Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Yeah, why is it that we lose all our weight from our chests? I've been a B cup my entire life, until I gained a lot of weight. I became a small C cup. Well, now that I started to lose the weight I gained, I went down to an A! I'm still 20 pounds heavier than I was at my smallest, yet for some reason, my chest went down to a large A cup. I've never been that in my life. I miss my B cup chest! Where did it go and is the only way to get it back through weight lol??

Also, I really wanted to discuss hip to waist ratio... everything i research and read is for/by tall people. The standard 34-24-36 figures are for people 5'7 or taller! I want to know what is typical for someone 5'0 or around that height. I know our ratio is supposed to be under .8 or some places even say under .7, but I'd like to find out what other peoples measurements are that are 5'2 and under... please list yours. I'll start. I am 34-27-34. Is this average for people our height? Will I be able to ever have a 24 inch waist do you think?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! I guess I didnt realize this thread was taking off so much!! Well just checking in and saying HI!! I will be sure to check the thread more often!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #108  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I'm here. Sorta. I'm miserable and I don't care if I'm fat this week. There will be other weeks. Right now I have a fever and I think my head might explode.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #109  
Hug a Tree!

oh, you want measurements. okay. well, i'm currently still obese at 146lbs (I think. I didn't weigh myself last week). right now my measurements are 38-31-45. It would be nice if I lost another 5 inches in my waist and 5 inches in my hips and got to keep my chest...but that isn't going to happen!

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 11-06-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #110  

LandonsBaby, don't get discouraged. I know it is so easy to, and I have fallen into those same feelings time and time again. But it just means you lost track. Because You have lost 16.5 inches and 17 pounds and those are amazing accomplishments that took a lot to do! I admire that. I have to say, i thought this lifestyle change would be easier and quicker, and now i realize, how special it is to be able to lose one pound, and keep it off. It is difficult. Yes, we will still be upset with our progress, yes we will still think we are too fat, but look at us making this effort to lose weight and doing something about it! I applaud us for that. I am upset with my waist size and and losing my bust, however, i have to just be happy for what i did lose already and i guess invest a ton of money in new bras or something... lol. this thread is always here to rant or rave too. I was having a couple of bad days earlier in the week, and i was upset i didnt exercise today, but i am going to sleep with optimism that after this weekend, i might do better.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:59 AM   #111  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid20 View Post
Yeah, why is it that we lose all our weight from our chests? <snip>

Also, I really wanted to discuss hip to waist ratio... everything i research and read is for/by tall people. The standard 34-24-36 figures are for people 5'7 or taller! I want to know what is typical for someone 5'0 or around that height. I know our ratio is supposed to be under .8 or some places even say under .7, but I'd like to find out what other peoples measurements are that are 5'2 and under... please list yours. I'll start. I am 34-27-34. Is this average for people our height? Will I be able to ever have a 24 inch waist do you think?
Yeah, well, I feel your pain!! I'm now a 32A bra size ... about the same as a 12 year old in a training bra!! On the other hand, camisoles are really fun to wear, and finding effective running sports bras really isn't an issue.

I have no idea what is "average", is there such a thing?? I am currently right about 33-26-34. That gives me a waist/hip ratio right around .7, which does fit within the guidelines. After 2 kids and at my age (pushing 50), I don't think a 24 inch waist is in the cards. I'm just happy that for the first time in my adult life, my hip measurement is within 2 inches of my bust. That makes me an hourglass instead of a pear! Now, if my thighs would just get with the program, then I'll be all set ....
Old 11-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #112  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonsBaby View Post
oh, you want measurements. okay. well, i'm currently still obese at 146lbs (I think. I didn't weigh myself last week). right now my measurements are 38-31-45. It would be nice if I lost another 5 inches in my waist and 5 inches in my hips and got to keep my chest...but that isn't going to happen!
Unfortunately, no, we don't get to choose where the weight comes off! But if it's any consolation, I can share that I lost way more off my hips than my boobs, because that's where I had it to lose! I didn't measure when I started losing weight at 150, and I wish I had now for comparison. But in losing weight from 135 pounds to 115 pounds, I also lost 6 inches off of my hips, and only another inch or so off of my bust. A lot of that was due to regular exercise, running and weight lifting, which did a LOT to reshape my body. I also strength-train to build my my upper body muscles, to try to visually balance out the top and bottom. So, IMO, body fat comes off where it will, but we can add muscle and tone up through exercise and have a lot of influence on our body shape. It just takes time!! It took me a year .....
Old 11-07-2008, 07:29 AM   #113  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

What is simply amazing to me, is that I still don't look that different after losing 50 pounds. I am now currently 143 pounds, I am aiming to be around 110 but my doc said even 120 would be ideal. Yet I look at my body and I cannot see that just 23 more pounds will do it. I still look extremely heavy, and although I know extra skin will be a factor, I just don't see how 23 more pounds, or even 30 will make the difference. I still have a huge belly and my back is scaaaarrrry.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBN View Post
Yeah, well, I feel your pain!! I'm now a 32A bra size ... about the same as a 12 year old in a training bra!! On the other hand, camisoles are really fun to wear, and finding effective running sports bras really isn't an issue.

I have no idea what is "average", is there such a thing?? I am currently right about 33-26-34. That gives me a waist/hip ratio right around .7, which does fit within the guidelines. After 2 kids and at my age (pushing 50), I don't think a 24 inch waist is in the cards. I'm just happy that for the first time in my adult life, my hip measurement is within 2 inches of my bust. That makes me an hourglass instead of a pear! Now, if my thighs would just get with the program, then I'll be all set ....
I wish I could feel your pain!! Mine is a pain the back, I am a 40DD!! No fun!!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #115  
Hug a Tree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBN View Post
Unfortunately, no, we don't get to choose where the weight comes off! But if it's any consolation, I can share that I lost way more off my hips than my boobs, because that's where I had it to lose! I didn't measure when I started losing weight at 150, and I wish I had now for comparison. But in losing weight from 135 pounds to 115 pounds, I also lost 6 inches off of my hips, and only another inch or so off of my bust. A lot of that was due to regular exercise, running and weight lifting, which did a LOT to reshape my body. I also strength-train to build my my upper body muscles, to try to visually balance out the top and bottom. So, IMO, body fat comes off where it will, but we can add muscle and tone up through exercise and have a lot of influence on our body shape. It just takes time!! It took me a year .....
I was pretty flat chested when I was thinner so I'm expecting to go back to that. I actually have changed my goal weight quite a bit so I can maintain some boobage. Haha.

Mermaid, I'm not discouraged, I'm just really sick. Yesterday I could barely get out of bed...so I really didn't care how fat I was! Today my head is feeling better but I'm still sick and I think I'll go lay down again. I don't beat myself up about my weight, especially when I'm sick. Getting better is top priority. And if I needed ice cream to do that, well, then I'm willing to sacrifice.

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 11-07-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #116  
Hug a Tree!

Redkat, I bet there is a big difference your brain just hasn't adjusted yet. You've been so focused on seeing the bad things about your body that you can't see the good. You have to change the way you look at yourself and the way you think about your body. It takes looking at those positive things and not focusing on the things that still bug you.

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 11-07-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #117  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonsBaby View Post
Redkat, I bet there is a big difference your brain just hasn't adjusted yet. You've been so focused on seeing the bad things about your body that you can't see the good. You have to change the way you look at yourself and the way you think about your body. It takes looking at those positive things and not focusing on the things that still bug you.
Thanks LandonsBaby...I guess when I was at my heaviest, I envisioned myself looking better after 50 pounds would be gone. I know I do look better, I have to, just seems that the same lumps and bumps are there, and had hoped some of them would have disappeared. But then, it's not like I'm at the goal yet, for my height I am still very much in the overweight stage.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #118  

wow redkat, you've lost over 50 pounds? That is an amazing accomplishment. I am sure you look amazing! I know what you mean though, because when I dropped over 15 pounds, I expected to see a little difference and I saw nothing.and of course other people would mention it looked like i lost some, but it only offended me because it made me feel like i looked even fatter than i thought i did and i personally couldnt see a difference in the mirror. So then, (I never took my waist and hip measurements at my heaviest) i decided to take my current waist and hip measurements and i still felt like my body didnt change. However, slowly i am starting to see how different my body is, in the fact that I am gaining some more muscle - making it a teeny bit easier to do exercise - and clothes on my upper body are starting to fit differently. My thighs and butt are still tremendous, i didnt lose anything in my legs for all my 16+ pounds i lost, but im hoping the last 12 i want to lose WILL make the difference. Just know that others probably see a bigger difference than you see in yourself. we are just hard on ourselves!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default short people i guess thats me too 5 1

Yeah thats me. lol sometimes the guys (just a few) call me a opa lopa ( cho. factory). A few years back one of the guys wanted to push me so that I would fall and roll down the hill (small) its ok that they joke with me there good guys really. Its like we're family we've been together for some time now. they would do anything for me and me to them. So I dont take any thing to heart. I HATE shopping for myself thats for anything u put on the body. **** I LOVE the summer and tanning so to get the right bathing crap is so upsetting so I have to settle on things I dont even like. I'm here to find a diet (MAYO CLINIC DIET) and to talk with other people to make friends. So good luck with all, Nancy
Old 11-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

Hi ladies,

It's been awhile since I've been on boards. I had a midterm yesterday, so everything that wasn't going to help me pass it had to go for a few days!

I understand what everyone's saying about when they lose weight, it doesn't look like it to them! I've lost about 10 lbs (I can't officially change my ticker until Monday - my weigh in day) and it makes no difference. However, I have noticed that my pants fit a bit looser in the waist, which is a beautiful thing.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
Closed Thread