Old 10-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Default day 8--done!

OK, I ended up going swimming again--for 1 hour, 2150 yards. Whew! I am glad I did something, and ate reasonably all day. So Day 8 is in the books!

burhenns-- You have picked a nice, manageable challenge with a friendly, not overwhelming thread! Perfect for your first 21 days! I had that as one of my first ones as well. Needed to get with the program and really keep myself accountable for what I actually ate.

tex--I don't know how you all do so much with little ones to deal with as well. I am always in awe of the busy mommies on this board!
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #47  
Uggg... I goofed again.

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'3"

Well, today is done.

Weight - 184
Steps - 11153 (goal 11,000)

All was well until the Halloween candy showed up. I might as well just stuck my head in the bowl and started chewing. Well, tomorrow is another day. I hope my weight doesn't sky rocket.

I'm going to make it through Halloween without eating anymore candy.
sassybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:30 AM   #48  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Shannon! I also found food logging a challenge - but it sure helped me stay OP. Wish ya luck.

I got sick - lucky me - caught a wicked cold and cough and sore throat. All this on top of TOM.

Stayed completely OP yesterday. Gold stars for me..
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #49  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Day 3, pause-free

And, I was stunned this a.m. to see that scale had given up a pound Hoping to make a little more by official WI tomorrow.

Miriam, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! Always such a shock. Take good care of yourself, now, be gentle.

Sassy, how many times have I been there? Waking up Nov. 1 with mini-chocolate bar wrappers stuck to my face and a sinking feeling in the pit of my tummy. Blasted sugar!

Modcat, swimming sounds good! One of these days when I've got DGS I'll have to summon up the courage to appear in a bathing suit and take him to the pool.

Tex, I'm finding sleep a lot more appealing these mornings as we head into fall. Guess it's different in Texas, though?

burhenns, Accountability is what it's all about here.

Ufi, I think we need to assume that extraordinary circumstances may occasionally prevent us from meeting our goals. Fourteen hours?

littlefishy

Quixotica, a sackful of angry kittens? You must be exhausted.

Red, how about a little challenge? It'll make you feel better.

K, I'd better get back to work. Let's rock this thing!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #50  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

With 11.5 hours today, I'm going to start over tomorrow. I should be able to get off of work early with all of my time at work this week. I'm sooooo tired. I'm laying awake and dreaming about work. We're in the midst of a major transition. It's GOT to get better.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #51  

Default Day 9

Day 9 is in the books for water, and exercise. Unfortunately, someone brought in halloween c***ies at work and I had a half of one. Also, DH brought home a halloween c**c***, so ate that too, after my 75 minutes at the gym. (I guess I figured I'd already blew the day for sugar, so I ate it?) So one pause for the sugar and so still on Day 8 for that.

At the moment, feeling pretty good about my progress. Scale is hovering around 188-189, and my upper arms, my calves, and sometimes my face are looking a tiny bit thinner. Of course, tomorrow I could be looking really fat again, b/c of the food choices (or my mental outlook, or who knows?)

Suffice to say certain clothes are starting to have a bit more room in them--large t-shirts are beginning to drape, not cling, a bit of space in my jeans and pants which my thighs typical fill out very well, and my ring feeling a teensy bit looser. This simple band was on my third (ring) finger in the left hand, moved to my middle finger sometime about half a year ago, now getting a bit looser there and so may have to move it to right hand middle finger, which is slightly bigger.

And I had a workshop at work today and two guys there said I was looking hot! And a couple of the girls agreed, said I looked good! Probably just because we weren't in our typical work clothes and I had my hair down and curled a little, but, hey, I'm taking it!

Anyway, now I am just rambling so I'll check in tomorrow. Got to take a shower before bed........
Old 10-30-2008, 11:53 PM   #52  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Hi Texscrapper,
I am still here, sorry I did not check in yesterday. I am on the organizing committee for the haunted house/Halloween Carnival...I've been running my tail off! I did do exercise yesterday, and today, though, so I am still on track. Yesterday I did some jump rope and abs and arms. We had a rope jumping demonstration a couple of weeks ago. Did you know that there are world class rope jumping competitions? The woman who gave the demonstration could do a jump where the rope went around three times in one jump! Anyway, I tried out some of the moves and then did 20 minutes of conditioning jumping. She showed us some pretty great moves though! Today I did my belly dancing cardio workout. It is great for those abs!

Day 4 and 5 done

All this consecutive exercise has been good for me. I am down two pounds in the last five days! I think it was hanging around waiting for me to shake it to drop off! So, yeah!

Your days sound like mine. Some days I hit the ground running and don't stop til I drop. With kiddos that adds another stress that makes it hard to get the exercise done, so, yeah for you! How old are your children? Are they little enough that they like to exercise with you? I used to be able to talk my younger son into going swimming or walking with me. Now he is such a busy teen that it rarely happens.

Hi Shannon-Welcome! Keeping a food journal is such a great idea. I think I might do that for my next challenge. Good luck on the challenge and let me know what you learn about dieting from your journal.

Modcat-I have been waking up at about 3 or 4 am this week, too. It is almost grade reporting time for me and I know it is anxiety that wakes me up and then keeps me up. Maybe I should start doing my exercise in the morning, too. I think exercising at night gives me a charge that disrupts my sleep. I am so tired tonight and I am hoping that I sleep well. Do you find it harder to eat on plan when you are overtired? I sure do; I lack the will to plan well. I just want to eat something, anything and go to bed.

Hi Sassybiscuit-We are on the same track! I started at 3fc in July and I hope to lose all of my weight by the end of the summer or by October at the latest. I am 54 years old, so my weight loss might be a little slower than yours if you are younger, and actually, I started losing before I came to 3fc. I had hid the scale and refused to get on one for a long time, so I seriously don't know what I weighed when I started, but I have gone from a very tight 20 to a slightly snug 16 in pants. I started last spring when I could no longer tie my shoes without leaning sideways over my belly! you couldn't really see my chin and my face was round as a moon. My husband told me I am starting to look like the pretty girl he married again the other day. He never once said anything hurtful about my weight, but I know it matters to him. So, I felt good about that.

Do you have any reward or celebration plans for when you have lost all of your weight?

I want to go to Hawaii. I know that is a big deal, but I went once when I was heavy and did not want to wear a swim suit and felt so uncomfortable and self consious. My experience was overshadowed by how ashamed I was of my weight. Although I did have fun and did swim, I did not feel carefree. And, for me that has been the most damaging thing about being overweight; the way it has limited my life and joy. It is amazing how much more self confident I am as I lose weight.

Well gals, I am glad I checked in but I've got to get my poor tired hiney to bed. G'night, have a great Halloween!
Sheri
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:31 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Well, I didn't check in yesterday but I did exercise and I have exercised this morning so ... days 5 and 6 are complete!

Mod - I think the key for me balancing my kiddos is an extremly supportive hubby! He makes sure that I have "me time", is very involved in our family life, and loves spending time with our 3 boys - I couldn't make it without him WTG on the compliments at work! It always makes you feel good when people are beginning to notice all of the hard work you're putting in!

Miriam - Hope you're feeling better!

Arabella - Hope that our WI went well! The weather is cooler in TX - a chilly 45-50 degrees in the mornings - which is COLD for us! I know all you winter gals can stop laughing at us! I have been making myself get up and I remember why I likked it - a quiet house with no one else up is really nice!

Ufi - Hope all is getting better!

And my dear buddy Sheri - Glad to see you are still around! At least you should be wrapping up with the Halloween Carnival today - i know how crazy it can get! We just had the Carnival for DH's elementary school a few weekens ago and it was CRAZY around here! We made $50,000 so that was the plus, but I was beat afterwards!

Very cool about the jump rope exercises! I'm always weary about trying that - I feel like my chest will knock me out. That may just mean I need a better bra

I am a mom to 3 boys who all have Nov birthdays! The oldest is 8 and I have twins who are 3. They are so excited about Halloween - if only mommy would finish thier costumes! The oldest is going to be a scarecrow and the twins will be crows - I can't wait to take pics of them!

I think this daily exercise is helping me out as well - I am down 3.8 lbs this week so that was a great thing to see this morning!

Well, I'll check in again this weekend - That's the hardest time for me exercise wise, but I know that I can do it!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:46 AM   #54  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Day 1

Yeah, again. No catastrophes, just had a few too many nuts, not quite enough steps. But I'm gonna do it till I'm satisfied. And, this a.m. registered at 204.8. Not quite the 199 I was hoping to hit by today but some good progress. And ... next month, for sure!

Quixotica, I hear you on that fatigue/feeding thing. I work from home and when I'm tired sometimes I just don't have the will and focus to stay OP. And my kitchen is way too conveniently located.

Modcat, c** c***s! Why can't they just leave us alone? Congrats on all the congratulations -- they really are motivating, aren't they.

Ufi, hope the job stress gets better soon!

Hey, Tex, your a.m. temps are about as warm as it gets on a good day here this time of year. Maybe I oughta move south.

K, Challengers, let's do this right!

Last edited by Arabella; 10-31-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:53 AM   #55  
Uggg... I goofed again.

