Old 11-05-2008, 01:56 AM   #46  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Good to see so many posting and living the days historic events. I will probably know who your president is before you do.

Can't stop, I'll be back asap.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tempus fugit! Happy Hump Day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:52 AM   #48  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Ladies.....

Happy....thank you so much for your outlook on my situation. It is all very true, and I really know that, it is just planted in the back of my brain and I was not thinking that way. Thanks for making me see it again. I guess I am just impatient.

Michelle...You are all the best and thank you for reaching out to me. All of this has really made this day start out better.

Thanks to all of you for your good thoughts and prayers for my job search. You all mean so much to me.

Today is DD 23rd BD. It is a lean BD, however I did find the best card ever, it said things perfectly and we both cried when she read it. Thank God she lives here with me.

Tony was great last night. We just talked and talked, I did feel better after he left.

Back to the job search.

Hello to everyone...and have a marvelous Wednesday.

Love and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 AM   #49  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies --

I'm a bit sleepy today as I was up watching the election results last night. Since Carla mentioned it already...I too am ecstatic! I'm also relieved it's all over and am happy to not be getting any more pre-recorded phone calls or tons of political junk mail.

I hope that as a country can heal this divisiveness between the parties. There's been so much fear and distrust over the last several years. Rather than fearing or condeming our differences, we can embrace them. Now is the time to work together for the common good and to achieve common goals to make this country better for EVERYONE. Now is a time for unity...to truly become the UNITED States. Okay, I'll get off my :soapbox: now.

Ceejay - Glad that you had a good day at work yesterday! I hope today goes well for you too!

Ruth - Good for you for going into self-care mode! Get done what absolutely needs to be done and let the rest wait. So nice that you and Disney had a fun day at the park! And rubbing a doggy's tummy is very relaxing and great therapy!

Patty - As you know, the wobblyness should go away when your body gets back in the groove of regular exercise. I've been walking at lunch, and I'm really noticing how much my fitness level has dropped off. I was going to go to the gym tomorrow night....Now it's looking like 50/50.

Mel - I can understand how tired you must be. So fortunate for that tenant that you happened to hear her alarm. I hope you get to relax today. Take a Meliday!

Carla - So cool that you got to see the opera while in NY!

Annie - Hang in there. You know we are all here for you and pulling for you! Have a productive and successful day!

Happy - I ditto your :confetti: :confetti: :confetti: :confetti: I hope you did get a good night's sleep.

Here's to a great day for all of us!

Love and hugs to all of you wonderful worldlies,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #50  
Annie - Indiana

Michelle and Happy,

I hope you don't mind, I copied and pasted your great job posts insight into a Word document and printed it out, so I can refer and read it when I all of this is getting me down.

You are the best.

Love and Hugs
Old 11-05-2008, 08:31 AM   #51  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning people,

For the first time in a long time, I feel hopeful this morning. I hope we sit on the rim of change for the better. And to those who shake their heads at the new president and whine about how we will be taxed to death - WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO PAY OFF THE 94 BILLION DOLLAR DEBT that the (can't get out soon enough for me) "dude" ran up in his 8 years in office? Just because we haven't been taxed to this point, doesn't mean the bill won't come due. Geez I watched both candidates speeches last night, thought they were both eloquent. We are a country deep in trouble, I hope this is the dawn of a new day for all of us, tho Mr. Obama has some mighty big issues to tackle and won't be completely successful. And that's all I have to say...

Michelle - talk about eloquent yourself! Very nice words to live by - maybe you should run for office too - or would you join me running as fast as my gimpy gait would allow in the opposite direction!

Annie - any time you (or anyone else) needs some words of encouragement, just speak up. If we can't think of anything to say, we'll quote songs or worse yet, sing to you Like attorneys, most all we have to offer is our time

Michelle - I think they thought this was a foregone conclusion so no one really campaigned here - not too many commercials and no robo-calls. I'm not sure if I should be grateful or put out I think all the early risers are going to be a little sleepy today so you'll be in good company Did you see Grant Park? Geez, more people than July 3rd. And nice and orderly too.

Annie's DD. Remember, oftentimes the best gifts come straight from the heart. Make her a lopsided birthday cake and a homemade card with stick figure drawings about how your life is better because she's in it. I guarantee she will treasure it forever.

Tempus fugit Ruth? Why do I want to turn that into a swear phrase for my road rage Hope you are doing well.

Shad, I kind of thought in this day and age of electronic voting that we should know the outcome of the election fairly soon. Boom - 10pm our time as soon as the Democratic west coast states polls closed - they announced the winner. Just had to wait an overly long time for Mr. Obama to take the stage. How is the training going? Have you blacked out the windows

Patty - if you got jello legs, you sure pushed the envelope so good for you!!!! Just kind of hard when you get up from sitting and they get all wobbly on you. Tell them it's those mini earthquakes - didn't YOU feel them???

I love popping stupid things out of my mouth like that. Monday I was in the dentist chair and reminded him I had a cavity to fill besides the crown they were working on. He said, now where is that cavity and went to look at my chart. Without missing a beat I said, it's IN MY MOUTH. He stopped a sec and then started laughing. Of course he is getting the last laugh as the tooth I had worked on 2 weeks ago is acting up. They said I might need a root canal if it didn't calm down and it didn't so off I go this afternoon. Tomorrow is a boob squish. I think after that I should be ok.

Mel, I think it's great too that you were able to help that woman who fell. It's your job to be the angel of the building whether you know it or not! Hopefully you can get a day of rest in after yesterday's long day and excitement. Hang the Gone Fishin' sign on the door and go get some good stuff at Trade Joe's.

Time for me to get out of here. Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-05-2008 at 08:33 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #52  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - We are always here for pep talks and support! A big Happy Birthday to your DD!

Happy - Run for office? Me? No thank you. You are such a quick wit - with Patty and with your dentist! I wish I had such a quick wit. Thanks for the morning chuckle!

Last edited by diyana; 11-05-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I was ready for the change too. It's frightening to say the least that our country is on the brink of collapse. I hope the new president can pull us around.

I'm in a do nothing mood today. As a matter of fact I'm leaving some things for the other day operator to do. He may not like it but so be it.

I'm up to 191.6 pounds. I eat to late at night. I will be going to the gym after work tonight.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #54  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey Ceejay - Enjoy your do nothing day. Sometimes we need to not push ourselves and let others do their fair share. Good for you for going to the gym tonight. I was hoping to get to the gym tonight or tomorrow...but my energy level is still REALLY down. I think I may just have to listen to my body and take it easy for a couple more days.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:26 AM   #55  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Life just seems to get busier and busier at the moment, so I don't know how often I will be able to get in for the next week or so or whether I will be able to post personals. I have around 5 hours training, then writing reports regarding training and picking up possible problems. Then I have to work with R to see how we can improve things in the system. I also have one-one-one training for anyone who happens to drop in.

So for those on a break - enjoy the change
For those celebrating a new president - congratulations
For those mourning the results - commiserations
For those in pain - I feel for you, please get better soon
For those that don't fit into any of the above categories - hope life is fine and treating you well, don't work too hard.
And last but not least - for Annie: Hang in there, the right job is somewhere out there for you. And I feel for you. It is no fun watching the savings dwindling through having to pay the bills which don't stop simply because there is no job. In fact many of them increase because you are home using the utility. It's no fun having to think twice or three times before you decide to buy something not completely necessarily. It's no fun when you don't even get a thank you but no thank you for all your hard work in an interview or a job application.
Believe me, it is something I have been through and hated. I wish I was closer and could help even it was only to make you giggle.

Gotta go. Otherwise I will still be here when the sun goes down and I was here before the sun came up.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:54 AM   #56  

Good Morning, I do believe this is the best BIg Sister Club ever. Shad your little essay was so touching this morning to read. The ability of this group or lot depending on the country of orgin is soooo very supportive and so true to their word. I second all the Shad listed and add my heart felt endorsement. These are some interesting and sometimes a bit stress times and to have a good laugh and try to be lifted by this incredible group of women is like a gift of the heart.

Thinking of all of you as I travel today over mountain passes and wide vistas. Hope the snow is off the highways and all the ranging creatures remain safely to the fields. Please say a quick prayer for my little family and sons as a tough weekend awaits us. I'll check back when I am able....taking my computer with me.
Blessings to each of you..... may this be a day of reaching goals.
Peace,
Nae

Last edited by Roseblush; 11-06-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #57  
Choose your hard

Hi Nae - you are still on at the moment so safe travels to you and a pleasant week ahead with the family...
Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #58  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Ladies...

I cannot say enough how great you all are.....I am overwhelmed by your support.

I do, have yet another phone interview this morning. YEAH!! This one is with Community Hospitals of Indianapolis.... I am jazzed about it.

Gotta get ready for my interview, yes I study up on everything beforehand, I like to be prepared.

HELLO TO EVERYONE!!

Much love and hugs.

Annie
Old 11-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #59  
Annie - Indiana

Oh and I am up 5 lbs. Of course, I have not taken the morning poo and I am getting ready to start....lol
Old 11-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #60  
Choose your hard

And to the rest of you a happy good morning. We were supposed to get rain and a cold front moving in today. It looks a bit cool out but right now it's sunny.

I am on antibiotics for my tooth - it appears I need another root canal - seemingly a routine thing for me. I am more concerned about remembering to take yet another pill - 4 times a day and something that is important to take on time. Boob squish this afternoon and a homeowners association meeting tonight. I am debating about taking off the week of Thanksgiving in 3 weeks just because it would be nice to have some time off of work. I have a few vacation days left and since DH and I didn't plan anything, for a change I have some open days left to use.

Shad - hope you don't work yourself too hard. Sounds like you are in the midst of crunch time. Good thing is that the day goes by fast, long as it is, but can be quite tiring too. Life will no doubt slip into the get up, go to work, eat, go to sleep and little else routine. Just make sure you take care of yourself and may all your problems be laughable ones!

Michelle - that virus beat the tar out of you so perhaps you need to ease back into the gym again, particularly not to stress the lungs out. Maybe gentler exercises for longer periods to make up for the drop in intensity. And it's amazing how just a few weeks away cuts the strength in half. Just listen to your body and don't get too over eager.

Mel must be resting - hope it's that and she's not having to play Rescue 8 with yet another resident!

Wow Ceejay - didn't realize you'd be at the treatment facility for that long. Are you sure you want to look for another job? I guess their comes a time when you've been at a place for a long while where it gets difficult to see so much of the behind the scenes stuff going on and still be able to ignore it.

Annie, when you get up today, stretch big in all directions, smile and commit to yourself that you are going to approach the day with your boobs held high even if it means you have to walk around all day with your fingertips touching the ceilings Just a little humor to put a smile on your face...

Ok, I gotta get this day rollin'. Have a good one everyone...