll be back later to write personals since it will probably rain shortly AGAIN
Old 01-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #22  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

Patty that was really nice of you to drive your parents to your brother's house. Enjoy your visit.

Shad - I am with the DS - can't tell what to pull and what not until it grows a bit and I can recognize it. I would love to have lucious thick flowerbeds that choked out the weeds. Seems like you are getting more rain than I remember. A few years back after you built your rain tank it seemed like you were in a horrid drought and couldn't get anything in it. Was that seasonal or just a dry spell that is easing up?

Mel - I hope you are resting comfortably giggling at a movie at the moment.

Annie I suppose is out on a date with Tony

Michelle - you've been quiet. I hope it's because you are just busy and not because you've had a relapse with the cold.

Ceejay, Madcat, Ruth, Holly, Nae

I did go to the clinic today. Wish I would have thought about that a few days ago. My chest is really aching and I think I was really needing that antibiotic. Cripes I didnt' realize that Mucinex (expectorant) was so bloody expensive. I tried to use my health care reimbursement card to buy nasal spray, my prescription and a box of Mucinex. The bill was over $56 dollars. Figured it was the prescription. My health care card is fussy and generally will only allow me to use the debit card for prescriptions only, even tho I can make a claim for over the counter medications - go figure. It refused and I had her separate the prescription which was only 4 dollars. The box of Musinex was 50 dollars We went to another pharmacy where we found a smaller box of tablets. The nurse practicioner was very nice. It was a thorough exam, they asked alot of questions, I'm sure to document everything. I was in and out in 20 minutes. Then just had to wait for the prescription to be filled. I would definitely recommend them. At least 2 pharmacy chains have started these "minute clinics". She asked why I didn't go see my family doctor - said I would have to wait long for an appointment and then once there, kill 4 hours in the waiting room I think whomever thought of this concept figured out they could easily grab business from someone like me Keeps people from crowding up the hospital emergency rooms too.

DH is cooking for a change. He was watching a cooking channel while I was showering and saw a recipe that got his mouth watering for pork chops. They are marinated in Jack Daniels whiskey. I am sceptical tho I watched the show and they did look good - the scepticism comes in that we both destest the taste of whiskey He's cooking them now and I do admit they smell good. Of course he is only cooking the meat. I am making all the rest of the stuff. And it's a big orchestration in the kitchen there (tho he is cleaning up after himself). Men

I think it's time to go steam my asparagus. Later chicks.

Carla - it's time to pop out of lurk mode
Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 AM   #23  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy New Year ladies!

I love the new thread name! Cheers to health and happiness in the new year! I've been resting a lot these last few days...seems to be what's helping me get over this crud that's still got my chest tight and makes breathing an intersting game. I'll be taking it easy today before I head back to work tomorrow. I feel bad having to rest so much since it's DMIL's last weekend with us for the winter...but we'll have lots to do this springs/summer when she comes back.

Shad - That sounds like it might've been a scam antivirus that actually put spyware and a virus on your computer. I hope you are able to get it fixed soon. I don't know Teel, but I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers as she is a dear friend of my friends. Since the wind chills for today and tomorrow are going to be below zero, I'm wishing I could be helping you in your tropical summer garden. Although I'm right there with your DS, I can't tell what to pull or not pull until it blooms.

Mel - Glad you and Shad were able to chat! I hope you are getting to feel better. Rest, rest, rest. That's what we need to do to kick this thing out, I think. I hope Jen is feeling better too. Fibroids are very painful. I hope she gets the R&R she needs. Sorry to hear about your having to wrestle with the government. Hang in there! You, Jen and Ritchie are in my thoughts and I'm sending you : Don't you let anyone dump stuff in your lap. I'm so glad to hear you're going to put yourself first! YGG!

Happy - I hope you are resting lots too. I understand what you mean about sleeping upright...I've been doing that for a couple weeks with a cool mist humidifier blowing right at my face, seems to be helping if just a bit slower than I'd prefer. Congratulations on your weight loss during the year! I'm sure you'll figure out how to get exercise in whether or not you go to the gym in the week hours. I'm glad you got on an antibiotic. Yes, Musinex is expensive, but it works well. $50 though? I've never seen bottles that bit, but I have paid $20 for a small bottle. I hope the pork chops turned out good. They sure sound yummy.

