Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #136  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Neesy...you are the perfect buddy. You ALL ARE, but you hit home with the 2 month note, it made me really think. Anyway, you are AMAZING for making it to the movies without stopping at the concession stand. I'm still not quite there, I'm not disciplined enough to put myself in those situtations. I consider myself super lucky, I work 2 miles from home and my daughters school/daycare is right outside our neighborhood, so the only thing I pass everyday is McDonalds and I really dislike McDonalds. I like their breakfast foods but everything else is disgusting.

Anyway, I'm glad this day is almost over, I really need it to be over. I had turkey burgers with brusselsproats today; it was a bigger portion than it should have had but at least it wasnt Taco Bell (haha). I did have two miniature chocolates but thats the only bad sweets I have had in two weeks. Not bad, I just need to get back on track.

Kity - making small little changes like you have is great. Thats how it all starts. I too LOVED pop, I must have drank 6-8 cans a day 8^( - but I slowly cut it out and for 2 weeks now, I'm going strong with NO pop. Woo-hoo.

I'll check in later, hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #137  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Lindy:
Good for you! So glad that you didn't give in to your temptation. I know how it is when "that time" comes around. I am a chocolate fiend. I think if I can get through that week with no chocolate, I can get through anything!

My hubby and I are lucky, where we moved, the closest fast food joint is a 15 minute drive. By the time we pick it up and get home, it's cold, so it's a total turn off for us to go out. There is a good pizza place that we found, but we only have that once a month.

I did really good today, the apple w/ low fat peanut butter for breakfast, a Lean Cuisine (300 cals) for lunch, and then for a snack I had a low fat yogurt and shared some pudding with my daughter. I did have a hot dog for dinner, with a little bit of mac and cheese, but I ate way less than I usually do, and I didn't have a beer or pop with it...which was hard, but figured that if I'm eating the hot dog, I shouldn't have the extra calories on a pop.

Thank you all for being so helpful! If anyone is interested, there's a new thread where people are posting their favorite salad. I get sick of the same old salad, so there are a few posted there that sound really good. Take a look!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

You guys are so good. I can't go without drinking pop. I only drink diet, but I know it's still bad for me. I'm trying to drink more water, but I need some flavor every now and then. What's your favorite flavored low cal drink?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #139  
aka Vicky

For low cal drink, I have Crystal Lite (or the Wal-Mart equivalent). I try not to drink that too much either due to the artificial sweetners. For some reason, it gives me headaches. I used to drink Fresca until that caused headaches too.

What else is out there other than Crystal Lite. I would love an alternative!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #140  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

That weigh in this morning really affected me the rest of the day. I just really wanted some food for lunch, so I had a smart one calzone AND some baked lays (more than a few) AND some Bob Evans green bean casserole I got at Walmart a few nights ago. So I was really full and I was all good for the rest of the day. Then I got out of work super late (7:45 rather than 5 or 6) came home to change for the gym, went to the gym for just over an hour (watched most of Grey's Anatomy) and was STAAAARVING. Well, McDonalds is in the same parking lot as my gym and I love McChickens. So I got....TWO. bLAH. Why not one?!? I would have only been at 1500 cals which is completely reasonable. Instead, I am at like 1800. After working out for over an hour, I basically put it right back into my body within like 15 mins of leaving the gym. How ridiculous is that.

Anyways, I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow. I am still out of fruit. It is too late to go get more fruit. I do have enough strawberries for a smoothie, but then the rest of the day I guess applesauce will have to do. I have a goal of 5 big glasses of water (my glass holds 3 cups). I hope that will get rid of my awful bloating I have right now. I made my fiance hide the scale (cause the weeight was soooo bad this morning after being perfect yesterday). When we were leaving for the gym I was like "I'm going outside, you hide the scale somewhere good". What is even more aggravating, but probably a blessing in disguise, is that when I lose, he doesn't or he even gains, when he loses, I don't or I gain. However, if we were both doing bad at the same time, I think we would be much more likely to give up.

I just wanna be skinny ::whinning like a two year old::
Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #141  
This IS it...

Splenda and some lemon is delicious, free alternative at restaraunts! I pretty much only drink water now though. I am really trying to eliminate artificial sweeteners (I keep telling myself Splenda doesn't count because it is "made from sugar" but deep down I know it does) My smoothies just wouldn't be the same without Splenda
Old 01-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #142  
aka Vicky

TC,

We all have set backs, but what we have to do is let it go and get past it. I was always the one that would do really well for a week, splurge one day, and then say "to **** with it, I've screwed up anyways" and that would be the end of it. At least you're admitting to yourself that you made a mistake. As long as you start fresh tomorrow, you'll be fine. One meal doesn't define your diet.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #143  

Tc, we both had a bad day. after my turket burgers last night, at like 8 o'clock at night i made a chicken, black bean and salsa wheat tortilla, if I ate that alone last night for dinner it wouldnt be so bad but I also had a massive portion of turkey burgers and brussel sproats AND pudding. Anyway, Im back on track and Im sure you are too-good luck over the weekend, make it count, weigh yourself on Sunday after a strict weekend and maybe youLl feel happier. Today is casual day at work, so I put on my jeans, god almighty - they are still snug, please let this be bloating. I am seriously considering waiting on my weigh in, this stinks.

Neesy, i like propel fitness water, its not really low in calories but its a great substitute for soda.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #144  

I guess sometimes when you have something in your head, there is no getting around it. Today I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. My daughter has strep throat so we had to go to the doctor, then to the pharmacy, then I had to drop her off at her Grandmas so that I could go to work and then duh...duh....duh......I passed the dreaded Taco Bell. Here's the funny thing, I drove by AND THEN did a u-turn. Ugh, I'm so upset that I gave into my craving. When I get home tonight -lm doing so serious cardio. In lunch alone, I consumed 900 calories, 900 calories! On a flippin mexican pizza, mexi melt and soda - yup, a soda...I feel horrible! I went 2 whole weeks with no soda. On the brighter side (I guess), I did not finish the soda and to be honest, thought it was a little too sweet.

Anyway, this just sucks...I know I'm being kinda hard on myself but I really just want to lose weight ssssssooooo bad. I did not have such an issue last time. I stuck to it pretty well. I guess its time to get back on the horse. The thing is, I JUST finished my mexican pizza, then logged on here, dumb...just dumb.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #145  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Thanks you all for all of your support and encouragement. It really means alot to me. I am retaining so much water weight, it really sucks I desperatly need to pick up the pace and drink the stupid water. It's just so boring I tried a lemon in there for flavor that actually made it a little better. I am feeling soo bloated these days. I am afraid to weigh myself. Yesterday I had weighed myself and was up one pound. Up!! I just barely gt my mind set and think I am heading in the right direction and then UP! It's one pound I can turn it around! I need this attitude to succeed, at least that's what I am told.

Lindy- Don't let the trip through taco bell bring you down. It happens, not sayng we want it to but it just happened to me yesterday so I completly know what you were/are going through. I like your suggestion you made regarding a strict weekend. I think I will do that it will be a good time for me to try and prepare some meals for the work week, and to actuallyget going with the "diet" plan. I hate diets, but it's exactly what I need and I know that.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #146  
This IS it...

Hey all,

Lindy...don't beat yourself up over taco bell. Try to have a great dinner tonight (by great I mean low in calories) and work off that mexi-whatever. lol. I hope it was good! I know the soda was good. Taco Bell has the best soda on earth!

I have been sooooooooo busy today. I'm a tax accountant and the end of the year is always crazy for accountants. But here at my firm, we work in a specialized field and we have three different big types of tax work due soon. So we are working on all three at once. Plus my boss is IN THE FREAKIN BAHAMAS ON A CRUISE. So I am taking all of the calls he usually takes, plus sending out stuff to clients that he usually sends out, plus trying to make his numbers look good for when he returns. I haven't left my desk since 10 to use the bathroom, eat or drink until a few minutes ago. I have a bag of baked cheetos in my drawer for munchy times. I left home late so I had no breakfast, brought no lunch, and so now I just had a serving of baked cheetos and found a applesauce of mine in the fridge. Luckily I am not hungry because I am so crazy right now. I jsut can't believe the day is almost over!!! I want to work tomorrow but I can't because I'm not salary yet and I can't get overtime. So it all has to wait until Monday. Also, right after work I have to go do a job for my mom cause she overscheduled herself. She does mortgage closings and I used to work for her, so if she is in a bind, I do work for her occassionaly. Then, right after that, me and the DF have plans to go to the movies with another couple to see Bride Wars and then dinner with them.

It's like I haven't stopped since Wed. night!!! Last night worked so late, straight to the gym, then home and bed and back up again this morning. Luckily tomorrow is a complete relax day for me. I have to try super hard not to sleep to late and screw up my schedule. I love sleep. ARGH.

Can you tell my stress level in my typing? It probably doesn't make too much sense. Luckily I have no food and I'm not hungry or I would probably be piggin out right now.

I hope everyone is having a better day. Lindy, you too! I hope it's better now.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

My husband and I went to a cafe for lunch and they didnt have french fries, so instead I ordered american fries. Why did I make such a stupid choice? I will have to workout extra hard tonight to work it all off. I bought some of the 100 calorie packs for snacks. I also found some fruit bar popsicles that are only 100 calories and so yummy. I weighed myself and I am down 3 lbs, I dont know about now after the potatoes. Hopefully, I can keep it at 3 down.

Good luck to everyone.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #148  

Lindy- It's okay. Don't let one bad meal get you down. I feel like you are allowed to splurge like once a week, as long as you stay on track and don't go on a binge. You'll get back there.

TC-I know how stressful it must be today, but look at it this way. You're staying busy which will do wonders for your diet/weight loss! Be good at the movies! =)

Rayne-3lbs!!! Great job!!!! I'm so jealous!

Kitycat- Minor fluctuations in your weight will happen. You have to look at the bigger trend over a longer period of time. Don't look at just one measurement and take that as fact. Your body can weigh between 2-4 lbs different depending on the time of day. It's different for everyone. I have found that morning's are when I'm my lowest and at night I usually weigh 2lbs more. You'll be fine. Hang in there!

I'm feeling good on my diet so far. Still not much of a weight loss to mention. But overall I've been SLOWLY creeping down. I wanted to lose a lot more before my vacation was over, but oh well. I'm still proud of myself. I did some tae bo last night. Woah!!!! That stuff is no joke! I ended up fastforwarding through a couple parts. haha. I'm gonna keep with it though, because it's easier than going to the gym and I feel like it works my whole body, rather than just cardio.. which is what I usually do.

The weekend always scares me. I went completely off my diet last weekend when I went drinking with friends.. and then went for breakfast afterwards. Gotta look at the bigger goal..

Last edited by Neesy_20; 01-09-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #149  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Tc- Have fun at the movies, and good luck it sounds like it will be fun and you are in need or some relaxation. Sometimes I think it's better to be busy, for me then I don't think of eating, I am an eater when I am bored. ad flaw, I know.

Rayne - Congrats!! 3 pounds, that it so wondrful. Keep up the great work.

Lindy - I still think as long as you can think positive and move forward regardless of your lunch choices it can get better. I am trying that advice mysself. As I tend to think after I eat something I shouldn't that I should give up. But, we have to learn from our mistakes and maybe just work harder next time. I truely believe this.

Nessy- Thanks so much for all your pointers, I am really loving all of the advise. I actually tend to weigh myself at night (before bed) and then feel soo bad but it's too late to actually do anything about it. I think if I weigh in the morning it will be motivation to eat better that day. Or at least weigh in every couple days.

This weekend I am planning on taking it easy, and really try to get this started for me and I NEED to intake lots and lots of water. I feel way too bloated this week. I recently just got over flu and haven't been feeling all the greatest yet, I am hoping to just relax this weekend as last weekend was busy and way too many calories had some drinks with friends. It was fun but I need to get a plan going.
the biggest flaw I have is not preparing any meals having an office job where everyone eats out for lunch daily. I tried bringing lunch in a few days here and there, it's hard to eat leftovers, when everyone else is going out for lunch.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #150  

Kity- I worked at an office for almost 4 years. When I started, I weighed 180, then by the end.. I weighed my highest 240. We had an hour for lunch and I worked across the street from our downtown mall.. which has this huge food court. Needless to say.. I expanded my debt and my stomach.
Now.. I'm a nurse. I haven't gained any more weight since I left the office job, but It is still hard to lose even being on my feet for 12-13hrs a day. Especially since they have "food day" at work almost EVERY DAY!!!! ahh! The temptation is crazy.
Closed Thread