Old 11-06-2008, 01:25 AM   #76  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Ugh..I think I'm getting sick. My throat has been super dry lately, no matter how much water I drink. And its getting a little sore too. Also, my nose is runny. I really dont wanna be sick.

As for some good news. I bought tickets to the midnight showing of Twilight!!!! I'm sooooooooo excited to see it. I get to see it twice too!! LoL!!!

Okay..I'm going to bed.

Nighty nite.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:33 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Cristina, How many miles do you walk each day? Good luck getting everything done. That's nice your DD is willing to help out.

Katy, thanks for the welcome..easy does it on the m&ms chickie

Susan, mmm peanut butter. With having 4 children, all of whom play sports, band, musical, 2 in confirmation, 2 in scouts, etc, I try to keep my personal food prep as simple as possible. My fruit bowel sits out so it's easy to SEE and grab. Brkfst is usually poached eggs and canned fruit. Many times lunch is a Campbell's healthy request, but I add water and spices and a half bag of frozen veggies. Supper I usually try to portion control what the rest of the family is eating. My main concern about keeping it simple is really so my family doesn't view what I do as a "diet." I do not want to send my DD's or DS's for that matter down the road my mom sent me on.

Sassy, This is a great group. So active. I'm loving it. Sure hope you feel better soon. My SIL works in a Children's Hospital also. She does social work and helps parents of premie babies get any kind of help, from financial to emotional, that they need. Difficult, but rewarding work.

Mindee, Good luck with the inlaws!

Shopaholic, Hope your dry throat is just the weather.

It's rainy here this morning so I think I'll do a yoga dvd. I'm suppose to walk with a friend at 2 today, but our weather screen is looking pretty iffy for that. I don't think I'll have to work today so my plans include mopping the kitchen floor and cleaning the bathroom. So exciting I know. My 13 y/o son and 11 y/o daughter have a band concert tonight. I plan to invite my mother for supper and then we'll all go listen together. I'm making that easy Campbell's recipe w/ chix breast, soup, and boxed stuffing so my brkfst and lunch will have to be light. On a good note my weight was down to 140 this morning. I can usually hover here pretty good it's going below and STAYING below 140 that's difficult.

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by lovnmom; 11-06-2008 at 08:41 AM.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #78  
RosieKate

Thanks for the cyber support my friends! I measured out one serving and threw the rest away. So I indulged, but didn't stick my face in the bag (and it was a big bag!) WI day is back up to 172..oh well. I guess that isn't so bad considering it was Halloween and Leigh's birthday.

What is with the germs..I have a cold,too.. are we spreading our cold around through our monitors, or what? I skipped gym yesterday and this morning, but I hope to be up to walking to my acupuncture appointment later this morning. That will get me one hour of exercise...if I do it.

Sassy and Francie ( and Jules, I suspect)...hope you are all feeling better...what a drag.

Kristi
- sounds like you have a good plan. Most days I start with en egg white omelette with spinach and tomatoes and a piece of fruit. Lunch is a blueberry banana smoothie with rice protein powder, soy milk, and ground flax seed. I have a snack in the afternoon. Ideally it's fruit or veggies with some kind of dip or crackers, but this is also the time of day when I tend to blow it. Now that there is a break in the festivities around her, I'm going to try really hard to stick to the plan, because when I do, it works.

Francie
- do you think the Twilight books are ok for 12 year olds? Friend of mine's daughter has a friend who is trying to get her hooked on them and wants her to see the movie. I think the movie should be really good because Catherine Hardwicke is a very good director. Both Thirteen and Nativity Story were very good.

Susan- hope you didn't have to deep clean - yuck. I probably should do that around here at some point. Right now I'm working on "purging"...just going through the kids' toys and clothes and culling out the stuff they have outgrown or no longer play with. Our house isn't vey big and with the birthdays and holidays coming up it'll get out of hand pretty fast. Bet you are looking forward to starting at the hospital!

Mindee - Boyfriends and girlfriends?! Heaven help us all

ok - gotta scoot and get these kids up and ready for school. Have a great day, everyone..hi to anyone I missed!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #79  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies....Just did a 3 mile ride and it was windy...whew! Just about blew me away. I kept thinking of the old lady on Wizard of Oz riding the bike. LOL...

Now I am off to the shower and then to lunch with my chickie friend. I started a new school in 6th grade and met her...we have been buddies ever since. That was 1960. Ugh...I am NOT that old.

I will do individuals tonight, but wanted to wish the "sickies" well today. Hope you all get better soon!
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #80  
I was born this way hey!

Kristy~2 of your kids are doing confirmation?? I was gonna do that, but it was just so expensive. I kinda regret not doing it though..

Katy~Ya, I think the books are okay for a 12 year old to read. The last book is a little mature though. The movie is gonna be different from the book, I can already tell you that. Nikki Reed from Thirteen is gonna be in it!! She's not exactly who I would've liked to have seen play Rosalie, but I guess she got cast in it, cuz she knows the director. Thirteen, btw, what an awesome movie!!!

Sue~It's great to still be friends with someone for that long!!! Does she ever get on your nerves?? LoL!!!

I think I got a "virus" from all the sickies on here. LoL!! Sorry..a little computer humor, lol. I feel like crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna go back to bed, except that I'm starving, lol.

Omg, last night, I was so bad, lol. I ate tooooooooooooo many mini Twix, lol. Fonzo had to take them away from me, lol. I probably gained back all my weight, lol. But in my defense..AF showed up on monday, and I didnt eat any candy before or on Halloween (cuz I was totally wasted, and didnt eat anything in general, lol). Oh well..I think my chocolate fix is over now, lol. Time to go back on the wagon again, lol. The side trip was nice, but I need to get back on my path.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #81  
I was born this way hey!

Oh ya...I'm gonna be joining a gym after next payday!!!! I told Fonzo that since he'll be paying it..it will be his job to drive me there and see that I dont waste my membership, lol.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #82  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

We made it to school just on time...w/ the time change I have been wide awake at 4am and when I finally get back to sleep I wake up 30 minutes late. Poor me....hope my internal clock catches up soon.

Sassy - You can call me anything you want. lol I have been called SuzyQ and Susie and my last name, which is kind of a first name. So. ya.....call me whatever......just don't call me late for dinner. hahaha. anyway, feel better!

Francie - I read Bachelor starts Jan.5th. Hope you aren't getting sick, pop some Vit.C's maybe?

Kristi- I love peanut butter. The food god's must have been thinking something different because when I went to the car to get the peanut butter sandwish the doors were all locked and my keys were in the ignition. Great. So, I called roadside service and they came and opened the door for me, thank goodness for insurance.
I like to add chicken tenderloin and veggies to canned soup. Evenings seem to be the tough time for me, if I can stop at 4pm and tell myself that I am done for the day that helps......course I haven't done that for awhile

Katy- Hope you don't get a full blown cold. So far Gab and I are doing ok but I guess Rach is sick w/ a head cold. Have to go to HR today at the hospital and do paperwork. I am looking forward to just 1 job!! Thanks.

Sue- sweet you have a friend from grade school, amazing. You are crazy to be riding in the wind. lol , be careful.....

Mindee- omg- the kids start early, huh?? Makes me feel old.....Gaby was silly for Brandon in another 1st grade class, the one she went to the bowling party for...I asked her the other day how he was and she said "I don't know...he plays kick ball w/ the other boys"....lol

oops, have to get to work! to everyone else!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-06-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #83  
kitty Momo

Update on the X-Mas exchange

Cristina
Asia
Jules
Sassy
Susan

I am not sure about Tammy???

Sue,Katy,Kristi, Mindee and Francie are passing on the exchange.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #84  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hi All.

UGH all I've been doing is sleeping!!! and I STILL feel like crap!!! Will I ever feel better????!!! lol.

K enough w/ the whining. I guess the good part of feeling bad is I have no appetite and hardly eat a thing.........Hmmmmmm........new weightloss plan? lol............Just kiddin'.

I am kinda hungry but I don't feel up to making anything to eat and we don't really have anything quick and easy.............

Well there I go whining again.....maybe you all should give me some cheese with my whine!!! lol..................

Kristi -- My DH works on all the machines in the hospital and he totally loves it. He used to be a paramedic/firefighter then he got hurt, so then he went to college and got a degree in computers, so now its kinda the "best of both worlds" and he absolutely loves his job now.

Francie -- That is how mine started!!!! So I feel for you!!! Take some meds and get some rest hon!

Suzy Q -- LOL. So I will just keep callin' ya Suzy Q then. hee hee hee...

Thanks all for all your well wishes. Well I am off to go yup lay down and watch tv.........again. Maybe this time I won't fall asleep! Ya right!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #85  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

You ladies have been busy little bees posting away.

Can't believe it is noon already, and I haven't gotten anything done...exercise that is. I was actually up at 7 too! Did get to the grocery store and got that stuff put away and that's about it.

Going to brave the wind in a few minutes...was kind of hoping that it would warm up a little. Only supposed to reach 57 but the wind is blowing 50-60 mph. So yeah, good luck to me walking in the wind. Only going to do half the walk and then hit the treadmill, unless I change my mind and just hit the treadmill instead. I was out earlier and it was a little cold...I don't want to get sick so...

Kristi...my route outdoors is 3 miles and then I will do a 2 mile Leslie Sansone Slim & Thin, Sculpt & Burn or Shape & Firm dvd. I will throw in The Biggest Loser Maximum Sculpt as well. I was mowing too but that's over so I will need to fill that in with something else. I try to get between 90-110 mns a day...doesn't always happen especially the last few days. But the way I see it, anything is better than nothing. Sounds like you have a great plan/menu. I need to work on the menu part.

Susan...hospital job will be here before you know it! I too like peanut butter...especially on english muffins, so good! Yeah the plants are for outdoors. I had pulled up two rose bushes in the front garden area and V thought it would look purdy with two holes, lol. He didn't even bother filling the holes. The plan was to fill them in the spring but need to do something with them now. I like your sister's way of thinking. I wish I could pull up/dig up about half of the stuff here and take it with me, lol.

Katy...no more M & M's for you missy! Hope you are feeling better today.

Francie...yay to the gym membership! Now that is motivation...making the hubby take you. Hope you are feeling better too!

Sassy...feel better soon too!

Sue...be careful in that wind! I would love to ride but it's hard enough just walking! Have a good lunch.

Mindee...boy & girlfriends already, yikes! Made me think of that Donny Osmond song...Puppy Love.

Hiya Jules, Asia & Tammy...hoping all is well with you ladies.

Okay, I better scoot and get some exercise done before starting in on something else around here. Right now I am doing some laundry...seems that has been put on the back burner the last few days-oops! Might just throw a dvd in and watch a movie while I walk.

Have a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #86  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, no real issues in this house today!

one of the maintenance guys that works here came over to change the furnace filter, which mind you is in Logan and Brandon's room. I opened the bedroom door and saw that Logan was sleeping, so I was hoping that he wouldn't wake up while Steve was putting in the new filter. Sure enough...........Logan slept through the whole thing! Him and Brandon must have been partying it up this morning at the butt crack of dawn in order for him to be that tired!

Marissa is refusing to take a nap like usual....so that is nothing new! although she is really quiet right now, so maybe I can get lucky in that aspect!

My in-law's are supposed to be coming over today to drop off some money for the cookie dough that my MIL and SIL bought from Brandon. And then they are picking up some stuff that they bought from Brandon's last fundraiser!

Kristi~ I just noticed that you live in Wisconsin, I have family that lives there! Where in WI are you at? They are in the Port Washington area.

Katy~ I wasn't sure about this whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing.......but I guess we are safe for now since they are so young!

Sue~ That is great that you are still friends with her after all these years!

Francie~ That sounds like me with the kids candy! I am a sucker for the small twix's and the small kit kats. Although it doesn't help that between the three of them, they got 33 full size candy bars!

SuzieQ~ I can't believe how early they start these days! It makes me wonder how much worse it could get when they get older! but then again, I don't want to think of that just yet!

Cristina~ I was talking to Brandon's bus driver today. She said that now they will only be picking Alexis up, and not dropping her off. so I am sure that Brandon will be bummed by that!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Katy, Great job on ditching the extra candy. I lucked out this year. None of my children got to go trick or treating. There was a special CSI exhibit at the MN Museum of Science so we took a little trip there over the Halloween weekend. I did indulge in a huge Juicey Lucy burger at the 5 to 8 Club in MNPLS though. I think I'm still walking the salt off from that bad boy!

shopaholic, mmm Twix. My nemesis right now is white chocolate covered pretzels that were ordered from the scouts. They are so good and just right there on the kitchen table!!!

Susan, Tough luck locking your keys in the car. At least your insurance paid. I spent two hours on the phone arguing with ***S about not paying for a Dr visit. They talk so sweet and call you back and check into it blah blah blah just to ALMOST always tell you, " sorry that service isn't covered under your current policy" grrr

Sassy, Be sure to drink plenty of fluids at least.

Cristina, That's a lot of exercise YGG! I get those kinds of minutes in during the summer months. I have two friends who's children play on the same baseball teams as mine. Some days we have kids at practice for 4 hours and we'll take 8 and 10 mile walks together, but once fall comes I rarely do more than 4 miles and that's just an hour.

Mindee, I live in a really small town in the sw corner of Junea county. Port Washington is at least a three hour drive from me. It's a beautiful area!

No yoga for me. The skies cleared and I was able to get a 4 mile walk in with my buddy Mel. Foods been good. Now, just so I don't overindulge on that Stove Top!
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #88  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hello from the sickie.

I thought this picture best looks like how I am feeling. lol.

Take care all!~

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #89  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, nothing really new since I last posted. Tommy and Brandon went out around the complex to sell some more cookie dough. They are going to go back out again on Friday to try and sell some more. Brandon had a goal of selling just four tubs, and right now, he is sitting at 10. If he sells two more tubs, then we get a free tub of cookie dough.

we are supposed to be going grocery shopping Friday night.....so I better get my butt in gear to figure out some dinner options for us! I am at such a loss that I am going to go and scour some recipe sites.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #90  
ugggg.....

Here I am again..I was feeling a little better but the runny nose and sneezing is here again...I hope Teri didn't give it back to me....

going to WW and I am scared--haven't been doing the things I should be....hopefully with the cold it won't be too bad...

you guys have been busy posters once again and there is too much to catch up on to do indys...

I will try to be a better poster....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote