Old 09-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Back In Kindergarten #57

HI & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Home of the BIG A$$ Walking Challenge!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this summer.

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #2  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Happy Birthday & Anniversary Sassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope they're both great!!!!

Nothing new to report. I moved a lot of boxes last night and this morning. My arms & legs hurt, lol. But its a good kind of hurt, if that makes sense. We're going to my friend's house in PA when Fonzo gets off work. We're gonna pick up our new kitty, and watch the SATC movie!! I'm so excited for both. I shall post pics of the new kitty as well as her name (we picked one last night) when I get home.

Oh ya..Fonzo showed me where he's working at. The ships (if you wanna call them that) are called Yard Patrol. They are smaller than small boys, lol. It was totally weird seeing them after 5 years of seeing giant *** aircraft carriers. So ya..he's basically gonna be fixing the engines on those.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #3  

we were over 100 posts again......so I thought I would start us over again!

so much for Logan doing a daily thing called a nap......he is avoiding it like the plague right now. I have already folded and put away the rest of our laundry. Now, I am about to go get the mail and talk to the office manager about getting a couple of things looked at that need to get looked at.

thanks for the nice comments about my new avatar! I took it the other day when we had our little bonfire and BBQ the other day.

Sassy~ Happy early Birthday and happy early anniversary!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 03:07 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon...Thought I would stop by to say I have been running errands all day...so busy, busy.

I have also put on chili for today so DH can eat the rest of his cornbread. Great minds think alike Cristina.

Talk later...
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Talking

Thanks Ya'all. We're going out w/ friends tonight.

TTYL!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Caught up just in time to catch Sassy's birthday is tomorrow!!

Happy Birthday Sassy!! Wishing you a wonderful day

I think cleaning for 5 straight hours allows me to have pancakes and some sausage links, don't you?? I do and I did . I had some pancakes this morning and don't feel too guilty. Cleaning is hard work!! Especially those dang beds, I am soooo exhausted...and the novality is starting to wear off....I really need an office job, lol

Jules - why is Teri in NYC?

Mindee- How is your ankle? What kind of cookies did you bake?? Gabster has her school pictures on Monday. Thanks for the new thread

Franice - ummm, I have a dish washer you can have?? I don't use it, uses too much water and I have to wash the dishes even before I put the dishes in the machine. lol....do any of the apt's have w/d hook up?? Maybe in the future you guys can transfer?? Just a thought, in the meantime, think of all the calories you are burning going up and down the stairs!!

Sue - Good for you on staying below 170. I am weighing above the 143 but I have been eating late so I don't beat myself up too much, figure it will go right back down......you are doing great! YUM to chili!

Cristina - hmmm, I forget what you wrote..lol...sorry!! How are you doing?? How is little Chase?? I want an office job now!! I don't want variety.....and I hate thinking that way but I really think my mom hit the nail on the head.....I am too special to clean .........ok, she didn't say special. lol...Full time jobs are so hard to find in this area, I am going to have to paste 2 part time jobs together....at least with this motel job I will have medical.

Katy - How is L?? Did she ever go back to school?? I think the last I read she was home sick. Good for you on working out in the yard!! You deserve a cookie

Tammy - I wouldn't work more hours either...that is why I was off for 14 months, lol. jk,,,,how are you doing today??

Asia,,,where are you chickie???

oops, better go pick up Gaby for Adventure Club, she likes it so far. Also next Tuesday there is going to be a Good News starting up after school ....a church is doing it. I thought that was different, usually church activities aren't in the school.

Trying to get Rach to take the bus down Thursday afternoon, miss her so much. She got her drivers permit and she started school, good for her ,,,,and Beck is pulling in A's.....yay, to both of those girls.

anyway, will have more time to chat tomrrow!! You all take care!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-23-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Sassy- Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!! Hope you have a good time.

Susan- I don't think I would like a job cleaning...can't you find one that involves going to the beach?

Well, the chili was good and I had 1/2 bowl. Also had a salad. I have found that I am getting full on much less food..good feeling. And I don't crave snacks...much
Rode 2 miles and feel pretty good.

I don't know if I will lose any faster this week, but I am plugging along. We go out of town Thurs. and Fri...so don't know how eating out 2 days will play out.
Then in Oct. we go on vacation for 2 weeks...might be a disaster.
I wanted to be 160 when I hit 60 next month, but time is too short for that now. Darn!