Annie - I never heard of cabbage bringing good luck! I have been in the mood to make some WW zero point cabbage soup though. Not sure if I'll get back to the store today...we'll see. Sorry that the Colts lost last night. I was cheering for them. I would've liked to have seen a Manning-Manning Super Bowl. Happy's post about coleslaw reminded me that I did eat cabbage already in 2009! We went out for fish (beer battered haddock) on Friday and had coleslaw with it. Okay, deep fried beer battered haddock isn't healthy, but it sure is yummy and DH and I don't indulge in it too often.

Patty - So nice that you and your parents are enjoying your visit with your DB and family.

Well, ladies, it's back to resting for me.

A big to everyone! And to health, happiness and all the best in 2009.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 01-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #24  
Happy September

CEEJAY....MAYBE ONE DAY THEY WILL GROW UP AND SURPRISE ME AND RUN THE BLDG BY THEMSELVES SENDING YOU A HUG IN CASE YOU NEED ONE

HAPPY~ HERE'S TO GETTING RID OF THE CEMENT THIS WEEK!! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER VERY SOON. I BUY MY MUCINEX FROM DRUGSTORE.COM AND IT'S $237+ FOR 500 TABS. MUCH CHEAPER THAN I CAN BUY IT AROUND HERE. I LOVED IT WHEN IT WAS A PRESCRIPTION AND I GOT IT FOR FREE!! JEN AND I BOTH NEED IT DAILY. AS FOR YOUR EXERCISING....IF YOU HAVE GYM EQUIPT AT HOME THEN SET UP TIMES AND DAYS AND JUST STICK TO THEM. BETTER THEN THROWING MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN BECAUSE OF HIPS AND BAD DAYS. GOOD LUCK!
HOPE YOUR FRIEND MAKES IT THRU THE TOUGH TIMES

PATTY...GOOD O!!! BET THE PARENTS WERE THRILLED!! AND I WANTED TO SAY WHAT LOVELY WORDS YOU HAD FOR NEW YEARS ON OUR DECEMBER THREAD. VERY SWEET THANKS!

MICHELLE...I AM FINALLY REALIZING THESE LAST FEW DAYS THAT REST IS THE ONLY THING THAT KICKS THIS GERM'S BUTT!! SO WE WILL REST TOGETHER AND THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS ABOUT "SPRINGTIME IN THE ROCKIES"!!! MAYBE I'LL GET OUT THAT MOVIE AND WATCH IT! GET WELL SOON! TO YOU AND YOUR CHEST GETTING LIGHTER!!!

SHAD...BETTER GET THE BOY A PICTURE BOOK OF GARDENING A GARDENER WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA FOR BOTH OF YOU! SAVE SOME OF THAT RAIN FOR THE DRY SEASON HOPE THE COMPUTER WOES COME TO AN END SOON!

I AM ALSO STILL IN "REST MODE". BY THE TIME THIS IS OVER, I WILL BE A POSITIVELY LAZY SOD! I WILL ADMIT THAT I AM LOVING THE DOWN TIME AND I AM REALLY GETTING USED TO LESS DOORBELL RINGING AND LESS PROBLEMS. I ALMOST HATE TO ADMIT THIS...BUT I HAVE USED THIS ILLNESS TO MY ADVANTAGE AND HAVE ACTUALLY SAID OUT LOUD THAT I AM A BIT MORE FRAGILE THAN I CARE TO ADMIT. I AM TRYING NOT TO LET IT MAKE ME FEEL "WEAK" IN FRONT OF OTHERS....OT FOR MYSELF AS WELL. ALSO TRYING TO SEPARATE THE BODY FROM THE MIND. A DIFFICULT CONCEPT...I NEED MR. SPOCK TO HELP ME GET THRU THE HUMAN STUFF. WONDER IF CAPT. KIRK WILL LEND HIM TO ME FOR AWHILE.
OFF TO BREAKFAST.
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-04-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #25  

Carla here, reporting in from yet another sickbed... Not a chest thing or the stomach flu (had that two weeks ago) but a sudden muscle spasm in my lower back that came out of nowhere and makes sitting, getting up, using the toidy, getting dressed etc a major challenge. We are quite a bunch with all our ailments!

Christmas was a bit of a challenge as always, but as least the driving was okay. As usual, I've been mentally recuperating since.. New Year's Eve was a nice quiet evening by myself, no complaints there. And I have a few more days before my next job, so there's time to wait for the back to recover.

