Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 06:24 PM   #226  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Yesterday was a day of almost complete total frustration. Nothing went the way I wanted it to. Darned machine wouldn't give me the answers I wanted and sometimes wouldn't give me the program I wanted. Darnit, darnit, darnit. Today has got to be better.

Soon we will move from October to November, I'll try to get the new thread up and running while you are all snoring off the sugar overload from the treats.
The gremlins got in the halloween spirit over here last night and there was an explosion on the gas plant which will result in loss of supplies of gas (not petrol gas, gas gas for cooking etc.) to the country and around the world. They will have it fixed by today they reckon so although it sounded spectacular and the flare was massive, it can't have been too bad. Fortunately, no one got hurt.

Morning Happy - tip toeing through as fast as possible.

Morning Mel - ABC radio has the old British funnies on at the moment. We have the Goon show, My Word, Just a minute, my music and a few others I can't remember. Those guys were both intelligent and funny. Pity they are just about all dead. I really enjoy the play on words.
Glad to hear you have time for relaxation. We all need it from time to time.

Morning Mary

Okay - better go check out the rest of the sites and get on with the day. It can't be as frustrating as yesterday can it?
Old 10-31-2008, 07:50 PM   #227  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just got off the phone from sharing North American Halloween with Shad who is already in November. I figured I'd better get my fluffy butt in here and post before the month ends. I may be interrupted by kids ate the door as I was during Shad's phone call.

First of all, darling Worldlies, I have a gorgeous basket of plants on my desk from some rock group called Joy and the Worldlies! Too funny! I'll take a pic an post it because it's very colourful and will be long lasting. I am such a plant nut. I'm a Luddite when it comes to posting pics except as a 3FC thumbnail but I can learn. (Note to Self: Just do it!)

The funeral went very well yesterday. Harry would have been impressed with the turn-out. Even the weather cooperated and most of the snow had melted by the time we went to the grave. I had about 60 people in the house for the "lunch" and the pizzas were a great hit. Everyone appreciated having something different from the usual church hall food. Of course a bit of wine and beer was consumed! My dear friends did all the cleanup and my kitchen looked immaculate by the time everyone left. I had a late afternoon nap and a quiet evening.

Today felt strange. Although Harry has been in the nursing home for the past four years, he still was officially here. Now I'm a widow and it will take some getting used to. (Never end a sentence with a preposition!) I'm considering taking a bit of a sabbatical from visiting the home with my dog - maybe until January. Not sure why because I'm very pragmatic but I think I need space a space to adjust to being officially single. Nope, I've not registered with eharmony.com!

More kids at the door and it hope it continues for a while. There are too many packages of chips and red liquorice in this house to be safe! Pray for me!

See y'all next month. How did November sneak up so fast?
Old 10-31-2008, 11:31 PM   #228  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

New thread now open for November - click on this to go to the new one.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...65#post2433865

I'll get Ruth to close this one when she gets her head out of the candy pile.
Closed Thread