3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 12-16-2008, 05:35 AM   #16

Good early morning all. I have another sore throat and couldn't sleep so decided to come downstairs. It was really weird as about 1 yesterday it just appeared out of now where and later I even vomited so who knows. It isn't as bad as it was so I am wondering if I had some kooky slight reaction to something though I had nothing new.

Susan: I actually had fun with the exercise. I did a warm up to Neil Diamond's "Red Red Wine" and then Tom Jone's "Green Green Grass of Home" High spirited dancing around in the chair doing upper one song and lower the next using, Neil Diamond's "Cherry Cherry" "Kentucky Woman" and "You Got to me" then Tom Jone's "It's Not Unusual." I topped it off with "Bandstand Boogie" (Theme from American Bandstand) with Barry Manilow. I cooled down to Neil Diamond's "Song Sung Blue" and Barry's "I Write the Songs." In all it was about 26 minutes, which is pretty good. I got up from the chair and I could feel it so I know I was making a difference. I have always felt that God provided us with wonderful color palettes and eyes to see them so why not use them. We always lived in rental property until we bought the condo so had white walls all the time, my house is a hue of color from blues, to yellows, burgundys, grays, turquoise and aqua, navys and even some bright green in the entranceway.

Maggie: I told everyone it was 63 here yesterday when I posted in 15 minutes it had dropped 20 degrees. It is now 29 degrees and the furnace hasn't shut off for awhile and it is set at 68. They are calling for 75 by Thursday though! lol

I stayed perfectly OP yesterday no problem except for vomiting my afternoon snack up of FF hot chocolate with cool whip free on it. I made a roast pork tenderloin from a Recipezaar WW recipe. Jack loved it, me not so much. I am not a big fan of oregano so next time, I will do his the same and leave the spices off mine. It was ok after I scraped off the spice. I put some canned new potatos I rolled in a tsp of olive oil around the tenderloin and we had a nice salad to go with. Jack got to have a WW ice cream dessert and he came out op and even did 30 minutes on the treadmill, which I hope he keeps up. I know he is pretty miserable as he is the highest he has ever been. He carries 90% of his weight right at tummy level, which is the worst place and he has trouble tying his shoes without becoming winded now. Tonight's menu is "fried" chicken with m potato and gravy and green beans. I use ff chicken broth for gravy so the points are pretty nil and the chicken goes in the oven and are chicken breasts.

Well, gals, I am going to see if I can get a bit more rest. I have been up and down a lot tonight having a bit of apnia with this sore throat so I am pretty tired. I really need to keep the car as I ran out of yarn for the newsboy bag and I only have to finish the strap and then felt it. I also need a manicure, pedicure and haircut so maybe I might just do it anyway.

Have a good one and stay warm!
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #17

Good morning, everyone! Rain and Cold today.

Maggie - Congratulations on the loss!

They had that cookbook at my meeting and I didn't even look at it. I'll take a look at it this week.

Faye - I hope you are feeling better! Your dinner sounds good. I'm having a boneless pork chop, baked sweet potato and broccoli. I was up 4 times last night with leg cramps. Got to stop on the way home from work and get some tonic water. I love the new Redi Whip Fat Free - 5 calories for 2 tablespoons.

Jean - I hope you aren't snowed in!

Have a great day!

HW 356 pounds - CW 135 - GW 137

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #18
Thin Within

Talking Tuesday In The Heartland

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOONTO YOU MY MAGNOLIA FRIENDS

It is snowing here now and since we don't have much weight inside the Jeep we actually had to lock it in, which it needs periodically anyway. Everything looks so nice and clean with the snow covering. This night would be a good one to go out and drive around looking at the christmas lights and decorations folks have put up for the season. They always look better after a snow.

Tis the season we all need to be watchful for those BLT's. Especially me for there are always so many "goodies" folks have made that want me to "try just one." I still use my old, "No thank you, It makes me break out in fat" if I really am strong for it works and gets a laugh from the goodie pusher.

Ragg Mopp still hasn't torn into his goodey present. He moves it around and keeps an eye on it but so far it is still wrapped.

Have a lovely afternon Magnolias. Type at you later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #19

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It has been snowing all day long . . . big flakes that are soft and fluffy. If the wind comes up it will be a white out for sure. We got out of school 2 hours early because of the visiblity. The plows won't come out until it quits snowing so the streets are a mess. At least it is "warmer" at 7 degrees than the -10 we had yesterday. This morning I turned the TV on while I was making coffee, went back upstairs to get dressed, and when I came back down the screen was black but the sound was on. Bob checked with the service dept. at the store and it could be any number of things so "bring it in and we will check it out!" The service guys drive 75 miles twice a week to get here, and didn't come today because of the snow. The TV is not that old and I am not a happy person about having to either repair it or buy a new one. Bob is the TV watcher so will let him decide what to do.

Susan -- The concert sounds like it was awesome! Congratulations on being OP! I hope you enjoyed the Christmas party -- you had a good plan for staying OP. I'm not snowed in . . . . yet.

"Gma" -- It sounds like you have your exercise music and routine planned well. I hope your sore throat is better by now. Your menu sounds yummy!

Maggie -- Congrats on the 1.4# loss! The cookbook sounds interesting. I'm waiting to see if they cancel WW for tonight. I did notice they had some new books last week but didn't take the time to look at them.

I need to work on my Christmas cards. Have a nice evening and a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote