Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #31  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Intermittent sun and a high of 13C predicted here for today . . . seems perfectly fitting since I'm finally getting my snow tires put on this afternoon . . .
Old 12-02-2008, 08:32 AM   #32  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We were supposed to get a huge storm and there were Warning! notices on the weather websites but not a darn thing happened! Good thing because I'm off to town after I work the Food Bank this morning. "Town" is either Brockville or Smiths Falls, a half hour drive either way. The "city" is Ottawa (90 minutes) or Kingston (55 minutes). The joys of rural living.

I hope everyone makes some progress in some way today - even if it's just getting dressed which I must do RIGHT NOW!

It'd be really helpful if folks would add their village or area to their profile. I see "Ontario" a lot and it's a pretty darn big province. If you don't want to be specific, "near Toronto" or something would help.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It was absolutely wicked here when I was driving home last night. I'm not much good at that and I was quaking by the time I got here. 2b125by45 would have gone slippy slidin' ... I did
Old 12-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #34  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default thankgiving for our friends

wow, signed in this morning and wow, has this forum exploded with threads!
Now that our American friends have survived Thanksgiving they are really active. I give thanks for them, they add a lot.
Weather here was wicked yesterday, lots of slippy sliding snowy stuff.
am going to put on my cross country skiis today and enjoy my huge property. it is getting to hard to walk thru snow that is 40 cm deep!
Old 12-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #35  
Loves horses and bikes

S/C/G: 169/144/134

Height: 5'6"

Erinmagill -
Good to meet someone else from Vic. I miss it so much - the ocean, the islands, and being able to be outside all winter.
But I guess snow can be fun too.
How do you like Edmonton?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #36  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Fatmad, 30 cm of snow I cannot imagine. I have yet to see that in all my winters here in Wardsville. This town use to gets lots of snow being so close to the snowbelt but since I moved here in '91 I haven't seen a really big snowfall yet. Although London has had a few and 2 weeks ago Arkona got it really bad. On TV it was a meter high that's 3 feet in non-metric terms. Although I would love to see that kind of snow once.

I am so glad that 3FC's powers-that-be changed my username. When I orignally joined the board in 2005 I wasn't as determined and hadn't really set a goal. With this user name which I try to use on everything I join that is weight loss related states a specific goal and is a constant reminder for me.

Ruthxxx, For you I change where I am from to my specific town with population so everyone can see I come from a very tiny town. By the way at least 1/4 of that population is in the nursing home across the street from where I live.

LMB
Old 12-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #37  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

We are having unseasonably warm weather right now. It is 1 degree right now. We have some snow, and this past Thursday it got up to about 13 and it rained...talk about slippery! The town I work in is about 35 km from where I live, and Thursday evening, there were about 50 cars that slid off the road and were abandoned on that 35 km stretch of road. An RCMP officer (they closed the road) said seeing so many abandoned vehicles reminded him of the movie "I am Legend".
Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 AM   #38  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile Happy Hump Day to you All.

My Wednesday starts out very cold. Chill factor has us down to -11 this morning. I am getting an early start today b/c I want to pick up my DH's pay and take it to the bank before I pick up my first student. If I do it this way I don't have to do any back tracking and I can stay in the city.

I have lost 10 pounds so far, 7 this week. Most of it is just water and waste but its a good start. I got 20 min . on the gazelle last night watching NCIS and crocheted 3 more rows on to my scarf I am making.

I find crocheting a very good distraction from snacking after supper. I used crocheting as a distraction after I quit smoking so I thought I would try it again for food. Its working.

They say the sun is suppose to come out here today, I am really hoping so before the next snow storm.

Have an nice day.

LMB
Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #39  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

You are sooooo right, LMB, hand-work does help -- I crochet, knit, sew, quilt -- it is hard to eat while your hands are busy crafting.

Nothing too exciting around here -- trying to get the wrapping finished so I can mail parcels to Ontario and Alberta tomorrow. After that is finished up, I can get back to the knitting I've currently got on the go. I'm also getting that almost impossible to ignore urge to go on the annual 'baking binge'. Unfortunately that almost always leads to eating too much of what I bake.

Our weather is still unseasonably mild and although they are calling for sun today, I haven't seen any yet.

Have a great Wednesday . . .
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #40  

I had a much nicer drive home from work last night. There was some spotty drifting but the road was mostly clear and nothing was falling from the sky.

We're forecast to go to +3 today but it's chilly so far. I threw on a sweater to take the recycling out and was not warm enough!

Has anyone got any really good deals or inspirational ideas for Christmas gifts?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:08 AM   #41  
Onward and Downward

I got one of these for myself and liked it so much I went back and got them for a bunch of people . . . not exactly a 'glamour' present . . . but it really, really works . . . http://www.homehardware.ca/Products/...utter_safe_cut
Old 12-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #42  

Those do look neat! My kitchen scissor disappear all the time!

I got a nice dolly who giggles at Winners for $8. She's very cute and the giggle is infectious.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi all - I've been away for awhile. Time really flew by for some reason and I got out of the habit of checking out the forum.

I wasn't such a frequent poster that I'm sure I'll be remembered, so I'll reintroduce myself

I live in Montreal, am originally from Nova Scotia, and I just turned 40 I've been working on losing weight for the past year, and spent the summer in a holding pattern, weight wise, but the scales have started to budge again.

I have two special needs cats, a noisy parrot, and one DH. We have an elliptical at home, and I do light weights as well. This fall, I have finally gotten up the guts to do something I have wanted to do for years - I have started belly dancing!

BP
Old 12-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #44  
Onward and Downward

Welcome back BOPEEP . . .

And a great big GOOD MORNING to everybody else . . .

Northeastern Nova Scotia is sunny and mild today -- high of 8 predicted -- but boy is it ever windy.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #45  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Canucks!
Happy December.
I check in here from time to time as well, but I mostly neglect to say hello...so hello from Saskatchewan.
Weather update.... I've never seen such a lack of snow so late into the year. We haven't had any snow to stay as of yet...And of course having had said that we'll head straightaway into a blizzard by this afternoon. lol

Bopeep! Nice job on the Belly Dancing. I think that'd be awesome!
My husband and I are wanting to start tai chi in February. I'm so excited about doing an activity with him. We haven't ever taken a class together so it should be fun.
anyways...Everyone have a lovely thursday!
Tam
Closed Thread