3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   New Beginnings - Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/154676-new-beginnings-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

derrydaughter 12-21-2008 01:17 PM

Hey everyone! I'm here and hoping some of you will come back and hang in. I don't get what happens on 3FC sometimes as I don't seem to get thread notifications when there are posts here.
I'm being honest here.... it's been a rough few weeks. We had a bad ice storm and we lost electricity for 8 1/2 days. What a nightmare, I lost total control as survival just had to take place. Now, I am facing a week of holiday parties and eating and I need to get back on track as of next Sunday. I plan on returning to a few WW meetings, I think. Time to get in shape!
Hope things are OK with you all.

djmommy 12-29-2008 08:05 PM

Hi all I am Back...WHEW what a busy time it has been for me... After going to Florida for vacation things just got CRAZY!!!!!I will be so glad when things get back to normal... Time to think about me big time and doing the exercise ect....

I have gained weight and it is not really showing on the scale like it does in my clothes. I have started to slowly try to work the gym back into my life but when I do I swear I get sick. I have had 4 colds since sept. and the flu... So My time has been cut due to the colds. This new job I swear I am catching everything under the sun. I even got the flu shot. I am just getting a cold and wanted to implement my workout before the new year. I shall start on wed. Tom is busy unless I can fit it in during the day... I hate to say this but the tree is coming down tom.. I am tried of all this extra stuff in this house. We are and will still have fun family time and play games ..Just without the tree.

My goal is to TRY to get on this site daily if not every other day. I will weigh in tom and let you all know my beginning weight...EWWWW

That is about it I am tried and my cuddle up in bed with a good book. cio Barb

derrydaughter 12-30-2008 07:23 AM

Barb, so sorry you have been ill so many times. Are you taking vitamins? Also, of course, eating right and getting enough rest is certainly something to take a look at. When I feel a cold/virus coming on, I take echinacea. Do you know what that is? It generally helps me fight off things. Also, just a thought, if you seem to catch things from people at work, might be wise to invest in some antibacterial wipes and wipe down common areas in your workplace. Wouldn't surprise me if one or more people you work with are not hand washing like they should. Door handles, light switches, lunch rooms, etc. are all places where people touch. If you don't want to be conspicuous, a well place container of hand sanitizer on your desk that you use frequently is certainly a good idea. I feel for you! People can be so inconsiderate about sharing germs.
I too, want my tree OUT today, but I don't think my husband will go along with that, he wants to wait until New Year's Day. I'm tired of all the stuff around, and want the house looking neat and clean again!
Yesterday was our last official holiday gathering and now it's up to me to eat better and take care of myself, which includes exercise.
So, I'm "in" here and hope that we can inspire each other and that maybe some of our old friends return as well.
Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better and don't spend as much time sick in 2009!
Happy New Year!!!!

djmommy 12-30-2008 09:14 PM

hi well not a great eating day ... still have bad things in my cupboards! I did take the tree down! I have never done this as early as this year but I do feel better about it. I still have a full day left of projects though. I just cleaned out the den and put all the junk from it in the basement. Now I need to sperate into goodwill items and craigs list items. My boys are growing out of a lot of their toys which is sad but kinda nice at the same time. We have soooo much of everything. They are good kids and are spoiled by their aunts and uncles ans a little from mom and dad :) So tom I need to tackle the crawl space and basement and I should be ready for the new year.

We have had such a wonderful vacation so far! I am going to miss those kids a lot when they go back to school. I am sure they are going to be bummed as well. We have been playing board games like crazy. My youngest is into connect 4 and clue and the older one is into Stretego and risk. So we have been busy

Not going out tom. I am glad can get caught up and bring in the new year with the boys!!!! Chat with you later Barb

haylo921 12-31-2008 03:48 PM

Hello everyone,

Well the hoiday season has been a busy time, but it is coming to an end. Either way I need to really get back on track and focus. I have continued to do well with excercise except strength training but my eating is no so focused. So that is going to me my goal for the new year to eat better. It's hard but I can do it.

I hope everyone is doing well. It seems so quiet here, where is everyone??

djmommy 12-31-2008 09:11 PM

Happy New year everyone! We are home today just finished snacking sorta only had a few ribs and a wee bit of steak. But I did have chocolate..... Oh well. we are going to play a few games and we are staying home. We were invited to a few parties but I am just not feeling it today.. so a total family day.. Not sure if I can make it until 12 but I must say I am ready for a new year for a new beginning for a weight loss. I worked out today and cleaned our crawl space.....that was a workout in itself. I plan on going to the gym tom so a good start thus far.. Need to record food though!!!! Have a grea today and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!

derrydaughter 01-01-2009 07:27 AM

Happy New Year from me as well!
We had lobster last night, it's a family tradition. I decided I'd have it and enjoy it and try really hard to let this New Year be a clean slate today. I know and you all know there are going to be special occasions throughout the year and I know that I can still have a good results if I work around those days with good planning.
I'm motivated to restart today. My refrigerator is stocked with good and healthy choices, my treadmill is calling my name. I sure won't be going outside today, if I can help it as it's only 1 degree out here with high winds. A good day to exercise indoors, eat well and put away holiday decorations and get rid of the Hershey kisses on my kitchen counter!!!!
So, what's the menu for today, ladies?
Any new ideas?

djmommy 01-01-2009 05:30 PM

HI Nope just left overs for us kinda a grab and go... The boys are watching football and dh heated up the ribs and a steak that was left over from yesterday. So I had a 1/2 sandwich today and and for dinner had shrimp cocktail, 2 ribs and a small piece of steak maybe 1 oz. Not much but I am really not that hungry! I am having a lite beer though as I type. I never drink beer and it just sounded good?? I did not exercise today. My back is sore from cleaning out our crawl space. Every time I bend over it is sore. So I am just doing what ever today. In a whole I am happy with what I accomplished this week and hope I keep up the organization.

I am going to plan some meals tonight if I feel up to it..(I really want to go and read my book) If I come up with anything good I will let you know. Derry are you going to ww? I am debating... I hate figuring out the point system.. I may just count cals again....Chat later bARB

derrydaughter 01-02-2009 07:06 AM

Barb, quite honestly I am debating going back to WW. I want to try out the new plan, Momentum, that they are offering. I am hearing some good things about it.
I feel lost without a plan. I feel like I am floundering a bit and not accomplishing anything. But, here I am, just coming off the holidays and what do I expect?
I hope some of our old group returns here and try to be part of things, but I guess that time is "gone by".
I feel like I am not a WW person anymore, but what am I then? I want to be healthier and still want to drop weight, but I am so stagnant. Those height and weight charts are somewhat meaningless for me, in a way. I just know I'd be healthier and happier at around 140 instead of the 159 I weighed when I dared to get on the scale yesterday.
So, no matter what I end up doing, I need help and support. So, here I am!
Let's keep trying, even if there is no official plan, doing something is better than doing nothing. We must get back into exercise as well, Barb. Just like you, I did not exercise yesterday even though I said I was going to. It was only 1.9 degrees here yesterday morning and I must say that just made me want to curl up and lay under a blanket. I also allowed myself to be taken out to dinner last night and kind of blew it, yet again.
This is not trying at all.
So, the plan for today:

breakfast: oatmeal made with skim milk and Splenda brown sugar

20 minutes on treadmill

mid-morning: banana

Lunch:
Garden vegetable soup (from the freezer, made some a few weeks ago in preparation for after holiday use)
cottage cheese
Melba toast or triscuits

mid-afternoon:
popcorn, pear or apple

dinner:

pasta, red sauce, 2 small meatballs
salad, oil and vinegar

Dessert:
WW frozen ice cream cone, 2 points

So, that's my plan and I'm really going to try!
My problem is that if I have no plan, I lose control, so today there is an official written plan and perhaps that is all I need?

Good luck!!!!!!

djmommy 01-02-2009 05:47 PM

Good for you Linda! Well I started as well with a plan this morning and BLEW it today.... I had an egg and lf string cheese for breakfast and a few almonds...Lunch was celery with laughing cow cheese and a yogurt than we stopped at a pup for the boys to have a snack and I ordered 2 beers and had 2 fried pickles and some jalopeno pepper poppers... OMG everyhting was bad but they were hungry and the dh wanted a beer after out trip to COSI. So Again I rarely drink beer and wanted one really bad. I wonder if it is because I know I should not and so I do...Oh well tom is another day... I was going to do south beach just for 2 weeks to jump start my diet. I know I can not live like that forever but really it is just eating high fiber foods and introducing certain foods into the diet again to see if they make the scale go up... I have done this before and was really successful. It is just really hard to do for 2 weeks with the restricted diet of not fruit! and of course no bread... But I am thinking about it and I think my dh may as well. That helps a bunch. He just got his results from his cholesteral back and he needs to bring it down so I think he is all about losing a few. He only needs to lose about 17 pds... Oh how I wish!!!! !

It sounds like you have done well so far, I wish I could weigh that much. I weigh the most than I ever have and would love to be at that weight. It sounds like a great weight to be at....Just take it slowly and it will come off and or at least maintain.I will chat later. Barb

derrydaughter 01-03-2009 10:57 AM

Barb, we all have days when we blow it. I wonder if it's just hard jumping back on the weight loss bandwagon for us? I certainly wasn't perfect yesterday, but was better than I have been in a long time. I got on the treadmill both today and yesterday, that is a good sign.
My scale moved down to 157 this morning from 159 yesterday. Could be just water weight as we had Chinese food (very high sodium) on Monday evening. That was supposed to be my last hurrah for the holidays. I hope that is true.
I feel kind of sad and depressed, though, and I worry that this is not going to help me stay on track. Having lost both my mom and dad three years ago, 4 months apart has taken it's toll on my holiday. I have to accept they are gone and not allow that to interfere with my health anymore.
So, I'm going to try hard.
I need to get in control. I looked up a recipe to try tonight for dinner in one of my WW cook books. Planning is helping.
Thanks for being here, Barb.

djmommy 01-03-2009 07:56 PM

I know it is hard during the Holidays, I to lost my Dad and my nephew. My Nephew being an awful death. My sis really has a terrible time during these times as well.

My diet went pretty good today.
Breakfast. A low carb kinda drink made with Ricotta cheese. Sounds nasty but very yummy
Snack. Laughing cow cheese and celery, some raw pumpkin seeds
Lunch... Morning star burger on top of a salad and lf cheese , fresh salsa and ff sour cream
Snack...String cheese and nuts diet coke
dinner... chicken and veggies and some cheese off of a very small piece of pizza,and a salad...Nuts

I need to back off on the nuts.. Dh had hem out and I would sneak some here and there. Also went to a party and had to have a little drink they made with orange juice and pop and sherbert. I had maybe a 1/2 cup worth and really did not want it but did not want to hurt the hostess feelings. I also did the eliptical for 1hr today! So I think all in all I did good... I planned my menu out for the week and went grocery shopping. So I am hoping this will all work out.

I will chat tom.. have a great night. Barb

derrydaughter 01-04-2009 07:13 AM

Wow, Barb, one hour on the elliptical is impressive! I'm proud of you for that. You surely will have results if you keep that up!
I spend 20 minutes on the treadmill and hope to do that again today. I have to plan my time wisely, though, as I want to get to church as well.
Today is the last day of any kind of vacation-mode that I can get away with as my DH has been home since the Friday before Christmas on vacation. It was nice to have him here all that time, but he is a bad influence on me as far as food goes. So, I hope to keep on track today and not allow him to lead me down the wrong path.
I know that not wanting to hurt the hostess thing quite well. When we were down at my in-laws, the weekend after Christmas my mother in law made a big deal about a Tiramisu that she purchased from some club they belong to that was to be our dessert. My FIL said he didn't like it and my husband was kind of mean (according to me) and said he didn't like Tiramisu and there was a lot there going uneaten. So, I decided I wouldn't hurt her feelings and has some and I didn't even LIKE it. What a waste of calories, but I still made a valiant effort not to hurt her feelings.
Sometimes, we really are in a position like that and we have to just accept the calories and know we are doing something for someone else. You can't eat like that all the time, but once in awhile for the sake of some one's feelings, it's a nice thing to do.

djmommy 01-04-2009 12:24 PM

Ok Linda I lost 4 pds I am sure it is water retation but I will take anything. I need not to weigh myself daily. I am going to try once a week since maybe that throws me off as well. I did go to church last night so I got up and did this workout thing. This time i did the elliptical for 30 min and the tread for 30 at 4.o and level .5% on and off. I told my dh that I am going to start going to church on Saturday nights...which he hates but the kids and I love that we have our Sundays free. This way I can get to the gym on Sunday. Another day in the mix can not hurt! So my plan is Monday, Wed and Friday, Sat and Sun are workout days. Lets see how that goes.. I already can not make it tom since my dh has car issues and needs to take my car to work.. Maybe I can do a tape or if it is nice walk outside!

Looking forward to a great day Plan..
Breakfast.. Protien ricotta shake
Lunch..hard boiled eggs, salad
snack may try chick peas roasted???
Dinner.. Roasted chick with califlower mashed pot and salad.
Snack maybe lf yogurt... I will keep my fingers crossed that I stick to the plan... Have a great day Barb

derrydaughter 01-05-2009 06:24 AM

Barb, if you posted that protein ricotta shake recipe, I'd be very pleased. It sounds interesting.
Judging from what you posted that you are eating, you are doing the So. Beach thing? It's very similar to Adkins, isn't it? I tried both and get leg cramps, very badly, when I go low carb. It must be me, I guess. I know it's from a lack of potassium or something like that.
Yesterday wasn't a good day, yet again, for me.
Today, I have a quilt guild meeting and there is always tons of food. I am going to try to bring something of my own to eat and stay away from the goodies. It's so hard, though, as there is a huge spread of food at each meeting.
Wish me luck!
I sure wish some of our other old friends would come back, wonder what has happened to them all? I find it interesting that this is THE time of year for so many people to be "dieting", yet they are not here.
I also wonder about Tech's husband and his cancer. I hope they are doing OK, especially. I emailed her and didn't hear a thing.