Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #91  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE...I HOPE THE MEDS WORK FAST. DO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND KEEP SICK PEOPLE AWAY FROM YOU TILL YOU ARE MUCHO BETTER!! JUST REST
AND I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR AND FORGOT TO TELL YOU. SHE IS SO CUTE.

MADCAT....LOVE THE AVATAR! SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS ALSO WILLY WAS JUST TELLING ME THE SAME THING. HE IS TRYING NOT TO WORRY ALONG WITH HIS WIFE TILL THEY SEE IF THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL. HOPEFULLY THE LOSS WILL DECREASE. SOME OF OUR BANKS ARE BEING BOUGHT BY YOURS...MAYBE NOW THEY WILL BE REGULATED AND RUN RIGHT

I HAVE TO ADMIT...I DID TAKE A FEW HUNDRED OUT JUST IN CASE MY BANK WENT DOWN. THEY HAD SAID THERE MIGHT BE A STOP PUT ON ALL DEBIT CARDS AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN PENNILESS THEN FOR FOOD. THANK GOD THE BANKS ARE NEGOTIATING AND SO FAR SO GOOD.
LOVELY FALL DAY BUT NOT MUCH SUN. WENT OUT FOR A SHORT RIDE AND CAME HOME FULL OF ENERGY TO CLEAN.
NOW BACK TO THE BEDROOM FOR THE FINISHING TOUCHES. HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON
HAPPY....I MEANT TO SAY I THINK I HAVE ENOUGH OPTIMISM FOR ALL OF US TO GET THRU OCTOBER

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-13-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:24 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Love all the new avatar's.

Michelle
Why are you at work when you are sick?

Mel
When I deposited my pay check I kept out more cash than usual. I just don't trust the economy right now.

Happy
How are you today?

2.5 hours till I get to go home. I'm ready.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:22 PM   #93  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Geez I am a bad person...

First of all, Happy, Happy, Birthday Carla - I sure do hope you had a great day

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-13-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #94  
Choose your hard

And then there is a Happy Thanksgiving to our friends up north. Even in these rocky times I hope you all have something to be grateful for.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #95  
Choose your hard

I swear I don't know where the day went to today.

I went to physical therapy today. It wasn't bad mostly because they just did the evaluation, gave me some exercises and did an ultrasound treatment. It annoyed the bursitis and bothered me a bit more than usual but that's to be expected. I will see 2 therapists on Mondays and Thursdays. The girl I saw today was great. And the day has just flown from there.

Ceejay and Mel - I'm not sure there will be a run on the banks outside of panic but for emergency planning it's good to keep a bit of cash on hand anyway. I have to stop hitting into my :stash:

How great to fit into much smaller sizes Ceejay - that is a great NSV!!!!

I do love the new avatars people have!

Shad and Michelle - I hope you both are feeling better. Do you really have to be at work Michelle? I know Shad does. Take good care of yourself because no one else will cut you any slack. This is the time of year when colds linger on forever too. So rest up (as much as you can).

Madcat, it's great to hear from you again. Hope you enjoyed your Thankgiving dinner.

I hate to cut this short but I'm really tired and I have to clean up the kitchen and do my therapy exercises before I can fall into bed so good night all.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:10 AM   #96  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
still feeling dreadful. I have gastro! Something that I ate or drunk was off. Since I wasn't vomiting at all, the doc thought it must be something from the day before or even before that. Whatever the system is thoroughly out of sorts and life is not pretty. I can't stop burping and spend a huge amount of time on the loo. There can not be too much left inside.

Consequently I'm not eating much - no appetite either and just swallowing a bit of soup or a bit of muesli here and there to keep the body ticking over, although I have to say yesterday was a time when I sort of gave up and waited for death to take over - hence the doctor. Must be getting old, ol' cast iron guts got caught.

And now I have just heard that my plane is delayed. Oh wonderful

Anyway, I'm back at the airport and ready to go to Karratha and on to Dampier. I will probably sleep most of the way since I can't seem to stay awake for long. The powers that be still don't have my login and password ready. Only taken 6 weeks so far.

Sorrry I don't feel up to making personal comments. I just want to curl up - preferably on a comfy loo and wait until this too shall pass.

Last edited by Shad; 10-14-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #97  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw, SHad, so sorry you are so sick. I would love to quilt a comfy loof for you.

