Old 11-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #46  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

nothing new around here......Tommy went to a friend from works house to hang out and basically blow off some steam from work. Marissa is trying to avoid going to sleep, which isn't any thing new.

I told Tommy that I got to meet Alexis today. He then asked Brandon if I embarrassed him and Brandon told him that I did. I told Tommy that all I did was ask their bus driver which Alexis she was, and then it went from there.

I ended up making some peanut butter cookies this afternoon, and surprisingly they are still mostly there. I think Brandon was the only one that had one so far.

Tommy is helping a guy from the complex finish moving out his stuff tomorrow. so it will be me and the kids around here again. I almost had to push Tommy out of the house tonight to go spend time with his friends from work. He kept saying that he wanted to stay home and spend time with me. I told him that since I see him every day, granted he sees them every day, but here is a chance to go out and enjoy himself and not have to buy any thing in order to have fun.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #47  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Like Mindee I pushed my DH into going to "play" tonight. He never goes out much, but they were playing cards at the Legion and I told him he needed to go see his cronies. Actually, I didn't want to cook and just wanted to chill out, so that was my ulterior motive. LOL.

Nothing else new here. Haven't heard about the offer yet. It is cold and has been spitting snow. UGH....
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:45 PM   #48  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Sue~ I really did have an ulterior motive for him going out......but like your DH, Tommy never goes out that often by himself to hang out. So, I felt like I was having to shove him out the door. Eventually he got convinced enough to go out and have some fun, and he apparently is, since he isn't home yet.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #49  
RosieKate

Not much going for me today...I'm off to the gym soon, then the kids go to haircuts this afternoon. We are having a bday dinner at the IL's tonight so I don't have to cook dinner - yay!

Working on a new knit-for-hire...so I'll probably load up my ipod and work on that this afternoon. I also need to bake cupcakes for DS. He's taking a birthday treat to robotics tomorrow. He's turning 12 on Monday---already !?

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #50  
I can dream, can't I?

Oh Katy...I remember when my DS turned 12. Enjoy every minute of it. They do grow up so quickly.

Mindee- My DH got home rather early...around 10ish. I was surprised. He doesn't drink much, and not at all when driving, so I guess the other guys went into the bar after cards and he came home. Man, not like the days when we were young and partying. LOL..

Sassy- Hope you and your DH had a nice night out. I also love that song. It always makes me think of when my girls left home for some reason...and now they have grown kids.

Cristina- How is the house hunting? I was just in a model home here this morning to a bazaar. Our neighbor/developer built a Thomas Kinkade type house and it is so neat inside. Lots of details. Not what I would want, I'm more traditional. But it is charming. I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

Francie- Hope you enjoyed the movie for the second time. No snow NO snow NO snow....

SusyQ where are you? Are you like car 54? Hope all is well and good.

It was 18 degrees this a.m. and I hate it. Mom and I walked to the model home for a bazaar at 10. Just wanted to be neighborly. Nothing going on today for me. Just some picking up and cleaning a little. I might bake a pie for mom and DH. I don't like fruit pies, so no temptation.

DH is in the shop building a dining table for us to take to Vegas...when we get a condo. He already built 2 end tables and started on nightstands too. Our van will be loaded to the max.

I am staying around the same 2 pounds...up and down, as usual. If I would exercise I know I could go down, but I keep finding reasons not to...don't we all? (except our Cristina) Lots of stress right now in the family, and I hate that it happens around the holidays. And I hate that it is beyond my control...I like to have a handle on things, and this is not mine to handle. Grrr.
My bad habit then is eating too much, then not eating at all....ugh.

Okay, enough of me whining. I am going to go back a pie.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #51  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Again, nothing going on...same old stuff, different day.

Haven't exercised today but I WILL eventually before the day is over, for sure! I didnt yesterday. Unless of course you count climbing up and down the stairs about 20 or so times.

Almost done with the christmas decorating...just have the big tree to do and then of course some outside. Not doing much outside at all...nothing like last year.

Sue...that is great that your hubby is so handy with building furniture. You must be one pride wifey. He does quality work for sure and it will last forever...and it's nice too!

Katy...12 already eh? They do grow up fast don't they? Have a nice dinner with the il's. Love the new avatar!

Mindee...funny how we have to almost push the guys out the door, lol. Forgot to say on the loss! That is great news!

Susan...hoping all is well with you missy.

Francie...how was the movie last night?

Tammy, Kristi, Jules, Asia...thinking of you ladies and hoping all is well with you all.

Hiya Sassy

Guess I will so lurk a little and get to doing something. V is going to work about 2'ish and I will get some exercise in then. I never seem to get anything done when he is home for some reason.

Almost forgot...today was WI and I am up a pound to 184. Knew it wouldn't be good, but not so bad...not as bad as I thought with the stress eating I've been doing. Did much better yesterday and today started off good. Getting my water in too. And...

I have decided to back out of the challenge. I always set myself up for failure when I put a time limit/frame on losing. And with the holidays, ugh! Too much stuff going on. Not saying that I am going to just forget everything and pig out every day...I will be watching what I eat and getting the exercise, I just won't be concentrating on the numbers on the scale. Okay, going to change my stats.

Have a great day/weekend all!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-22-2008 at 01:25 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:55 AM   #52  
kitty Momo

Sue- what is car 54?? Never heard of that.....
I like the enough of my whining, I am going to make a pie...lol brrrrrrr to the 18 degree weather!

Cristina - I love the new avatar! You alwyas pick some of the cutest ones. I am up on the scale to 145, just can't seem to get it down further, always wants to creep back up *sigh.

Katy - I like the new picture of you! Did you hold the camera out and snap yourself?? You are so smart. I am *hoping* to get some new ones on line this week w/ a disc when I develop the film. I am probably the last person on earth who doesn't have a digital camera,,,haha.
I sooo cannot believe your son is 12 already....wow, times flies.

Mindee- Did Tommy ever come home? I think it is good for both of you to get out among your peers, you should get a girls night out now!

Sassy - So did you and DH go out and have fun??

Francie - Rebecca went and saw Twilight the other night. I guess her and her best friend stood in line for 5 hours to be the first ones in the theatre....something crazy like that. She has been reading the books but didn't say anything about the movie. She went and saw some Bond one tonight.

k- bb in a bit.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-23-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:34 AM   #53  
kitty Momo

I am back.

Had to go find out what car 54 meant,,,lol...didn't think it was some nasty slang ((not coming from Sue ) but was curious. So, Car 54, where are you? was some early 60's sitcom. One of the first shows I remember is Adam-12......or was that Dragnet?? Anyway , some police show.

So, the scale is back up. If I can just maintain I will be happy. It just feels hard w a new job and schedule to get in a routine, plus added stress doesn't help. Course life is always going to be like that. Not sure what the answer is but to keep trying everyday to eat healthy.

I worked Thursday and Friday. I won't go back to work now til Tuesday. Gaby and I drove in this morning and are staying at the ex's tonight. It is his birthday so Gaby whined for a cake (he wanted pie) and to decorate everything in pink (we ended up w/ blue and green colors).

I did take Gaby and Rach to see Bolt, which was a cute movie.

Also took the car in for a oil change to JiffyLube. I stuck to the $19.99 sale.....they wanted to sell me an air filter and transmission fluid. I just said...."that's ok, my boyfriend can do that stuff"........I told that to Rach and she said "you have a boyfriend???"
She is so slow......no I don't have a boyfriend.....but if the men in these auto places think you have a guy around they back off,,,, ...something like that......anyway, whatever......course Mr Jiffylube was kind of cute....I should have said "air filter??......like what is that for?? can't I just wash it myself and stick it back in??"
Actually........why can't I do that? duh -lol

There is an opening in the central supply dept at work.....I was thinking of applying,,,,,or should I wait for my 90 day probation period to be over with? It pays alittle more and is full time....the housekeeping position is 72 hours a pay period.

anyway, I might tinker around on the computer for a bit and go to bed.

You all have a good night!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:13 AM   #54  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Good BBBBBRRRR Morning!!!

Well Good BBBBRRRRR Early Morning All!!

It is a lovely 19 degrees F, that is - 7.2 C. So brrrrrr!!! I know that isn't as chilly as some places, but still pretty chilly to me! lol. I think its time to break out the long johns and the cocoa!!! lol.

Yesterday (Sat.) DH and I was out all day long, shopping. Linens N' Things are going out of business so we went there and they had some good deals, then we got the stuff we needed for T'giving. Then we even battled Wal-Mart............Lemme tell ya I felt like breaking out the football gear and painting those black lines under my eyes! lol. It felt like we were trying to make a football play! lol. I'd tell DH what we needed then he would go and get it and bring it back. lol. Its like go long, go long.........lol. Anyways we kept our humor about it until that is I was at the self-check out at Wally World. DH went to Subway to get some dinner for us and I tell ya I was about to lose it! First of all I have to say I have absolutely no fingernails, nill, none. lol. Secondly, those BLEEPING plastic bags are about impossible to get apart!!! So here I am standing there for about 10 minutes to try to get ONE flipping bag open!!! GRRRRR!!! I was soooooo over it!!! lol I was like no wonder we should go green, it is easier!!!! I FINALLY got the bags open, after battling and a bit of um "encouragement" lol. There WERE (keyword = WERE) people behind me and I was thinking, "I DARE you to say one word to me!!!" lol. Needless to say, after me battling, they um moved on!!! Now I can look back on it and laugh, but at the time I was about to totally lose it! lol. I was like I have went ALL day long battling people and it takes PLASTIC bags to make me almost lose it??? Too funny!!!

And um no I still have not got the cookies done........... I am so over it. Then I have to flippin' make a flippin' apple pie.........FIL requested one especially from me, which totally ticked my mil off. I dunno what it is but since day one she has always been very competitive with me with baked goods. Hilarious.

I wouldn't mind baking so much if we had a decent kitchen and not a "barbies dream house" kitchen. Not even dream house, more like "barbies trailer kitchen" But DH said that when he goes to 3rds, which will be in 3 weeks (he will now be on 2nds for two weeks) then we can begin looking at some places. HALLELUJAH!! I want the bleep outta here! lol.

I guess DH is having a difficulty in trying to think of something to get me for Christmas. lol. I was like all I want is a new house. Thats all. lol. My friend said she is going to get me a doll house!!

Then our digital camera that we just bought not too long ago quit working. I went to the manufacturer's website I guess there is some known issue so we have to send it back to get it fixed. But in the meantime, its coming up on the holidays and we have no camera!!! GGGGRRRRR!!!! I think we may have to buy another one in the interim. I gots to have my pictures!!! lol. and I so had a good picture opportunity yesterday!!! We were at my in-laws and their two cats were cuddling and the one was cleaning the other. Sooo cute!!!

DH and I watched WALL-E, it was soooo cute!!!

Well I suppose that is about it.............tonight (Sunday) is back to the ole grind for me........ and this is my "long" week, but it will be good $$ with the holiday pay and time and a half for working Thursday AM. That is IF they don't screw it up AGAIN! I just now got my pay for Labor Day!!! But my boss assures us that he thinks he has it all under control this time. I hope so!!! lol. Don't be messin' with my money!!! lol.

Okay I am totally rambling............... But ya know that means I am back to my old "Sassy" self, right??? lol.

Well take care everybody!!!!! Keep warm!!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #55  
One day at a time

Good, Sunday morning, ladies

Was up early to get some exercise in before heading out in a little bit. Got in 40 minutes so far. Want to spread it out instead of doing it all like I did last night. Decided I am not going to kill myself trying to get 90-100 minutes in...whatever I get in, I get in. Anything is better than nothing so...I went and walked a few minutes on the treadmill after I had been out picking up poo. Thought it wasn't so cold I should go for a walk outdoors, so I did. Did half of my usual since it was about 4'ish and was cooling off. Then came home and did the 2 mile WATP and another short walk on the treadmill. Got in a total of 80 minutes with that and did some weights & bike too! Thought about doing another 10 to make the 90 mns. but I had other things to do so called it good.

Went to decorate the stupid tree and half the lights on it were out. Had to run to Target and get two strands. Tried to weave them in like they had them on the tree when we bought it a hundred years ago, lol. Needed another strand of 100, ugh! V tried new fuses and nothing so rather than go thru every bulb to see what wasn't working I just added more lights. So will finish it off today and I am done with all that crap.

Better go jump in the shower...need to be out the door at 9:30 to look at two houses this morning. Will be back to do individuals.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #56  
kitty Momo

Happy Sunday!!!

I am drinking my venti, la la la. On a coffee rush.....I'll come crashing down around noon, for the moment though I am happy! la la.....

Cristina - You really need a break from all that exercising, be a slacker like the rest of us....or at least me. I figure w/ the 5+ miles I am suppose to be walking at work that is enough, I am still sore in places that have not moved in years. Hope you get some luck in finding a house that you and V like, I think that would be fun. I don't even know why you bother w/ the stupid tree and all that crap. lol....you crack me up

Sassy - See, husbands are good for something, I guess.....if they can help in shopping they make themselves useful. lol
On the plastic bags just lick your finger, that helps get the bag open.

Katy - Went to the village for my morning coffee (7am) and thought of you. It is a charming area and looked so pretty w/ the lights on.

to everyone!

I need to go get a shower and make plans w/ the girls on what we want to do. Thinking of spending the night again and having Gabster play hookie from school, see how the day goes.

Had oatmeal and some ham for breakfast, so think that is ok
Old 11-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #57  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

I'm back

The wedding went really well. The mother of the bride barely made it through the ceremony without having a stroke. The women sobbed so hard walking up the aisle that you would have thought she was walking up to view a casket. Not that I wasn't teary eyed numerous times throughout the evening, but OMG, she was falling apart. Justin looked so handsome in his dress uniform. I looked like the 10 lbs that I didn't loose prior to the wedding in my dress. The food was good, the music great, the photographer sucked. Rehearsal went very well and the Sunday morning breakfast was a hit. Whew....I'm so glad it is over. Took me all week to recover. Oh, and I forgot....DD and I did cake tasting for her wedding in June 09, two hrs after we got home from DS's wedding weekend. Now the planning for her wedding is on!!

Cristina--Moving again??? Seems like you just moved. What's up? What have I missed? I can't seem to get into Christmas yet. My dd has invited her fiance's parents to Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I was planning to drag out the tree and decorate it that eve after dinner since I was only planning on having dd and her honey and possibly my Mom for dinner. But now with the fiance's parents coming (and they don't celebrate xmas, I think they are Johovah Witness), it might be a bit uncomfortable to pull out the decorations. Damn....I wanted the help while I had everyone home.

Francie--How'd you like that snow on Fri? It's rare to have snow this early in the season. And we are having incredibly colder weather than usual. Hope this isn't any indication of how bad the weather might be this year.

Just got a loaf of pumpkin bread out of the oven and need to head to the Hallmark store to pick up a few things before they close. Dh is folding laundry and watching football that I'm not the least bit interested in.

How are we handling the address for the gift exchange? PM'ing each other?
Have a wonderful Sunday ladies!!
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #58  
kitty Momo

oops, thanks for the reminder Tammy, I need your address!!!!

I also need Sue's and Francie's, I think I have most everyone else for holiday cards.

anyway , pumpkin bread sounds good. Nice to have you back after the big wedding. My Becky is excited because her best friends sister is getting married in a few months. Just the idea of a wedding, I guess. lol

So, I took 4 loads of the girls laundry to the laudromat to get done. Seems the drill is to wait til Sunday evening and *itch at each other who gets the machines at home. *sigh.......I think they really do need me, lol. I cleaned Rachel's bathroom after the big hair cutting she did a few days ago, I guess she never heard of a broom. Anyway, trying to help the ex because he is .....ummm, old. lol

Going to have some lima bean soup and head out for the coast, going to come back on Wednesday & Thursday for the holiday. I guess that makes more sense. I really want to get Gaby's school pictures back this week, seems to be taking forever. I also need to get some more shots of me and the girls .....so better get off my tush!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #59  
One day at a time

Okay, back again for a few minutes...

Susan...lol, yeah, I was all excited a couple of weeks ago about decorating but now that I've started, ugh, don't want to finish. Thinking among other things, this sort of cold is making me pissy again...can't even stand to hear anyone breathe...poor hubby, he gets the brunt of everything. One house we liked, one we didn't. Too much work to bring up to our standards, or just about anyones. It's kind of nice looking but then I get in my moods and tire of it quickly. Sounds like you had a nice weekend with the girls. And thank you, I do need a break from all that exercise, lol. Except...my body disagrees.

Tammy...good to see ya back. Somewhere in the thread Susan has posted how the gift exchange is. Sounds like the mil is a drama queen, lol. Glad the wedding was nice. Whew, just get done with one and have to start another though. Yeah, moving again, eventually. Don't really want to talk about it, I think I did somewhere at some point...not wanting to that is for sure. Just soooo freakin' tired of moving. I told the hubby this will be the last time for sure! He might have to carry me out of this one.

Sassy...guess I was lost for a minute...I take it you have to bag your own groceries at Wal-Mart?

Hiya to everyone else Hoping everyone is enjoying the weekend, what's left of it.

I am going to go get a dvd (exercise) in and then finish the tree. When we got home V decided to do some outside so was helping him with that. He'll be home tomorrow to finish it up in the morning. Anyway...chow for now
Old 11-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #60  
I can dream, can't I?

Good evening ladies...What a cold day here. I went out to take Mom to get her perm this morning and went back to pick her up. Had to go out back and fill the bird feeders, and those were my forays to the great outdoors today. I actually would be quite content to stay indoors for weeks at a time. But, tomorrow is another day and I have to take Mom to her Dr. appt. in the a.m. It is supposed to rain and turn to snow, so I hope we go and get back before that happens.

I truly feel like all I am doing lately is cooking, baking and eating. Yikes!!! Cold weather just does me in I guess. I have to snap out of this funk. Family stress and all...I can not gain weight!!! Some days I wish I was still smoking.

Susan- Yes, the reference was to the show Car 54 Where are you? Sorry, I forget that you are "kids" on here and not familiar with shows from the 60's. haha

Tammy- Welcome back. I am sure you looked lovely for the wedding. Glad it went well, and know you are glad it is over.

Cristina- Yikes, you are way ahead of me with exercise...and now the decorating too. You are a dynamo!!

Gotta scoot...so hi to all the rest of you ladies and I will check in tomorrow.