Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #151  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ THANKS I GOT THE E-MAIL AND WILL TRY IT IN A SEC. MY COMPUTER IS TELLING ME ALL THE TIME THAT I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE FOR PICS. I HAVE TO KEEP DELETING ANY PICS I SAVE AND UNLOADED WEBSHOTS. IT ALL BEGAN AFTER THE LAST CRASH AND I AM NOT A PHOTO NUT SO I NEVER LOOKED INTO IT ANYWAY....I WILL TRY THIS AND SEE IF IT BOGS DOWN THE RUNNING. LOVELY WORK

SHAD...AS YOU CAN SEE I WILL GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY. THAT FLOWER IS JUST BEAUTIFUL...ACTUALLY THEY ALL WERE!!

LOOKS LIKE THE TEMPS WILL BE RISING AND I CAN THINK OF SOMETHING OTHER THAN BEING COLD!!
NOTHING NEW SINCE LAST NIGHT SO YOU ALL LUCKED OUT. SHORT POST.
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY
Old 01-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #152  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

I went to bed late, slept in and now I need to go get ready for my hair appointment. Yep, time overdue to get that gray out of my hair.

It's still cold here but supposed to warm up a bit over the week - well maybe 20 degrees so it will be kinda cold instead of FRACK it's Freezin'

Gotta jump in the shower so have a good Saturday chicks, I'll check back tonight.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm feeling a bit better today. Need to run to Walmart and to the grocery store. Even rode the bike for 20 minutes last night.

Called my little sister to wish her a happy birthday. She's 56 today.

Everyone have a good day.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #154  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morena

Ceejay - glad you are feeling better. Told you rest and relaxation would do it.

Happy - hope the hairdo works out just right. Are you going red to brighten up the winter? Thanks for the email.

Mel - better stay warm and cosy. Hope the new picture works for you. There comes a time when the old memory (in the computer not in your head) just doesn't cut it especially since so many programs these days take up so much space.

Not much going on here. I'm off out to water (we are allowed on Sundays provided we hold the hose!) as much as possible before it gets too hot. Then it will be a fairly lazy day apart from the fact that DS2 has friends coming around sometime today so I'd better go get some groceries as there isn't much in the house.
Yesterday I purchased a new outdoor setting and a new barbecue and a new chest of drawers. Serious money - particularly for my chest of drawers. Now I need to pull in the woolly head for a while and concentrate on saving again. The table and chairs and barbecue should arrive by end of next week, but the drawers have to be made. They will take approx. 6 weeks.

Okay - that's it. I'm gone Things to do, people to stuff around.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #155  
Happy September

Hearty Peasant Soup

Prep: 10 minutes Total: 30 minutes

Before you add the greens to the pot, clean them thoroughly. After cutting broccoli rabe as indicated in the recipe below, place it in a large bowl of cold water and agitate it to loosen dirt. Lift the broccoli rabe from the bowl (leaving dirt and silt behind) and repeat if necessary. Tip: Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese to give this soup a more robust flavor.

Per serving: 403 calories, 18 g protein; 9 g fat; 65 g carb; 11 g fiber

Ingredients
Serves 4 .

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus more for seasoning, if desired
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes in juice
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) cannelini beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 bunch (about 1 pound) broccoli rabe, cut crosswise 1 inch thick and well washed, with water still clinging to it (blanched if desired)
4 thick slices rustic whole-wheat bread, toasted
Directions
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add tomato paste and vinegar; cook, stirring frequently, until slightly darkened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes (with their juice), beans, broccoli rabe, and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until broccoli rabe is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste.
To serve, place a slice of toasted bread in the bottom of each serving bowl; ladle soup over toast.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #156  
Happy September

HOLY CHIT!! WE'RE HAVING A VERITABLE HEAT WAVE! A WHOPPING 27 DEGREES OUTSIDE AND LOVELY FLUFFY SNOW FALLING!! THE GS AND I WERE MESMERIZED BY THE WINDOW. NOT SURE HE KNOWS WHAT SNOW IS. HE SQUAWKS WHEN ONE FLAKE GETS TOO CLOSE TO THE WINDOW.,....ESPECIALLY IF IT'S BIG. MUST THINK THEY'RE BUGS! I REFUSE TO WORRY ABOUT WHO IS GOING TO SHOVEL.
NOTHING NEW HERE...JUST ENJOYING THE WHITE CHRISTMASSY LOOK
HAPPY WHITE SUNDAY / HOT MONDAY

SHAD~ THE PICTURE LOOKS WONDERFUL AND SO FAR SO GOOD. HAAPPY PUT A FRAME AROUND IT AND IT JUST LOOKS SOOOO GREAT JEN COULDN'T BELIEVE IT GROWS IN YOUR YARD ALONG WITH THE OTHERS. WE REALLY NEED TO SIT AND LOOK AT WEBSHOTS ONE DAY WHEN WE HAVE TIME...IT TAKES FOREVER TO LOAD!! YOUR PURCHASES SOUNDED NICE AND ENJOY!

