Old 10-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #16  

Good Evening, Flowers! It is another rainy, windy, cold day in my neighborhood. I guess I won't complain as long as it isn't "s." Tomorrow is a half day at school although I'm hoping the copy machine will be fixed so I can work for awhile in the afternoon. I could use the time at home; I feel like I spin my wheels more than I get anything accomplished around here.

Susan -- We are registered Republicans so I doubt that Michelle will be calling here. We have caller ID and I don't always answer if I don't recognize the #. Sometimes it is a pre-recorded message and they leave it on the answering machine anyway. I have heard that the winter is supposed to be colder and wetter . . . at least for our area. We were lucky last year as we didn't get nearly what the opposite corner of the state did. They got the flooding this summer so a double whammy. I suggested voting early since Bob picked up a ballot for MIL, but he said he'd just as soon go in person. I missed the news about Sarah's new wardrobe. How dumb! I wish someone with some common money sense would start keeping the purse strings closed a little tighter! I worry about the guys driving on the main roads pulling the wagons after dark especially. We have so many mindless drivers around here that drive without a license or insurance that it is unreal.

"Gma" -- I haven't seen the WSJ article either. I didn't think to check online, but do let us know when the article appears. I didn't realize that Jay was "that" old . . . you aren't old enough to have a son that old, right?! Jason was 35 in September and I'm a lot older than you are! I'm glad Sears came through for you!

Not much else is newsy tonight. Bob is staying late at the office to work on an online test. The agents have to pass this test with an 85% or retake it after 48 hours. One agent failed it twice so took pictures of the questions and the correct answers the third time. Bob and his secretary were going to work on it together.

Have a nice evening and a terrific Thursday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #17  
Web Nana

CONGRATULATIONS, Grandma!!! I just saw Tommy's video on the WSJ on the net. It was great. Gloria
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #18  

Good morning to you all! Of course I am popping my buttons after seeing my grandson in print this morning. I thought it was a nice article and video of the kids. I know Thomas is all gung ho about stuff. I imagine he will be involved in politics when he grows up. His mom used to be the secretary of the Libertarian party here in town until she disagreed with some goings on I guess so he gets it naturally. My husband is outspoken on his political beliefs so T hears stuff whenever they are all together because my kids are not like their dad. It is always stressful to me because I don't want fighting about stupid politics, but they keep it normal.

Susan: I didn't see the Palin article either. I have to tell you, I don't even want to vote because I don't like the candidates, but will vote the lesser of two evils. I like Fred Thompson and was disappointed he waited to get into things then wasn't strong enough with speeches and such. Whoa, it was nippy there yesterday. It will be cool here today because we are getting rain all day.

Jean: I emailed you the link to the article online. The different kids are so cute. You know, your info on the sales agents made me think about how many kids cheat with their cell phones. I imagine they do it. High tech cheating over the ole paper up the sleeve or writing on your hand. It is like the Amish in Indiana. I am surprised more of them aren't killed with the nuts driving the way they do. For one thing, they get impatient. Well, for heaven's sake if you live in an Amish area what do you expect? There is a very very nice sandwich shop about 2 blocks from the law firm in South Bend that is owned and run by the Amish. You get this great deal of a sandwich, soup, a salad, drink and a cookie for something like $6 and it is all homemade. I used to love to have lunch there, but so did everyone else and the place was always packed and it was small. They only did lunches and that was it.

Well, gals, I have to work on my spreadsheet for my house budget and get the rest of my chores done. Have a wonderful Thursday!
Faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-23-2008 at 09:36 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #19  

Good morning, ladies!

Faye, I love the article and Thomas is right up leading off. I know there are a proud grandma and grandpa in Memphis. Below is the link the Sarah Palin wardrobe article in the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/23/us...3palin.html?em

Jean, did you have the afternoon off today? Any time away from the kids you have to deal with is to be treasured.

I brought in the last plant that was still outside last night so now the frost came come. The leaves still haven't begun to turn.

Gloria, nice to see you're still lurking!

Have a great day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It is still cold, windy, and wet in my neighborhood . . . more of the same tomorrow according to this morning's weatherman. Classes were 17 minutes long today so not much accomplished there. The kids were antsy for their 3 day weekend to get started. I stopped and got a flu shot on my way home . . . free for being a hospital volunteer. Tomorrow I get a much needed perm; one day it is fine and the next it isn't.

"Gma" -- On the front page of today's Des Moines Register is a cartoon about Sarah and her new wardrobe. It's by Duffy; I tried to find it online and couldn't . . . maybe in a day or two. He comes up with some good ones! www.DesMoinesRegister.com/duffy We have some Amish in Iowa and there have been several bad accidents involving their horses and buggies. Like I've said before we have some really DUMB and STUPID drivers in this state! I don't like to get into political discussions either. I try to keep informed but don't know everything each candidate supports or doesn't support.

Susan -- Thanks for the link! I will read it as soon as I am done here. The teachers had an hour and a half for lunch so some of us went to a local Mexican restaurant for lunch. I always order the same thing because they all talk very broken English and so fast that I can't understand what they are explaining about some of the food. It's nice just to get away from the school atmosphere for awhile. Yes, I had the afternoon off, but can't say that I've accomplished much. I like your kitty marker!

I need to make a grocery list and head for the store. Bob has an appt. at 5 so could be quite late getting home if it goes the way he wants it to. Have a fantastic Friday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 10-23-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote