Old 01-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #61  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Ward- P90X is sold on an infommercial and probably online. Not sure. But it is a series of workout DVD's and a plan as to how you should work through them based on your goals. There are several different types of workouts. Cardio, with strength moves, yoga, kenbo, basically something for every part of your body. We have only done 2 with her. They are a good workout.

Susie- I know you are going to TOPS tonight and weighing in. You have been working hard. I just know you are going to see a loss. My official weigh-in is tomorrow. I will be down, I hope alot.

Kelly- We have done great this week. Gotta keep it up. We should both have good losses.

Tonight we did WATP for 45 min. Not as tough as the P90X, but still pretty good cardio. Tomorrow we will throw in some strength. I was 197.2 today. Still creeping down. Just hope it keeps moving in that direction.

We are supposed to weigh-in tomorrow at school for the begining of our BL competition. If we don't have school, it will have to wait until next week. It is frigid here. I'm sure it is in Ohio too.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #62  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Mindy, you are shrinking day by day! Those workouts sound interesting.

Susie, how was the weigh-in?

Kelly, Nichola - I hope you guys are doing well, too.

I had another kick-butt cardio workout today and my eating was on plan (day 18)! Tomorrow I weigh in, but I'm not too hopeful. I'm not sure what's going on; I guess I will keep at it. What choice do I have?

See you tomorrow.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hi Everyone!

I am well today. Yesterday I went up a pound, but today it was back off. Mindy told me I was probably retaining water to repair the muscles I have been using on those P90X workouts. It looks like she's right! I have been on plan with eating and with workouts. I have done 3- 45 minute days of exercise in a row, and that is very abnormal for me. I must be getting stronger, because by the third day, I didn't feel like I was going to die by the end. I am glad to hear everyone is working hard and on plan. Susie--how was your TOPS weigh in? We will not start our BL competition at work today because we have a snow day, which is really a cold air day. The wind chill is -27 today, so it is too cold for kids to walk to school and wait for the bus. So, our BL competition will begin next Friday instead. Oh well. Have a great Friday, everyone!
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #64  

Hi Ladies,

Happy Friday to you all. I'm having a great day at work. Most of my department is out and I'm getting so much done...it's amazing how much of my work doesn't get done daily because I'm helping my group with their work! It's ok though, I work with great people. I just hate to have things pile up..makes me anxious and when I get anxious I binge. I felt that tug to do some this morning. I wanted some peanut M&M's badly. But I just dug into the work and reached where I wanted to be on my work goal by lunch and low and behold...that craving was gone.

Now...drumm roll pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I lost 3.25 lbs at my weigh-in last night! Yeah!!!! It has set me up to want to do it again. I hope I don't have a disappointment like that one girl did on the Biggest Loser...she worked so hard and only lost 1 lb! I couldn't believe it when I saw that. I mean...she puked from exercise....I would expect more of a loss...I bet this week she shows a big loss.

Ward: I hope you get the numbers on the scale that you want today. I am with you, I was excited when I saw how well Jerry has done on the BL.

Mindy: I'm here in Ohio freezing with you guys. It was 4 below zero here this morning! I see those scales creeping down for you...keep going Mindy!!

Kelly: Glad to see the scales going down for you and I think Mindy was right about the water retention after the muscle workout. To get through that be sure to drink a little more water than usual when you do a muscle workout.

Nicola: I hope you are on plan and doing ok.

Ok..back to work for me. I'll be around this weekend. See ya!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #65  
mtiger

Wink

Well today is my weigh-in day and it's not as good as I hoped. I think it is my day to do the water retention thing. I was up about 1.5. For the week though overall, I weighed 198.8, down 2.8 pounds. I hope I lose some of that back tomorrow.

Susie- YEAH!!! See you are doing the right stuff and reaping the benefits. Keep it up.

Kelly- I am glad to hear it came back off. Now don't skimp on those workouts today and tomorrow. Gotta make time for yourself, somehow.

Ward- I'm thinking your body likes it's current weight. You are so close to your goal that it is just getting difficult. You just stick with it because I know how great you feel, and look.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #66  

I can't believe it. Here I am posting twice in the same day. Usually when I am at home for the day I never get around to working out, but guess what? Today, it is done! I did BL Yoga, and it definitely was easier than last time. I feel really good, though, my arms are still tingly and warm!

Mindy--I am so glad to see a loss for you. FINALLY! We have got to keep it up and keep working hard. Cardio tomorrow? Make sure you do strength today. I think the combination is working well!

Susie-- You have been working so hard! Congrats on the loss, and on staying away from those evil M&M's.

Ward--I know you are on plan. How did your weigh in go today?

Nichola--How are things going for you?
Old 01-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #67  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone!

I've had a really busy couple of days getting my son sorted out to fly back to the UK to university. We had to be up at 4.30am this morning to take him to the airport and I can hardly keep my eyes open now Things have not been good at home for a couple of days either ... son lost his brand new iPhone on Wednesday night, which we had bought him for Christmas!! Hubby is mad! ... that is an understatement!! Thankfully, after many arguments and lots of upset, we are all ok now, although it was rather upsetting this morning when he left ... probably worse because of all the emotions over the last few days!

Daughter has been out all night doing a 24 hour sponsored walk with a team of students from school. They will be going on a month-long expedition to Madagascar in June and are raising funds for the underpriviledged people there. They will be doing community work in schools, orphanages and villages. A lot of hard work, but I'm sure it will be a worthwhile, once in a lifetime experience for them all. We visited them on the walk twice last night, at around 7.30pm and again at around 11.30pm, to show our support ... not suprising that I'm so exhausted today!! I have to go and collect her at 5pm when the walk is finished, then I think we'll all have an early night!!

Onto the weight-loss issue ... no loss on Friday I'm afraid So, it' back to writing everything down ... let's hope that will help me to have a loss next week!

Well done to all you losers this week! Hope I can join you next week

Just as a matter of interest, what sort of plans are you all following ... WW, calories counting, etc.?

Have a great weekend everyone!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #68  

Nichola--Mindy and I are counting calories. We use calorie-count.com quite a bit to look up food items and calculate how many calories we should eat, and then set a limit. Mine is between 1400-1500 a day. I think Mindy's is about the same. Usually if I don't work out, then I try to stick to 1400 that day. If I do work out, I go up to 1500. So far it seems to be working pretty well.

Last night I had pizza with my husband's family. I had a salad first, then a couple slices. I went up on the scale today, though. Back up to to 188 from 187. Although it is only a pound, it is irritating. I need to get past 187. I haven't been below that yet. Come on!!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #69  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Yay! Everyone is doing so well! Congratulations on the losses!

Nichola, I am counting calories, too. I use my bodybugg to tell me what I'm burning, and I journal my food at the same site.

Well, I worked my a$$ off last week and only lost 0.2. So I was disappointed and binged. What an idiot. Anywho, I am back on plan today. I had a great workout this morning and I am moving on.

See you tomorrow!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #70  
mtiger

Wink

Well I am happy to report being back down today. Here's a coincidence. I had pizza 2 nights ago and went up 1.5 yesterday. Ate better yesterday and went down. Kelly had pizza yesterday and went up today. HMM??? No more pizza for us. I was back to 197.2 today. I want to see 196ish desperately.

Nichola- Kelly was correct. I count and log calories. I had gotten lax on measuring and recording every single thing. I have gotten back to that and started losing again.

Ward- Just curious. What does a binge entail? You don't have to tell me if you don't want. That has never been one of my problems, so I was just wondering. A few hundred extra calories or you eat everything in sight?

Kelly- Did BL Bootcamp last night 25 min. Then WATP for 30. Yeah, that was alot for me. Probably why I went back down today. Cardio today, remember!!
You will probably go right back down tomorrow. I don't think pizza is evil, but I do think it is packed with sodium and that is probably why we gained.

Susie- Stick to your guns this weekend. You have been doing great. I know weekends can be tough. Kelly and I both have a 4 day weekend. We';; have to be vigilant.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #71  

Hi Everyone,

My day was pretty busy yesterday. I got up at 8:30 and was at a dead run all day. We went to Dayton, OH--about 40 min from where I live for 2 birthday parties, one in the early afternoon and one in the evening. In between we went to a movie.

I did pretty good with my food. Not as good as I do most of the time but ok for not being at home with my own food. One party was at Chuck E Cheese, and they have a salad bar so I had salad. The other was at Olive Garden. I ordered Fettucine...but only at half the order--I'll have the other half for lunch tomorrow and then I had salad and 2 bread sticks. I really only wanted to eat 1 bread stick but I *sigh* I had two.

I've been keeping my feeling journal and my food journal everyday and I know it's helping me to stay on track. I'll get back to my workouts today. I plan on going to the Y for a 30 min walk and then 15 min on the elliptical. I'm starting back slowly with that. It can flare up my IC--the bouncing does it. I've been feeling pretty good with the IC the past week--I'm not having acidic foods--that's why I didn't have something with red sauce at the Olive Garden.

Ward: Ok..so you binged and it was because of the disappointment at the scales. It is hard to work as hard as you do and see those scales move so little but you know it's because you are so close to your goal. Muscle through it! and good for you for moving on after the binge and getting back on track.

