Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #76  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Would love to be a Buddy!

Hi all,
I would love to be a weightloss buddy! I've been overweight most of my life...right now I'm starting at 274 (yikes!) I'm thinking of starting with just exercising (don't get that much of it right now, which is my own fault, I admit it), and cutting out the sugar. I am a chocolate junkie!!

If anyone has any advice of what to do about my hubby. He is overweight as well, but the pickiest eater that I've ever seen. He doesn't like fruit/veggies and it's hard for me to cook healthy and then make something that he'll eat. I feel like I'm contributing to his weight gain, but I want him to be healthy. I also don't want our daughter to go through the same things I went through as a kid and I don't want her to adopt our exercise and eating habits.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #77  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

MaddiesMom, I feel your pain. My fiance is one of the most picky eaters I have seen as well. Only his best friend is worst than him. My fiance actually likes more things than he thinks, he just hasn't tried them. I have been getting him to try things lately and he has probably liked about 50% of them. Sometimes though, he is just plain stubborn. I really don't have too many suggestions, just wanted to let you know I feel your pain. My fiance pretty much only eats light bread with various lunch meats, ff cheese, and he'll eat pizza pockets (pizza sauce, ff mozzerella, and light bread toasted). He also eats ff hot dogs (40 cals) with light bread. Basically try lower calories versions of his favorites.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #78  
This IS it...

Neesy: I hope you have a blast on your vacation time. I actually think it should be easier for you...you'll have plenty of time to workout, plenty of time to plan ahead for meals so that you don't have to make bad choices...I just know that when I am sitting in front of my computer all day working, that I just want to munch (habit I guess). I have had a bad 5 days making bad decisions. Going to parties (drinking waaaay to much), meals out at restaraunts, drinking way too much at New Years, need I go on? But SOMEHOW after being up 3 lbs at one point, I am only up 1/2 a lb from before the madness started. This is probably water weight too, cause I am bloated. So hopefully it will be gone tomorrow if I really focus today and make good choices. I woke up super late (2pm), so I won't have much time to screw up. I am going to go to this locally owned, pricey supermarket today in search of some delicious fruit. I loooove fresh strawberries, and pineapple, and grapes and would really like to make a fruit salad to munch on for a few days. I usually shop at walmart for food...but their produce is just pitiful and I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to my fruit. So hopefully this place will have some good stuff and only buying my produce here will not be that expensive. It is actually the place that catered my work christmas party and had some of the most amazing strawberries I have ever tasted.

Well I am off to get ready and go shopping! Good luck to everyone today.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #79  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hi Maddies Mom! Its fuuny, I think a lot of our husbands are picky eaters. My husband refuses to eat fruits or vegetables so in order to get him healthy, I put him on Juice Plus vitamins (which gives you proper serving of fruits and veggies each day in a little capsule) and put him on weight watchers (without him knowing it -haha). If I told him he was on a diet, he probably wouldnt have gone for it, but he was saying how he wanted to lose weight so I told him I would change how I cook and cut back on his portions. But in reality, when I made him his lunch for work and dinner, I was feeding him weight watcher recipes. He obviously could follow the plan 100% because if he had a candy bar at work I couldnt control it, but hey, after 3 months of him not knowing he was on a diet, he lost 34 pounds. LOL not bad.

Anyway, I really believe trying to diet through the holidays (especially Christmas and New Years) is difficult but I'm ready to get back on track and in full force. I have my own little exercise army. My husband pushes me to kickbox with him 3 days a week and my mom (who is a BIG health freak) walks 2 miles with me every morning 5 days a week, considering that with a routine of weights 2 days a week, I really look forward to seeing the results.

Ok - I'm babbling. I totally feel for you Neesy, I actually think it is harder to stay on a diet while on vacatin because yes, you do have extra time to exercise and plan meals but you also have extra time to be lazy and become lathargic (sp?). You can do it though - your so close to one of your short term goals! Who's a rockstar? - YOUR A ROCKSTAR! (LOL)

Good luck ladies, I'll try and check in tomorrow, you all are a great motivation for me.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #80  

OH YEAH - have fun on your vacation Neesy - enjoy.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #81  

Thanks for the help Neesy regarding the avatar - I finally have a pic up. Which is the most recent "fat" pic of me. Its from November this year. I try really hard to avoid pics as much as possible. Hopefully Ill have an afair with my camera once I lose th weight - LOL.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Thanks lindy! It's a very nice pic. I know what its like to avoid the camera. If I do have my picture taken.. it must get my approval or it WILL get deleted.
So far so good on the diet, although I haven't dropped any more pounds. I can tell that I'm losing inches though. I dropped an inch on my hips this week and my jeans are getting baggy! yay! Hopefully I'll have some downward movement on the scale.

After reading these posts.. I am definitely going to go pick up some fruit. I got some oranges and I think they were bad. ugh.

Talk to you guys later
Denise
Old 01-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #83  
This IS it...

Oh hallelujah!!! I am not good at staying on diets at all. The reasons being 1)I always lose really good for the first week or two, then the scale just stops moving or goes in the wrong directions. So, I get disappointed or upset and go eat...everything. lol. 2) In the past it was really painful to be hungry because I got really bad heartburn along with the hunger. I can only put up with pain for so long when I know a simple solution. So I ate...everything. LOL.

This time around however...I just kept weighing myself and actually had very low expectations going into each scale session. I actually thought so many times that I felt fat and I probably gained weight. More often than not, I actaully lost, or only gained a smidgen (normal fluctuations). I got through that period after I first start the diet and the weight stops flying off. Guess what? It starts flying off again!!! I just need to learn to deal with the plateaus and stick it out and the weight WILL come off.

I also fixed the second problem by going to the doctor and he prescribed me Nexium, which I have been taking religiously. Which is also amazing in itself because I have never been able to get on a routine to take pills everyday. So now my heartburn is gone, and when I get hunger pains I eat and I feel great.

I have dropped like 5 lbs in the last couple days after splurging like crazy for like 5 days. Wohooo!

Anyways...that is my happy story for the week. :-)

I hope everyone else is doing great this Monday afternoon!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #84  

Hey TC! That is so awesome that you are doing so well and have such a positive attitude. I'm hoping that next Sunday when I weigh in, I can be just as happy. I know once I see the results ill feel awesome and know it is SO worth the hunger pains and such, its just getting over the small hump. At this very moment, I'm feeling kinda hungry so I'm trying this...if I get hungry I drink 2 cups of water, if I still "feel" hunger pains then I'm going to have a small snack. I prepacked a bunch of baggies of misc. things like peanut butter with celery, grape tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries, etc.

Does anyone watch the show Ruby? Oh, I love that show so much; she's just as inspiring as you ladies. Its funny, my original plan was to log on to this website once or twice a week, now I'm on oce or twice a day, sometimes more! Anyway, talk to you later.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

We are all alike here. I also know the struggles with having a husband that is a picky eater. I just told him I am going to start cooking healthier. He says he will eat. I hope so.

I asked my sister in law to join my gym today, so we can walk and work out together. She sounds like she wants to sometimes, but I really dont think she will. I told her while we walk the kids(she has 3) can walk or play basketball or fooseball or pool. She was like well I dont know. So from her that is a no. At least my husband goes with me. It gives us time to talk and be together, so that is a plus.

My husband is supposed to have jury duty, so that is a 2 hour trip. We will have to stay at a hotel, so I will definitely get some use out of the gym there.

I had said in an earlier post that I was going to weigh on Tuesdays, but now I am having second thought, and not because tomorrow is Tuesday. But its the beginning of the week. I see a lot of people on here weigh on Sundays, I was thinking that is a good day, so I will probably change to then.

Hope everyone is staying motivated and has a wonderful day.
Allison
Old 01-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Lindy, I love Ruby. I watch her every week, too bad last night was the season finale. She is so inspiring. If she can start at 477 and already have lost 104 lbs. Then we can all definitely do it too.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #87  

Hi Burgundy! I weigh myself on Sunday's for a reason. Every Sunday my family all gets together and has a big Sunday meal (its like Thanksgiving every week - lol) Anyway, I feel obligated to control myself since I weigh in on that day; so it helps.

Yeah, Im bummed that the season finale was yesterday but I look forward to them bringing it back (she probably will have REALLY visible weight loss during her time away). It is one of the networks highest rated shows (so I read), so I'm sure there will be a season 2. Biggest Loser is starting soon too. I dont really like watching the whole show, but I do like watching the weigh-ins.

Today was a great day for me, not much hunger pains, no cravings and I stuck with my exercise routine - what a relief.

Take care everyone.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:09 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Height: 5'8

Ooh I want to be a buddy too! Like you I'm counting calories, portion sizes, etc. It wasn't hard for me when I did it a few years ago, but it's been a long time with me eating whatever I wanted that it's kind of hard to get back into the groove of measuring everything again. But, I know I can do it! And I know you can too
Old 01-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #89  

Hi Dirty (lol, that sounds kinda funny). How long have you been counting calories, did you start on Monday? Are you working towards a goal for a specific date and/or reason or just to get healthy? I love the group of girls that are in this forum, they are all honest, nnice and supportive, so welcome! We can't wait to hear how your progress is going.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 AM   #90  

Hi Dirty (lol, that sounds kinda funny). How long have you been counting calories, did you start on Monday? Are you working towards a goal for a specific date and/or reason or just to get healthy? I love the group of girls that are in this forum, they are all honest, nnice and supportive, so welcome! We can't wait to hear how your progress is going.
Closed Thread