Survived the feeding frenzy of Thanksgiving Weekend but faced the scale in complete shock this morning as I am just a smidgen from the dreaded 200! I really don't know why I was surprised because TD weekend was a bad food time with company cooking and extras. I pitched most of the bad stuff yesterday.

Sorry I never have time for personals but I do read and send good thoughts to those with work, health or financial woes.

And happy birthday, Carla. One of these days we will "do lunch".
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #98  
Happy September

HAPPY~ I AM GLAD YOU LIKED THE THERAPIST AND HOPE THE NEXT 2 VISITS GO JUST AS WELL. THIS WEEKEND DID FLY BY! WE BOTH MUST HAVE GOTTEN CAUGHT IN A SPEEDY TIME WARP! BEAM US UP SCOTTY!!!

SHAD~ HOPE THE ALL THE GASTRO PARTS FEEL BETTER IN A HURRY! DON'T EAT DAIRY! HAVE OATMEAL AND RICE.
SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS

RUTH~ SAYING HELLO BACK AND GOOD FOR YOU TOSSING OUT ALL THE BADDIES!

CEEJAY~ HAVE YOU FINALIZED YOUR HOLIDAY PLANS YET? JUST CHECKING UP ON YOU

TODAY IS RICHIE'S BIRTHDAY SO WE WILL HAVE A TRADER JOE'S DINNER AND CELEBRATE TOGETHER. NO ONE WANTS CAKE SO THAT'S A GOOD THING. NOTHING ON THE AGENDA FOR TODAY OTHER THAN BILLS AND LAUNDRY. SOUND EXCITING HUH?
HAPPY TUESDAY
Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #99  
Choose your hard

Ritchie. Hope Mel makes you a yummy dinner Hey Mel, if we were both in a time warp we must have been in those "parallel universes" they talk about.

Cripes Shad, I didn't realize you were still travelling. That is even more awful that you are that out of sorts AND you have to be sitting in airports and airplanes. Sending you some ginger ale to settle the stomach. Hope you can get some rest.

Glad you have a nice TD Ruth. I think we all have a tolerance number on the scale that says I'm about to glue my lips shut

I had a bad night. Couldn't fall asleep for the longest time and I woke up several times. Everything in my body hurts from head to toe. I hope I didn't pick up Shad or Michelle's bug. Maybe a warm shower will help work out the kinks.

Gotta be on my way. Will try and get back at lunch time. Hang in there ladies...
Old 10-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #100  
Happy September

Sauteed Cajun Shrimp

Ingredients
Serves 4
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup long-grain white rice
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), sliced lengthwise into thin strips
8 ounces precooked andouille or kielbasa sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
1 pound frozen large shrimp, thawed, peeled, and deveined

Directions
In a medium saucepan with a lid, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion; cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add rice; season with salt and pepper. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium. Add bell peppers and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add sausage and shrimp; cook until shrimp is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide rice among four bowls; top with shrimp mixture, and drizzle with any pan juices. Serve.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #101  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies --

First off, I've got to say I love all the Halloween avatars!! Well done, ladies! I'm still sick, still at work, so what else is new. I went home last night, ate supper and was in bed by 5:30. I woke up at 5:45 today to do it all over again. I'm feeling just a slight bit better than yesterday. Still coughing, still exhausted. I had some important stuff to get out this morning, which is why I came in. And I carpooled, so I'm here for the rest of the day. If I still feel like this tomorrow, I might take a day of rest. I'm beat. The Prednisone is making me starving all the time. And I'm also dizzy/light headed. No fun at all.

I'm going to try and catch up with everyone today. Happy Belated Birthday to Carla! Happy Belated Thanksgiving to our northern neighbors.

Rennie - How are you feeling? Did I catch this bronchial infection from you, young lady? Seriously, I hope you are doing better, and I hope my bronchitis doesn't become pneumonia. One thing's for sure...I sure ain't cleaning my house when I'm feeling this yucky. Healing hugs to you, Rennie.

Shad - I'm so sorry you're not feeling well on your travels. That's got to be awful to have gastro while traveling. Yuck. Hang in there. So sorry to hear about DS2's job hours/wages being cut. I hope that his situation improves. It sounds like the crane opportunity might be a good move for now. I liked what you said last weekend that for all the doom and gloom, we need to keep optimism alive and count our blessings - overall good health and good friendships among them.

Mel - I hope your wheelchair saga gets worked out soon, and in your favor. I love the look of mums in the autumn, especially the rust colored ones. Gorgeous! Happy B'Day to Ritchie. I hope he gets work soon. Thanks for the chicken and Bulgur Pilaf recipe. Looks yummy.

Happy - I'm glad you're doing so well with your blood sugar! Congratulations! It is a stressful financial time for everyone. Our retirement has taken a hit. I figure I'll be working 'till I'm close to 70 anyway. What's another 24 years when I'm having this much fun, right? I'm so sorry to hear that both you and DH are in such pain, between your hip and his feet and back. I hope the pain eases up quickly for both of you. I totally understand what you're saying about retailers will probably struggle this Christmas...I haven't heard anything at work...but of course, I'm hoping that at least my company has a good holiday season. Maybe we'll offer great sales and offers so people can afford to buy a little. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about holiday shopping this year. There are people we will buy a little for, but it will be much less than normal. It's so nice that your DH is able to make repairs for the subdivision! I'm so glad that Mr. Feral is doign well. Curly sounds like an adorable "kid". If you finished decorating your house for Halloween, can you come and do mine? I wanted to decorate my house and yard in September, but I thought it was too early. And I've spent most of the month so far being sick...aarrgh. At least I got my Halloween flag out front. DH said he'd put up our inflatable witch, but now he's getting sick again. I'm glad your PT went okay. Sorry that the ultrasound annoyed the bursitis. Hopefully, the PT will start helping very soon. I am resting a lot....going to bed by 6 pm and trying to be asleep by 7 or 8.

Nae - Hang in there. I know you'll miss your little girl for a long time, but you've got wonderful loving memories to help ease the pain. As for the "S" word, please don't mention that. I don't even want to think about it.

Ceejay - Congrats on the awesome NSV's! I'm so happy for you! I've had to go to work while sick because of various projects that I'm working on that need daily tending.

Annie - I hope things are going well with the job search and with Mr. Tony.

Carla - A few days ago, you said you were wishing that the endorphins from a spin class lasted until the next morning. Just try and go a few nights a week...you'll be amazed how long the endorphins last! At least endorphins are natural mood lifters and can help us all through these trying financial times. I sure do miss endorphins. I haven't been to the gym in two weeks. I haven't been the exercise goddess lately. :sad:

Ruth - Thanks for your good thoughts for all of us. Don't worry about the TD scale numbers....they will come down, now that you're getting back on track and have "pitched the bad stuff".

Madcat - I, too, am a long way away from retirement (barring lottery wins). DH and I lost a lot, including our jobs, in the dot.com crash...but we got through it and we'll get through this too...keeping our jobs hopefully. I'm glad to hear you've got job security and little debt. I think I have job security, more or less, but DH and I have lots of debt. Again, I'm staying optimistic that we ALL will get through this. I have tried steam, but that hasn't helped much unfortunately. I'm taking Maximum Strength Mucinex DM and that's keeping me coughing and trying to clear me out.

My gosh, I think I'm finally caught up. Hopefully I'll be able to check in with you all tomorrow so I can stay caught up with you busy chicks.

and to all of us with work, health, and financial stress!

Love and hugs,
Old 10-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Tell Ritchie to have a good birthday.

Just popping into say hello. It's a quiet day at work and hope that it stays that way. I don't have enough of them.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #103  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Evening My Friends...

Lets see....Get well wishes to all those whom are sickie or ailing.....God bless you with great health.

MEL...use him for sex...you are a hoot girl...who is using whom?

To all of the good vibe employment wishers..thank you ever so much...

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, I think I missed that too!

Employment...Still looking had yet another phone interview this morning, it was grand and is being forwarded to the VP/CEO to see if he wants to interview me. Say some prayers and light some candles.

Carla...Sorry I missed your Birthday but do hope it was a great one indeed.

On the Tony story...he is still being a great guy to hang with. He came over for dinner tonight and we are going out Friday night to dinner and a movie. Probably see the Brad Pitt..Burning something or other movie. I forget the name but want to see it.

The Reunion was simply a blast. OMG so much fun. No one even recognized me. They had to look at my picture on my name tag. I have blonde hair instead of brown in high school, and am about 25 lbs lighter than HS too. I was the talk of the ball and several dudes bought me drinks. I don't care what you say, skinny people get treated better than heavy ones, and that pisses me off to no end. I seriously wanted to smack some of the guys that paid attention to me at the reunion and didn't give me the time of day in HS. I can't tell you how much that honks me off. Dang it anyways.

Little Miss Bella is LOVING I am home every day with her. She is attached to me like fly on poop. I did get her a bath finally and trimmed some of her scraggly hair. She only bit me once. The little turd.

Cut my grass, planted a small tree that I grew from seed, and repotted a plant today. Tomorrow I am going to a job fair for the State of Indiana. I know the state does not pay all that well, but it is worth a shot and I feel like I am at least working at getting a job. I have applied for about all that is on line on the net job sites for the moment, so this job fair is the next action.

Also had the period from H*LL over the weekend. Wore two pads and a tampon and still leaked out on the sheets. Two nights in a row. Had to wash sheets twice in two days. Sheesh.

Better get to bed, didn't sleep well last night. Had night sweats. Bleck. I am kind of tired from being up and down all night last night.

Everyone have sweet dreams tonight and a wonderful day tomorrow.

Much love and hugs,
Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 AM   #104  
Happy September

A MESSAGE FROM SHADDIE....SHE HAS BEEN LOCKED OUT AT THE NEW JOB BUT I AM SURE SHE WILL FIND A WAY BACK IN ----

wouldn't want you to forget me, I'm having problems getting onto the site. The connection I am using is turning you all red again. Funnily enough I didn't have the same problem in Perth!!! Go figure.

Still sick. Can only hope that some good will come out of this and I will lose some weight. But at least I am only rushing to the loo for one end now instead of two and trying to debate which comes first. Wouldn't wish this on anyone even my worst enemy.

Dampier is quite pretty -nice beaches - no crocs this far south apparently but there are bloody annoying flies and heat. Got to 44 yesterday. Bummer was that I was flying up to Karratha and they upgraded me to business class instead of cattle class but..... I couldn't touch the champagne or the lovely chicken dinner. I slept through most of the flight - the lovely steward gave me gastrolyte to drink and a blanket to keep me warm and he tucked me in. Such is life when you are old an sick.

Blessings to all - hope you are all feeling 10% better than me!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-15-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:48 AM   #105  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES. WENT DOWN BEFORE 6:30 TO DELIVER SOME BOSS'S DAY CARDS AND ALREADY GOT COMPLAINTS. WILL NO ONE EVER SEE THE MAINTENANCE STAFF IS INEPT?? GOD I AM REALLY SICK OF LIVING HERE. I'M GONNA MOVE TO A WARMER CLIMATE AND BE RID OF ALL THESE LAZY SODS!
THANKS FOR THE HB WISHES FOR RICHIE. I WILL PASS THEM ON WHEN THEY CALL. LAST NIGHT WE HAD ITALIAN AND SPANISH FOOD....I SHOULD SAY LATE AFTERNOON. WE WERE ALL STARVING SO WE ATE EARLY. LIVING A BORING LIFE THIS WEEK SO NOTHING NEW TO REPORT!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!

HAPPY~ I HAD A SIMILAR NIGHT. JUST COULD NOT STAY ASLEEP AND THE FALLING BACK TO SLEEP WAS EVEN HARDER . HOPE YOU DID BETTER LAST NIGHT LIKE I DID

MICHELLE~ FORGET ABOUT CATCHING UP AND SPEND THE TIME RESTING AND GETTING WELL. CHEST "THINGS" NEED TO BE WELL TAKEN CARE OF SO MBE GOOD TO YOURSELF

CEEJAY~ WISHING US BOTH MANY QUIET DAYS IN THE FUTURE!!!

ANNIE~ HOPE THE INDIANA RED FLOOD IS GONE NOW OR AT LEAST SLOWING DOWN!!! YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MENOPAUSE WHEN IT COMES!! GOOD LUCK AT THE FAIR....WORKING FOR THE GOVT RIGHT NOW MIGHT NOT BE SUCH A BAD IDEA. YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE! LOL
HAVE FUN WITH TONY AND THE MOVIE. GLAD YOU ARE KEEPING BUSY. STAY HAPPY!!
Closed Thread