Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #46  
kitty Momo

Hey All,

I can't believe DeAnna, Jesse is a sweetie, her loss...........

and speaking of loses I haven't lost much these last few weeks. lol I was 150 this morning. I am w/ you Cristina, I refuse to gain back!!!

Jules - Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Katy - Very exciting about going back to school, I am sure you will love it. Jealous alittle but maybe after things calm down next summer (because I plan to move to Astoria) I can think of taking some classes. Anyway, happy for you! I am glad L's party went well.

Sue - Ick to laundry...lol. You have a beautiful granddaughter!

Mindee- You need to slow down too! Hope the doctors appts go well. Did you get the kids their flu shots yet? I was thinking of doing that for myself and Gaby.

Cristina - sorry about the moving. It makes sense to be closer to J & C though, especially since you help w/ the little ones. I guess I should throw the halloween candy away...my mom said to just eat it all at once and be done with it. lol Gross. I didn't make Curves today, way behind for some reason.....maybe tomorrow.

Sassy- I am glad you are feeling better and way cute picture!

Franice- poor Jesse, do you know when the new Bachelor show starts?? Good for you on eating clean, I bet that felt good???

Not that I would know. lmbo

Hi to everyone else!!

I have to get Gaby home from a long day. She didn't have school so she went to all day care. I worked 5 hours and went shopping, dropped in at the apt and there was a message from the retirement village wanting to know if I was still interested, after 6 weeks. Ugh. So , I called back and they offer full time, with full medical, not as must pay though. It would mean working w/ seniors , which I like but I would have to work 2 jobs still.

blah - blah.....I just drive myself crazy with all the possibilites. lol I need to stop that. I will take the hospital one and focus on that for the next few months and it is soooooo close to Gaby's school and an area that I would love to live in. And working in a hospital that can lead to something better in the future.

feel ill about the 150 but my body does seem to like that number...maybe I should just take it easy and focus more on toning?? Probably lose weight doing that anyway....

k- guess I have done enough damage. haha

chat more tomorrow.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #47  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quickie...I rode 2 miles and my legs screamed at me.

Mom's Dr. was pleased and gave her a few months reprieve. He hopes her meds. keep her pain at bay since he can not do surgery on her. Now if her heart Dr. gives her a thumbs up in 2 weeks we will be happy.

Dentist in the a.m. and lunch with my BFF (friends for 48 years) Thursday...otherwise, a slow week.

Happy Tues. to all...
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:21 AM   #48  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Susan~I dunno when the new one starts. Is Jason gonna be the new Bachelor?? How could DeAnna not want Jesse?? He was so sweet, fun, and cute!! Psh she needs to get over herself. She's just a liar saying she wanted true love and blah blah blah.

Sue~BFF's for 48 years!! Wow..I've known my friend Elyse for 11 years!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #49  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

again, I am popping in here quickly! I am trying to name all the pictures that don't have any on my computer. It makes it so much easier to find them when I need them that way!

we went to the kids doctor's appointment! all of them are great. they all got their flu shots, and Marissa got a couple that she was needing. Brandon wasn't too sure about getting one since we told him that he wasn't going to be getting seen. I then told him that the shot would mean that he wouldn't miss any days of school, and he gladly took it without even crying!

now, wouldn't you know it, I hear a little barking seal coming from the bedroom! good thing he doesn't have school on Tuesday! (at least that is the one that I am thinking that it is!)

I am off to finish naming my pictures, checking my email, trying to get a grocery list/dinner list going, and then off to bed!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:14 AM   #50  
RosieKate

Well, DeAnna turned out to be in it for the fame, I guess. Believe it or not, I did watch the youtube and he looks like someone kicked him in the stomach. Francie, I did read that Jason will be a new Bachelor. Let's hope he doesn't turn into a major douchebag (pardon my french)

Mindee
- glad the kiddoes all checked out ok. I need to schedule my little darlings for their checkups. Flu shots for everyone - yippee.

Susan
- the hospital job sounds like a good move..2 jobs would wear you down after awhile. I thought you were already in Astoria. Are you in Hammond?
I need to pay better attention.

Sue
- glad your mum is feeling better...hope she gets her thumbs up in two weeks. My grandma is getting a pacemaker tomorrow and we are all glad. The meds hadn't been working, so now the pm should take care of her arrythmia and she can stop taking meds.

Cristina
- I remember when you did all that painting and it looks so good! Whenever I read about selling, they always say stick to neutrals paints..guess it helps people envision living in the house, but I for one like to see color on walls. How's the market where you are? Ours isn't as bad as the rest of the country. Houses are taking longer to sell, and for not as much, but our neighborhood hasn't seen a huge wave of foreclosures. Hope you are able to get a buyer quickly.

Jules - hope you are feeling better

Sassy - that Christmas pic is very cute..getting me in the spirit of things Hope your nose stopped dripping? Have you ever tried a Neti pot? I have one and it is a big help with stuffed up noses.

Hi to Tammy and Asia!

Yesterday was a busy one. I did Water aerobics at 6 am, then to L's school at 8, then again at 10. Off to acupuncture at 11:30. L had a friend over after school, then off to a short soccer practice for J. Whew! Thank goodness for Dancing with the Stars...I knit and unwound to cha chas and paso dobles. I think Susan Lucci may be the next to go...but it's hard to say. Soap opera stars have rabid fan bases and tend to stick around for a long time in the competition. Today is mellower. I have pilates, then I need to clean out my office. I am organizing a soccer party and a Robotics Party, and I need to do my monthly budget for Nov. Yikes! It's a computer day, folks.

It's election Day! Don't forget to vote! Madonna says so ( snort) Sorry...had to take a little trip down memory lane there.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #51  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Mindee~Wow, he must really like school then. I would've given anything to stay home from school, lol. I need to name my pics too..but instead, I have them all in folders.

katy~Poor Jesse..omg, thats so sad. I hate DeAnna now. She broke his heart. I should give him a hug, lol. So Jason will be the new Bachelor. Do you know when it will start?? I think him & Jesse are better off without DeAnna.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #52  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Red face

Hola.

Well now it is all in my head. I feel like all I do is blow my nose! lol. I had a very difficult time trying to stay awake lastnight too. UGH. One more night then I am off --TG!!!

Well I'm off to bed!!!

Have a Good One!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #53  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Scale said 147 this morning, woo hoo. Maybe I was full of sodium or chocolate....full of something for sure. haha.

Katy - I live in Warrenton at the moment, I really wanted Astoria but think summer is a good goal date, I couldn't stand to move before that time and I will need to save moving money. I think I can get a cute place pretty cheap, I like the idea of dublexes in the old Victorian homes, that would be nice. I saw one for only $500 ((1 bedroom))last week w/ a river view and close to the hospital. I had all of Gaby's swimmer damanged hair cute off last Sunday and here I thought she was becoming a blonde. lol I agree. 2 jobs looks nice on paper w/ all the $$$ signs but I would be working from 9 to 10:30 5 days a week. lol Argh......hung up my superwoman cape a long time ago!

Francie - I think Bachelor starts this month, maybe after Thanksgiving??

hi to Mindee & Sassy....and everyone else.

I better get to the motel, full day of CNN. I also need to work on Gaby's daycare for next week, During the week of training at the hospital I need to be there at 7am and the daycare centers don't even open til 7. So, I am networking and have 2 leads! Hope I get some positive results.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #54  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning, ladies...

SUSAN...yeah, that would be some long hours for sure. Yay to 147! Full day of CNN eh? You crack me up! the duplex sounds beautiful...anything with a view of a lake or ocean is always nice. Good luck with finding daycare!

