3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #62 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/155865-back-kindergarten-62-a.html)

tommysgirl18 11-07-2008 03:56 PM

Back In Kindergarten #62

Hello & :welcome2: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

:woops: Come join us as we challenge ourselves to lose weight during the holiday season! :exercise:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ittleGirls.jpg

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us! :cofdate:

tommysgirl18 11-07-2008 04:12 PM

I hope every one starts to feel better soon! I think I have three possible sickies here. Brandon spent most of last night coughing his little head off. Then today and yesterday, Logan and Marissa both took naps, and Logan hardly ever takes them anymore!

Kristi~ Thanks for that website, I will have to check it out!

Katy~ I love the new glasses!!!!

oops! gotta run, the natives are getting restless and we have to go grocery shopping.

Mom2Gaby 11-07-2008 05:38 PM

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ield-motel.jpg

yay, after 2 months the motel is history!

Kristi - I guess the manger was nice to me, she gave me a deep clean to do. lol ...as a going away gift,,,,plus she bought everyone taco's for lunch. R's are for Rachel(17) and Rebecca (16.5) they live w/ their father in Portland.

Mindee- what kind of muffins? Hope you get some good deals while shopping. Thanks for the new thread!

Sue - I hope you got some rest from all the ironing! Sorry you aren't feeling well. :hug:

Katy - Did you make it to the play? Hope so...take it easy.

I found some black dockers for work tomorrow, I guess they will have to do til I get a uniform. I paid for Gaby's after care and now I need to go pick her up from school and take her to meet the babysitter who will watch her before school next week. Gaby is a trooper , if nothing else.

Whats with Chris Harrison?? He sure likes to gossip. lol Sheesh.

anyway, chat more later.

Shopaholic1204 11-07-2008 05:57 PM

Thanks Sue...DeAnna sure turned into a little jerk didnt she?

Mom2Gaby 11-07-2008 05:58 PM

Christmas is tight this year...

My dear BIK's,

Somewhat embarrassing to admit, I'm not getting an annual bonus and
Christmas is tight this year. I will be making bedroom slippers for you
all as gifts. Please let me know your sizes. You'll most likely agree
that it's a splendid idea, and should you wish to do the same, I've
included the instructions below.
How to make bedroom slippers out of maxi pads:

You need four maxi pads to make a pair.
Two of them get laid out flat, for the foot part.
The other two wrap around the toe area to form the top.
Tape or glue each side of the top pieces to the bottom of the foot part.

Decorate the tops with whatever you desire, silk flowers (this is most
aesthetically appealing), etc.

These slippers are:
* Soft and Hygienic
* Non-slip grip strips on the soles
* Built in deodorant feature keeps feet smelling fresh
* No more bending over to mop up spills
* Disposable and biodegradable
* Environmentally safe
* Three convenient sizes: (1.) Regular, (2.) Light and (3.) Get out the Sand Bags.

I've attached a photo of the first pair I made so that you can see the
nifty slippers for yourself....

Awaiting your response. It's crucial that I get the right size for each
one of you :)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...234/image5.jpg

FrouFrou 11-07-2008 06:09 PM

Okay, this is going to be a quick one...Josh & the fam are on their way over. So much for my computer time, lol. But...

Katy...Ha! I got my glasses today too! I love yours! I almost got some like them...sick or not you look good!

Susan...lmao! You gave me a GREAT gag gift for Charlotte, lol! I love the slippers.

Okay, sorry for the quickie...I will be back later this evening once J & C have left.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

jules1216 11-07-2008 07:27 PM

Kristi--a big welcome to you!!

Katy--the glasses are cute!!

ok that's the best I can do from the last thread....

Mindee---I really hope you guys don't get sick!!!

SuzyQ--that's great news about the job situation!! I love the slippers--I am going to make a pair for our Christmas exchange at work!!

Mindee--were you the one that said they weren't going to work???

Cristina--have fun with the family

How exactly will the gift exchange work?? Do you buy for everyone on the list or will we all end up with just one name???

Sassy_Chick 11-07-2008 10:20 PM

Hola.

Well I am finally beginning to feel a little better. Still sick, but I think I'm over the "hump" or at least I hope so! lol.

Sorry to hear some of you are sick as well, hope you feel better soon!

Well I am going to go and watch some movies........:wave:

Take Care Everybody!!!

:hug:

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...h2wxpgt42r.gif

suetalks 11-07-2008 10:22 PM

I am feeling better tonight. It was so windy that I only got in a mile ride. I felt like I was going to be blown away. I ate so OP I was amazed...then I blew it tonight. Geeze. I decided on a banana for a snack, but then thought it would be better with a little ice cream and chocolate syrup. Darn me!!

Francie- Yeah, Deanna blew her sweet girl image. Hope you feel better.

Susan- Hurray for no more motel cleaning. I didn't realize the R's were so close in age. So now they will both be driving soon? Yikes.

Jules- Hope you are feeling better also. How was WW? Good I hope.

Cristina- Have a fun evening with Josh and family? I bet your glasses are cool like Katy's.

Katy- Yes, cool glasses...love them. I wear contacts so only wear my glasses at night when the contacts come out. I just got new pair, but opted for the plain platinum ones...last ones were copper. I am boring, but no one sees them. I also wear reading glasses, so maybe when I need a new pair I can get some fashionable ones.

Mindee- How did the shopping go? Good I bet. At least the little ones got naps first.

Sassy- Are you still sleeping? Feeling better hon?

Kristi- Nice to meet you and hope you feel comfortable here. We are a pretty good, chatty group. I am the "old" grandma of the group but don't hold that against me. LOL...

Asia, Tammy- Hi to you both. How are you doing?

Well, no news from Vegas yet...thought we would hear yesterday. I hate waiting.

Nothing going on this week-end here. It is supposed to be cold. brrr...

suetalks 11-07-2008 10:23 PM

Sassy---almost collided with you as we were both posting. Glad to hear you feel better.

Have a great WE.

Shopaholic1204 11-07-2008 11:21 PM

Susan~OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the funniest thing ever!!!! I'm emailing it to my friend!!!!!! LMAO!!!

Sue~She'll never make it in Hollywood, what a stupid dreamer.

lovnmom 11-08-2008 07:53 AM

Susan, Those slippers are hilarious. Best wishes to you on your new job. I hope Gaby likes the new day care provider.

Jules, Thanks for the welcome!

Off to shop with my DD today. She really needs a new winter coat and we're going to find 50's style clothing as well. She needs two outfits for the musical next weekend. We could probably trow some things together here and make do, but it gives me a chance to spend some time with her. Wish me luck. Shopping usually means good coffee (lots of cream, flavors, and sugar) and biscotti. I'll shoot for a skim lattee. My aims not always the best though :)

suetalks 11-08-2008 11:20 AM

Well, I am going to have to come up with different exercise for awhile. It is 38 degrees and very windy...not a biking kind of day. So, 1 mile yesterday, 3 miles the day before plus a 1 mile walk with DH, a couple of 2 mile days...my week was pitiful. (not mentioning the ice cream again...)

I have been stressed, so hopefully I can do better once a few things are settled. Like this darn condo purchase.

Have a good Saturday all...Kristi..Good luck with the shopping. I am going to dust and finish laundry..ugh.

FrouFrou 11-08-2008 12:42 PM

Hello, and a Happy Saturday to all...

I am so sorry for not getting back on last night as planned. Josh & Charlotte surprised me with the call while I was on the computer and didn't have time to post and then stayed until a little after 10. Put a damper on my plans for packing up some stuff and moving some things around but oh well. I will take them when they come so...dinner wasn't anything special. I had started boiling a whole cutup chicken for chicken and rice...I always make extra and V usually takes it to work for a couple of days so there was plenty. Josh was hungry and had two plates! They brought over a cheesecake for dessert, darn it. Me being the piggly wiggly that I am had two slices, yikes! All in all we had a nice evening. Of course it didn't help with my WI this morning...after I ate the second piece of cc I realized today was WI. I am the same which is okay...I kind of expected a gain with the stress eating this past week. I plan on getting a handle on it, both the stress and the eating. I think once the house is staged I will be okay...just trying to rush and de-clutter before Tuesday. I was thinking about you Susan last night. Told DD I should just throw things away and be done with it. Not sure why I can't let things go-need to though. Anywho...

Sue...you are a brave woman! Anyone who will go out in the wind to ride or walk is a hero in my book! I am such the weinee when it comes to the cold and the wind, lol. WTG on the riding in the wind! :carrot: Hoping you are feeling better and sending good vibes for the condo. :goodvibes:

Kristi...now talk about a lot of exercise missy. I would say 8 and 10 mile walks is a lot more than I do. I think that would kill me! I get less walking outdoors when fall comes as well. As I said to Sue...just not brave enough to get out in the cold and wind. Did you mention snow? Yikes! Have a fun day of shopping with your DD!

Jules...hoping WI went well for you, and hoping you are feeling better. The gift exchange...you will end up with just one name, I believe that's how it was/is.

Katy...again, loving the new glasses. And it's funny, after wearing mine yesterday I kept looking at them thinking I should have gotten the other ones, lol. Too late now, lol. Did you make the field trip? That sounded like fun. And hope you are feeling better too!