Well, day 8 is done and mostly successful. My weight was 184 and I got 11,212 steps (goal of 11,000).

I did get totally bummed out yesterday though. I had to read some reports for work and thought “Oh, I’ll just go have lunch”. First off, I never eat out, so I was really unsure where to go. I went to O’Charley’s and had a 1/2 Club Sandwich, a salad with low-fat dressing, a roll and a Diet Pepsi. I thought I did pretty well. I looked online when I got back to the office and that meal had 1,310 calories! OMG!

Today is another day. Too bad there’s gonna be loads of candy in the house tonight. I am NOT going to eat any! (I’ve got my fingers crossed!

Quixotica – It’s amazing to me that our journeys have so many similarities! I’m 32, so a bit younger, but boy have I been slow! I got frustrated and took a whole month off! I didn’t gain any weight on that month, but I took a good break. Congrats on the size loss! I’m still not sure that I can fit into a size 16 pants. I am shaped so much like a pear. It seems like I am losing weight on the top of me, but not as evenly on the bottom. I’ll take it where I can get it for now. I’ll eventually get to the toning thing. I kinda figure I’ve got to get to know a whole new body first. It’s wonderful for your hubby to say that! My hubby has said a couple things too and it makes me feel wonderful. My hubby never said anything hurtful before either, but sometimes it bugged me that he just didn’t say anything.

I don’t have any specific reward for when I hit goal weight, but my Mom and I are going to Cabo San Lucas for 2 weeks in February/March and I wanna be as little as I can be by then. My official “plan” says that I can be 169 by then. Its 17 weeks away, so I was hoping to be a bit closer to 159. I know what you mean by feeling too self conscious to feel carefree on vacation. My Mom and I take trips together fairly often and she’s little. I think she’s 5’6” and about 120 pounds. She can wear anything, so she likes shopping whereas I see it as a bummer of a challenge. I can’t wait to hear about your trip to Hawaii WHEN YOU GO! It’ll be fantastic and you so deserve it!

Texscrapper - I HAVE to see a picture of your kiddos in their costumes. I actually laughed out loud envisioning them. HOW ADORABLE! I havea 7 year old son who is a Clone Trooper this year. He doesn't want any part of me making a costume.

Take care everyone and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Last edited by sassybiscuit; 10-31-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:04 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Sassy - I'll post a pic as sson as I can tomorrow - rigt now I am swimming in black feather boas We've done group costumes since the twins came along - They have been a cowboys and his 2 cows and a rancher and his horses, and a farmer and his pumpkins - We live on a ranch and my big boy was a bit obsessed with the whole farmer/rancher/cowboy idea!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:30 PM   #57  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Angry time to try again....

Well, people, I think it's about time to get back in here. The thread is hopping. Incredible. What sometimes a new thread won't do, eh? I can't keep up. There are too many people, and prolific posters at that. But, I wish you all continued good luck and determination.

It's amazing how much damage you can do in a week..well, I can do. Drinking, smoking, overeating, junk food, sloth...it ain't pretty, but my entire routine was smashed not being able to ride my horse and I can't justify going all the way out to see her when I can't ride. But, I probably should if it's causing me to be so depressed.

But, today is Nov. 1 and what better time to get off my arse and start anew, or a old, or whatever. Back to the grind. Back to the old boring stuff. But, heck, my recent ways are pretty boring as well. That's part of the problem. I never stick to anything GOOD long enough to really see results. Then again, I don't see huge weight gain or anything so at least that's a positive.

I just have to make a commitment and DO it. Arabella, I loved your little challenge suggestion (with the cute little font size and all) but little challenges are just not me. I can't get into them...then again, maybe I can do them in addition to bigger ones, so that if the bigger ones fall, I can still have them to keep me mentally afloat. Hmmm. Better think fast. I am NOT going to go through another damn day floundering. I HAVE tried to get back on the wagon, but would go a day and then fall off again.

Hmmm.....OK, actually, Arabella, I am going to take your advice and start off small and go bigger. I am really, really way too depressed to start big and I know I will just blow it in a day. I don't feel committed because I am going through quite a bit of self-loathing brought on by the downers in my life. I think when they occur...as they always do.....I turn them onto myself as if I were the reason for them and then do considerable damage as I beat myself up in this perverse self-disgust. Hmmm......definite childhood wounds here. Oh, damn, I'm so sick of all this. Just get on with it, will you and stop your pouting!

OK, challenge No. 1 This isn't directly weight or health related, but I think it will help the others. The depression has me living in utter filth and I don't want to do anything. Thankfully, I still keep myself in order, but the room, my God, even I am incredulous and that's not an easy feat. I just leave my room and put it out of my mind so nothing gets done and since I am barely ever home, nothing ever gets done. I have to start small and keep at it. I have to make positive changes. So, I'm going to start here and I just know it will carry over to other things very, very soon. I have too much pride for it not too.

So...I will call it my:

Sunshine Challenge
Clean something and write it in a log -- No pauses

That's it for now. If the day seems to be getting better for me, I will add to them perhaps even before the day is out.
Wish me luck!!

texscrapper, sassy, Arabella, Quixotica, mod, Ufi, miriam, burhenns, littlefishy, Apple, Shy, jolly, Fish, I'll try to talk to you all soon! Best of luck and hope to see some of you who haven't been posting back soon! Oh yes, who was it?....!...Quix...yup, I live in Tokyo. Working and walking and all those things. I never thought of writing a "walking post." Interesting idea. You are definitely an English teacher! I certainly wouldn't want to bore anyone here with such, but maybe I could put it on a blog or something...tell me more about how these actually look. I'm curious.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #58  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking

OK, I just finished a touch of cleaning. Today was easy, of course, because there is SO much to do. I know I'm probably grossing you all totally out, but just think of a bachelor pad....oops, didn't mean to gross you out again, just making excuses for myself.

Anyhow, I feel better already and that's what I was hoping for. I even found myself doing a little bit more here and there even though I'm not going to log it. You know, just the little pick up as you go, which is something I've stopped doing. I know when I'm really depressed because I go into paralysis mode except for things that are absolutely necessary or in view by others. But even that, unless it's an absolute routine and even then I find it more and more difficult to do. Sigh.
Heh, things have been very tough for me. But, wish me luck. I'm fighting this.

Sunshine Challenge
(because clean makes me feel SUNNY inside!! )

Day 1 complete no pauses allowed

Three cheers to me!!!!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #59  
Uggg... I goofed again.

Redballoon - YEAH! Congrats! I know when I'm down and self-loathing, the one thing that kick-starts me is to make my bed. I have no idea why that makes me feel like I've accomplished something, but it does. When you start small goals, they need to have instant gratification. I think your cleaning goal is excellent! Instant positive results makes everyone feel just a bit better! Bravo on Day 1!
Old 11-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #60  

Well, suffice to say I am still stuck on Day 8 for sugar. Last night being halloween, no further needs to be said!

Finished Day 10 for exercise and water, starting Day 11. But boy, I am sore--too much working out? I will do an easier WO today, I think.

To top it off, my DH started a major home project yesterday morning. We will be working on this all week-end and it will still have things to do next week-end. I am first mate, or right-hand man, or whatever. So I stand around and help however he wants me too, pretty much. Well, the end result will justify the means, but I really don't like having my entire week-ends taken up with that type of work. He was up and at it early today, before I had a chance to get out to exercise, so I am keeping my fingers that I can get out later today to the gym.

Red--so glad you are trying to deal with some issues besides your weight/exercise. I have to focus a bit more on some other issues as well--sometimes I have been too focused on this part of my life that other areas are slipping a bit.....

Arabella--you are rocking, in the zone, whatever! We will persevere!

sassy--that is why I hate to eat out much anymore without planning almost exactly what I am going to get. There are SO many hidden calories in all that restaurant food! If home, paradoxically, I am better now, b/c I have been stocking up on lots of healthy options and try to keep out the junk. But out--I just get salads with meat or fish, or maybe soup, or something I know is not WAY too much. For dinners, usually a chicken or seafood thing. Or even a vegetarian thing. But it's tough, I agree, to know exactly how many calories you are eating.

tex--those kids' costumes sound adorable! This year I saw so many cute costumes! And being this is the first time in a new neighborhood, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't buy enough candy! I passed out to over 80 kids, had to turn off the lights, could have had double that amount! But I was so determined to not over-buy this year, and where we used to live didn't have more than that. But here, the streets were teeming!!

Quix--I find it harder to do anything when I'm overtired! But yeah, I want to eat for energy or for reward or comfort, much more when I am over worked and overtired. It's not just because I am hungry. I am trying to make myself feel better, I guess. But--WTG on the jump-roping! I really don't like it when my trainer makes me do it--not my favorite exercise at all. But I guess it gets results!

And yes, I always hate myself in a swimsuit also, but I'm beginning to feel a tiny bit better about it. Still, it's my thighs, and that darn cellulite......

Ufi-- I hope things start calming down for you soon. It's horrible when work overtakes your life for too long. Too much stress, too little reward. It's amazing you can even find the time to post here recently!

miriam--did you get your passport?

the everyone else! Gotta go, DH is yelling for me......