Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #76  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Michelle - you cracked me up with the ornaments and garland remark on Shad's bra
Old 12-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #77  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I am sooo sore! uch: DH insisted on snowblowing the driveway, so I "raked" the snow off the roof - using upper body muscles I didn't know I had. Then I shoveled the front walkway, dug out our inflatable penguins so that they would inflate properly rather than burn out their motors trying to push themselves up through all the snow. Then I snowblowed the back patio and cleared a path around the yard for the dogs to run and play and "go" as the snow is just about over their heads now. I did more snow work than "work" work, but I'll go into work extra early tomorrow to get caught up. Right now, I'm just too darn sore to even think straight.

I'm glad I skipped the gym last night....I can't even imagine what it would've been like today if my muscles were a tad sore to start with. And needless to say, I won't be going to the gym tonight...I dare say I got a plenty good workout!!

I'm already pretty much tired of winter...and it's not even the middle of December - we have about 4 more months left of winter.

Happy - I hope you made it to work (and home) okay and that the autobon crazies weren't anywhere near you.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 12-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've had company today. The guy who was training before was back today. Most of the monitoring he can do. He still has some trouble with the lab tests.

Happy
We had rain too. I had to leave for work this morning in a thunder boomer.
Tonight it's snow flurries.

Mel
Hope the paper work solves your problems.

There is nothing going on around here.

Have a good day/night.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #79  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Bon Matin tout les monde

Not much happening around here apart from more work. I am finishing here on the 18th. Going home and at the moment haven't got anything in the pipeline for next year. Ever the optimist, I will plan for January off and renovations in the house and garden.
I guess I will need to put the cv out there again for the world to see.

Mel - during the last great depression - which I wasn't around to witness I might add, the NZ Government put people out to work on building roads and infrastructure instead of paying out dole money for doing nothing. As a result, the country came out of the depression with good roads, good ports, good drainage etc. I'm not saying the place was perfect but it sure beat the doing nothing syndrome which results from people not being able to achieve. I'm hoping that something like that will come out of this world wide crisis and that will also give people something to do other than annoy, maim or kill older people and shoot stray dogs.

Gotta get off my soapbox and get back to work. I'll be back. It's hi ho to another meeting where nothing much will be achieved. I should be used to it.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #80  

Guten Abend

I came back just to finish off the personals. I still have a stack of work to do today including now dealing with the 'help' desk - of the variety mostly that 'hello this is the no-help desk, how may I not help you today?' Just another thing for me to yell at. I had to yell at the ISP provider this morning. Well not exactly at the help desk man, but when you ring the joint, this woman answers. She is a robot woman. She tells me she can understand thousands of words. Unfortunately she can not decipher an accent even one as basic as mine. She doesn't of course tell you that bit. And we get frustrated and they wonder why. Phooey.

Ceejay - glad to hear you have some sort of company there. Keep standing up for your rights. You are not anyones slave. Or maybe that is what we all should be. After all you can't fire slaves, they have to be sold!!!!

Michelle - sounds like a great workout for you blowing all that snow. Did you have to get up on the roof to do it?? Good job you can work from home! Love it.

Happy - before I forget I must go and put in some links for your DH. I haven't got his e-mail addy here, but I know he will be impressed with these two items in the news recently.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...55-421,00.html
and
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...25-421,00.html
Let me know if they don't come through for you. Personally I think the Dads should be handed a medal and made Father of the Year.
It's not the old v new that can't comprehend the simplicity - it's them thar configurers and programmers that seem to think that if the transaction is simple it must be missing something. Yep Half a brain should fix it.

Hope Annie is doing okay on her Intro to Humana course and gets home safely.
And all the other wee worldlies - Yeah g'day maties

Gotta go. Lunch is done and I need to stir up the IT desk. Yippee
Old 12-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #81  

Grrrrr... Travelling in winter - what fun. Left home at 2:30 to drive thru heavy snow to the airport, where the only parking spot was on the roof. I'll have some shoveling to do on Friday! Then into the airport to wait for my delayed flight - finally got off 1hr15 min late, after de-icing. All seemed well, but it was not to be. The downtown airport was closed because of rain - I'm not sure why rain impedes landing, but... So off to the big airport, or at least an out-of-the-way corner thereof. After another lengthy wait, loaded onto a bus to head downtown via the international airport (don't ask). Finally arrived at my hotel a total of 3 hours late, a trip that would have been faster by train! But the saga doesn't end there. There was still the 70 minute fight to connect to the overpriced internet service - which still works only intermittently. Finally at 9:20 connected and found an email from Mel telling me she wouldn't be able to join me for our weekly Biggest Loser email connection!!! Arrrghh!!!! More fun awaits tomorrow when I explain to the hotel why they're providing free internet for the week. And of course a very busy day, as my colleague never did get out of town and will try to fly in in the morning.

Anyway, this extremely slow connction may die again soon.so I'd better sign off and head out for a lightning visit to the local 24 hr grocery before I hit the hay. Tomorrow: yummy dinner with Madcat!!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #82  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE~ WOW! YOU ARE GETTING A LOAD OF SNOW! GUESS YOUR WHITE CHRISTMAS IS ASSURED!!!
GLAD TO HEAR THE HAND IS IMPROVING BUT HE BETTER BE CAREFUL WITH ALL THIS SHOVELING. HOPE HIS AND YOURS SPIRITS ARE HOLDING UP AS WELL!! IT MUST BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO WORK AT HOME. SOMETIMES I LIKE LIVING OVER THE OFFICE WEATHER IS NEVER A PROBLEM!

HAPPY~ SENDING YOU THE INVISIBLE SHIELD!! I JUST TESTED IT TO MAKE SURE IT STILL WORKS AND DUSTED IT OFF TO SEND OUT ASAP!!! IT LOKS VAGUELY LIKE AN UMBRELLA!!!

GOING TO POST THIS SO I CAN TRY TO GET TO THE NEXT PAGE THAT WOULD NOT LOAD....
Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #83  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE....I SEE YOU GOT TO DO ONE HECK OF A WORKOUT!! OMG!!! YOU WON'T NEED TO EXERCISE FOR A MONTH IF THIS KEEPS UP!! WATCH THOSE LUNGS WITH COLD AND EXERTION BREATHING!!!

CEEJAY..HOPE HE IS A FASTER LEARNER THIS TIME AROUND!! GOOD LUCK!

SHAD~ LORD KNOWS WE COULD USE SOME RENNOS DONE TO OUR ROADS!! IT WOULD SURE BEAT PEOPLE SITTING AROUND ON THE DOLE TWIDDLING THEIR THUMBS! GOOD IDEA...I WILL SEND IT TO BUSHIE AND SEE IF IT FLOATS! THEN IT'S DEFINITE THE JOB IS OVER???

CARLA...SORRY ABOUT THE LEAKY COMMUNITY ROOM. JUST THE OTHER DAY IT WAS THE ELECTRIC ROOM! GOT DONE AFTER 10 BUT I WATCHED IT ANYWAY...WELL I KIND OF FAST FORWARDED A BIT. I AM PRAYING THAT MICHELLE WINS...IS THAT HER NAME?....I FORGET!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CRAPPY TRAVELING!! HAVE FUN WITH MISSY MADCAT AND GIVE HER A HUG FOR ME

RAIN HER TOO AND VERY MILD TEMPS TODAY...WILL BE ALMOST 50 THEY SAY. I EVEN HAD THE BEDROOM WINDOW OPENED A BIT LAST NIGHT. WE HAD A LEAK ON THE LOBBY FLOOR THAT LASTED TILL AFTER 10PM. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED. THE PEOPLE WERE WATCHING A MOVIE AND HAD THE NERVE TO SHOW ANNOYANCE AT BEING DISTURBED. THEY FINALLY GAVE UP AND LEFT SO I GOT TO WATCH SOME OF THE BL DOWN THERE.
FOR SOME REASON I WAS ACHY ALL OVER AND ENDED UP TAKING SOME PAIN PILLS. NO SLEEP TILL AFTE 3:30!!!
BUT I WOKE AROUND 8 AND FEEL STRANGELY WELL RESTED...MUST BE THE CODEINE
JEN IS ON HER WAY HERE AND WE ARE TACKLING HER PROBLEM TODAY. OFF TO EAT SOME BREAKFAST.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY
Old 12-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #84  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Thanks for the shield Mel - it worked Last night's drive home was a teeth clencher. I don't see well in the dark and avoid night driving as much as possible but there are times it's unavoidable. DH offered to drive me to work yesterday but it's almost an hour and a half both trips and 40 miles in one day back and forth so I try to only do it when I need it. SHOULD have taken him up on it yesterday. It was pouring here - we got 3 inches of rain yesterday. (Would have been 4 feet of snow if it was colder). The drive to work wasn't too awful - I stayed in the middle lane on high ground as much as possible and went slower because we were all hydroplaning and cars in the rightmost lane where the big puddles of water were spraying out shots of water over 6 feet high. Coming home was even worse. Many of the streets were flooded and it was a big mess. However, for the first time since I have been down here, people were courteous because there were parts where we had to merge all the way to the left to get around deep pools of water and people were doing the speed limit or a bit under instead of the raging maniacs they generally are. With the streets flooded, you couldn't see the lane markers which was particularly hairy on one long stretch of road I take that is only one lane in each direction with a deep trench on my side. Made it home safe and sound and DH took me to my Diabetes class later on. Water is gone now, replaced by near to freezing temps and cold winds.

Poor Carla what you describe is why I think I could never take a job as you and Shad do travelling about. What an ordeal! Hope you at least got some quality sleep and that you can meet up with your partner and carry out the task.

Shad - I LOVED those stories!!! I sent the links to DH as he was already asleep when I read them. Can't believe the one little devil got punished and turned around and did it again. What is it with kids now???? I hope the next round of cv submissions gets you a few nibbles. Of course being away so much, I suppose it's good to have some catch up time at home.

Oooh Michelle - sending you some Ben-Gay Snow is DEFINITELY a work out. Even if you're just pushing the light, fluffy stuff which you weren't. Your post reminded me of when you put out the Christmas decorations in the yard and then a couple of good snows and they are buried, although the colored lights underneath the snow can be kind of pretty on the bushes. I forgot you have to keep the area clear with the blow up decorations. Bet the penquins look really cute with the snow. I checked the weather forecast and though there are a few days of some light snow, it's supposed to warm up enough for a cold rain to wash it away and thus far looks like we won't have any weather related issues on our trip.

I have turned into a traffic weenie as well as a weather weenie living down here. One of the worst things about going back home is the traffic is so horrendous - not used to it being that bad and up there it's everywhere ALL the time. 9pm here you can go out on the main road, throw a rock and maybe you might hit 1 car. It's like they roll the sidewalks in at night.

Time for me to get on the road. Hello Ceejay and the rest of the chicks
Old 12-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #85  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

How the heck did it get to be December 10th and I've not checked in with my Worldly buddies?

Been as busy as usual this month but cans see light at the end of the tunnel. My shopping is done - mainly gift cards and charitable donations. That's the way to go with friends and relatives who lack nothing but I usually end up spending more that way since there are so many worth causes.

Been working hard on Food Bank and Christmas hampers. Things are bad around here and getting worse for some folks as the plants in the nearest towns (Brockville, Kingston and Smiths Falls) are laying off folks. I'm counting my blessings!

Today was supposed to be a vet appointment for wee Jazz. The vet just called me on her cell and cancelled our appointment. The driving is way too bad out there to brave it for a non-essential appointment. She drives through Delta and could have come in for a coffee and checked the pup here.

The dogs and I will have a cozy morning with Christmas music, candles and a bit of hand sewing. Life is good!

Disney the Katrina Rescue Dog was interviewed last week for the local rag and the reporter took tons of pictures. I'll attach one and wish you all an early Merry Christmas!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #86  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies -

I'm super busy at work today so this will be quick. Thankfully, I'm not nearly as sore as yesterday. Last night, I took a couple of the meds that I used to take for my back, and I fell asleep watching TV at 7:30 - which was fine with me...I was exhausted. I woke up at 4:30 feeling refreshed, so I got dressed and went into work. I knew I'd have a lot to get done today, since I didn't accomplish much work-wise yesterday.

Please ladies, think good thoughts for my DH. He is seeing the doctor about his hand infection today, and he has two interviews tomorrow and a second interview on Friday.

Shad - From what I've read, during the Great Depression here, the government put people out to work in a program called the WPA (I think). They also did infrastructure projects and even built the Hoover Dam. I, too, hope they come up with some good ideas to help pull us out of this recession/depression. Luckily I didn't have to get up on the roof to rake the snow off (as I'm really afraid of ladders). I just use this huge rake at the end of a long metal pole....fling it up on the roof about 6' in from the edge, stand back and pull all the snow down! Great upper body workout!

Ceejay - I hope your trainee learns quickly and takes good notes so he can be trusted to go solo eventually.

Annie - I hope training is going well! :hifive:

Carla - Sounds like a traveling nightmare! I hope you enjoy your dinner with Madcat tonight!

Mel - Sorry, but I do not want to hear about White Christmases or Let it Snow. Those songs, which I normally really like, are grating on my nerves and sore muscles right about now. It is nice to work from home, but I don't get to very often. Which is probably good...it's easier to get distracted at home. Thanks for your concern regarding my lungs and exertion. I did okay yesterday...I wore a ski mask (a pretty red penguin fleece material so not a bank robber type). Wow! You're opening windows in the middle of December? Are you sure you're in Jersey?

Happy - I'm glad you made it home okay. Wet, slick roads and hydroplaning is really scary. Thanks for sending the Ben Gay....must be why I'm feeling better. I'll try and take a photo of our lawn decorations this week (one during the day and one at night). Of course, it's pretty snow-covered...so some stuff (including our penguin pathway lights) are completely buried. Glad to hear you won't have any weather issues for your trip. When are you heading up north and for how long? Sorry, you probably mentioned it, but the snow has fried/frozen my brain.

Ruth - Good for you for getting your shopping done. How nice to make charitable donations as gifts for those who have everything. So thoughtful of you to work so hard with the food bank and other charities! I hope you enjoy your cozy morning! I just love those this time of year!! What a beautiful photo of you and Disney!

I am doing something different for my lunch break today. My company's Wellness Center is sponsoring a strength training workshop today and next Wednesday over the lunch hour! Should be a lot of fun and even though I've done lots of strength training, I may even learn a few new moves or techniques to build the muscles, strengthen the bones and boost my metabolism.

Well, ladies, I've got to get back to work. Here's to a great day for all of us!

Love and big hugs,
Old 12-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #87  
Choose your hard

For your DH Michelle

What a great picture Ruth - very cute and festive!!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #88  

Ruth - great picture. Better send us a link to the article when it comes out. We need to know what Disney said to the reporter. Hope she didn't make insinuations about life in the frozen north. Did Jazz join in as well?
Have a lovely Christmas with the family. Come back all refreshed and ready to go for another year of bliss and mayhem.
Wish my shopping was done and dusted.

Carla - oh the fun of travel especially in your winter. Have fun with Madcat, give her a big hug from me and wish her and the DH a very merry Christmas.

Mel - not much point in sending ideas to Bushie - he is history. Send 'em to Obama.
It's definite I am going home on the 18th. At this time I am not coming back. They realise there is still much to do here, but with Rio's announcement yesterday of 14000 jobs to go worldwide (8500 contractors and 5500 employees) there is not much point in training anyone until the dust settles and the new game starts playing out.
Sounds like you could do with some renos to the building as well. Leaks everywhere. What a pain.

Happy - I was amazed that he did it again as well. Maybe he got goaded into it by the kids on the bus or something, I don't know, but if his dad carries out the threat the kid will be walking for longer each day than he is at school! As for the other story, those two teenagers were on tv last night. They didn't show their faces, but they apparently had the tv cameras in the street filming the damage and theft of the lights and decorations when these two went blubbering and shaking up to knock on the door of the house. The man was very decent to them I thought, he did tell them off and he did accept their apology and he said that he felt they showed courage and promise to accept their own stupidity and spend their money on replacing the decorations. Well done to that Dad hey!
Hope the weather clears somewhat for your going to work and then to go North. I'm going home to heat, humidity, storms, rain and no doubt flies.

Michelle - glad to hear that you weren't on the roof and pushing the snow. Talking of ladders, I saw a great new gadget on tv last week which fits into the guttering and can be clamped to the sides of the ladder to stop it from moving, falling or shifting. I must look out for one of those the next time I go to Joy Heaven (hardware store)
Thoughts are with the DH for his interviews - hope something wonderful comes out of them. Better get that hand fixed for the new job.

For me it is back to the Body Balance class again tonight. Don't actually feel like it yet, I've got a sinus headache that is sending power drills through the right side of my face. I think I might take some of the weekend off since there will be technology upgrades going on for part of Saturday and Sunday. And with that I had better get going. I want the Planners guide and the Data Entry guide finished tomorrow for proof reading and testing. So I had better go get on with it.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ruth
The picture of you and Disney is great. I do a lot of donations this time of year also.

Happy
Glad you made it okay driving yesterday. I've never like to drive at night. Wow you drive an hour both ways to work!

Shad
I like the quote.

hello to everyone else

I'm still at work and craving a pizza.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:13 AM   #90  

Merry Christmas,
I lost the site for a couple of days but hopefully everything is working well again. It is starting to be the busy and hurry up time of year. So many things to do and bake and send and wrap and nooooo time. Oh well, I am enjoying the decorations and trying remain focused on the best of this season.

My brother had a stroke last weekend and he is a hermit personality and didn't even call anyone for days to get help. He is doing quite well at this point. Living as far away as I do my sis is doing lots of leg work to help him out and I think and feel like I am in trouble .....for being here and she is there!

Oh Ruth I think the pic of you and Disney is just great. He or is it she looks like such a fun personality and companion. Hope the article is good. Let us know how it all turns out.

Well, I am up with too much energy in the middle of the night again....full moon on the rise..... and will try to turn in once again. Blessings to all and good health.......
Peace,
Nae
Closed Thread