KATY...the market here is not so bad. The realtor said the average sell of a house is about 77 days but it is taking a little longer...they are selling, just taking a little longer. Don't think the foreclosure rate is high here...I know there was one in our neighborhood but that was a while and not because of the market. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead, and had one yesterday as well. Have fun planning the soccer and robotics party. Loved the Madonna video, lol...she was so white and skinny!

MINDEE...glad the kids are well.

SASSY...hugs to you, and hope you feel better soon. Such a cute little kitty.

FRANCIE...I never could get into the Bachelor/ette after the first one. I tried again after a few shows-still couldn't watch, lol.

SUE...48 years!!! Wow, that is great! Glad your mom got a thumbs up and hoping she gets another from the heart doc! Ugh, dentist...have fun there Have a great lunch with your friend.

HIYA TAMMY, ASIA & JULES...hoping all is well with you ladies.

Nothing much planned today. V took another day off to do some more painting. He's almost done witht he hallway and the one living room wall, then heading down the basement. Glad he is painting and not me! I will be working on packing up Josh's room and working on the family room and our closets. He went and got a storage unit to put some stuff there. Mostly garage stuff and boxes in the basement, and Josh's stuff. I am sure we will be ready for the realtors showing next Tuesday.

Did start the day off with my walk. Didn't get anything (exercise wise) done yesterday other than my walk. So today I am making sure I get in more and lots of water! I have been lacking in the water dept. So much for a water challenge!

Hoping to go look at two houses today. Out of the two last night, the one we didn't get to see. They had two lock boxes and she only had one code to the one and the key in it didn't even fit any of the locks. So going to try and see it today. Don't like looking at houses in the dark anyway...you can't see everything outside. Okay...better get and get something done.

Have a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #55  

well, we have a day of chaos going on here. Brandon didn't have school today, so I was busy cleaning out our walk in closet, and they were playing and watching Nickalodeon. now we can actually walk into our walk in closet!

Logan was a turd and broke the centerpiece that was at our wedding. So, I had to hurry up and get them off the bed, so that I could take care of the broken glass. I tossed two bags of garbage.....took a bag over to the laundry room with some girls clothes in it, three books, and I think that was it.

I can't help but want to clean now since we had to do so much of it while getting ready for Logan's party. Now, that seems to be all that I want to do! OH yeah, I also have Tommy's work clothes in the dryer....so that will be my escape later!

sorry to cut this short, but the natives are getting restless again!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #56  
kitty Momo

Cristina- I wouldn't want to look at houses in the dark either. I have never owned a house or even been close though the ex and I were looking when we were together back in the 90's. He has a GI loan that he could use still, I wish he would do something w/ it for the sake of the R's. Anyway, I am glad the market there is good and you and V find a place soon. And thanks for the yay on 147, but you know............I have been there several times. lol

Mindee- Good for you on the walk in closet!! I have only been in the new place 2 months and it already needs some deep cleaning. lol Serious. I open the walk in closet this morning and shoved in the vacuum. And I really need to get some mopping in..... Oh, I still have to go look at your myspace and the pictures!

I did find day care for Gaby at the ungodly hour of 6:30am next week! Her teacher had given me the name of a lady that lives 2 blocks from the school and when I called she agreed to provide the daycare for the 3 days that I need it. So,yay....what a huge relief and 2 other children she watches are in Gaby's class so she will know them.I have seen the lady walk the kids to school before, looked like little ducks in a row.....haha.We will go Friday and meet her in person and let Gaby see where she will be going on Monday morning. My normal hours(after the week of training) will be 11am to 7:30pm on week days and 7am to 3:30 on S/S.

The ladies at the motel are dropping like flies, I hate to leave them in the lurch. The head housekeeper left w/ cancer (and she is only 36) and this other one asked if I would cover her Friday because she has to go in for a cat-scan. Sheesh, makes a good point for perventive care! Anyway, I am sore from all the stooping and pushing. I have had 2 deep cleanings this week and it is brutal on the legs and back. *wah,wah

They do have some beautiful homes here that are old boarding homes and such that have been made into 4-plexes or more. I think Astoria has the most registered historic homes in Oregon, if not the USA. blah - blah.

