Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking Wednesday ~ Humpday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is chilly outside and the breeze sure has a nip to it. I am just back from getting my hair cut and boy did it need it. My gal ~ Tatum ~ has magic fingers because I always come out of that place looking so much better than when I went in. I am building her a glass house as a gerprize. Will dropped me off here at home afterwards because I didn't want to sit in that Wal-Mart parking lot in this cold weather. He is getting some of the things we will need for the party tonight. OH our new freezer was delivered yesterday and those guys were so neat ~ they had plugged it in and got it cold so we could transfer our things into it right after deivery. It has two doors ~ the main one on top and the smaller one at the bottom holds big bins, one for ice for it has an ice maker built in. We won't hook it up because we have one in the fridge that works great. There is lots of space to put my moose in that bottom bin. I am going to make a huge order for Schwans this next delivery to fill up my new freezer. They have started a new thing that some of "my favorites" can only be bought when I order on line. They can't carry everything on the truck. I always make my order on line now and so I was pleased that I can get some things that they don't carry on he truck. If we aren't going to be home ever than our man will put the stuff in the freezer. They are bonded of course, and we have never had any trouble with drivers that we have given a key to. One of the things about Schwans I love is that you can obtain the all the nutritional information on everything they sell. I can look it up on my computer. Plus the fact they have everything packaged so nicely. No, I'm not on their payroll. I am looking for a kitty for Ragg Mopp. The ones at his groomers ddn't want to play with him yesterday and just wanted to sleep. He loves kittys. He learned to like them when he was a little baby himself. I can just picture him and his kitty curled up together taking a nap. I want a manx though ~ gotta find a manx.

SUSAN I do so hope your thumb gets well soon. That can be such a drag for someone like you that uses it for your quilting. How did you do at WW afterall? I imagine you did show a loss afterall. You are such a trouper.

JEAN We paid off and got rid of all of our credit cards a few years back and just use a debit card. Got tired like you did with their shenanigans (is that a word)? Anyway it is wonderful to be debt free (except for a car payment) especially during these times of our dear country being in a depression. It felt so good to cut up those cards. We are still getting Christmas cards in the mail. I am not so sure but I think the ole' post office is slow this year.

DONNA Our furnace is on. My temperature on my clock says it is 69 in here. We like to keep the house on the cool side. I agree with you there, those weather folks don't have all the correct 411. I always thought that was the nature of knitting. Knit then take out some stitches then knit some more. Been there and done that. When I reach goal I am going to knit myself another fishermans cable sweater in a natural cream type color. Well I could start it now and then have it finished when I reach goal. Donna, those extra points come in handy for those days when you are hungry so don't feel bad about using them because they are there for such moments.

It is coming onto noontime and I haven't eaten anything yet this day and don't feel hungry. I will go now and cut up a naval orange and have it. We will have so many munchies here tonight it is probably good that this isn't a "hungry" day for me. I'll have a good lunch so I don't get too hungry this evening and graze on everything. I do so want to go moose hunting in the north county, paddling a canoe on one of those rivers. Got to keep my FOCUS

ALL OTHER MAGNOLIAS A howdy to you and I do hope this day is going well with you. GAIL Do know that our prayers are with you.

Let's all make it a good year for our program.
Type at ya'll later.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #17  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

A quick note to everyone...it is a good day today. My dad phoned me twice today to share the news that mom is down to taking dialysis for three hours a day instead of being on it 24/7. She was actually able to squeeze his hand in acknowledgement of him which lifted his spirits. And she's breathing easier today. In fact, the doctor said if she continues the progress she's made today she will be out of ICU in two to three days. Thank you all for your prayers.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #18  

I forgot to tell all you gals:

Old 12-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #19  

Good evening, ladies! Cold and so, so windy today! Temperature has fallen more than 20 degrees since noon.

Had my WI today - down .8 so I was happy about that. Strawberries were on sale for $2 and Asparagus was $1.99 so I stopped to pick some up. I stand the asparagus up in a jar with water and it keeps all week. Put the strawberries in a green bag and they'll last 2 weeks.

Faye, shame on Jack for not telling you there are mice for lefthanded people! I was in Boston and came across a shop in Fanquil Hall that sold all this stuff for lefties - mugs, shirts, sissors, etc. I was fascinated that someone could sell enough of that stuff to make a living.

Jean, if you thought the Crab Shack was a funny name for a restaurant, today Glory and I had lupper (late lunch combined with early supper) at the Happy Belly. We both had liver and onions and it was so good. They have a very eccletic menu - Greek, Italian, and good old American. The Crab Shack in on the pier at the James River near the convergence with the Chesapeake Bay. The seafood is fresh from the boats so varies from day to day.

Maggie, I love the Manx...I had one when I was much younger. I know you'll all have a great time at your party tonight.

Gail, I'm so glad your Mom is doing better. I pray she continues to improve.

waving good-bye to 2008
Happy 2009 - may this be a good year for all of us!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #20  

This Thread is closed. Please see Steel Magnolias #1
Closed Thread