Old 02-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #151  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hey there. Good evening. I am posting really quickly here because I am busy tonight. But I had to yell about my good news. At school weigh-in I was down 3 pounds and won for the week. Yay me. At home I had lost 3.8. I was 194.6 this morning. Did you hear that??? I am thrilled.

Now the downside is, I have beat the crap out of my body this week and everything hurts. I think I pulled something in my back because that really hurts. I am taking today off from working out for that reason. Plus my DD is doing her "Vagina Monologues" tonight, so I have to leave in a little bit.

Susie- We all have good weeks and not so good weeks. I'm sure next week will be better. Keep doing what you're doing.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #152  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys! Mindy, that is awesome! Congratulations on the win!

Kelly, how did you do?

Susie, I am glad your weigh-in resulted in increased determination. Just keep going and the scales will go down.

I ran about 3 mi today, then did Group Power and 15 min on the elliptical. Eating has been on plan, but I am off schedule because of the birthday party from 4 - 6. I just ate dinner so I hope the hunger settles down soon.

I had a nice compliment today. I was talking to the other moms about exercise. One said to me, "I didn't know you were a runner, but I guess I should have since you're always so thin." What, me? Always thin? It's funny how other people's perceptions don't match up to our own.

All right - see you tomorrow. If you're not here, Happy Valentine's Day!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hey gals!

I was only down half a pound today at our weigh in. But, I am happy with that since I was only able to work out on Monday and Wednesday. I kept my food good for the week, so I am glad something showed. At the valentine party today, I had the smallest scoop of ice cream imaginable, with a miniscule squirt of chocolate and teensy weensy quirt of whipped cream. I counted every calorie, though, and wrote it down. Tonight I had Subway for dinner while shopping at the mall for Valentine stuff. With all that, I still didn't go over my goal of 1400 calories for the day. I am getting ready to work out here. I think I am going to do WATP and BL Yoga tonight. I really need to get my Jillian game out for the Wii and get into it. That was one of the only things I wanted for Christmas, and I have hardly looked at it.

Mindy--- I knew you could do it!! I am so proud of you! Let me know what color shirt you get with your winnings. We can't get the same color. (I'm going to hint to my hubby that I would like one for Valentines day...)

Ward--Are you kidding! You look super skinny in all the pictures you have ever shared with us. I am not surprised someone made that comment.

Susie--Hey, staying the same is nothing to worry about. I remember last year being in tears the weeks I stayed the same or only lost 1 pound. We have such high expectations for ourselves, and some disappointment is always going to be part of this journey. But, I can say, at least the scales are heading in the right direction! You are definitely losing overall, and that is what counts! In no time, you will have reached that first goal, and you'll think to yourself, "That wasn't so hard, I can do that again!" I am glad you are more determined than ever!

Have a Happy Valentine's Day if I don't see you tomorrow!
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #154  

Happy Valentines Day my friends! I hope that none of you got sweets--I told my hubby I didn't want any and he listened. He got me a gift certificate for a pedicure instead...that's perfect!

I had a good workout yesterday on my lunch hour. I did the eliptical and chose program 7, it was an interval program. I would stay for 2 min with the cross ramp at 4 and then it would move to 10, then back to 4. It was a 30 min workout and it made me feel so much better about those scales staying the same last week.

In Ohio we are enjoying such nice warmer weather...it makes me think of spring and summer and how I want to be thinner for my favorite times of the year.

As you all know the weekends can be hard for me because I"m such a routine person and when I'm out of it, I get off track easily. I will not let that happen today. Sunday's are better for me with the routine so I don't have to be so much on guard but on Saturday's I do. So, I told myself that today, even though I'm not at my goal, I'm going to act like I am. I'm going to eat in moderation, I will move my body, I will stand up straight, I will hold my stomach in--it's used to that because of all the ab work I did to get to goal. You know what they say, "Fake it until you make it".

I did have a run in with some popcorn last night and a glass of Sprite. I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed and worried--some people from my hubby's workplace were laid off and I'm afraid the same thing will happen to him eventually. Even though I know that eating is not going to make it any better I just felt like I needed to relax and I couldn't think of another way. So I tried to keep it a small comfort with food, but I would like to get over that....anyone have suggestions for it?

Ward: I was showing my husband your picture and he said, WOW when he saw you...he said you look in shape...I told him how much you exercise.
I know you have little ones and they most likely got candy for Valentines Day...keep your guard up and don't even have 1 piece. I know you have binging tendacies like I do and I know for me 1 piece can do me in. BE !
STRONG.

Mindy: What a great weight loss you showed! I could hear you shouting from here! lol Keep it up...you are doing so well.

Kelly: I love how you count in the special treats and keep in your calorie range. It's something I'm working on doing to. You have showed me that I can still have them, but I have to treat them as a part of what I'm eating and to remember that they are special treats and to include them as such.
I'm happy you showed a loss at your weigh-in.

Ok...time to clean the house. Hubby and I are going to a late matinee movie later and then to our local Mexican resturant for dinner. I've decided already what I'm having so I know how many calories are going into my body and I've planned for them.

I'll see you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #155  

Yee Ha! I have finally gone over the hump and have a new low number! Today I was 182.5! My valentine's goal was 180, and while I didn't make it, I am happy to be pretty darn close. I am trying very hard to be vigilant this weekend and not eat over my calorie limit, I don't want this losing to stop now! Of course, my husband wants to get pizza tonight for V-day, since restaurants will be busy. Of course, he wants to order from my favorite place. I will just have to make sure I only eat a little, and not allow myself to go crazy.

Susie--Sorry to hear about the stressful times at your husband's work. I myself struggle with emotional eating. I just try to have snacks (usually sweets, for me) on hand that cure my craving for sugar, and are low in calorie. For me, it is not realistic to think that I am going to overcome the emotional urge to eat, so I am always prepared. I even try to leave about 100 calories (or maybe a little more) at the end of the day for a snack in the evening, because I know I will want a snack. Lately I have been loving the 100 calorie packs of Orville Redenbacher Kettle Corn, or the little individual Weight Watchers ice cream cups that are 130 calories, or Sugar Free Jello Pudding cups which are 60 calories, with a dollop of Light Cool Whip for 20 calories. I found some orange creme popsicles at Sam's Club, some swirl things, and those are really tasty and only 10 cal.

Mindy and Ward--Hope your day is going well!

Hasta la vista!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #156  
mtiger

Wink

It has been a busy weekend so far. Last night was my DD show. It was really good. Her monologue was hysterical. I had tears running down my face. She goes to a vagina workshop to get in touch with her vagina. She lays on the floor, legs spread, and a hand mirror to get to know herself. Funny, funny.

I pulled something in my back Thurs. working out. No workout last night. Tonight I did 1 mile WATP and then 30 min. of Jillian's kickboxing. I did it at a much lower intensity. I hope it is feeling better soon, so I can get back to regular workouts. My neice got married today. It is reaaly sort of a farse. I have heard they are already fighting and arguing tonight. Sad!!

My scale was down a touch today, 194.4. I'll take it since i didn't workout yesterday. I had one sugar cookie, but counted it in my number. Didn't get much water in either. Have to do better with that today. I better go get some right now.

Susie- I am wishing the best for your husband. Times are certainly tough. One of my exes friends was just laid off from a job he has held for 30 years. My son can't find a job. I wish you the best.

Kelly- Yay for you!!! It is nice to finally break through to a new weight. I know you are feeling great. Hold off that pizza. He loves to do that, doesn't he?? I ate at the wedding. Ham sandwich, 3 meatballs, tad of bean casserole, scalloped potatoes and 1 mini cupcake. I think I'll have popcorn tonight and call it good.

See ya all tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #157  

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a "on plan" Sunday. I'm doing ok, but I did have some leftover pizza for lunch. We haven't been to the grocery and so that was what I had. It was cheese and mushroom and I had 4 squares. I'm just not that happy with my choice because it wasn't all the healthy. I"ll make up for it tonight.

I'm planning on going to the Y here in about an hour for a hour workout.

I did really well at the movies last night. We had a late breakfast-didn't eat until 11:00 so I knew I wouldn't be hungry until about 4:30, which was when we went to the movie. We planned to go out afterwards. So, I took an apple and a piece of cheese. My hubby said "I can't believe you aren't having popcorn". I just smiled at him. It felt great to be that in control.

Mindy: Your numbers on the scales look good. I hope your back is feeling better.

Kelly: YEAH! That number looks very good on you.

Ward: How are things with you this weekend.

I want to thank you all about the kind words concerning my husbands employment. I am a very spirtual person so I'm trying my best to pray about it and leave it in Gods hands. Right now, he does have a job and that's more than some have.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #158  
mtiger

Wink

Okay I have to come and tell you guys about one of the most awkward compliments I've received so far. I was out shopping today with my ex-hubbie. You know our weird situation. This attractive bi-racial man (with 2 young children) walked past, smiled and said hello. I said hello back. A few minutes later he came up and asked me if I used to work for the Dept. of Ed. I laughed and said no, but it was funny because I am a teacher. A few minutes later he comes up to me again and says," I know that was kind of weird but I think you're attractive and wanted to meet you". I just said , OH. He asked me if I was married and I told him no but I was with someone. He politely said Oh, Okay but I did want you to know I think you are attractive. I just said well thank you. He said have a nice day and left.

I felt so strange. I haven't had someone hit on me since I was in my 20's. I didn't know how to react. I was thrown for a loop. I just ried to avoid hin the rest of the time we were in the store. My family got a real kick out of it.

So today I am the same as yesterday, but I know it is mid-cycle time. I am hoping I don't gain very much this time. PLEASE!!!!????

Susie- Pizza gets me every time. I will not deny myself the pleasure, but try to keep the frequency down. hope you have a great workout tonight. I am making spagetti pie for dinner then I will work out. My back is feeling a little better, but certainly not 100%.

See ya tom.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #159  
mtiger

Wink

I tried this once and it didn't work. Here goes again. I managed to lose a little more today. I was 194. I will take it as long as it keeps coming off. It is definitely mid-cycle gain time, but I haven't seen it yet. It could sneek up at any time time, so I am prepared. I am hoping it doesn't though.

I hope you are all doing weel. I hope to hear from you tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #160  

Hi all. I was up a half pound today to 183. It seemed like a very busy week last week with a lot of eating out on the go. Hope this week is back to normal routine. Worked out for about 50 minutes today. I did 25 minutes of WATP and 25 minutes of BL Power Sculpt. I bought some new clothing items today. I bought a spring jacket (size L ), a new pair of black work pants (size 14 ) , a new workout shirt with matching pants (size L again). I realized today that even though it feels like I haven't lost much weight lately, I have actually lost 17 pounds since school started in September, 7 pounds since January 1st. I guess that's not too bad. I'll take it!

Mindy--Good for you for turning some heads! Maybe S will realize what he has and stop being a stinker! Keep up the good work and hopefully those scales continue to go down despite the mid-cycle.

Hope everyone is on plan and doing well.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #161  

Hi Ladies,

I was off work today; had a pretty good day. I got a workout in--30 min on the eliptical doing an interval program on the machine. I then went and did some weight training.

Tomorrow night is my body pump class--that class kicks my butt!

Mindy: How exciting to get that compliment.

Kelly: Size L? I can't wait for that day!

Ward: I know you hit the gym early today...how did the rest of the day go?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #162  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Hey guys. I am just checking in quickly. I am in a slump and I can't seem to pull out of it. I saw a number on the scale today that was just horrifying. Workouts are good, but eating is out of control. This is how I gained back 35 pounds - up and down - is this how my life will always be?

I am glad to see everyone else doing so well!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #163  
mtiger

Wink

Kelly- Cute workout clothes. I am going to get mine tomorrow. 7 pounds since Jan. is really good. No complaints.

Ward- You are good at catching yourself when you start to slip-up. You do a good job of getting back on track. That is my plan. 5pounds either way and then it's time to take action.

Susie- Good job working out. You are getting to be quite the regular.

I just did kickboxing and am trying to get posting done before BL. I was 193.8 today, by the way.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #164  

Hi everyone! I was still up to 183 today. It has been a busy, busy day. I was called for jury duty this week, so I have to call every day after 5:00 to see if I have to report the next day, and so far I have been lucky and haven't had to go. But, I have to stick around work until at least 5:00 to see if I need to leave plans for a substitute the next day, so I have had to deal with crazy scheduling to get my kids picked up. Anywho, Mindy had to leave early today, so I worked out with our friend Micque. We did some P90X cardio. Boy, that stuff is a butt kicker. Especially when he saves this "Superman, Banana" move until the end which is very difficult at that point in the routine. But, I am feeling great, and on plan, so I am hoping maybe another pound will shed itself soon. By Friday would be terrific!

Mindy--Sorry I bought the same workout clothes you were looking at. I thought for sure you would go for the blue. You are always such a blue girl.

Ward--You can do it. You know how to get back on track, and those pounds WILL come back off.

Susie--You keep workin it girl! You are doing great!

Off to watch my recorded BL and American Idol! See ya tomorrow!
Old 02-18-2009, 06:35 AM   #165  

Ladies,

I wasn't able to post yesterday due to some sort of stomach virus. I'm feeling a bit better this morning, but I'm staying home from work so I can be sure that I'm over it. I drive over 40 miles to work one way..that's to far away from home when dealing with something GI.

Needless to say I didn't work out yesterday but then again, I didn't have much to eat and what I did eat...well...let's just say it didn't hang around long.

Mindy and Kelly: New workout clothes? How fun!

Kelly: I watched the Biggest Loser last night to. It's so inspiring.

Ward: You will get back on top of your game soon. I'm like you...I'm good with the workouts...but the food is always a challenge for me. How about some more protein so that you feel fuller? Hang in there...we are here to help you through this.

I'm going back to bed. I got up so that I could email work that I'm staying home and turn on my out of office assistant.

I'll check in later.