Mindy: I think you are right about the pizza having a lot of sodium and therefore the temporary gain you and Kelly saw was from that. I know you get frustrated when you see those scales going up and down but hang in there. Maybe you should make a goal to get to 196 and then work on holding it there for a couple of weeks and keep inching down like that. Your body is tring to do a set weight but you can change that.

Kelly: You are doing so well with your workouts, and posting here. You are going to see results soon. I think you know what your next goal is..to get under 187 and stay under it.

Nichola: It sure sounds like you had a lot going on with your family. I am keeping a feeling journal--so that I write instead of binge, and a food journal and I count calories. My range is 1500-1600. I am at the upper part of it right now. I am one that I have to write the calories down right as I eat them so I have a book calorie counter that I carry with me.

Ok..I need to go get ready for church. I'l see you all tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #72  
mtiger

Wink

Even though the weekends are harder for me, I have done well. Eating is on track and I've kept up with my workouts. I only did 20 min. of Jillian's Shred last night, but it was level 2. Got me sweating. I went down a little more today, 196.6. YEAH!!! I saw that about a month ago after I had food poisioning. I think this is the real deal though. I will really feel success when I get under 195 and never see 200 again.

Susie- It is hard to eat on the go all day. I just realized yesterday that since Jan.1, I have only eaten out once. That was a Whopper Jr. one night. I've had Subway, but that's not the same. Keep logging and journaling, you are doing this.

Everybody else- Hope you are doing well this weekend. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #73  

Hi everyone. I feel like I have had a rough weekend. I started off ok, going up that pizza pound from Friday, but then I proceeded to be busy and out all weekend, hence more eating out. It is depressing. Lunch Saturday at McD's (yuck), then dinner at a local mexican restaurant Saturday night. Went to a movie with my hubby, and ate nothing (Yay!), but then went to my grandmother's house today. She kept asking me if I wanted one of her homemade brownies over and over again, and I avoided them altogether. I had a couple cookies instead. Then came home and proceeded to have pizza for dinner (yes, again). But, tomorrow is a new day, and I am proud of myself for working out 6 out of 7 days last week. Monday through Saturday. I am giving myself today off. Back on it tomorrow. I am not giving up! I want under 187, and keeping at it is the only way I am going to get there.

Mindy--YEAH! I am so excited to see the 196's for you! Now let's hit 195! I am up for 45 minute workouts this week. We just have to start a bit earlier. We ARE going to do this!

Susie-- Good for you making smart food choices while out and about. I hear ya on the breadsticks at Olive Garden. They just lay there in the basket calling your name, don't they ?

Wardhog--Glad to see you back on plan. It is so hard to see that scale stuck. I get disappointed and binge as well, therefore ruining all the hard work I did through the week. But, as long as it is not a life long binge and you get back on track quickly, you can work through it. Keep your head up!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #74  
mtiger

Wink

Kelly- Like I have said before, weekends are hard. We get totally off track and life gets in our way. I, unlike you, have done nothing this weekend. I think Friday and Sunday I didn't even leave the house. I have stuck to my calories and worked out everyday. I have been cooking also, trying out new recipes. I am down to 196.2 today, almost ready to see the 195's. I figure I have a few good days before mid-cycle gain time. I hope it won't be too bad.

We will get to it on Tuesday. I also want to do some P90X again, if that works out. 45 min. seems to working well. I need to stick to it.

Susie and Ward- Keep up the good work. You know it will pay off.

Last edited by mtiger; 01-19-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #75  

Hi,

I'm sitting in my house watching it snow. It's not a lot but I sure am tired of winter already.

I have been piddling around the house. I got a closet straightened up and also my home office. I tackled the filing cabinet and cleaned out some old papers. I've been reading a book too. I thought I would go to the Y for a workout but I just don't feel like getting dressed to go out and so I'm giving myself permission to not do it today. I did go yesterday and felt better for it.

I'm seeing some sweets creep into my food log each day. I've got to cut that back and get to my fruit instead of a cookie.

I think I'm a little down today because I was talking to a friend last night who had the lap band surgery in October and she was telling me that she has lost 55 lbs. I guess I'm a little (ok..a lot) jealous. I just am tired of being the "fat girl". I know I'm the only one who can change it. Just feeling a little "why me" down today.

Mindy: I'm glad to see that scale below 196.

Kelly: You will be back into your routine tomorrow so don't give up. You are doing so well.

Ward: Were the kids home from school today? How are you doing?

Nichola: Have you been writing in your food journal?

I'll see everyone tomorrow.