Old 10-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #17  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Think Carla must have gone to bed
Old 10-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning chicks,
Slept late this morning. I've just opened one small window and all I can smell is defoliation from the farmers. ugh. Down it goes.

My calorie range that Bob Harper has given me is 1100-1399, which is okay by me because the doctor has told me that also. I've never eaten tilapia so I'm going to try this today. Rode the stamina bike,which is like the eliptical except you get to set down. It's a great cardio work out, and 15 minutes of strength. I'm making myself go to the gym today to work on the machines.

Hi madcat
congrats on those 11 pounds lost. and love the avatar.
get well soon. Everyone around here has been coughing and sneezing.

Carla, shad hello to you

happy
Keep us informed of your doctor's appointment visit. Like your avatar as well.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #19  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

Just a quick check in....work is INSANELY busy. I'll try and log on later.

Love and hugs,
Old 10-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #20  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ruth, I like your goals, they sound both healthy and fun.

Shy, are you going to get pink polish? Some cosmetic companies are doing a special donation for Breast Cancer research for the month of October. Take care of yourself and get better.

Happy~ We are together in the mould allergies! Does that make us “Sisters of the Travelling Hankies”? And root canals don’t hurt at all. Really the freezing hurts more than the procedure (except for the keeping your mouth open for a long time part). Hope you don’t need one anyway. As long as your Dr isn’t in a state of confusion, it will be fine.

Mel/Jen – Geez Louise! Must have been a very interesting book

Shad~ Hope the painting went well. I love your roses.

Carla~ I had to miss the debate because it was DH’s B-day and I somehow didn’t think yelling at the TV for a couple of hours would be very relaxing for him. My French is not good enough to understand the debates, but I understand they sub-titled. I would have liked to watch it and then watch tonight’s to see who changed their tune. You are right, only in Canada, and that’s what makes it so cool. Our neighbourhood association is sponsoring an all-candidates on Sunday and that will be entertaining since we get to see Olivia Chow in action (though I can’t actually go). Great Oct goal, BTW.

Ceejay~ Thanks for the congrats. Hope you like the tilapia. I’m a big fan. It’s such a nice mild fish.

Diyana~ Hope works calms down… but does it ever?

I’m starting to feel better and the cold has morphed into an annoying (to others as well as me) cough. I went to the Dr for my physical results and apparently I am going to live forever, except for being a bit low in iron and B12. He suggested a supplement which I will take like a good girl. No other issues though, so that is good news.

My October goals are to continue to go to the gym at least 5 days a week, eat well, and drink more water! Weight goal is to make it to 170 by the end of the moth. This weight is coming off slow, but it is coming off. I would rather take my time and find a way to be able to be a reasonable weight without having to live on carrot sticks and melba toast.

Last edited by Madcat; 10-02-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #21  

Morning all,
The sun is shining, there is a slight breeze in the air and there is the smell of jasmine, roses and a hint of lavender in the air - as well as the smelly diesel fumes from the truck down the road doing it's morning wake up ritual. Still, that will go soon and I will be left to my peace and meditation on the patio. I had breakfast out there this morning. It was so lovely.

Yesterday's painting went well and I seem to have tamed the peeling paint and walls. Got up fairly early this morning and have painted the hall with it's first coat of buttery yellow and also plastered a small patch on one of the bedroom walls. Hopefully this time it will stay. I suspect the DS2 did not put enough nails in the wall and it has moved somewhat.
I've painted three walls of the bedroom in White Opal which is a cream shade. Not exactly sure it looks like the swatch of paint did, but it will do. It's very neutral and looks okay with white woodwork.

Carla - I'd love to be in Canada now to watch the trees change colour, you made it sound so lovely. Guess I will have to put more pennies aside. I watched a Holmes on Homes program yesterday where he was in St John and I thought it looked so great, so different from what we have here.
Good goals there. Now if you skip the posting more often, how will we know you have kept up with the others?

Ruth - enjoy the thanksgiving. No doubt there will be plenty to eat and drink as well. Drive carefully out to the farm. Are you taking Disney with you?

Michelle - good goals. Hope the work lets up shortly for you to have a bit of a break in working hours. Whatever happened to the 8 hour day and smoko and lunch breaks??

Rennie - you are a nut case. If you must clean, limit yourself to a couple of hours, then rest in a warm place with a drink and a good book. Then if you must, do a little more and rest again. It's no wonder you stay sick when you get sick!

Happy - there are months and months. Some months are not good, this one hasn't been good for most of us, and others we just seem to fly through. We need to make a resolution to just get on with it. Where we can't exercise properly, then maybe upper body stuff or lower body stuff as the case maybe. Glad to here the tooth feels better.
How did you get on with the orthopedic man. Another doc for you to add to the list!!!

Ceejay - the roses are doing very well at the moment. I do love waking up to the perfume in the morning. I shall like it even more when the smell of paint disappears.
I'm a little concerned about those calories. In my opinion, Bob needs some more body fat around his skinny frame. You can eat too little you know.

Madcat - sorry to hear about the cold and now cough. Wish the delightful DH a belated happy birthday from me. Now why did I think you spoke French? Must be Carla's influence creeping in. I can understand the dilemma over dinner or debate. Sorry, I'll take dinner everytime. There was a joke on the tv the other day where a little girl asked her mother if all fairy tales began with 'Once upon a time'. No the mother replied, some begin with 'When I am elected to office, I will........'

Anyway, time to get off here. My new boss has fired 4 e-mails my way this morning and I'm not even on the payroll yet. I'd better go read and inwardly digest.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #22  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Well I saw the orthopedic guy this morning. A nice youngish doctor. Very pleasant. He said the location of the pain in a young person like me was disconcerting. Could be bursitis. Could be Bone Death in the hip. A long and fancy name basically meaning there isn't enough blood supply to the bone and it deteriorates and will crumble away. There is no cure, only a hip replacement.

I was more than a little stunned to hear that, was expecting a pulled muscle or something on that order. I have to go for an MRI on Monday - he said he can't really make an accurate diagnosis or treatment plan until he gets more info. And I am horribly claustrophobic. Not sure if Shad realized that I almost bolted when we went down in the caves as I try really hard to hide and fight the waves of panic. There's no way you'd get me in an MRI tube unless I was passed out cold and you stuffed me in there. I had an open MRI once and had all I could do not to panic at that one. Even after 2 Valiums. Of course that was for my neck and the large slab that contained the magnet was 2 inches from my face. I'm hoping the hip MRI will at least leave my face open. I will again be doing the open MRI.

Forgive me but I just don't feel like being chatty at the moment. I'm thinking right now I'd like to take the weekend off to myself...
Old 10-03-2008, 02:31 AM   #23  

Not great news Happy, but until you get a final diagnosis you need to stay optimistic. Yes I remember you having a problem in the caves. However you braved it out and you enjoyed them in the end. Just think of the caves and how you conquered that fear a year and a bit ago and go do it all over again. Pretend you are in the caves. Think about that wonderful spring gushing out of the hillside when we went on that walk. Look at DH's pics of the caverns and surrounds and then take them in your mind to the MRI thingy. It always helps to have a happy memory of good times when you have to do something you would rather not. I'd come and hold your hand but the thing only fits one at a time.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning.

Happy mentioned Jen's post on the old thread. Guess I should have closed it. Will do that now. So sorry to hear Mel buggered up her eye and I'm wondering about strange NJ sex practices too!

Whizzing through as usual although the South Beach problems have abated. I spend altogether too much time online. I should never have signed up for unlimited usage!

Today is a big "good works" day - I have the Church bulletin to write and print, mums to plant up at the Church and a bunch of cooking to do for tomorrow's Farmer's Breakfast at the United Church - we get spurts of ecumenicism in this village! I need to crank out six coffee cakes so the oven will be busy.

Good day in town yesterday - my cute little Portuguese money man took me out to lunch. (I wonder if he's skimming.) We went for dim sum and I managed to choose just the steamed not fried items and avoided rice and dumpling stuff.

Disney wants out and, yes, she is going to sister Joan's for TD dinner.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #25  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY THAT I WAS GETTING FOOKING LAID!
WHAT I REALLY NEED TO DO IS STOP MULTI-TASKING!!
I WAS HOLDING A FOLDER WITH SHEETS OF PAPER IN IT AND TRYING TO LOAD THE PRINTER AT THE SAME TIME. THE FOLDER "SNAPPED" CLOSED WITH MY WEAK LEFT HAND AND ALL THE PAGES HIT MY ONE EYE. THANK GOD IT WAS ONLY THE ONE!!! THERE IS A SCRATCH OVER THE IRIS BUT IT'S HEALING. JUST HURTS A LITTLE STILL AND THE EYE BALL ITSELF IS SWOLLEN SO THE VISION IS VERY BLURRY!
I DID SKIM THE POSTS BUT THE LIGHTED SCREEN IS STILL A BIT OF A BOTHER. WILL TRY AGAIN OVER THE WEEKEND.

THANKS RUTH FOR STARTING A NEW MONTH!!
MADCAT HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.
SHAD IS LIVING IN CREAM
CARLA IS HERE...A MIRACLE IN ITSELF
HAPPY..WHAT CAN I SAY...... SENDING MY LOVE
RENNIE...FEEL BETTER
MICHELLE..I THOUGHT OF YOU AND EXERCISED EVERY DAY ANYWAY!
ANNIE...THIS WILL BE A BETTER MONTH!
CEEJAY..A GREAT MONTH FOR YOU TOO!

LOVE ALL THE NEW AVATARS.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-03-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #26  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good Morning Chicks!

Happy Friday! This has been a LOOOOONG and exhausting week, but the end is just a few short hours (okay 7) away. I am in a GREAT mood today. I'm feeling really good and happy. This weekend, DH and I plan to do some fishing, watch baseball and football on TV, he's going to change the oil in his SUV and my car, I'll do some website work. And I hope to get time to decorate the front yard for Halloween. I also need to find some healthy recipes for soups, stews and other meals because.....I'm suddenly allergic (or so it seems) to Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine entrees. I don't know what ingredient is causing the allergy...I only know that when I eat one of the dinners, my heart starts racing, and I get very hot, red and blotchy on my arms and legs that starts to constrict my throat if I don't take a Benedryl. Once I take a Benedryl, I'm better within 30 minutes. I've been eating those entrees for YEARS. I would eat them every night for dinner (I know...they aren't as healthy and full of sodium). But I've never had reactions like I've had the last few times I've eaten them. They aren't even the same brand or type of dinner, so I'm not sure what's causing the reaction. I plan to get into see the doc and hopefully get tested for food allergies.

So if you chicks know anything about food allergies or if you have some great and EASY recipes (remember I hate to cook) or recipe websites, I sure would appreciate any assistance/advice you can provide. Speaking of recipes....since I don't like cooking and when I do cook I prefer to cook something that makes several servings and freezes well. And I don't like fish, olives or feta cheese. Other than that, I'm not very picky.

Do any of you chicks have fun plans for the weekend?

Shad - White Opal sounds like a lovely color...and so versatile...you can easily change the mood of the room with throw pillows and other accents. Well done! Sounds like your air has a lot more pleasant fragrance than Ceejay's did yesterday. As for breaks during the workday, those are few and far between. And it seems like you don't get smoke breaks unless you smoke...discrimination against healthy people. That's a great joke about "When I am elected to office"!

Madcat - I hope you are feeling better. on the 11 pounds lost! That's wonderful! And the new avatar is adorable! I'm glad to hear your doc appt went well. I'm low in iron and B12 as well. In fact, I take a multi-vitamin, B12 and prescription strength Niacin every day to keep my levels close to normal. Great goals! Gym at least 5 days a week? You are my inspiration...I will get back to 5 days a week too. 170, what a lovely number. And you're right...weight coming off slow is at least coming off. Well done!

Ceejay - I love your new avatar! What a gorgeous view! Did you take that photo? Well done for letting Bob Harper guide you. I'm sure with your dedication you will see good results soon! What is "defoliation"? Is that the burning of the fields? If so, I just didn't know there was an actual term for it, and I'm surrounded by farms out here in the country. I hope you enjoyed the tilapia. Good job on getting such a great workout in! Since I didn't go to the gym yesterday, I dub you yesterday's Exercise

Happy - Sorry to hear about the hip diagnosis! But Shad is right...until you receive a final diagnosis, try and stay optimistic. Good luck with the open MRI. I've had a few MRIs for my back...My issue isn't being closed in...it's having to lay still for so dang long. Remember you've got lots of love and support here and we'll be with you in spirit when you have your MRI...of course we won't be in the tube with you as that would get way too crowded.

Mel - I'm glad to hear your eye is doing a little better. Hang in there.

Well, got to get lots of work done today. Here's to a great Friday for all of us.

