Old 11-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #91  

Gayle I am glad that you took Ali out last night. You needed a bit of fun at this hard time.

Larry made it home last night. Whew I don't know what I would do if he hadn't made it home til tonight. We are having the dinner party tonight for three other couples. This is the big dinner when you go all out and do it by yourself. I have not been up to this for a long time so I have skipped over my turn. It was definitly over due. I am not up to it with all the pain and still having a hard time with losing everyone but I am doing it. I am just taking a break from all the standing. We are making it a little easier by the menu we choose. It is pretty far out there for our friend but this is about trying new things in a safe enviroment.

Our menu is

Cavier on a boil egg toasted bagette with mayo

Seaweed soup with pork and rice

Shrimp in a garlic and wine sauce with bagette for dipping

Pork Spring Rolls (Dez rolled for me) Thai sauce

Marianted Bacon Wrapped Waterchestnuts

Sushi

Brownie drizzled with white sauce topped with fortune cookie.

I don't think any of my friends have had cavier or sushi. We only ordered vegetarian or tempera shrimp and crab. No raw stuff so I think we will have a cool experience.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #92  
Janice

Wow Dee you are a great cook!!
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:17 AM   #93  

Whoa, I have missed quite a bit here. My mouth has been hurting, since my tooth was pulled. It feels ok while the med kicks in, then when it wears off, I am in pain again. It's been a week since it was pulled. I've been taking Vicodin at night and living on ibupropen during the day.

Suzy-I'm so sorry you are in pain also. The only time I was ever sick badly was when I was on pred. It makes your immunities go down.

Dee-I'm glad Larry is back. Did he say how beautiful the weather was here?

Gayle-Ouch on your arm. Did Alison have a nice time trick or treating?

Hi Janice and Cheryl!
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #94  
Janice

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Dee - thank you for the warm weather, it finally arrived Friday night. It is supposed to be 20C tomorrow.
When Doug left this morning to go out of town for the week I made him take the left over halloween candy and lock it in the back of his truck. No point in having that calling me. Weigh in day tomorrow.
Hope all our sick people are on the mend.
Have a grand day.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #95  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Well something has certainly lowered my resistance that's for sure. I spent the weekend with a stomach virus. At first I thought that maybe it was due to all of the meds that I'm taking, but my daughter in law and granddaughter also had the same thing over the weekend. I will be so glad to get back to normal!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #96  

Suzy I hope that you are feeling better soon. You have been sick long enough.

Janice it is 18 here today. I am just going to head out for a walk with Dez. Our normal is about 4 for the day time. It has been beautiful for at least a week.

Shelley Larry said that the day time weather was awesome. He brought me back some sand from St Pete's beach. It is so fine and white. I had forgotten how nice it is. We have one beach from here that has simular sand. It was voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world. I collect rocks and crystals and this time Larry brought me back a rose quartz crystal shaped into a little angel.
When Viv died she had all these avon angels so I put them out on my hutch. I have over a dozen angels from her. This one will fit in perfect.
Funny thing is my mom gave me an antique black angel yesterday. My collection is up to at least two dozen as I had a few of mine before.

Gayle how is your mom doing? My mom is just about better from the phenomonia. (sp?)

Cheryl did you take out Jake for Halloween? If you did what did you dress him up in? He is a cute little pumkin no matter what he is wearing.

Time to get out and enjoy the day.

xox
Old 11-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #97  

I'm here! I've decided to only use my computer at work for WORK from now on! I just got a new computer (and internet) for my home over the week-end.

Gayle, man you sure have had a tough time since I've been away. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. Hang in there, my friend.

Dee & Shelley--if y'all get to meet in real life I will be so jealous! What fun the two of you will have!

Hi Janice, Suzy and bigsexy!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:26 AM   #98  
Janice

Cheryl - I wondered where you got to. Glad to see you back.
Hope all our ill floozies are on the mend - Suzy, Dee, Shelley, Gayle
Today is weigh in day. My scale is at Amanda's to keep me from jumping on it every five minutes, so hope its a good number.
Have a grand day.

Last edited by coles; 11-04-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #99  

Janice let us know how you do.....no matter what the number is keep working it.

Today is another beautiful day. One of the last it looks like. Our normal temps are 2 and today it is suppose to reach 14. Yesterday it was 18. There is rain in the forcast for tomorrow and snow the next day. Yuck! I am going to go outdoors and enjoy it.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #100  
Janice

I weighed exactly the same. That is discouraging. I have been working hard at exercise, water and eating healthy. I expected to see some improvement. The weather is beautiful today. We are supposed to get the rain by Friday.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #101  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Remember Janice...staying the same is better than a gain! You're doing great!

Cheryl ~ It's good to hear from you! I'm glad that all is well.

Dee ~ We have pretty much the same forecast here. It's supposed to be near 60 today and then snow by the early part of next week.

I've lost 5 pounds over the last month while I've been sick, but I'm not moving my ticker just yet. I have a feeling that once I am better and eating normally that some might come back on.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 AM   #102  

Janice-As long as you are doing everything, your weight will soon catch up with you being OP. I complained and complained about mine, then it kept heading downward. You are doing awesome! Keep it up!

Suzy-I agree, weight loss after being sick is usually just temporary.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #103  
Janice

Thank you all for your words of encouragment. I have been trying hard and it is discouraging when the scale doesn't move an ounce. It is making me more determined to see good results next Tuesday.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:17 AM   #104  
Losing it!

Janice, you may have gained muscle weight from the exercising, plus our body retains fluid from exercising. Are you noticing a difference in how your clothing is fitting? Did you measure? There are many other factors to consider other then what that #$&%&*#%$ scale reads. I think we should have a scale burning! LOL!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #105  

Janice I totally agree with Gayle. The scale is only a number if you are doing the right things your body will become more toned and you will lose body fat. It is ok it will show in time.