HAPPY~ SO LAST NIGHT YOU WENT TO BED AND WILL WAKE UP TO A HEATWAVE HOW DID THE HAIR COME OUT??? WHEN DOES THE WW BEGIN?

CEEJAY~ GLAD YOU FELT GOOD ENOUGH TO GO OUT TO WEALMARTS. SHOPPING IS GREAT THERAPY! DID YOU BUY SOMETHING GOOD?

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-18-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #157  

Mel
Just bought the necessities. We had snow flurries the other day.

I really am feeling a lot better today. I rode the bike again last night. This morning I was curious about my weight. The scale said 186.4. I'm happy with that but I'm sure that weight will come back. I haven't been eating as much these past few weeks.

2 more days of freedom before I go back to work. Work 2 days then have 3 more days off.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #158  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday ladies -

Well, I spent most of yesterday working...luckily I'm able to work from home. I was still having difficulty getting a report that needs to run successfully tomorrow to return the correct data. I finally was able to fix it late last night. I was able to take breaks during the day as the report takes 3 hours to run...so I made a change or two, run the report, and come back a few hours later. Anyway, this morning I got confirmation that the data is correct, so I scheduled the report to run tomorrow morning. Yay! It works finally. Anyway, I've got a pot roast cooking in the crock pot (dinner will be around 6 pm CST if you want to join us), and now I'm going to a little cleaning and then relax the rest of the day since I didn't get to relax yesterday. Although I am going to do either a WATP or a yoga DVD. It warmed up to 19 yesterday, not sure how warm it will be today. But they say that it might warm up to upper 20s/low 30s this coming week! A relative heat wave!

Shad - The photos you posted are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! They held up nicely despite the drought. How wonderful to treat yourself to a new barbecue, outdoor furniture and a new chest of drawers! I'd love to see photos when they arrive.

Mel - I hope your computer is behaving better. I'm glad to hear it's warming up in NJ too!

Happy - So glad you have enough people for WW at work. I'll bet your hair looks great! What color did you go with? I need to get mine touched up in the next few weeks; I'll be staying blond.

Ceejay - So glad to hear you are feeling better and that you can enjoy the rest of your vacation in better health.

Annie - I hope you are getting this relatively warm weather too and enjoying your weekend!

A big to everyone!

Love and big hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 01-18-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #159  

Hello Ladies,

Here it is sunday and haven't done much. I don't think I mentioned that I'm still having problems. Started with hives, then Blood pressure got high. I went to doc told him about that, but told him I still don't feel right. He ran a normal blood panel, WBC was high everthing else ok. I went home and two week later i'm back.. I told him I don't feel right, now my skin feels tight, especially arms, i'm retaining fluids...joints hurt and I'm tired... He ran a different blood panel and this one comes back that I have inflammation, and other items are higher than normal. The nurse called me and said, you have some high numbers, he wants you to see a Rhumotology (sp)Arthiritis doc. That's all he said. That was 2 weeks ago and my appointment with the doc is not until 2 weeks from now. I"M so frustrated.

Shad - your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Mitchellez - I too can work from home.. we'll on weekends. Glad you finally got your report running right. We'll i don't want to rub it in, BUT we're suppose to hit 68 next week. I think the coldest it got here was like 29F, but it warmed up to 45.

Ceejay - Glad your feeling better. OH, i wish you could send some snow flurries here. Last year we had some for a few minutes. My niece was so excited cause she had never seen snow..

Happy - New Year, new hair color. Did you get the same cut or go with a new hair do? I changed my style back in Nov. and it really made a difference. Lots of compliments. Right now i have lots of gray, but with the hives, problems i'm having didn't want to put any more chemicals in me.

Mel - Hope your enjoying your day. Hope you don't get any calls.

Right now just flipping the tv channel, looks like there's going to be a big Hooplop going on in DC today. Everyone's so excited about the new president coming in. I just pray that he and Congress can help turn things around. HOPE is in the air, and that's what we need right now.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #160  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Beginning of another week for us over here. I hope it brings some good news for a change for all of us. The stock exchange is up this morning and lets hope that lasts, but the economic news is not good - the State of NSW is officially in recession with the rest of the states to follow. I still have plenty to do around the house, so I am not bored or frustrated yet, but I may just have to go back to work for a rest!! So far this morning I have poisoned a clump of weeds that seems to be insistent on spreading itself all over the yard despite the fact I have dug out all the big plants and removed all the seeds from others. So poisoning is the only thing left. I've also watered the rose garden (illegally but hey, the weatherman has been wrong all this weekend about the rain we are supposed to have). I've washed everything in sight and am about to tackle the house and see if I can persuade the spiders to go outside again. If they don't take the hint, they may have to get sprayed as well. I don't like to kill the spiders since they catch the flies. I hate flies worse.