My lovely neighbour just called and offered to go out in the cold to pick up some muscle relaxants for me. Some people are soooo nice!

Anyway, I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New Year - I hope it brings us all peace, contentment, weight loss, and financial stability.

I discovered yesterday that my favourite antihistamine has been discontinued, and I only have about a week's worth left. Rats! Happy, this means no more little contraband care packages for you, sorry!

Shad, I had a virus warning message like the one you described, but since the antivirus software I use was up to date and claimed nothing was wrong, I just turned the computer off illegally (the only way to get rid of the warning message) and ran a scan after turning it back on. No virus detected, and I think it was in fact a spammer trying to make me download something unfortunate. As for the software I use, my tech guy hates Norton because it tends to have too many bells and whistles for home use and just bogs the computer down. He has me using Panda, which has not been a problem except for the time I bought the more expensive version and it also had too much stuff on it. So now I stick with their bottom of the line product, three licenses (not that they're counting, wink wink) for about $53 Can. I have several friends who use the freeware Madcat suggested, all very happy with it.

Well, folks, my apologies for not doing personals. Time to winch (and wince) myself off the couch to wait by the door for my pharmacy delivery. Hugs to Mel (I'll email you later!), Ceejay, Michelle, Annie, Patty, Ruth, Happy, Madcat, and anyone i've missed. Special hugs to Teel who I don't know but who deserves all the hugs she can get after her tough year!
Old 01-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #26  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

Ahhh the wonderful power of antibiotics I've only taken one dose but immediately feel better. No cement this morning, just a bit of a runny nose and a slight cough - but both are clear and doing their jobs clearing the respitory system out. I am just dealing with the side effects of antibiotics - not quite a colon cleanse but close to it. Just worried that the pills I'm taking won't stay in me long enough to do all their good. Sorry if that's TMI. But I am ready to start taking on the world again and that's a good thing. Already got several loads of laundry done, scanned the Internet, gathered the Christmas decorations to go back into the attic again. Things are getting done. I have to wait till my tummy calms down so I can head out to the grocery store.

Carla - so sorry to hear about your back. I think those are the worst - the ones that just sneak up on you. You really put it in persective trying to get off the toilet. Hope you can grab the sink. Once it got so bad I had to use DH's walker to help me get up - you don't realize how that motion stresses the back until it gives out on you. Muscle relaxors, ice and rest are key. You can alternate 20 minutes of ice first and then heat if you need to. Hope you feel better quickly but those things have to work themselves out. Don't push it or it will "pop" again. Sorry to hear about the antihistamines. I have a half pack left I can drop off. Perhaps they will do what they did here - reformulate it which still works pretty good and better than the other brands. I knew something was up when I couldn't find it on the shelves for weeks on end - think I cleared out every pack within a 20 mile radius. Then I started hunting for it online It's just that nothing works as good as that one. Take care and rest up!

Mel - I was thinking of you when I was agast the price of Mucinex. The doctor said to get the plain one and I grabbed the only box on the shelf - the 100 count bottle. 50 cents a pill I thought you had said you need to take it on a regular basis. We went to another store and I got a 20 count box - probably more than I need. If I see a better price, I will let you know. Mel my friend, I think you need to get over that "other see me as weak" thing. You should be at a point in your life where you don't care what others think People who are people pleasers and get 'er done kind of folks have a tendency to take on more than what's good for them and others are all too willing to let someone else make the effort. Time's come to say, 'nuffs enough already. Self preservation number 1. I came to that same conclusion when I realized that over doing it leads to stress. And stress gives you a fat belly. And I don't need either of them. You must have been reading my mind about the home gym. I was thinking of that too. I see on cable that there are lots of On Demand exercise videos. The only thing I can't use is the treadmill. Going to have to think seriously about revamping the bedrooms and moving the treadmill down to the first floor so I can use it again. In the meantime Missus - keep resting up and kicking butt on the germ front. Make Jen sit a spell with you too.

Michelle - that's unfortunate that you couldn't do more stuff with your DMIL but with the cruddy winter you guys have been getting, it's probably better to just wait until summer rolls around and spend the time now just chatting and enjoying each other's company.

Oops gotta take a break here. DH is talking to me. Back later.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #27  
Happy September

I COULDN'T SHRINK CATTITUDE DOWN SO I'LL REMOVE IT TOMORROW AFTER WE ALL HAVE A LAUGH!
I HAVE SOME LAUNDRY TO DO AND JEN AND I MADE A DATE FOR THE M ORNING. SO I AM POSTING TONITE.
STARTED TO COOK A BIT FOR MYSELF AND BROILED SOME CHICKEN BREASTS AFTER I MARINATED THEM IN TRADER JOE'S BALSAMIC DRESSING.... YUM!!! OMG THEY ARE TO DIE FOR. GOING TO GET MORE CHICKEN TUESDAY AND MAKE SOME FOR THE KIDS. ALL IS WELL HERE AND HAVE BEEN CLEANING AND SORTING TODAY ON AND OFF.
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY TOMORROW

CARLA~ VERY GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE AND SORRY ABOUT THE BACK. HOPE THE MEDS WORK AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF. IS THE NEW JOB CLOSE TO HOME?? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS. I MUST REMEMBER TO PUT THE DOO NOT DISTURB SIGN OUT ON MONDAY AFTER DINNER!!

HAPPY~ I AM VERY GLAD TO HEAR THE MEDS ARE WORKING. AMAZING ISN'T IT?? HOPE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER NOW SO WORK WON'T BE SUCH A DRAG THIS WEEK. MY FRIEND JOINED WW ONLINE FOR THE NEW MOMENTUM THING AND IS GOING TO MEETINGS AS WELL. I HAD TOLD HER YOU SAID SOMETHING WAS NEW AND OFF SHE WENT!! CHANGE THOSE ROOMS AROUND WHILE YOU HAVE THE BIG "RUSH" FROM THE FIRST OF THE YEAR MOTIVATION! LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING GREAT THINGS OUT OF THE LAND OF ELVIS!!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #28  
Choose your hard

Love the poster Mel. And thanks for the comment about the balsamic marinade. I have some dressing I need to use up and that would be perfect. I will trust that if you said it's good, then it must be. I imagine it would smell very good cooking up. DH and I wound up installing Quicken again and spending all afternoon loading things up. I never did get to the grocery store but I told him that he MUST go with me Tuesday night. I have a few things I can stretch till then. Made him some hot dog thing his mom used to make so he has 2 days of meals. I'm going to make a quickie pot of chicken vegetable soup using left overs. Will boil a few eggs and have tuna salad for lunch too. I should get back in the habit of planning and having things ready to take for lunch. I was going to make some chicken and tortelli soup but when I pulled the bag out of the freezer, I discovered it was beef ravioli instead. So we had ravioli and tossed vegetable salad for dinner. I stopped eating at half of my serving so I can have the rest for dinner tomorrow when DH is eating his hot dog stuff.

I also purchased a copy of a home inventory program from Quicken. That's something I have been wanting to do for years and years. This is nice because you can write up a description and scan in a picture as well as receipts. DH said I get overly worried at times but I look at my friend who lost her DH and things are in such a disarray that she has to sift through - those situations always nag at me to tidy up my life. And I've said for insurance purposes, we should keep SOME kind of record

Off to enter stuff
Old 01-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've had a good week end but it's back in the saddle again tomorrow. I'm so looking forward to my 6 day's off starting jan 14 through jan 19.

Happy
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and I'm most diffinatley going to check out the Musinec's. I have a high powered rx for Sudafed but this will intefere with the bp meds if I'm not careful.

Michelle
Sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well.

Carla
Ouch on the back. I know how painful those can be. Be careful. It is nice to have good neighbor's

Mel
I love the cattitude poster.

To everyone else
Old 01-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #30  

Hello Ladies,

Sending & 's to all of you who are feeling sick. Hope you all get to feeling better.

Michellez - Rest, rest, rest. Hope you get to start feeling better.

Happy - Wow, I too didn't realize Mucinex was that high. I was also going to remind you, you might have a co-pay on prescriptions. I do and the first one or two prescr cost me lots, because of that. Glad to hear the meds are kicking in.

Mel - the poster was cute.

Carla - What a good neighbor. I hope you get to feeling better. Muscle spasms are the worse. If you can get down, try soaking in a hot tube. That seemed to help me.

Shad - A gardner sounds like a good idea. I have someone mow my yard. That's my luxury i give to myself.

As for me, trip was great, my brother & his family were glad I was able to bring mom and dad down. It's only a 4 1/2 hour drive, but with Dad you have to make several stops. I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow resting, laundry etc., then tomorrow night going to see Celine Dion in concert. Can't wait, we've had our tickets for like 8 months.
Closed Thread