Mindee...again, thank you for starting the new thread! Yay to Brandon's 10 tubs! That's pretty good! Hoping you get the free tub. :yay: Did you guys get out to do your shopping?

Susan...sounds like the hospital job is the one for you! Love the discount to the fitness center. You are not lazy in the exercise dept missy. I believe you were getting lots of exercise cleaning the rooms and you will get in plenty of walking/exercise at the hospital too. Maybe you should get a pedometer to see how much you walk during work...I bet you would really be surprised. We are proud of Rachel too! Kudo's to her for getting her GED. :hug:

Francie...Ice cream sounds good right now, but after that cheesecake last night, I think there won't be any dessert in my future until Thanksgiving, lol. Hope you are feeling better today.

Sassy...glad to hear you are feeling a little better. What movies did you watch, anything good?

Hiya Tammy & Asia...missing you ladies, and hoping all is well with you.

Okay, hoping I didn't miss anyone.

Not a lot planned for the day. Some more working around the house and doing laundry and I think that is about it. Maybe this evening I will be able to relax a little and get some reading done. Haven't exercised yet either so thinking as soon as I get off this thing that will be the first thing I do.

Almost forgot, I will see about a picture of my new glasses. I took some yesterday but then the camera was being stupid, just went dead in the middle of picture taking...I need AA batteries and don't have any, lol. Usually always have some around, at least two. But nooooo! And I almost bought some when I did my grocery shopping, ugh. Soon I hope...I mean I wouldn't want to deprive you guys of seeing me in my new glasses :lol:

Have a GREAT Saturday, ladies!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...fsurprises.jpg

Sassy_Chick 11-08-2008 01:17 PM

Sassy is BACK Ya'all!!! lol.

Hey Chicks. :wave:

Well Sassy is BACK Ya'all. :D All I have to say is Mucinex Rocks!!! :carrot: I feel 100% better and I am so glad! Because this coming week is my long week and I don't want to waist any of my PTO time on being sick! :p

So I am EXTREMELY happy that I am feeling better!!! :D :D :D

AND I was able to stay AWAKE all night!!! :woohoo: That is a BIG BIG step for me! Because even this last week when I was working I was struggling hard to keep awake and that is so not me, I am a Night Owl through and through. ;) So I am very happy to be "back" :D I was even annoying my cat this morning so I KNOW I am feeling better! LMAO!!! :rofl:

So I send (((GET WELL VIBES))) to all those sickies out there!!! :D :D :D

Movies I have watched: Pirates of the Carribean, Where the Heart is, Fox and the Hound, Sling Blade (mmmm-hhhmmm) lol, Bruce Almighty. That was lastnight/this morning cuz nothing is on tv early Sat. mornings. Over my time off (I've been off since Wed. -- my normal nights off) I've watched: Secret Garden, The Little Princess, Harry Potter and The Craft. So not too shabby. It took me FOREVER to get through those last ones because those are the ones I watched when I was really sick and so I'd be watching like 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there, etc, etc............So Harry Potter took me like 3 nights to finish! LMAO! :rofl:

Mean time my wash has not gotten done and none of my housework! :rolleyes: OH well. lol. I'll do laundry when I get up later tonight and the apt well we can just straighten up and then I can clean next weekend I guess.......Can't help that I was sick. :shrug:

OH and dunno if I told you all or not, my coworker, who I work with all night with? She scheduled a hair appt. for me and her at her hair stylist this coming Friday (14th) so I dunno what I am gonna be getting.....but her and my other coworker who I have made such great friends with are slowly bringing me back out into the world. I have worked 3rd shift for so long now and with men so long that I kinda um have forgotten about my appearance.....lol. I just put on whatever and don't even think about looking "nice" or ya know. I mean if its clean and its appropriate for work, then I put it on, ya know? lol. Well they are getting to me to you know think more about me and that is very hard for me because I haven't been "that girl" in a LONG Time.

What I mean by "that girl" is I used to go shopping for clothes and shoes and get my hair done regularly and do my make-up, etc, etc. Well that all went out the window after working 3rd and with all men + I have been married for 10 yrs. (I know 10 yrs is nothing to those of you who have been married for 20 + years, but I think its pretty darn good! lol)

So I am just really trying to just think about me a little more, which is very hard, but my friends keep telling me is so important for me to do, even if its something small? I dunno. I'd much rather do something for someone else than myself................:shrug:

Well I have rambled on enough!! Now you all KNOW I am feeling better!!! No more 3 or 4 liners! You all will be wishing I get sick more often! :lol:

Take Care all!!

:hug:

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...yp2sesah7u.gif