Love and hugs,
Old 10-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #27  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple...827710,00.html

HERE'S A LINK FOR WWW.REALSIMPLE.COM AND THEY HAVE 20 RECIPES FOR 20 MINUTE MEALS!!
ALSO GOOD SITE FOR THAT IW WWW.FAMILYCIRCLE.COM AND ALSO WWW.WOMANSDAY.COM

I ALSO WENT INTO MY STASH IN THE FRIDGE. WW HAS NO WARNINGS THAT I COULD SEE BUT A LOT OF SMALL PRINT I CANNOT READ. NEITHER COULD JEN. WE REALLY NEED A MAGNIFYING GLASS BUT ON ALL THE LEAN CUISINES THERE IS USUALLY A MILK, SOY OR WHEAT WARNING. MAYNY PEOPLE ARE DEVELOPING A SOY ALLERGY. IT'S A PLANT HORMONE AND IT'S IN A MILLION FOODS. THERE IS TALK ABOUT US USING IT FAR TOO MUCH IN THE COUNTRY AND ONE OF MY DRS GAVE ME ADVICE ABOUT NOT CONTINUALLY DOSING MYSELF WITH SOY MORNING, NOON AND NITE. JUST A QUICK THOUGHT. SOME ALLERGIES TO FOOD ARE BROUGHT TO A HEIGHTENED REACTION BY ADDED DAILY STRESS. JEN HAS THIS AND GETS HIVES. SHE USES BENEDRYL ALSO.
HOPE THE DR CAN HELP.

PS I am having a good day.... good food, good exercise and fresh (such as it is) air.....I also got to see some LOVELY EYE CANDY WITH THE CONSTRUCTION GUYS!! even with blurry vision these guys look good...maybe even better They love my big black chair!! I told them it does tricks. I was with Richie, my protector, so of course no demonstrations out in the street went on!!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #28  
Creating a Healthier Me

Thanks for the recipe links, Mel. In looking at the ingredients on the label...the only one that jumped out at me as something I don't eat all the time in other foods and I could be allergic to is soy. So that's one I'm going to have the doc check out first.

I'd hope to eventually find the food I'm allergic to and avoid it rather than keep taking Benedryl. in the meantime I guess I'll have to cook.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #29  

Morning all,

Michelle - I like cooking - far too much as one can see by my more than ample figure. There is a new recipe book out here now, put out by two mums who have turned into megastars with their recipes - called 4 Ingredients. They have two books out now and try to use all the stuff they have in the pantry and freezer so you aren't constantly running to the store all the time. Not sure whether you can get it over there yet, but if you don't like cooking - this might be the style for you. Most of it is one pan stuff as well. If you want to check it out try this link. http://www.4ingredients.com.au/page/thankyou.html. There is a recipe for beef kofta on there that sounds okay.
I've watched the tv show and it is okay and some of the recipes sound great, they are just too excited for me to really enjoy the show. Fantastic is a word that crops up far too many times in a recipe.
Also if you have suddenly become allergic to the tv dinners, then it is probably not soy causing it. They will have changed one of the preservative ingredients - check out the numbers of the food additives.

Ruth - so you are having a few problems on SBD. Now why doesn't that surprise me. Couple of people there who should have been shot at birth. Would have made the entire world happier, however I should be kind. Not everyone is as smart, funny, intelligent, classy as me and you!

Mel - good to see you back. Take care of that eye. Watching eye candy will only incite the swelling and not reduce it. Naughty girl!

Okay - time to hit the paintpot again. Today will be the last time hopefully on this project. I have a second coat to put on the hall wall and 2 coats to go on one bedroom wall. Then the scotia and skirting have to be done and I am finished. Tomorrow, I think I will celebrate. Well maybe. Meantime, I'm off to breakfast on the patio, finish my coffee, shower and get into it. Shower I hear you say. Yes because I didn't get one yesterday and I can just about smell myself from here.
Have fun. Weekend is here.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Did you use a primer to stablize the wall after sanding it? That will make a huge difference.

Michelle
Defoliation is a chemical used by the farmers to burn the leaves on cotton and beans. It stinks and aggravates my sinuses. I've learned that I have to keep my window's closed because it will give me bronchitis if I breathe to mc of it.
I borrowed the photo from a websight. I had one similar to this one but have no idea where it is. I've been to this mountain and have sit on this very sight. I'd love to go back again.
Could your allergy be MSG?

Happy
I'm with the rest. Be optimistic until you have the MRI.

Ruth
Enjoy your trip and family. I like Thanksgiving.

Mel
Glad to see you back. You made me laugh at watching the construction workers.

I've had a good day. The trip to Blytheville was a good outing for me today.
My Altell bill was due and wanted to ask some questions. Then down to the end of the strip mall to super Walmart. Also got my hair cut. I also needed a break from cleaning.
Celery was on my plan for veggies this week. I'm going to have to figure out a way to like this stuff.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-03-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Closed Thread