Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 10:22 PM   #31  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Melody I am soo sorry about you lil sis. OH what a terrible thing to happen to her. give her some hugs for me then turn them on you. you need some for support!!! I did notice that you were gone many of us tend to drift in and out at different times i ama a big one who will do that i tend not to worry unless it is really long. or if you have been doing badly drifting frequently then just up and missing. next tiem drop a line just to ask for some prayers for her we love to give support!!!! PLEASE??? I hat e the thought that you have had to go though all that yourself. I know you have had some family there but they are all busy with their crisises that are going on you have been hit by many whamys! {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} stay strong and do spend time to break down.

I need some umph here I have a gal down in texas giving me a swift kick in the butt. it should help. so I can say that i am sick of frosting!!!!

I will be posting my daily menues for accountability starting tomorow so please give me a real kick in the but if you see things that should not be there.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:44 PM   #32  

Default I AM OFF TO WARM WEATHER AND SUNSHINE

Hello everyone,

first of all, Melody, my heart goes out to ya girl.....how awful for you.....I am sending hugs ((((((( )))))))) your way.....I will say a prayer for your sis and your family...(boyfriend included)...sounds like he has had a rough way to go lately ........

I am leaving thurs. Morning for Fla....ahhh, cant wait to get in the sunshine and warmth...I love it.....I wont be back till Memorial weekend so everyone take care of each other....

I will get lots of walking in down there and my eating isnt usually too bad.....so my goal is to maintain...then when I get home WATCH OUT!!!! My friend and I are going to start walking and my daughter and I are going to walk the track around her ball field.....so here we go............ BUT, vacation first...then I will return to work fulltime (not looking forward to that) but I am glad to have the opportunity for the job....

so, everyone take care...talk to ya when I get home.......
Old 05-15-2002, 08:41 AM   #33  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello all...

Things here are starting to calm down a little. Baby sis got all her stitches out, and her nose splints out (OUCH) on Monday. She is still really broke out from the medicine, but her swelling in her cheeks is gone...so now all we are waiting for is her lip and her nose. The DR. told her that the little tiny tubes that help carry the swelling out of her lip were cut, and they first have to heal before the swelling will go down. I can't wait...it is wearing thin on her, and I hate to see her so down on herself. She was such a pretty girl...and she will be again, but she says she feels like a monster. What is worse is some people treat her that way. My older sis took her to a yard sale Saturday, and a lady there kept giving her dirty looks, and wrinkling her nose a t her, and rolling her eyes. I knew the lady and when baby sis told me I wanted to go beat her!!! ( No use for me to get arrested though...we have enough trouble!) But it really hurt Autumn, and she cried. Any idiot can see she has been in some kind of accident...people are such @ssh*les!!!

BF gets his hand set today...another ouch!!! He talked to his lawyer on Monday and they are going to try to get the human civil liberties union to take his case...they are really good, and it will save us money so pray they take it!

As for dieting...I haven't been, but I feel smaller, and I love it. I have been alot more active, and haven't been eating as much. It seems like the stress of not dieting helped me lose a few pounds...when i was trying I guess I was focusing on food too much, now food is not a big deal, and I eat less of it. I will weigh in on Friday and see what Mr. Scale says...

Thanks for all of the prayers...I need them right now!

terry have a great trip to the sunshine state!! I have never been there! I am so jealous!

Sue....here's ya some kicks in the rear end....send some my way too...I at least should be walking!>>>>>>>>(kicks>>>>>>>. Your continued motivation astounds me!

Have a nice day ladies!
Old 05-15-2002, 02:37 PM   #34  
Muscle Mommy

Default My dramatic life!

Hello again!

I just popped back in to fill you in on the next segment of Drama that is my life! BF went to the Dr, to get his hand set and they could not set it!!!!! His bone in his hand below your pinkie knuckle was upside down inside his hand!!!! OUCH! He has to have surgery tomorrow to fix that and they are going to put a metal plate in his hand! They told him that he may never be able to have full use of it again...and for those of you who do not know...he works in maintenance at a factory...his hands are how he makes his money...the doctor wants him off for 6 weeks, but he is going back sooner on light duty for awhile.

Well, that's the saga of me for another day! Keep us in your prayers and hope that everything will turn out alright! Type at ya in the AM.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:32 AM   #35  
Trying to find my way.

Hi! I am keeping your sister in my prayers.

Holly cow they must have messed his hand up really BAD!!! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers that they can do some things with his hand. I did want to say that he should not go back to work or the dissability will say that he is capable of returning to full duties and earn an income, so he will get much less if anything cuz he can work. get the doc to pull him out completely if you can swing it finanically.

I am holding my own today so fat. keep me in your good thoughts for being good.

I must run i have another busy day today. but just wanted to stop in and let you know i was thinking of you
Old 05-17-2002, 02:57 PM   #36  
Muscle Mommy

Hellio ladies!

Josh came through surgery okay. He is just sore. They put a metal plate in his hand and four screws. He is not allowed to do anything with that hand fjor at least 3 weeks. i mean nothing...not even move his fingers. He goes to court Monday...haven't heard anything back yet about the HCLU...

Baby sis is doing better....She just wishes the swelling would go down, and now her face is peeling....she is still broke out. I can't wait until she is back to herself. i don't think any of us will be the same ever again though!

Well just wanted to pop in and say Hi and you guys are in my thoughts...
Old 05-17-2002, 04:42 PM   #37  
Trying to find my way.

Just want to say that i "saw" Lee!!!!

melody glad that Josh came through surgery ok! and that sis is healing. take it easy and breath a sigh of relief now. rest then get back on schedule!

Give me some strenght here i bought some french fires for dinner tonight. I have been great but will be nibbeling on them so i will need some strength to keep them down to a minimum
Old 05-20-2002, 01:45 AM   #38  
gbo

Heavens to Betsy ....Melody! I know I haven't been gone that long!!! {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}
Darlin, when it rains it pours but hang tough. It takes time but I promise it gets better.
Tell Hubby not to take anything for granted at the factory. Make sure you all have a really good lawyer that will WORK for you. The company Doctors are there for the company only! Believe me I know.Take nothing at face value not even a smiling face. I learned that the hard way. I am so sorry that Autumn was so hurt by a dumb woman. Sometimes our own mortality is more than a person can cope with. Insensitive people do abound but most people are not so stupid and unfeeling. I am sure your Sister will be fine and as lovely as ever but keep her spirits up as much as possible. Attitude during such "challenges" as these are important for her. My e has a gas can blow up in his face and he was swollen and skin peeling, well just awful. Durn if when he healed he didn't look younger and better than he ever did. He had a face peel!!!! No plastic surgeon either!
Mind you a chance at a plastic surgeon to improve those little trouble spots I wouldn't sneeze at. At my age I have a few areas I would love to have an excuse to improve.
I am not making light of the situtation but everything offers and oppretunity( can't spell tonight ) for the good. Even the worst life can toss at you can bring the good if you look for it. So hang in there my prayers are with you and your family. God Bless.
Pam
Old 05-20-2002, 08:39 AM   #39  
Muscle Mommy

Thanks Pam and Sue for your encouragement and prayers...

Josh is doing okay. His hand is still bothering him, but the pain killers seem to help some. He goes back to work tomorrow. I don't know what he can do, he only has one hand, but his boss said they would find him something to do so he wouldn't have to go on short term disability...I just hope this works out. We found out the cop who broke his hand was sent to CA for a month...we are wondering what is going on....

Autumn is doing better...she looks almost normal. I think her scarring is going to be at a minimum, she still has some of the rash , and I can't wait til it is gone. She got to put on her eye make up the other day and it made her feel more like her. She borrowed my car yesterday and drove for the first time since the wreck. She is returning to "herself". I am happy to see it. Her top lip is still a little swollen, but it is almost normal as well. She goes back to the doctor today for a check up.

Well, my life is still in upheaval, but slowly returning to normal....whatever that is. We only have 7 more days of school left, and I can not wait. It is going to be beautiful....2 months off! I am hoping to use all that extra time to get into an exercise routine, and drop some pounds. I'm not quite mentally ready to get back on the wagon yet though...

How is everyone doing? I hope everyone has a grand day!
Closed Thread