Old 11-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #76  
kitty Momo

It is just a fast check in!!

I have to run and pay for next weeks day care for Gaby, you have to do it before Friday and the office will be closed.......so......

It is wonderful to have you back Kathy!!! yay

Getting Gaby at noon and heading for Portland to be w/ the girls. I will have more time on the ex's computer to catch up. I can even sit there and drink wine and write up a storm! Sounds like a plan. lol

Life is stressful here w/ Gaby's father so send some major good vibes my way. I just wanna kick him in the shins sometime (among other places).

Job is going well, last week of training, thank goodness. I need more time in the OB though because they have 3 different beds and they are all made different. yada, yada....

It is beautiful here on the coast though.

*sigh.........anyway, no rest for the wicked.....haha

catch you all tonight at happy hour!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-26-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:49 PM   #77  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 11-26-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #78  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Kathy...so good to see you posting, missed ya!

Susan...glad the training is almost over for you. And be careful driving to Portland. I'll kick the ex for ya! Sending good vibes : :

Sue...glad the doc visit went well for your momma. Glad to hear about the condo, keeping my fingers crossed that the inspection passes with flying colors! We do like the wallpaper house, just don't care for all the wallpaper, lol. It's an old house (built in 1905) something I have wanted for many, many years. I love the character and charm of the old houses over teh cookie cutter ones they are building now days. We are thinking we are going to put an offer on it once we figure out what, lol. Sorry to hear about your DD, lots of hugs to her and you.

Francie...glad you are feeling better and remembering your mom happily.

Sassy...have a nice mini-pre-thanksgiving dinner.

Hiya Katy, Asia, Tammy, Jules, Kristi and anyone reading this. Always, feel like I am missing someone, sorry if I do/did, definitely not intentional.

I have been busy the last two days and I am afraid it won't stop until Friday. I will get to rest then, I think.

The dh was home Monday & Tuesday...went to look at that house, and to Cambrie's little Thanksgiving, sort of mini-dinner...mainly just snacks...crackers w/cheese, deviled eggs...stuff like that. But she was so cute singing her Thanksgiving songs. Tuesday...did my grocery shopping and glad I did. It was a little crazy that morning so I can only imagine how it was later, and is today. Although, I did hit the mall this morning. Was trying to get an idea for Charlotte for Christmas...something for her, actually something else for her to finish her off. next year I am going to have them make a list of about 10 things they would like and go from there. Then had to run to the bookstore, Target to get a couple of things the bank and on and on. Oh, and my interview, if you want to call it that, was this morning. Pretty sure I didn't get the job and that's okay. I actually didn't figure I would get it...I get too nervous during those things, why , I don't know. But it was like she had a certain amount of time to spit the questions out and get me outta there...she was rambling like a wild turkey gobbling-serious, lol. Anyway...today I have some baking to get done and some preparing to do so I don't have as much to do tomorrow. Already made the pumpkin pie and have some brownies to make and a cheesecake. And I am trying to get some laundry done in between. So...I probably should get going...already tired thinking about all I have to do...going to try and not get stressed. Okay, now I am babbling...

Take care ladies, and...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you & yours!

FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:52 PM   #79  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thanksgiving

Whew....busy all day. Had my nails done early this am then off to Annapolis to pick up a few things at Bed Bath and Beyond. Went to the Amish Market for a few goodies. Back home and I've made pumpkin pies, all my side dishes for tomorrow and a breakfast cassarole for the morning. I've got to run to put in an IV at a doc's office at 9:30 a.m. I'm involved in helping with some peds patients that have been newly diagnosed with diabetes. The kids get infusions for 14 days and one starts tomorrow. It pays great, but I'm not thrilled to go there tomorrow. I'll charge him double and it should only take me about an hour round trip. I'll leave a list for dh and my dd while I'm gone. We will probably drag out the christmas tree after dinner. DD's finance's parents will not be coming to dinner after all. They've had three deaths in one week in their family and are skipping out of town for some R&R. I'll be heading out with the crazies for black friday shopping in the am. I love it. Don't know what I'm shopping for, but I'll find some good bargains.

I hope everyone one has a wonderful Thanksgiving day!!!
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #80  
kitty Momo

We did make it to Portland! I don't know why but we headed out at 2pm, I just HAD to wash my car and clean the apt first. I hate coming back to a mess.

Now Gab and I are baking a cake - don't ask. Gaby spied a cake mix and insisted that is what she wanted for dinner.....so, ya.....being the horrible mother that I am I told her "get 3 eggs out of the fridge"...so, it is almost done. Did a half butt effort so I doubt anyone will eat it....though I was thinking of going to buy a can of frosting...lmbo.

The R's are off to their friends for the night,...I know, so much for daughter/mommy time but whatever, I'll see them tomorrow.

anyway, going to the store and get some items for my stuffing that I want to make tomorrow. Turkey & Stuffing...that is all I care about.....hmm, and pumpkin pie. I am going to be in control though, I am not going to be ok with letting myself overeat, it isn't worth it to me.

Hope to see my mom tomorrow and get up to see my fathers grave and put some flowers there. And I might make the ex's family gathering but otherwise I want to be home by 9pm tomorrow night.

k- bbl
Old 11-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #81  
ugggg.....

quickie...baking my pies (at 9pm at night...)..Teri's working and Dominic is suppossed to be sleeping....

back later tonight or tomorrow for indys....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #82  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

The cake and macaroons came out great and the house still smells good.

I actually rode 2 miles this afternoon..looking 40 pounds heavier in my coat, ear muffs, gloves, etc. It was 44 degrees, but sunny. My legs are sore tonight, but it might be from the WATP. Whatever, I do feel better if I DO something. And after tomorrow I will need to keep on riding. haha...

Really just popped back in to tell you all Happy Thanksgiving one more time. We all have so much to be thankful for. (especially turkey and pumpkin pie) just kidding..
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #83  
kitty Momo

You shouldn't joke about turkey and pumpkin pie Sue, it is kind of sacred ground.
I am very thankful for my turkey and pumpkin pie (with cool whip) and omg- stuffing. Amen

I don't know how you keep your balance on the bike with all that outerware on!!

hmm, ya......I have had a glass of wine. I almost wanted to write to McD but thought better of it and said "Susan,,,,,,go talk to the gals!!!" So, here I am.

I'll go read and catch up and do indy's, I guess. Kind of like conversing w/ a man but not really. lol
Old 11-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #84  
kitty Momo

I think I am caught up.....

Francie - I am glad you can remember your mom happily too. It is just really hard to lose a parent , I always miss my father. anyway, I wish you and Fonzo a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sue- yay, to the condo news! I am glad everything has worked out on that front. What kind of cake did you make? I did a confetti cake for Gab, ate 2 slices already. Ugh.

Mindee- Marissa sounds so cute being alittle mama w/ her dolls.

Tammy - Hope you find some good bargains!

Sassy - How was the pre-Thanksgiving dinner w/ the co workers?? I think that is nice to do, especially since we spend so much time w/ them, they are kind of like family.

Jules - come back and chat lady!! Miss hearing more from you but pies do come first. lol You are so lucky to have a baby in the house!

Cristina - I am sure you did fine on your interview. I use to be nervous but in these last job interviews I kind of developed an attitude...... I don't know what is wrong w/ me. lol I would love a 1905 home! You can always take off the wallpaper, it sounds like fun actually. Cute about Cambrie, she sounds like a doll. Thank you for the card

Katy - Ugh, it is so cold tonight and windy too! Hope you are staying nice and warm w/ the family.

to everyone else!

I have to take Rach to her friends and I can finally relax after that, it has been a long day. I did get Gaby's school pictures today , so I was happy about that.
anyway, chat later.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-26-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:03 AM   #85  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello to everyone and a Thanksgiving to you all!

SuzyQ- glad you made it ok. How long of a drive is it for you from your new place back to the old place? Give the girls a hug from me. What grade is the girls in now? Cole is in grade 1, and is having a little trouble as he does not do his work, he just sits in his desk and looks around. Cody is in grade 12 this year. Cole wanted an easy bake oven - so we have been baking little cakes. He loves it.

Jules-Hello. Its been a long time since i was here - wasn't your daughter going to have a baby around time as my daughter was due to have hers? Hard to believe but my little granddaughter is already a year old. She sure has kept our household hopping.

Sue - My fingers are crossed for you for your condo. How far away is your current home from Vegas? I bet your house smells wonderful. Funny story - stay away from push ups. I have a really boring job, and I have been trying to do exercises to make my day go faster. I decided to do some pushups. I closed the door to a little office I have there so no one that would come in would see me, managed to do 7 of them, then as I went to go out, I found out that the door handle didn't work and i was locked in the room. Took almost 2 hours before someone came in and let me out. No more pushups for me.

Cristina - Ok Silly question here (I will never stay away for so long again because you just miss out on too much) Who is this darling sweet little Cambrie? My fingers are crossed that you will get the new house. I love the old houses. Does it have nice the nice red velvet wallpaper? Good luck on getting everything done that you need to get done. That list looks like it is as good as a workout.

Sassy - way to go with getting your car out. That is impressive. I probably would have hit the car and drive over the pileon. That is really great that your DH will cook. Do you get along with your MIL? My MIL would cry and have a fit if anyone dared to tell her that my anything was better than hers. Kudos to your FIL for being able to give you such a nice complement.

Mindee did you get to finish making the sugar cookies? Your household must be crazy happy during the day. I miss the kids being young and having a hopping household. Hug your kids lots as before you know it they are grown up.

Hello to everyone else, I have to run and get ready for work, I am out of time for this morning. Hope everyone enjoys the day!
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #86  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Talking Happy Thanksgiving!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING YA'ALL!!!

Our "Pre-Thanksgiving" Meal was yummy. I have to say my DH makes the BEST mashed taters ever!!!

I am glad that its finally over though! I am tired!!! I know I made good money this morning working, but phew I'm tired! lol.

I have to go and bake my pie. I got the filling done yesterday so all I got to do is throw it in the crust and bake it!

Kathy -- Ya I was pretty impressed myself!!!! lol. Yes I get along with my mil, but she has some weird "baking" competition with me. lol.

I managed to get most of my Christmas Cards done lastnight/this morning at work too. (its a holiday..........we were slow.....)

Toodles All!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #87  
kitty Momo

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

~Rocky sent me that this morning, thought it was cute.
Turkey is in the oven,thank goodness. I made the stuffing and was in heaven.

Now I need to get Gaby and myself ready and out the door we go to visit grandma.

Sassy - Impressed with your cooking *know how*...lol, you and Mindee both.

Kathy - From Portland to the coast is 90 minutes to 2 hours, depends how fast I drive. lol
Rach is getting her GED,will need to do another term at the college to pass all of the testing, she will be 18 next Aug. Rebecca is turning 16 this Jan and is in 10th, and Gaby is in 1st grade too ((along with Katy's daughter - not meaning in the same class....lol)) will be 7 in Feb .
How they grow up! Tell me again where you work??

I feel sick on the ex's coffee.......ICK! I need Starbucks, that was totally a waste of my time, I feel no buzz. lol

anyway- have 5 hours before the turkey is done so need to get busy!

You all have a wonderful Thanksgiving
Old 11-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #88  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Today got off to a bad start. We think Stormee may have worms. And then Sassy..my poor Sassy gave us a bad scare. She started to look like she was gonna throw up. Then she lost her balance and fell over on her side choking. Omg, I thought she was having a seizure. She looked exactly like my dog did when he had a seizure. We had to put him down that day. Seeing Sassy like that though made me cry so much. She's getting so old, and I dont wanna lose her. Something is already going on with her eyes. I've had her since I was 10..she's my childhood pet. I'm supposed to spend some time at my friend's house until sat, but I dont want to. What if something really bad happens to her while I'm gone??

Anyways..sorry for being the downer of the day, lol. I better go get dressed.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:42 AM   #89  
One day at a time

Good morning, all

Thought I would stop by and say Hi while I have a few minutes. Getting ready to go get things started...have plenty of time really so no worry there. We plan on eating at 4 so...as long as the turkey is in the oven at 11:30 I am good. Rest of the stuff won't take long. Would love to get a walk in but I know that won't happen...will be on my feet most of the day and I won't feel like walking so...always tomorrow.

Sassy...glad the dinner went well and was good!

Tammy...you brave woman! Have fun shopping tomorrow.

Susan...cake sounds good to me! And I too love the turkey and stuffing! Hoping you get to see your momma and to visit your dad too!

Francie...did you get your pie made?

Mindee...that's one thing I didn't get to, making cookies. Oh well, there's always Christmas! Hope your sugar cookies were good!

Sue...yay to getting a walk in! I am a slacker for sure!

Kathy...Cambrie is my step-grandaughter. Josh while home from leave from Iraq last year met Charlotte and they married this past May...she has a son 9 yrs. and a daughter 4 so made me a grandma. A pic below for ya! I'll try to get some good pics of today and post tomorrow. So good to see you back and posting!

Hiya everyone else

I better get going and get something done. May check in later once I get some things going. Not much I can do until the turkey is done anyway so...take care and have a blessed Thanksgiving day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-28-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #90  
One day at a time

Aaawwww, Francie...sorry to hear about your babies. Lots of hugs to you sweetie.