Patty - I'm sorry to hear that you are not well and seemingly getting worse. I hope the tests and appointments can sort it out for you quickly.

Michelle - At least you got the calculations to work at last. Just a pity you had to work over the weekend. Well done. Glad you liked to pictures. Pot Roast - Yummy. I'm on my way.

Ceejay - glad to hear you sounding so much better. Take care not to overdo it, but I have no doubt the exercise is doing some good.

Mel - I wonder what Broccoli rabe is? I'll have to check out the 'net and see if I can find an explanation or a picture. Glad you enjoyed Happy's creativity with the picture. I haven't put anything up on Webshots for a while - I must get around to it shortly. Another job to put on the list.

Okay, I am off to have a ride on DS2's bike. I need some exercise and I don't want to do it before everyone leaves for work. I'm going down to the cycle track/ walking path but it doesn't go everywhere and I will need to use the roads occasionally so I don't want too much traffic. Wish me luck. I haven't ridden a bike for years - so I don't need to crash or fall off. I'd better take it slow and only go a short distance today.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #161  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS OF THE WORLD!
YESTERDAY'S CLEANING EFFORTS GOT ONE FILE CABINET CLEANED OUT AND THE PAPER SHREDDER IS STILL COOLING OFF TRYING TO FIND THINGS I DON'T NEED EYES FOR IS CHALLENGING. I MISS MY COMPUTER GAMES THE MOST. BUT JEN AND I HAVE HAD SOPME CHATS AND THE GRANDSON GOT LOTS OF ATTENTION. THE POWERS THAT BE SENT A KID TO SHOVEL. BUT IT'S STILL ME THAT HAS TO LOCK AND UNLOCK STUFF AND RUN THE ALARM SYSTEM. GUESS THEY DON'T TRUST ANY OF THESE GUYS. fIF IT'S NOT TOO COLD FOR THE RISACEA TOMORROW I MIGHT GO TO SHOPRITE AND GET SOME BOTTLED WATER AND PRODUCE. BUT FOR TODAY I AM BACK TO RESTING
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY

HAPPY MARTIN LUTHER KING'S DAY!!

SORRY FOR NO PERSONALS TODAY. EYES ARE A BIT TOO WATERY FOR READING. BUT I SEND HUGS

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-19-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #162  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Guess I never made it in here yesterday. Sorry.

As for the hair - I asked for the same color as the receptionist - a warm reddish brown with golden highlights. What I got was quite dark with just a few light blonde highlights on top. It's cut in a chin length bob. The color is reminiscent of when they first came out with wigs in the 70's and they had the "frosted" look of dark and blonde. It's the only way I can describe it. It isn't bad, a bit dark for my taste and it will lighten up as I wash it. She did a good job with the highlights - not too much, just enough to perk up the hair. My scalp has been really sensitive for the last 2 months and it's always really irritated and itchy for 2 to 3 days after I get my hair done - the more intense the color, the worse it is. I did alot of "scratching - rubbing with the pads of my fingers" the last 2 days but I'm better now. If my hair wasn't so thin and fine, I might be tempted to leave the gray. For the first time, I can really take an objective step back and see myself aging. Sometimes despite a sunny personality it is kind of a downer to see yourself leave your glory days behind.

Oh well, still alive and kicking - beats the alternative, right?

Yesterday I spent most of the day just twittering about, taking care of little things here and there. The kind of stuff you pass by, think to yourself - hey I've got to ... reinforce the button on my coat, mend a hole in a sock, wash some blankets, get the last of the Christmas stuff that was tucked away on a bottom shelf, put the garland from the mantle into the recycling bin, etc. So I concentrated on all those things I've been meaning to do for a while but kept forgetting about.

Today is a holiday for us Martin Luther King was assasinated in Memphis so it's a big holiday here. I have a follow up meeting with the diabetes program director that I missed last week. Weight Watchers at work starts this week and I've been reading up online trying to get prepped for the new program. I will do a bit of shopping after I meet with C this afternoon and will continue to take care of a few things around the house today. Trying to declutter as well.

Mel - sorry to hear the peepers are watering. I'm sure the GS loved the attention. Does he like getting his head scratched? I hope you are feeling good enough to go out tomorrow.

Shad - you've been busy. Funny how you can be away for a while but when you get back there are always lots of things to be done around the house. Good luck on the bike! Each time I go into the garage I look at the bikes we bought a couple of years ago and swear I'm going to get back on them again. It's embarassing - I've lost my stamina and we have gentle rises around here - enough to have me huffing and puffing after 5 minutes. We have an exercise bike - I should get going on that to build up strength again so that come spring I'll be strong again. I hope you made it as far as you intended to. Saw an article on the Internet today - they are doing some deep sea exploring out your way and discovered some new aquatic species. The sad thing is that the coral is dying - global warming and pollution.

Patty - sorry you are feeling so poorly. The rheumatologist can run some additional bloodwork that can analyze all sorts of things - more than a regular doctor. Hope they find the source of your problems soon. Sounds very uncomfortable!

Michelle - how did the pot roast come out? Funny to hear you say that 20 degrees - whoo hoo it's warm My mom and sister said the same thing. It was cool here yesterday 50 and I thought a bit of a chill in the air yet but DH was working outside in just a t-shirt. I was thinking that if it was you guys, you'd be pulling the cover off the pool I hope you got your report to run. 3 hours is a long time to keep tweaking.

Ceejay - hope you can maintain your loss and add something to it. I know what you mean about getting nervous when the weight is yo-yoing. I see the same thing - lose and they try to stay on program and then see a gain because of salt or a bad weekend. Just have to keep striving for more on plan days than not and don't let your calories get too low - even if you don't feel like eating.

Guess I've babbled enough - better go get busy - the afternoon will be here in a flash and I don't want to fritter the day away.

to the rest of the chicks
Old 01-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #163  

Morning everyone
I have the day off but it was a scheduled holiday for me. I'm dreading to go to work tomorrow. I still have a nasty cough. It's not deep though like it has been. Maybe Tim will send me home tomorrow but that's wishful thinking on my part.

I can remember the riots and the assination of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Will be getting out this afternoon to run some errands.

Have a great day.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #164  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

It's Monday, Monday, Monday.................

Good Morning My Chick a Dees.........

Hey SHAD...the pix of your flowers are remarkably beautiful...

MEL...Great recipe...Wow 27 degrees, high today here is 24. However by Thursday it is supposed to be 40 degrees. Holy crap, break out the shorts and flip flops...

Happy....Gray Begone, I tell you. I, too, get the itchy scalp after EVERY hair color. I forget that is what causes it every month, and then my brain gets to moving and I think, OMG I have lice. Oh no, it is just the hair coloring causing it. Talk about CRS. Shuweeee.

Ceejay....take it slow girl, don't do too much, you need complete recovery.

Michelle....Isn't it nice when a work report goes well and everything works? YUM I love crockpot roast beef. It just melts in your mouth.

Patty...Dang girl, you have got the creeping crud from h*ll. The docs need to get you figured out and healthy again.

My brother's band absolutely ROCKED Saturday night. The only thing was it was so dang smokey in there. I had a headache all day yesterday from it. We had so much fun.

Yesterday I p8ulled the oven out to clean under/behind it and realized the previous owner when painting, did not paint the wall behind the stove. So I cleaned and painted that yesterday. That is about all I accomplished. Just kind of vegged out all day.

Also fought a cold from last Wednesday thru today. It is so much better today. I went home Friday night, took drugs, ran my blankie through the dryer, wrapped up in it, layed down on the heating pad on my bed and fell asleep at 7:30. Stay in bed till the next morning. Voice is a bit horse, but I think that is from the smokey bar Saturday night. All is good, and on the way to recovery. :^)

Not much else going on here in Indiana. Most businesses are closed, except ours, for MLK day. I am glad to come to work, I will say that for sure.

HELLO TO EVERYONE..

Love and Hugs
Old 01-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #165  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie175 View Post

I, too, get the itchy scalp after EVERY hair color. I forget that is what causes it every month, and then my brain gets to moving and I think, OMG I have lice. Oh no, it is just the hair coloring causing it. Talk about CRS. Shuweeee.
Oh Annie - you're a riot

I think it's not only the smoky bar but also talking louder over the music that gets the throat a bit hoarse. Glad you had a good time.

Think the world will stop between 8:30 and 11 CST tomorrow? They are broadcasting the innauguration swearing in tomorrow on the TVs at work. I'm sure the break rooms will be filled with people watching.

I think they should have declared a holiday - listen to me, I'm already off today. But I'm serious. I think it's going to be one of those days where not much gets done. At least thank heavens, it's for a joyous occasion this time around and not a crisis or a tragedy.

As you can see, an hour after I should have signed off I am still on the computer. But actually I was trolling Zappos looking for some shoes.
Closed Thread