Sassy - hope you are getting some rest! Cute tiger pix. So, are we all set for the X-MAS exchange?!?!??!

One last word on DeAnna.......the reason she is a turd is she raked Brad over the coals for the way he treated her and she does the same thing to Jesse. If you don't love someone you don't love someone.......just don't make it a point every show (like DeAnna did) to put the guy (Brad) down.

k- adios, I have to go get the Gabster and get back to my CNN watch!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-04-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #57  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back again for a few minutes...

SUSAN...glad you found daycare. Also, good news that Gaby will know someone. Yeah, you may have been at 147 before but this is a new time, lol. Yeah, kinda dumb looking at a house in the dark...darn time change. Sorry to hear about the co-worker...that's terrible-cancer at 36...cancer at any age is terrible but I think it's sadder when you are young.

MINDEE...you are doing what I was supposed to do today, lol. I will get to it-I have a week so...but you are more than welcome to come on over and do it for me, lol.

Hi to everyone else!

Hope you find us Kristi.

Okay, me and V have been gone most of the afternoon so I didn't get more exercise in and I really need to go do more right now! So...I am off to do the treadmill.

Have a good evening
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #58  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Busy day.......I had the dentist appt. this a.m. (have to go back for a loose filling repair, ugh.) then breakfast with DH. Still trying to catch up around here...I wonder if it is really worth going away?
I made potato salad, baked beans and a pie (for Mom) today along with cleaning house. Tomorrow is more ironing and hopefully exercise. I sure haven't done much of that. It gets dark so darn early now and I have to re-schedule my day to get the outdoor things done. Actually, I feel like an airhead because I looked out and it was dark...just as I was thinking of riding. (2 days now..grrr.) And I am not blond.

Disclaimer to all the blonds: Just a haha..not serious.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #59  

well, I am sitting on my butt trying to relax! with Brandon home from school, it made today seem like a day from ****! none of them took a nap, so it made for an interesting time while trying to make dinner. Tommy went and cleaned two of the buildings while I made dinner. He came in the door and said that he could hear me yelling at the kids from across the parking lot. (I am not sure if that is a good thing or not)

I feel like I accomplished something with cleaning out our closet, although it wasn't on my list of things to do today! although I did get Tommy's work clothes washed so that made it off the list!

SuzieQ~ At least your vacuum has a place in the house! Our vacuum sits on our front porch! We don't have any room in the closets inside to keep it, so we stash it on the front porch. It really sucks in the winter time if we need to vacuum!

Cristina~ You want to take the kids? Or heck, I would leave them with Tommy for a while so I can think without getting screamed at! But then again, as soon as I hit the main road we live off of I would miss them! (even though they try to see how loud they can scream before they get yelled at)

Sue~ It is good to see you back on here! how was your vacation? I am the same way....I keep telling Tommy that the next time I dye my hair it will be blond!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:04 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies, I am a 44 year old mother of 4. I work part time and volunteer for our soccer league, cub scouts, and at church. To say the least Sept and Oct are very busy months for me. Sadly, I completely fell off the wagon and gained 6 pounds in just 6 weeks. I'm looking for fellow dieters who will help me stay on track. Cristina was nice and invited me here to share.
I'm totally starting like back in kdg. I had completely quit taking care of myself. Fruits and veggies and exercise haven't been part of my life and neither has water. I'd thrown out all the basics even! The past two days I have eaten at least 2 fruits and 4 veggies and have drank my 2 qts of water. I took a 4 mile walk with a friend yesterday and am doing 5 miles with the Boy Scouts today. I have a handful that need the 5 miles to earn Second Class. I have a great husband and my children are all over 8 yrs old so, my diet struggles are all of my own making. Thanks for giving me room to talk.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote