Old 11-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #31  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Do we want to be at a proper weight so our bodies are fighting for us, or are we going to allow more fat cells to expand and to become even more sedentary. It's time to FIGHT!
Now there's the Linda I know!!

I opt for fight!!

And BTW, they found a mass in my breast also this past July. Could be anything from a swollen nymph node to... We've decided to keep an eye on it for 6 months to see if it grows or goes. My next appointment is in December for a look see. A few years ago my Mother had a "lump", they biopsied and found it benign ( Thankfully ). The biopsy had mishapened her breast. She regrets not going the more cautious route as I am doing. My Father's fear caused her to leap before looking.

Which route you decide is best for you... I am here for you Linda.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:12 AM   #32  

Hey Sassy, thanks for the support. I assume you are doing everything your doctors have asked and, if so, then you are doing the right thing. Keep us posted.
Did they mention caffeine to you? I'm really trying. Now down to 1/2 scoop of caffeinated coffee in a full pot that takes 7 scoops to make here at this house. That is HUGE for me, and I have to admit to a few caffeine withdrawal headaches over the last few days, but I know it's the right thing to do. I read, one time, that caffeine would have been a controlled substance if they knew more about it years ago. Interesting that such a stimulant is so readily used and available. Maybe a caffeine free me will be less hyper, stressed and happier?
Today, I plan to get some exercise as we are getting ready for a yard sale. Lots of things to move around and deal with and I hope to have it next Saturday, if all goes well. I plan on eating all meals at home and being very good to myself.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #33  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi all you Chickies!! Happy Monday...I'm sitting here having lunch and thinking about heating up the rotisserie chicken for dinner I bought at walmart yesterday and I was wondering what would be good to have with it....I'm not really sure what to have...I thought about just salad,but I;m keeping the kids in mind too,I might do them fries and me a salad...I got some green beans...oh that sounds good together....I told DD that we would be having spaghetti,but I just don't know,I do need to cook that burger I put in the fridge Saturday...Anyways Just wantin' some ideas...and maybe what you guys might be having? I just might do a copycat!!LOL well gotta get back to work...I'll talk later!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #34  

Hi all....

I'm kind of having a hard day today. Just one of those days, and I want to eat. I'm home, avoiding cleaning and laundry...just want to lay down on the couch and sleep.

I'm going to make that chicken pomadoro again tonight. It was really good last time, and I have some of the 90 second rice that I might make with it.

Here is the recipe (from Cuisine magazine...)

4 chicken cutlets
salt
pepper
flour
olive oil
1/4 c. vodka
1/2 c. chicken broth
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 c. tomatoes
2 tbsp heavy cream (I substituted milk, and actually added more too)

Pound out chicken and season with salt and pepper. Coat each side in flour. Add oil (I used some oil, and some cooking spray) to a skillet and heat up. Saute chicken on both sides, and remove from pan. If there is any fat in the pan, drain it.

Deglaze pan with vodka (away from heat) and cook until almost evaporated. Add broth and lemon juice. Return chicken to pan and cook 1 minute on each side. Remove chicken from pan.

Add tomatoes and cream (milk) to skillet. Heat through and pour over chicken.

I used italian diced tomatoes from a can (drained) but I would suggest adding some oregano to your tomatoes if you aren't using an already seasoned kind.

That is all for now...chat later.
mpaigew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #35  

Thanks for the recipe, Paige!
I'm having a hungry day as well, maybe because it's gotten so much colder all of a sudden? It was only 24 when I woke up this morning. Yikes! The sky looked like snow and it began to rain halfway through the day. I'm cold and I want warm food to warm me up.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #36  

Hey everyone,

Well today I started off eating good, and had good intentions until a friend of mine and I decided to sabatoge ourselves and go to chilis and we ate like pigs. I do have to say that after eating like that I believe it is out of my system and I will no longer be wanting molten chocolate cake b/c after we ate it both of us felt horrible from eating so badly.

Linda: I think your challenge is a great idea!!
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #37  

Paige: OOPs forgot to respond to you. No I didn't get to see the Titans I have been a little off with my football watching schedule since I have been preparing for the marathon. Wow, how exciting for your DH.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:17 AM   #38  

Well, I got on my scale this morning and was hoping for a loss but that was not the case. I have to watch it. I was a bit indulgent on leftover Halloween candy, plus I've been volunteering at election headquarters (no affiliation to be discussed here) and things are at a wild pace, as you can well imagine and I ate a doughnut and candy.
So, um, that is the true confession of the day. I'm volunteering again today and will be driving people to the polls who do not have rides. I'm thinking of planning ahead with a small bag of almonds, some fruit and maybe a bag of low fat wheat thins or something. They are really feeding people and bringing in tons of food to keep people going there, which is awfully nice, but it's not the right kind of food.
I woke up early, as the time change has not kicked in for me and I've yet to gain that extra hour's sleep, I guess. So, with this extra hour before I have to get rolling, maybe it's a good time for the treadmill? I've been so avoiding exercise this week.
So, no loss, and a busy week ahead. I have lots of stress and I need to use the tools that I have been given to cope and make it through the days.
What tools will you all be using this week?

Last edited by derrydaughter; 11-04-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #39  

Hey Linda,

Sounds like you have been busy. As far as tools this week, I am making it a point to journal everyday no matter what and I think it is helping. It is so weird how writing stuff down makes you really become more consicous of what you are eating.

I hope everyone is doing well this week.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #40  

Good job, Haylo! I'm not into journaling lately as I feel that was a detriment to me. I think it was making me more concerned and worrying so much about not having enough food to satisfy me. I wondered if it was almost making me want to eat MORE? I don't know. But, since I have stopped journaling, I've been doing better, less stressed and losing weight.
However, different things work for different people, we all know how many weight loss programs exist out there nowadays, so if journals work, then go for it and do it well!
My weight went down again this week, changing my signature. 2 more pounds, down to 155 now.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #41  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi and Happy Friday!! Thought I would share that I lost another lb!! 194 I'm on my way to 180's!! I really couldn't believe that I was down a lb,because I have cheated this wekk a time or two and then I was thinking,if I hadn't have cheated and kept it up,I probably would have been down a couple lbs,but who knows,right? Anyway no sense in dwelling at least I lost a lb!
Linda~ You go girl!! 2 lbs..that is awesome!! I think we're well on our way!!what do you think? though I'd kill to be your weight right now..I haven't weighed 155 since I met DH 12 1/2 years ago LOL!!!I think 150 was my lightest in my adult life and at that time in my life(pre DH) I was down like 40 lbs....I think by the time we married I was knocking on 170's door and not even a year later when I got prego with DD I was 190...sheesh...it sure is easy to gain it isn't it....and by the time I gave birth I was a whopping 227,that was 1999,which brings me to my point...194 is the lightest I've been in 9 years....if I had known then and knew you guys,I would be my goal weight today!! I know I would!!
Anyway which brings me to HAYLO~ I LOOOVE Chilis,we don't eat there often,I guess coz we don't have one locally but we do eat there when we;re out of town,but anyway don't sweat the small stuff girl...you deserve to act like a pig every once in a while!!!LOL!!! Look,we work really hard to get this weight off and I don't see anything wrong with having a "normal" dinner on a "normal" night out!! and like you said,it's out of your system now,and I think we all have had something that we had to get out of our system!!LOL and it doesn't always pertain to food!!LOL
Well I wish you all the best this weekend....me and DH were planning on going to Pigeon Forge TN this weekend but we kinda changed our minds,I think we're gonna try it next weekend maybe....so this weekend I have no clue what's up..DD wants to go to her schools fall festival but DH and I kinda swore that off for the rest of our lives..lol...it's really kind of a rip off,you can't move in the halls.people will absolutely run over you...but DD wants to go so bad....I guess we'll have to see....if we go Lord I dread it....
Chat later!!!!and have a safe and happy weekend!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #42  

Shelbysmom, congrats on the 1 pound loss!
I appreciate what you said "I'd kill to be at your weight" but we are all different heights and bone structures, aren't we? I see you at 5'4 1/2" and I'm just 5'2", so I should be less than you no matter what. The top of the range for my height is 141, so I need to think about that.

One thing that seems to be helping me right now is to think myself thin. Sounds like an odd thing, but it's kind of psyching myself out, I guess. Seems like, as the years went by my appetite and portions really increased. I'm trying to remember that me that was lots lighter and what that me used to have on her plate a long time ago.
After having the kids, I think I got used to growing children and providing snacks all the time. Well, when I was an adult and working in the world before being home with kids, I never ate all the time. I was working, I was busy, I never snacked all that much. But, being around the house all the time and feeding GROWING kids, made me eat like I was growing too. But, I grew sideways!
Linda
Old 11-08-2008, 06:21 AM   #43  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Linda (derry)! I second shelbysmom when I say, "Is it you?!?!?!" Yes!! It is! Good to see you! Hope you're doing well. Love your idea for the thread. Glad I found you.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #44  

Hello everyone,

Derry: I know what you mean about journaling I go through phases with it, and sometimes it does seem to stress me out. Congrats on your weight going down!!!

Shelby'smom: THX for helping me not feel so bad about Chilis!

I actually was down last week but forgot to update my tracker. Actually this week is going to be rough for me as far as eating because I am supposed to load up on carbs since this sunday will be the 1/2 marathon so I am going to do my best not to think about my weight b/c I know I will be up. I am still trying to watch what I am eating though as far as healthy stuff. I am doing my best to keep it healthy. They started a biggest loser club at my school, so I signed up for that. I don't know that I would win only b/c there is some tough competition,but I am always up for a challange. Every week we pitch in two dollars and then the next week the person who lost the most that week wins the money. So, I think it will keep me motivated b/c I would love to win money. I also signed up for the school volleball team even though I don't really know how to play. I am trying to keep myself busy.

I hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:52 AM   #45  

Red! So good to hear from you! Occasionally Sassy pops in here as well. That's about all that is around from our old thread, I think. But, I am glad you are still doing your thing and trying. I'm here too! Pop in anytime and I shall do the same on your thread. I tried to be in your thread a few times and the volume (you sure generate enthusiasm!!!) is phenomenal. I couldn't keep up, alas, though I miss you so!

Haylo, if you load up on carbs, can they be healthier carbs? Or, are you served something as a group if you run in a marathon? I'm sure you'll do fine, though. I'm proud of you for your running.
I like a challenge too and that biggest loser thing sounds like it would be fun. You can do it! I'm routing for you!
As for me, I had my MRI yesterday. Wow. That was quite the experience. One thing I will share is that if you are offered drugs to calm you, even if that means you have to involve another person to drive you, take the drugs. I had kind of a bad time. But, it's over. I'm now at the hoping and praying stage. Firstly, hope that the lump is benign and this was all just one more of life's experiences, and secondly, I sure am hoping that I stayed still enough (had to breath, after all) that the films don't have to be taken again. It was gruelling for me. So, keep me in your prayers, I should know something by the end of the week.

Always planning ahead, though, we are looking at houses this week and thinking about putting our own house on the market. This has been a long-planned thing for us as my youngest is out of school and in college now. Lots to think about and even with this health situation "detour" going on, I plan on living and I plan on forging ahead in my life with what I want to do. So, that does give me something to think about and I am glad for that.
I've been so preoccupied that eating has been taking a back seat. I barely remember what I've eaten over the last few days and have to kind of re-think things and plan ahead a bit.
I was so wiped out by the MRI experience that what I planned on for dinner fell by the wayside. I had a tuna sub, and yes it had mayo. I felt no remorse, I was tired and my son went out and picked up the sandwiches. Today I shall do better.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!