Old 10-28-2008, 12:17 AM   #31  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Thanks for the interest in the novel. I think I'd like to keep the title private, as that way I can still be honest about what's going on with me and no one will be the wiser as to who I really am. It isn't about losing weight, but hey, maybe I will write about that one day! I've written for day 2 of 2. If I can keep this up, I'll have my draft done by the end of the year.

Sounds like some folks are doing very well. Good job! For those who aren't, keep your chin up. I had a very stressful day today, too, but we've got tomorrow! [insert theme song from "Annie."]
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:05 AM   #32  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Time to reassess my challenges

I think I need a little more wiggle room in my challenges... So, starting over with (three pauses):

• At least 12,500 steps a day, 6 days a week
  • CORE
  • 3L water a day
  • Either yoga or tai chi daily
  • Tracking food
  • Eat only when seated at table (occasional dispensation possible -- BUT must write down food to be eaten in advance and eat only that amount)
  • Daily weigh-in
  • 8-10 servings fruit/veggies

Ufi I share your dream! I'm a writer working on my own stuff at the same time as I do my day job, too. Oh for a patron ... or a grant!

Modcat, I hear ya on the mysteries of scale. However, look at your progress -- however it works, it's working!

Red, hope you're feeling better today. You hit the nail on the head when you talked about taking control being the only way up and out of depression.

Quixotica, it would take a miracle to make my goal this time -- hey! I'm open to it But I have made progress and ... next month, for sure! Thanks for the cheer

Sassy, maybe you could try cutting down on sugar? It is a little daunting to try to cut it out. I mostly don't eat it.

Miriam, you madwoman! You need to take care of yourself and get extra REST when you're home sick. Please pamper!

I could go back to bed right now myself. Not sick but just slightly under the weather and tired. But. Better get to work.

Let's take this day and make it work for us!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #33  
Uggg... I goofed again.

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all!

I just have time for a quick note. You all seem to be pretty well, lots of posting going on! I'm still doing well. I'm starting on Day 6. It started REALLY WELL already, as I got on the scale and it read 184! I drank only water yesterday, maybe that's why, but YEAH anyway!

Day 5 - 10/27/08
10,117 steps (goal of 10,000)
Weight - 186

Last edited by sassybiscuit; 10-28-2008 at 08:55 AM.
sassybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #34  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Arabella - I'm with you - need to reassess my challenges too....

But my problem is - life seems so overwhelming right now that just waking up and doing minimal functioning seems too much.

One of my very, very dear friends died this morning. She was turning 34 next week. I went to the funeral and I am just beside myself.
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #35  
Uggg... I goofed again.

Oh Miriam - I am so sorry.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #36  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Miriam, I am so very sorry to hear of your friend's death. How young she was. My thoughts are with you. Please take care of yourself.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #37  

Hi, everyone. I just signed up for this forum tonight, specifically because I came across this thread and just loved the whole idea right away!

I'll be starting tomorrow, since it's already 11 pm, and I'm taking on three challenges. No, I'm not ambitious...I just want to get through at least one my first time around!

Challenge 1: No binges!
I'm one of those all-or-nothing kind of people. If I mess up a bit, I give up for the rest of the day. Well, not anymore! For 21 days, I won't compulsively eat and I'll stick close to my calorie requirements (which might change since I'm experimenting with what works). This will be a level 3 for me, since I know I'm going to have a lot of trouble and don't want to get discouraged.

Challenge 2 is one that a lot of you are trying, which should be fun.

Challenge 2: Exercise every day
For me, this means switching between aerobics one day and weight training the next. This one will be a level 2.

And finally, my last challenge is the same as Ufi's -

Challenge 3: Write for at least 10 minutes every day
Yes, I'm a writer too - and unpublished, unfortunately. But I'm in the middle of four completely different novels with varying levels of progress, and I'm determined to get some work done on them. This is level one for me, since I've done it before. Ufi, you should try NaNo with me anyway! I've never won, but I get at least 30,000 words done every year.

I can't wait to check back in tomorrow and see how all of you are doing. And Miriam, I hope you're okay after such a sad and painful event. We're all here for you.
littlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:43 AM   #38  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Hey Tex,
I didn't make it today I had to take my one pass day. I am a high school teacher and I felt like I tackled a sack of angry kittens all day. yikes, they were wild! I was exhausted when I got home. Watched a movie, vegged out. I will get back on track tomorrow.

Miriam-I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences and compassion. The loss of a dear friend cannot be replaced

Ufi-I can understand wanting to preserve your anonymity! Good luck at having your work published. What an exciting adventure!

Sheri

Last edited by Quixotica; 10-29-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:18 AM   #39  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for all your good wishes, everyone.

If I were a drug addict - I'd be getting stoned.
If I were a drinker - I'd have finished off a few bottles.
If I were a smoker - I;d puff a few packs.

But I am a food person - always ready to down my sorrows with chocolate.

What is it about me that prevents me from dealing effectively with difficult feelings, so I'm always left looking for some unhealthy outlet to substitute the pain for?!

Back to being in the bad way.....
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #40  
Uggg... I goofed again.

Hey all! I completed Day 6 successfully. I weighed in at 184 and got 10777 steps. Today was my official weigh-in day and I came in at 184 still! WHOO-HOO! I ate 1831 calories yesterday, which included a mint-chocolate-chip Drumstick. YUM. It was so worth it.

I didn't wake up until 9am today, so I didn't have time to get on the treadmill. My steps also go up to 11,000 today, so I'm gonna have to take work breaks to walk around the building or something to make up for not getting on the treadmill. Darn it! I'll check in later, of course!

Littlefishy – Welcome! Those challenges look tough! How are you today?

Quixotica – It looks like we are around the same. When did you start your journey? My official start date was June 18th, 2008 and I an wanting to be done (losing) by June 12th, 2009.

Miriam – Please take care of yourself. I believe that there is a place in life for comfort food. I work with abused/neglected children and they are always seeking comfort food. It seems like a natural response. Don’t be too hard on yourself about it, just try to move forward. Perhaps the comfort food can be lower fat or something? I know you are strong by your posts and right now, you have a lot going on.

Take care all! I love reading all your posts!

Last edited by sassybiscuit; 10-29-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #41  

Sassybiscuit - Love the name! And good luck with your walking today.
I'm doing well today so far. I went grocery shopping and didn't even have to taste everything when I got home! :P I bought a ton of salad ingredients so I'll have something to grab when I know it'll be hard to stop eating.

I haven't written anything yet, but will as soon as I'm done posting this. And I did exercise - I walk half a mile most days, so I don't count that, but I walked an extra half mile today. I'm also planning on hopping on the exercise bike later on for about half an hour.

How is everyone else?
littlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

littlefishy-- Here's to your success for 21 days (and longer!)

miriam-- No words are adequate......

to everyone else!! I am halfway through Day 8, but feel like a slug today! I actually had a busy work day yesterday, and being determined to really ramp up the exercise, forced myself to go swim last night at the adult fitness class and ended up being pushed by the coach (in a really good way) to do 2600 yards and several sprints mixed in. About 1 hour, 20 minutes.

Well, I was exhausted last night, and slept like the dead from 9pm 'til 3. Then gosh darn, I wake up, and of course can't get back to sleep. My mind starts worrying about things, etc. I hate it when that happens.

So maybe a combination of factors today, but I haven't done anything except watch the tivo'd TBL and emailed/talked with some friends and relatives, and gone through bills, etc. I am sooo trying to push myself to get out and do some exercise and move off this couch! And do something productive like go shop for dinner and organize some closets or something (that's for you, miriam! lol) Why are these low-energy days still coming? Hasn't my mitochondria become less lazy yet??? (reference to old post)
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 PM   #43  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

With a 14-hour day yesterday, I didn't get to writing. I'm not going to take a pass, just start over.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #44  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Okay folks, here I go!!! I have never done any of these challenges before, but I need some accountability right now, so here goes!!!!

My 21 day challenge is going to be a level 1, with 1 pass day (because it should be easy!!!!)

Log my food every day in my nutrition journal!

...INCLUDING when I go off plan!

It should be the easiest thing in the world, but I have slacked off on it, and --
surprise, I've slacked off on my plan as well!!

I need to step up my workouts as well, but I've been doing okay there, so I'll start with the food journal.

Thanks for the thread!!!!

Last edited by shannonmb; 10-29-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Didn't want that icon there.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi all! I'm still here - just didn't get a chance to check in yesterday

Quix - Don't feel bad - I had to use my one pass day today I just didn't get up early enogh - had to get the kiddos ready for school and then I ran errands all day got home, fixed dinner, went to work, came home folded clothes and am about to go to bed - Oh well - at least we're still on the same day!

I did exercise yesterday, but not today, so I have completed 4 days. I am MAKING myself get up early tomorrow - no excuses!

Goal: Exercise daily w/1 pass (used )
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote