Old 12-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #91  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All

So I guess its my turn for the questions, eh?

What is the one thing you want to forget about 2008? Working under my old supervisor *shivers*. I would say DH getting fired, but that turned out to be the very best thing!!! lol.

What is one thing to remember? DH getting his new job at Childrens!!!

Ok can I add to the questions?? I will anyways. lol You can answer or not. lol.

What is the most important thing for you to achieve in 2009? Why?

Who is the one person from 2008 that truly helped you acheive one your major goals? (Besides DH or signicant others)???

What is the most important thing for you to achieve in 2009? For me it is to be the very best me possible, that is physically, emotionally and yes financially as well (that kinda is important) lol. Why? So that I can finally become a Mommy!!! That is my ultimate Goal for 2009!!!!

Who is the one person from 2008 that truly helped you acheive one your major goals? (Besides DH or signicant others)??? Besides you all of course, it has to be my new coworker and new best friend. She has truly helped me acheive what I wanted too (besides the weight but we are gonna work on that one too!!!) I am truly honored to have had the privledge of knowing all of you wonderful folks, you truly are wonderful people and I do love ya! But having someone in "real" life to support you day to day is so important as well, besides my DH! He is of course totally awesome, but I am so so happy to finally have someone besides him and you guys (you all ROCK!) to help me. I think that the more people we have supporting us and being our mini "Cheerleaders" is oh so very important!!!

So here is a little cheer for you all: I wish for you the very best for 2009!!!

Big Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #92  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Well, if I count yesterday's weigh-in as my start to the challenge I am doing okay. I started a journal to keep track of my 45 minute exercise daily. I hurried up and did 15 more minutes awhile ago so I can count today. I am pretty sure I won't get it in on Thurs. so that will be one of my days off. Gonna shoot for 5 days and maybe get 6 if I am feeling good.
Now the challenge of getting my food under control again. Darn candy and cookies.... I told DH everything BAD is gone as of Thursday night, so eat what you want or take it to your shop fridge. It is out of the house. LOL.

Okay, off to try to make travel plans for a Jan. trip to Vegas. Flights have gone up and car rentals are dirt cheap. I need to get us a room and try for a cheaper flight.
Talk to you all tomorrow. Good Luck to those on the Valentine challenge.

What is the most important thing for you to achieve in 2009? Why? To get healthy via weight loss, eating right and getting off my tush. Why? Because I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and am a stroke waiting to happen. I also want to encourage DH because he was just put on blood pressure meds. too. Scary to think of one of us having to go on without the other.

Who is the one person from 2008 that truly helped you achieve one your major goals? (Besides DH or significant others)??? You, my chickies keep me "trying" for goals. It is me not doing enough to reach those goals. This is the year I am going to achieve!!

Last edited by suetalks; 12-30-2008 at 09:44 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:21 PM   #93  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

And I am back again, lol...

Sue...hope you can find a cheap flight! And good about the journal...they say people who journal do better than those who don't. Maybe that's my problem, lol. I journal the exercise and just started with the food when I joined WW so, so far, so good. Is it going to be warm in Vegas? It's been so long since I've been that way I can't even remember what the weather is like in January!

Jules...ouch! Hope you foot feels better soon, hopefully you didn't break anything. I had a problem with earrings with the little ones...but Cambrie is fascinated with my locket when I wear it. I'll have to check out the pics, or are they the ones I saw the other day? Will go look.

Francie...glad you got control back, lol...guys! That is going to be a tough one...remembering it will be 2009...already wrote it on my first few checks to help me along, lol...I know I will forget!

Mindee...lots and lots of pictures...they are great! Looks like all you guys enjoyed Christmas! Hoping all went well with Tommy today.

Well, just thought I would jump back on and take the pics off...don't like leaving a picture up more than a day for some reason...but there's lots on myspace. Getting ready to go to Wal-mart and buy groceries...figured what the heck, may as well do it tonight instead of tomorrow...that way I can sleep in, lol. Bad news though...V's step-mom passed away this morning. The viewing is on Thursday-New Years and the funeral is Friday. Apparently she had been sick off and on since Feb...yes, I said Feb...and no one bothered to tell us. It would have been nice if they had so that we could have seen her before this happened. I will never understand them but that's neither here nor there. Not a great start to the Year eh? I hope this is not a sign of things to come...this is supposed to be a good year...better than the rest! Okay...better get going...dd is waiting on me. She is going with me because V's back is out.

Nighty, night ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:23 AM   #94  
RosieKate

Good morning!
109 carbs yesterday, 173.5 on the scale. We hooked up our Wii fit and it is fun. It runs you through a fitness test and it told me that my BMI was over weight. No big surprise, but it wasn't obese for a change, so that made me happy. It's fun and a great way to exercise indoors, imo. The thing I like the most is that is changes the activities, so I'm not doing the same thing over and over, like I would with a DVD.

I'm not much for resolutions, but I always resolve to continue my efforts toward a healthier life and I have to thank all of you for your support through the years. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't check in here and see what's going on and draw some strength from all of the collective motivation. Even though I've haven't met any of you (besides Susan) IRL, I feel like I'm going to bump into you on the street or something. Love that internet!

Cristina - so sorry to hear about V's step mom and what a shock it had to be. I am continually out of the loop with my own family, so I know how that feels. Not fun. Hope the next week goes smoothly for you and his family and that his back feels better soon. Ouch. PS - enjoyed the pics - you look great..have to go over to ms to see more...

Sassy- I really hope you ( and Francie, too) get the baby this year. Way back in the dark ages, like, when I had endometriosis and we thought we were going to have trouble conceiving DD, I found the infertility boards at ivillage to be very helpful. That's probably old news, but I thought I would mention it anyway. They recommended a book called "Taking charge of your own fertility", and I swear that book did the trick for us. I just know we are going to be having a virtual baby shower soon For you two - not me ....been there done that, tied the tubes, lol!

Jules - hope your foot feels better today. When is D's birthday..it's pretty soon isn't it? He's getting so big!

Susan- get felt up by some soup today? Honey, take it where you can get itfor a happy new year..is Gaby going to stay up til midnight?

to everyone else.

Today I am taking a day off from the food diary. Hub is talking about getting some treats from Baker & Spice. Add a little wine to that and I'll be starting over tomorrow at square one, but hey, it's January one, so what better time to start over? I don't have big plans. I am getting together with the knitting buddies for a little bit early on, then it's home to movies and lots of snacks and maybe I'll be able to stay up late enough to see in the new year. It's always dicey for me since I tend to go to bed around 8 or 9 usually. Maybe I'll take a little nap or something.

Last edited by RosieKate; 12-31-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:39 AM   #95  
ugggg.....

Quickie since I am at work--yes I have my shoe off still....

For all you Bachelor/Bachelorette fans...

http://tv.msn.com/tv/gallery/bachelo...ve/?photoidx=1
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #96  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning everyone.

No big plans here for this evening. We will probably just rent a couple of movies and stay home. The big tradition in our family which started with my hubbys family, was who could be the first person just after midnight to write on the bathroom mirrors HAPPY NEW YEARS with the soap. Of course while the kids were young it was always him, but now that they are older it is funny to see everyone sneaking away to the bathroom at 12:01.

Cristina - to you and V about his stepmother. I am so sorry for your loss. This of course is not a sign of things to come, but the finished crappy touch to 2008, so that 2009 can be a great year. Do you get all your groceries at Walmart? They are renovating ours into a Supercenter, but will they add meats and produce? Ours should be done in the next few months. Maybe I will have to look into getting a job there.

Katy, I have never paid attention to carbs before until you started your challenge. My bowl of macaroni I had for lunch was over 100 carbs. That was when it hit me how much effort you will be putting into your challenge.
to you for staying op. That combined with the wii fit will have you at your goal in no time. Did you have a fun day with the kids yesterday?

Sue - good luck to finding some cheap tickets to Vegas. Can I come with you? I need a vacation. I would have thought with the price of gas coming down, the price of airfare should have come down also.

Sassy - glad to see you are back to normal. What does your DH do? That is so great that you have a job where you work with your BF. That is great. Makes your long shifts go much quicker I bet. That will be great that you get support from her also. I need a job like that.

Francie - Glad that the centre of power is shifting back into your direction. Do you get along with your BIL ok? I hope that you have fun tonight. How long did your fun road trip last?

Jules - Ouch. Did you hurt your foot at work? What type of work do you do? Didn't the babies first year go by quickly? Hard to call them babies now. It is funny because my DGD lives here with us, her favorite person in her life is Cole. She loves him, and follows him everywhere. Good thing is that he loves her to, and he is quite ok with her touching his stuff, and her following him.

SuzyQ - on getting the place. I am sending you good vibes. Ok so have you seen some hot guy at work, and that is where your mind has been? to you for taking your lunch to work. We are going to throw you a big on line party to celebrate you reaching your goal. Does this website have a chatroom that we can all go into?

Tammy - Your dogs sound cute. Right now we have 5 little yorkie puppies that are running around our kitchen. Plus the parents, and because it has been so dang cold out, our 2 big outside dogs are in the house as well. They would all cuddle with us on the couch if I would let them come out of the kitchen. When is your DD getting married?

Well I get to go into town and drop my niece off. Thank goodness. She told me yesterday as I was working out, that my face looked like her friends old grandma. Then she told me I should stop because I looked like I was going to fall over. Cole kept telling me good job, and bringing me some water to drink. Guess which one got a hug when I was done.

Ok as for Sue's questions, I am still thinking about it.

The person who supported me the most was my mother. She truly is my best and only friend that I have, that is not online. That is one reason why I have made computer time a priority for myself because I really missed you all and thought of you daily when I wasn't here. You all really brighten up my days and my life. Thank you.

I'll get back to you for the other.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:08 PM   #97  
One day at a time

A very Happy New Year to you all!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:35 PM   #98  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

...and thank you!

KATY...now you guys are making me want to get a Wii...I hear they are fun but was really wondering if the workouts are enough for me. And you are right about dvds doing the same thing over and over...sometimes I hate doing them because I already know whats coming next, lol. You are doing GREAT! Keep it up and you will be in the 160's in no time!

KATHY...I do do the majority of my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart...it's a supercenter and even though I am not a fan, they best the local grocery store prices by far. But there are still some things I buy at the local one...their fruit seems to be better to me...the meat I think is about the same-quality wise. DD and I did go last night and got back home at about midnight...we were just enjoying no one being there! Kind of nice except for the boxes everywhere. Love the niece...kids are so cute, of course that is the last thing we want to hear. I said something about V eating all os something, can't remember what it was and she said "That's why grandpa is so fat" His belly seems to be growing! Like the soap story, lol. Almost forgot...love your avatar, I'm assuming that is your sweetie pie grandbaby...Roxy is such the cutie pie! I love babies! Maybe J & C will give me one soon

Hi everyone else!

Nothing going on today. Trying to get laundry done and had a couple of errands to run this morning. Getting ready to order some checks and flowers, then get some exercise done...haven't done anything yet.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-31-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:30 PM   #99  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just thought I would stop by to answer the questions that were put out there.....then off to get my butt in gear to clean up for tonight

What is the one thing you want to forget about 2008? One thing that I want to forget about 2008......well that is a tough one. but as of right now, there isn't any thing that I want to forget about it.

What is one thing to remember? I want to remember every thing from this past year!

What is the most important thing for you to achieve in 2009? Why? I want to achieve my weight loss, the right way through healthier eating and getting my tush in motion. As for why.....well that is obvious.....to be around longer and to watch my kids grow up and have kids of their own!

Who is the one person from 2008 that truly helped you acheive one your major goals? (Besides DH or signicant others)??? Besides Tommy and you all, I would have to say that there were a couple of people that have helped. Our neighbor was a great help because she was on the same path as me as far as weight loss.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:22 PM   #100  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Stopping in to say Happy New Year's Eve to everyone. It is bitter cold and the winds are gusting at 40 miles plus. Not a good combination for the Inner Harbour to have a big fireworks display tonight. I'll stay at home, comfy in my baggy sweats, eating steamed shrimp and watching it all on TV.

We ran around a little today doing "window car shopping", if there is such a thing. I drive a Toyota 4-runner and thinking of getting something smaller. Looking at all the cross-over vehicles. It will take me months to decide.

Cristina--So sorry about V's step-mom. Hugs to you both.

Kathy--DD wedding is planned for June 13th. She is planning on coming over next week for us to sit down and do some heavy duty planning. We have all the big vendors picked but now have to get all the little things organized. I bought her a new printer and she plans to do her own invites, programs, reception cards, menu cards, save the date magnets etc.

Sue--Still thinking about answers to your questions. I post them soon.

RosieKate & Cristina--I hear ya about being out of the family loop. Actually, I think one of my New Year's resolutions will be to keep my distance from all my family, not my children but my bro's and sisters. I can't take the drama anymore and pleasing them is impossible. Enough said!

Jules--Take care of that foot hun

To everyone and all that I missed...please have a safe and happy healthy New Year.
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:42 AM   #101  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:40 AM   #102  
One day at a time

Good morning and...

Here's to a GREAT 2009 for all of us!

Francie...hoping you guys had a fun time!

Tammy...thank you! So any certain vehicle in mind? The hubby had a 4 runner that thing was GREAT! Think it is still running somewhere, lol. There's lots of new stuff out there...so many new little cars/vehicles, hope you find what you are looking for! Hoping for a drama free 2009!

Anywho...just wanted to stop by and say Hi and Happy New Year once again. This is what happens when you (I) start staying up all hours of the night and try to go to bed early...wasn't happening. So just got up...daughter and I are watching a Twilight Zone marathon...so stupid! She is into a lot of the old stuff. Some I don't mind but some, ugh! Lol

Well, I am going to go and play bookworm and then off to bed about 3'ish...nighty, night!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-01-2009 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #103  
ugggg.....

Happy New Year to All!! Dominic, hubby and I were all in bed before 11pm. Fun bunch that we are. It's too early to call the kids--I'd say they both have hangovers. Neither were driving so that makes me feel better. I talked to both before I went to bed and neither were too bad at that point.

The foot does better when I don't wear shoes and I am off until Monday. Friday is WW and the car needs to be inspected and there's always the dreaded grocery store. I am thinking about going today.

Cristina--your daughter and Ry do seem to like lots of the same stuff. The pics are the same ones you commented on.

Kathy--Roxie is such a cutie!! Love the outfit!! This year has gone so fast. Teri has the apartment but with us babysitting--he's here alot. He comes home with us from work on Thursdays and she spends the night Saturday and SUnday and takes him home Monday morning when we all get up and get ready for work.

Francie--hope you guys had a fun night!!

Tammy--I would have loved to go see fireworks at Inner Harbor--I bet it's beautiful. Hubby is antisocial so gettting him to go anywhere but his garage is nearly impossible.

Katy--my resolve is to keep the decluttering going, keep toxic people out of my life and learn to say no and put me first...or at least make others consider my wants instead of me just always doing theirs.

Sue-they gave us See's candy at work--so we each got a box and one of my coworkers gave us hers...luckily hubby and Teri ate most of it. I did have a few. I crave chocolate at my tom--but salty is usually me craving. I do have a weakness for cookies and milk at Chistmas but I just made a small batch and they were ate mostly by others instead of me.

Sassy--glad you found a real live support person!! Here's hoping that you and Francie get your babies in 2009.

SuzyQ--hope you and the Gabster found something fun to do. how's the pedometer thing going. I
checked out a book at the library about walking--It's written by the guy the used to do Walking magazine. It was reaaly interesting and while I was at a Readers Digest Bookstore Outlet I saw it marked down and with a pedometer. Once I can wear a shoe again without hobbling I am going to start the program. I also got a Pilates on the ball that has a book, a ball and a dvd that I want to try out.

Mindee--hope your little get together went well!!

Hi to anyone I missed--the boys are up and hungry--Dominic slept the whole night...woohoo!!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #104  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Happy New Year Everyone.

Not much went on here. Ended up inviting my parents out for supper, and watched the movie Hancock with Will Smith. DS girlfriend come out also. Then the SIL had got some fire works that we lit off, and then I went into town with DS to take his GF home. (Due to being under 18 he is not allowed to be driving between midnight and 5 am.)

Jules - Oh my - I thank you I needed a good laugh to start my year. The hubbies truly are related. On Tuesday night, (same as every night) Hubby got home from work and went straight out to the shop. I told him supper would be ready in 30 min. 3 hours later, I actually went out there to make sure that he was ok, and nothing had fallen on him or anything. He loves being in the shop so much that he actually set up a little relaxing place out there complete with couch, chair and t.v.

Cristina - TY-yes that is the little DGD. I hope that you had a good sleep in this morning after your late night. I remember the show The Twilight Zone. Haven't seen it for years. What book are you reading? The Wii is alot of fun. DD loves the boxing on the fit, and it actually looks like it is working for her. She does the yoga on there also. She has lost 10 lbs in the last month that she has been doing it. My mom also has one. She got it for all the grandchildren to play, but she did get the fit for herself. She has lost about 15 lbs in the last couple months. She also likes the yoga, and some of the strenght training. There is a game where you have to actually keep the hula hoop going. It is funny and hard at the same time. This year, one of my goals is to use it more also. I saw a Jillian Michael's game for it at ToysRUs that I plan on getting.

Tammy - Did you see cars you like while you were out window shopping? My hubby is trying to talk me into a new HHR. He has been trying for a month or so. How far away does your DD live from you? That is great that she is going to do her own invites and stuff. That will save her some $. Does she plan on it being a large wedding?

Francie - Did you have a good time at your friends place? Was there alot of people there?

Mindee - Did you have your get together at your place? Hope you had fun. What time did you get the kids to bed? Cole wanted to stay up, so we let him, but he fell asleep on the couch at 11:45. I'll be in trouble for that today, as he did not sleep in so he will be grouchy today.

Katy - what was your Wii age? Mine was 59. DD was 40 but she has gotten hers to her proper age of 19. She was pretty happy with that. Hope that you had a good night last night? Did you manage to stay up and ring in the New Year.

Sassy - How was your night last night? Did you do anything special? Do you get tonight off work seems as it is a holiday?

Sue - How was your get together with your friends? Have you started the day after clean up yet? Amazing isn't it that you work so hard to get it clean, and then no effort at all for the mess. Had mine done before everyone got here yesterday, and I am looking around at the mess thinking I should get my butt in gear and get it cleaned up.

SuzyQ - How was your night? Did you do anything special? Did you get to have a look at your cottage? We are excited for you.

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Question for everyone. Has anyone tried pilates? I am thinking of trying a pilate workout before I do my treadmill challenge. Wondering if that would be like stretching before I workout.

Anyways, I must run and do some cleaning. I guess I should get it done, and then I can have a nice relaxing day and really not do anything.

luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #105  
ugggg.....

Kathy==I used to go to a Curves type gym and the lady that owned it let another lady that does pilates do a class after hours. I was one of only a small group that signed up and came--there were actually only two of us that made it every time. I really enjoyed it. I got the pilates on the ball dvd set and am going to try it when my foot cooperates. So your hubby has a garage too.....complete with couch, recliner, tv, stereo and mini fridge.... too funny