Old 12-29-2008, 11:11 PM   #46  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Monday Evening All,

RN - are you an RN or a Registered Nut??? My sister is a RN, both nurse and Registered Nut. Sounds like you had a great on-track day today. Congrats. I hope you make your way back to our little thread!

Mariana, I'm glad you are ok. I definitely know what you mean about something snapping back into place. How's your knee? I went over my handlebars in August 2007. My wrists were damaged from years of skiing injuries so it never really healed from the bike tumble. I'm glad you're ok. NYE - I will be in bed and sleeping at the stroke of midnight. I'm the queen of party poopers. I HATE January. I hate winter and I hate dark. Combine the longest, darkest, coldest month of the year, and voila, I hate January. So I never celebrate its arrival. Usually I tolerate it and winter pretty good since I adore skiing, but since that's off for this year, I'm hating winter already. Gee, can you tell I don't like winter???

Auntie, sorry, I will have to cheer against your Eagles on Sunday at 1:30 my time. I'm a Packer fan, through and through, but I do like the Vikings if they're not playing the Pack. But I will admit I won't be bummed if (when) they lose since the Vikes can be pretty pitiful. But occasionally they show blasts of brilliance. BTW, note the purple font...

I walked on the treadmill this morning for 1.5 miles. I increased the speed and incline a little - almost close to normal. My knee tolerated it. I haven't heard back from the ortho on the scheduling of the MRI, so I'm just doing my own thing and oh well on the consequences.

Food was hard today - I'm still very munchy. I'm thinking the cals are ok but I haven't finished logging them. Mr Scale was evil and I wish I'd had a gun - I'd have shot it.

That's if for now. Talk with you all tomorrow.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:10 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Mariana, glad you're ok, and that's some view you've got! And how nice it must be to catch up with old friends... Sometimes they do just fade away, but it's good to re-connect!

RN, hi and welcome! Good job including chocolate into your planned day!

Marie, ah, winter without skiing... I'm sure you'll find some other projects to keep you entertained. I'm sort of fond of January in that "new beginnings" kind of way. There's nothing quite like a fresh new calendar to inspire me. And I understand you must root for the Vikings - LOL. (Purple is my favorite color!) If they weren't playing the Eagles, I'd root for them too. And this game may be a good match, since the Eagles seem to have the same tendencies as you mentioned in the Vikes. Some days are brilliant (like this past game) and some days you wonder whether they realize they're supposed to be playing to win. As for Mr Scale- don't shoot him! He's just messing with you. You've been doing fine, and it'll all level out. Now MY scale will be another story, when I get the guts to visit him again...

Disgruntled, glad you found your way back!

Time to go to work.

auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #48  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning everyone,

Disgruntled, I'm sure you found your way back to us. Ruthxxx just closed the thread so we couldn't add a last post with a link to the new one. It was a weird situation. Good for you going back to the gym. Mr. Scale and it's constant desire to go up is so irritating. So the gym is a good thing.

Auntie, so the question will be, who will show up on sunday to win. Can you imagine, maybe they both will. I love purple but pink is my very favorite color. Light pink, not bright although that isn't horrible. If I make my font the right color you won't be able to read it. I'm not a new beginning type of person, when I'm ready to get on the wagon, I don't wait or that thought would be flitting away with the wagon. I just love to eat too much. Luckily I love to eat it. I do like that the scale is just messing with me. Thankfully I have my cool graphic you gave me this past summer to make me laugh in the morning.

I did the same treadmill today that I did yesterday. It was a good workout as there was a little sweat going. Food was on target yesterday and so far this morning, I haven't been up long enough to screw it up. But work is quiet and quiet means I have food daydreaming time. But I did pack my healthy lunch and a portion controlled snack so I'm hopeful.
Marie
Old 12-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi,chickies! I'm checking in via Blackberry, so this will be brief. I'm at my Mom's for a few days, surrounded by candy . I'm saying no most times, but the first day or so were not so good...I brought some workout videos and my travel yoga mat, and did cardio this morning.

No big plans for New Years Eve. Might go to midnight church service with Mom for Watch Night (african american tradition going back to Emancipation).

Hope the last day of this year is a good one for all of us! This was a very tough year for a few of us, and for one will be glad to see it go!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:32 AM   #50  
=D

Haaaaiii everyone.

Have a dancing carrot.

Marie, knee is doing well, thanks for asking. I've been pumping magnesium and fish oil which has helped a lot with recovery. You know exaclty how scary it is to go over handlebars! Did you ride often back then? Sounds like it was a pretty harsh tumble and if it was on top of years of skiing...ouch.
I hate July. With a passion. I don't like the dark or the cold, so I understand perfectly where you're coming from. If i lived in the northern hemisphere I'd probably stay indoors on NYE too.. but right now inside is hotter than outside, so i'll put up with mozzie bites if it means being outside my hot apartment.

Auntie - work = . Do you get thursday off? I'd thought that everything would be closed tomorrow but I'm realising that more and more things will be open. BTW - purple is an awesome colour.

Judy - good to hear from you - I hope you have a great start to the year. Good on you for resisting the candy temptation for the most part. When it's a bowl just sitting there, it's a lot harder (for me anyway) than if it's in the cupboard or somethin'.

RN - I swam and biked today too It's an award winning combination. I like going to the pool and then coming home, changing into bike clothes and going straight back out for a ride. It makes me feel like I'm competing in a triathlon or something... hehehe. Kinda pathetic I know

Disgruntled - food steamer! Cool. That'd make steaming veggies and stuff much easier. I never thought much of steamed veggies until I ate some at a restaurant a few weeks ago. I livened them up a little with some balsamic vinegar and ate them with my grilled chicken.. delightful.

I bought my new mountain bike the other day and I'm waiting for it to get to the store. I'm soo exited. It's a Giant Yukon 16.. and it's lime green/black. I've been saving up for a long time.
Today I took about 18 old books to a second hand store and sold them for store credit.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:21 AM   #51  

Hurray for the end of '08! I should be getting ready to leave for work, but wanted to slip in fast since it's almost the New Year in Australia... So, HAPPY NEW YEAR, MARIANA!

Disgruntled, an electric steamer does sound interesting. A new toy always makes things more fun! Congrats on getting to the gym! And my DH would be deliriously happy to go to a hockey game on New Year's Eve. Even if it's over early enough to be home watching TV later, that's still much more exciting than a lot of other choices. Have fun!

Marie, oh I hope it's a good game! Now of course I wouldn't mind a repeat of our Dallas game, but it's so exciting when both teams show up! Well, it's exciting for me, but DH is another story. Every Eagles screw-up causes so much ranting and raving, it is nice to avoid that sometimes. Good job with your food and exercise- I'll be back on it tomorrow!

Judy, beware that evil candy! Hey, you got some exercise in while on a family visit, so I'd say you're doing something right! Have a great Watch Night!

Mariana, yeah, I have off Thursday, but there was a time when I had off the whole week between Christmas and New Year's, so I am not happy with this year's arrangement! Have fun with the new bike! I keep thinking I want to get one, but I don't have anywhere easy to store one until some magical day that we fix up our garage. Oh, and thanks for mentioning the books! I took a ton of books to a store a couple years ago, and totally forgot about that credit that awaits me. The store is kind of off my beaten path, so that's why I never think of it, but now I'll have to make it a point to get there before I forget again!

Well, just in case I don't get back here later,

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #52  
=D

Hi everyone!

It's 2:24am and the fireworks (as well as the whole night) was amazing.

Hope you all have a safe start to '09! I'm glad I did.

Mariana
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:58 AM   #53  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

HAPPY NEW YEAR CHICKIES!

Here is some willpower dust for 2009!

You must have had a great view of the fireworks Mariana.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:28 AM   #54  
Lifelong Journey Member

Mariana, I opened my browser and there was a gorgeous picture of the fireworks in Sydney. Wow, it was breathtaking and just a picture. I can't imagine how cool it was for you to see it in person.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL MY FRIENDS!!!!

I'm at work with hopes that we're allowed to leave a little early. Here's hoping.

Mariana, I LOVE my bike. I have a Diamond Back I call Ruby Red Rider as it is the most beautiful deep red. But two accidents later, my kids call it Bloody Red Rider. I tell ruby to ignore them. Anyway, I bought a fluid trainer this fall and it really is a workout - more than on the road. This past weekend when we moved it back into the now vacant guest room, I got on it, put very little resistance and peddled a little. My knee was just stiff, not sharp pains so I'm hopeful to use it again. On the swim bike routine - I do the exact opposite - go biking than jump in my pool to cool off. I've been known to job (before knee) or walk and I definitely have illusions of grandeur as I'm not a triathalete, just a dreamer. And July is my FAVORITE month. Probably for the same reason January is yours.

Penny, I will take your will power dust and send some back to you. I can use all the will power available.

Judy, I hope the visit is going good and 2009 is great for you - less stressful would be so beneficial for you.

auntie, I'm guessing watching football with your DH would take some fun out of it. I've been trying to learn to laugh at the stupid plays, looking at it as a comedy. If it makes you feel better, I only have Thursday off as well, but if I get working here and get my new website launched, I'm going to take Friday off as well. But... I'm not very work oriented at the moment.

disgruntedone, have a great new year's as well.

Food went out of control yesterday afternoon and to stay in cal range, I had to be very careful in the evening. C'est la vie - I still made it but it wasn't pretty.

For the first time since I re-injured my knee 3 weeks ago, I took all three pulling huskies out for a walk at 5:00 in the morning. Dark and icy and pulling dogs. It was great! They were happy and I love the quiet. My headlamp took care of the dark, my boot tracks (rubbery things you attach to snow boots) added traction and the DOGGIES didn't pull with all their might. How excellent is that to end the year???
Marie
Old 01-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Default Happy New Year

Here's to all the great motivated chickies who check in on this thread, wishing us all a year with fewer accidents, surgeries, annoying co-workers and other worries, and with even more love, laughter and contentment. Thanks for your wisdom and support.

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #56  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Happy New Year Everyone.
My wagon crashed and burned so I'll be back when I've got myself a brand new one.

Cheers.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #57  

Hi all- hope everyone's new year got off to a good start! I'm not completely on program yet, but I did much better today than I have in weeks. I didn't make it out walking like I intended because it was too cold, and I ended up spending most of the day scrapbooking, but at least I wasn't eating fudge! Onward...

Let's make this a successful weight loss year!

Have a great Friday, everyone!

Old 01-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #58  
Lifelong Journey Member

Happy 2009 Everyone!!!

Elyn, welcome back. I swear by the idea when my wagon dups me, that visiting and posting keeps me from falling as far behind and motivates me to flag an oncoming wagon

Auntie, congrats on finding your way back. Scrapbooking is way less cals than fudge. And even fun.

Judy, thanks for your good wishes. Annoying co-workers make us treasure the wonderful ones.

I took the doggies for a new year's walk and man what a mess. All the snow has been pounded away by rain, so it's slushy and muddy. Since the walk, I've been cleaning and cleaning. The things I do for my beloved doggies.

I'm totally in my cals today. After yesterday's post, Auntie Flo explained why I was munching and craving like a mad woman. Her visits can end anytime now. I was luckily that I stayed in cal range, but it was hard. Today was way easier than Tuesday and Monday were.

Today I finished 5 quilt squares. Yesterday I'd made one so I'm up to 7 (yes I wasn't making much progress before yesterday). So when I had 4 done, I laid them out and put the strip border with them to get an idea of how it will look and I was blown away how gorgeous it was. Now I'm motivated. The squares themselves weren't motivating me. I send a picture to my sister as I was chatting with her as I was sewing. I'll post the image here soon as it's really cool.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 01-01-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #59  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of your quilt. I'm beginning to think that owning a dog is a surefire way to get exercise. I'm always impressed how often you take your doggies for a walk, no matter what the weather or state of your joints.

Auntie G - I've been very bad with the sweet goodies his holiday season too. Now everything is eaten up or thrown out I must try very hard not to have it in the house.

Elyn - My wagon disintegrated too so I'm going to get a sparkly new one and jump on!

Judy - Thanks for the inspirational words - thank you for your wisdom and support.

We woke up to a surprise dusting of new snow this morning. We had torrential rain most of the night and there are lots of local road closures and flooding. Crazy weather! Luckily we had used a relatively dry spell to take down the Christmas lights and pick up some of the dozens of large branches which broke off our trees in the big snowstorm.

I'm off to a pretty good start with calories so far this year and will try to be more physically active as I've been a real slug lately . As you can see from my ticker update, I've gained back 20 lbs. from my lowest weight last year . I'm determined to take it back off again. I guess I had been self-medicating with food following my surgeries and other health problems last year, but overeating just adds more angst to a bad situation so hopefully I've learned my lesson.

Last edited by penpal; 01-02-2009 at 11:14 AM.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #60  
Lifelong Journey Member

Disgruntled, the pizza lament is called Murphy's law. Good for you to take your skateboard and travel elsewhere. Keep that foot on it.

Penny, eeks the mudslide, floods, and road closure news for Portland is terrible. Stay in your house and be safe. It took me 20 pounds regained to get back on track. Heck, if I can find the wagon, I know you can too.

I'm at work on the last quiet day - teachers and students return on Monday. But on Monday I'm leaving early for a highlight and cut of the hair. So at least there will be pleasure on that day.

I'm working at moving my test website to my laptop (from my workstation) and then I'll be working on going live. I'm glad I didn't push it on Wednesday so I could have today off. This way I'll be more confident in it.

Food was at 1500 cals yesterday and so far today, I did nibble on 2 wheat things - extra 20 cals so not a big deal unless they keep migrating to my mouth. I put them on a high shelf.
Marie