Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 AM   #91  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I got and and read post yesterday but didn't post myself. I found myself busy yesterday. Well the mid-cycle gain is working it's way out. I only got as high as 199.8, never got over 200. YEAH!!! I'm happy for that. I gained 3.5 pounds in 4 days, all water retention. If I could figure out why my body does this during ovulation time and wish I knew how to combat it. There doesn't weem to be anything I can do about it.

Well today I am back down to 198.8, so down a pound out of the 3 gained. Now I just need to get back to where I was before TOM will strike. Funny how I don't gain much during TOM, but gain so much 2 weeks prior. Wierd!!!

Kelly- I am so happy to hear that you have broken the plateau. Keep it vigilant this weekend so you can move forward. Get ready for some good cardio on Monday. Or do we have stupid staff meeting? If we do, maybe it will be short. Speaking of Jillian, I did her kickboxing DVD yesterday and 20 min. of Latin dance DVD. I think I got a little better at it.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

Red face

I was going to wait til January to start my weight loss but I looked in the mirror in November and I was winded from putting my pantyhose on for work. So I joined a weight clinic and the week of Thanksgiving I started my 'healthy eating'. I was down 17 pounds but about 3 weeks ago I hit something and I have put 3 pounds back on. I am trying to do a few small changes to help me again. So I read a post on facebook and someone mentioned this site and so far I really like it.

junebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #93  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Mindy & Kelly - you guys are doing great!

Susie - where are you this week-end?

I just got back from an 8 mile run with my girlfriends. My hands and face are freezing. It was a little frustrating because there were lots of starts and stops, but it was good to have company while I ran.

Yesterday I did a spin class, 1 hour on the stair mill and 20 min of Wii Fit (step). Eating is on plan, 6 days without a binge so far.

See you tomorrow.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hi everyone. I have been doing well today. I stayed at 185.5 this morning, but I fully expect that to go up. I hope it doesn't, but I know it is not realistic. I tried to make it all the way through the weekend without going out to eat, but we had company this weekend, and I knew we would end up going out to eat at least once. I vowed to eat only salad if we went out to eat, and I sort of made it. Last night we ordered pizza, salad, and breadsticks. I am happy to report I only ate salad. That pizza was calling my name, but I resisted temptation. Tonight, however, we went out for dinner, and I couldn't bring myself to eat another salad as a meal. I just don't enjoy salad that much. So, I ordered grilled pot roast (without gravy), and it had mushrooms and onions on top. I also ordered carrots and a small salad. I think it was ok, since I had just been to the grocery store and looking at all the frozen meals with pot roast in them, they seemed to be low calories. I tried to stick to vegetables and not all the other good stuff like buttermilk biscuits, mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese which are my favorites. Although, I must confess, I had a few bites of my daughter's mac & cheese. So, I am now off to exercise some of that off, and keep my fingers crossed that I will continue to see 185.5 tomorrow.

Wardhog--Wow! I am impressed with the 8 mile run. I don't even think I have any girlfriends who could run 8 miles with me! (I couldn't run 8 miles )

Mindy--I know how busy feels. Hope you are staying on plan (which I know you are.) I hope you are eating enough. I know you forget to eat when you're busy. I am sooooo happy to hear mid-gain is gone and you never saw 200!! Yes, we have staff meeting tomorrow, so if it is long winded we'll have to work at home!

Junebaby--Welcome! I look forward to more posts!

Susie and Nichola--Hope you are staying on plan and having a wonderful weekend!

See you all tomorrow!
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #95  

Hello! I really had the best intentions of posting over the weekend but it was another whirlwind weekend with too many other committments. I have made a vow I will not let that happen again..it's been like that the past two weekends--both day's jammed packed.

When I'm overwhelmed I tend to get off track..which I did a little this weekend. I didn't do to badly...I just didn't keep up my food journal and feeling journal and I missed a workout. I'm back on track and caught up this morning and I have a lunch time workout planned today.

Ward: I too am impressed with the 8 miles and I understand the need to celebrate the no binging...I'm a binger too and I'm trying to learn how not to be or at least overcome it. You can always reach out to me here if you feel you are in the cycle.

Mindy: I'm so glad that you didn't go over 200...I think that you are making headway with your weight and the cycle that your body takes you through.

Kelly: You are so close to that 50 lb loss..I just KNOW you can do it. I think what you did with the Pot roast should earn you a gold medal....good thinking. Having just a salad isn't always a good idea. Thanks for the reminder to eat something before the concert...they always have such tempting things at that sort of venue.

Nichola: How are you doing?
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #96  

I DID IT! I DID IT! I finally hit my 50 pound mark!! I was down to 184.5 today. That is a grand total of 50.5 pounds! I am so excited! Isn't it sad that I want to celebrate with food? But, I won't!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #97  
mtiger

Wink

Kelly- YEAH!!! You have done it. I need to try and catch up with you. I worked out hard tonight. 55 min. of BL Bootcamp. Yowser!! I hope I go down tomorrow.

Susie- It is hard to stay on track when busy. I on the other hand, did nothing but hang around the house like a slug all weekend. I did shovel some driveway, vaccuum and grocery shop, but that wa it.

Ward- Good job running. I miss it, but there is no place for me to run right now.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #98  

WAY TO GO Kelly!!!
I'm sure that you did not celebrate with food!

Mindy: A 55 min workout is a great thing. I just keep thinking back to when you didn't want to workout..and now it's such a part of you.

Ward: I'm still thinking about your 8 mile run. Yesterday on my lunch workout I did 1 mile on the eliptical (10 min) and 6 miles on the bike; I was trying to get to your 8 miles! How are you doing? No binges?

I am at work today despite a 5 inch snowfall. I hear we are going to have ice later so I'm planning on leaving early if that starts.

I'm thinking I won't get to work out today. I need to get a couple of videos for home for when days like this happen.

I'll still stay on plan with my food journal and my feeling journal.

I better get busy so I can leave early.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #99  
mtiger

Wink

Kelly and I did BL Yoga tonight. Then I went for a 15 min. run. I walked a couple of laps. My scale has held at 198.8 for 3 days in a row now. Come on!!!

Susie- Good for you working out at lunch. You are sure motivated and doing well. Keep it up.

Kelly- What's up for tomorrow??
Ward- what did you do today??
Old 01-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #100  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

I know I am neglecting you guys, it's just that I have recently become addicted to Facebook and I spend all my computer time there. Sorry!

Susie, did you get that bad weather? I hope you found a way to stay active at home.

Mindy, I am glad your scale stayed under 200. A couple more pounds are about to fall off, I just know it.

Kelly - I am so happy for you! How about some updated photos of your 50 pound loss?

As for me, I am plugging along. I work out like a fiend every day and I've stayed on my eating plan the last nine days. Still no loss. Maybe I will just decide to accept myself as I am. I am a healthy weight according to the charts and I am feeling very fit. Who cares what the scale says?

Also, I am toying with the idea of signing up for a triathlon. The one I'm looking at is at the end of June, so training for that would certainly keep my fitness level up for the next few months. I am still thinking about it but I'll let you guys know what I decide.

I'll see you tomorrow!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #101  

Ward--I have been thinking lately that Mindy and I need to take some more pictures. I'll have to see what we can do about that! You should totally do the triathlon. If anyone can do it, you can! You rock!

Mindy--I'm glad you did some running tonight. This is my early night to get out of there, or I would have gone with you. I think Micque is going to bring some P90X tomorrow....legs, I think? That ought to be a blast. Not.

Susie--You are right. Having some videos at home to do is very helpful. Let us know if you need any suggestions. I was telling Mindy the other day that it looks like we have a serious problem if you open my cabinet at work. The top shelf is full of workout DVD's. Then we have weights and mats and resistance bands, and all kinds of stuff stashed all over my classroom. The kids find stuff sometimes and try to play with it. They get in trouble!

Oh, by the way, my excitement over hitting my 50 pound mark was squashed this morning when I went back up 2 pounds . I know it will only be a couple days and I will see it again.

See you all tomorrow!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #102  

Hi Guys,

I needed to get here early today. I'm snowed in and I'm nibbling on everything. I've got to stop...so I came here so I would. Just reading your posts have turned my mind set around. I'll have to do a lot of self-talk to myself today. I'll spend some computer time reading success stories as well.

I watched BL last night. If you haven't seen it I won't say who went home but I was not happy with that choice. I was pleased to see that this person is doing well at home though.

Last night when I was watching BL, and Bob was talking to Jolee (I think it was her) he told her that she was working hard and would be able to bring her partner back but in the end it was all about herself and she needed to remember that. I could relate to that so well. I'm one to help others before myself and so sometimes I can get caught up helping someone else and forget my own goals.

Speaking of goals, I received an email from my trainer at work that said she is ready to meet with me face to face so we can start on my goals. That is going to be so helpful. I have to constantly renew this committment with myself and having someone there to check in with me is going to help as well.

You know I can accomplish so many things and I'm known as a strong person; why can't I be that way when it comes to food and weight-loss? Why do I fall of the wagon? I swear it's like an addiction.

Ward: I think that a triathlon for you sounds like something right up your alley. I have a Facebook page too!

Mindy: I hope those scales move down for you soon.

Kelly: I think you know from Mindy's experience that the scales would do that...and you know they will come back down. Hang in there.

My workout today will involve snow shoveling. We have about 7 inches on the ground and it's still coming down plus there is ice under it. I'm glad I can work from home.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #103  
mtiger

Wink

Kelly and I did P90X with our friend tonight. Kelly had to leave after 30 min. and Micque and I did the whole thing. An hour of legs and back. That was a good workout. I need to do some cardio tomorrow though. I was 197.6. Not quite back to 196.2 yet. Keep it coming.

Kelly- Ready to sweat tomorrow. I know how much you hate that. I LOVE IT!!!

Susie- Working with a trainer must be awesome. It will be so good for you. You are working hard, keep it up. We got snow today. The drive to work this morning was fun. We probably got 3 or 4 inches.

Ward- You may be right in becoming comfortable with the weight you're at. You work so hard that if your body wanted to let go of some more, I think it would. It will probably happen when you aren't even trying and least expect it. The triathalon sounds right up your alley.

Last edited by mtiger; 01-28-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #104  
mtiger

Wink

I worked my A** off last night and really thought I would lose today. I didn't. So I worked hard again tonight and still hoping to lose tomorrow. It is weigh- in so that would be nice. Come on.

Susie- Good luck with your weigh-in tonight. I bet you lose again.

Kelly- Good luck tomorrow. I know you will show a loss.

Ward- How's it going?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #105  

Hey everyone--Short today. Gotta go upstairs and watch Supernatural. Workouts were good yesterday and today. Eating is on plan. I was down to 184.5 the other day, popped up to 186.5, and have been down to 185 the last two days. I am hoping to see 184 tomorrow, that will give me a 2 pound loss for the week. If not, that 185 better hang on tight!