Oh well...just wanted to log in the bike riding.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #8  

the kids are all in bed and asleep! I just got done watching TBL, and now I am watching L & O. Brandon and Logan told me that they wanted hot dogs for dinner, so I made the kids hot dogs. Then I was contemplating what I was going to have for dinner.....when the phone rang. It was my neighbor telling me that she was sending her boyfriend over with their leftovers for me to eat. She knows that Tuesdays are the nights when Tommy has lodge, so she sent them over here for me to eat. So, I had some meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner.

now I am wanting some chili, but Tommy will only make it if it is cold outside.....so I think it is suppose to be cold next week.

Sue~ Have fun this weekend!!!

SuzieQ~ I made some peanut butter cookies the other day. My ankle is doing better. I am still not going gung ho on my workout dvd.....so I am working on my abs for now. I will start back into my walking workouts on the 29th when I start my next challenge with Leslie Sansone.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:31 AM   #9  
~Believe~

Talking

Hola Chickareenos!

Had a great time with my friends!!! Now its time for bed!!! Nightie night!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Okay, just a quick HI & bye from me this morning. Getting ready to head out in about an hour. Not sure how long I will be gone...about a week I am thinking so...will see you ladies when I get back.

SASSY...again, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU! And Anniversary too!

Have a great day, and rest of the week ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #11  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Sassy~Happy Birthday!!!!

Susan~LoL!!! I actually dont mind not having a dishwasher. I just hate it when theres like a thousand dishes to wash. That gets really annoying. And nope...none of the other apartments have w&d hookups. I really miss my washer & dryer, lol.

Well..heres a pic of my new kitten Stormee!!!

Like I said earlier..she's a maine coon. She's a kitten, but she's as big as my other cats. She's really skinny right now, so we gotta fatten her up. She's also very scared. Probably cuz she's been to 4 houses in the past 2 days, lol. But she's sooooooo friendly. The other cats sniffed her out, but it will take some time for them to get used to her. Which is okay, cuz Stormee is just hiding out under the bed. She likes to hide. She's sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!

Have a safe trip Cristina

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 09-24-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #12  
~Believe~

Talking

Thanks All!!!! Francie -- your new kitty is very cute!!! I hope you all are doing well!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Cute kitty Francie.

Again Sassy...hope you are enjoying your day!

I rode a mile this morning before breakfast and had to stop and eat...I was starved all the sudden. I will go ride more in a bit.
Just packing a few items for an overnight trip, leaving in the a.m tomorrow and back Fri. night. I hope I can curtail the eating..ugh..and it is a buffet. Yikes!
Still wondering why the scales won't move, and having people tell me I look like I am losing.

Not a lot going on today, just one load of wash and a little more yard work. DH is mowing right now, so I have to wait. I planted my irises and squirrels dug them all up. They left them laying though when the found out it wasn't nuts...lol. I am moving some plants around that got too large for their areas this year, or some that just plain didn't like the sun/shade where I put them. I am learning by trial and error and just move things if they don't work out...

Have a nice day ladies and a great Thurs. & Fri. as I won't be checking in.

P.S. Have a safe trip Cristina.

Last edited by suetalks; 09-24-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #14  
RosieKate

Sue and Cristina - Have safe trips! See you when you return!

Francie - very cute kitty! So how many cats is that now? I like cats, but my DD's dust allergy keeps us from getting one

Mindee - that sounds like a yummy dinner. On Sparkpeople, if you are on the food diary page and you look at the very bottom of the right hand bar, there will be a link that says "Spark Recipes". Click on that, then when you are on the new page, there will be a tab on the top that says " Recipe Calculator", and that is where you can enter your own recipes and get a calorie count. Sometimes the news is not good, as I found out.

Susan-..idk if I could clean for a job, but I could see how it could be therapeutic in a way. You can just turn off the brain, get some good exercise, and feel like a job well done. There's something kind of appealing to that. I'm so glad to see that Astoria is working out so well for you and Gaby; it seems to be the change of pace that you needed to have.

Sassy..sounds like you vacay is going extremely well Enjoy your celebrations!

I spent a couple hours in the back yard this morning; now I have piles of produce to deal with. Probably going to freeze most of it. I have basil, kale, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and cucumbers. I also have apples that I swapped some zucchini for with my friend. Don't have large enough amounts to can. I can make pesto out of the basil. I can cook the kale and there won't be all that much after it cooks down. I'll make applesauce in the slow cooker. So, I guess my day is only beginning,lol! I did weigh in at 173 today, so i was able to neutralize the cookie binge. Now I just need to stay OP and stop having these little splurges that set me back.

Last edited by RosieKate; 09-24-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #15  

popping in shortly........

I went through all the clothes that our neighbor brought over for Marissa. This girl is definitely a typical girl! I haven't even gone through the stuff in the basement yet! And she already has two dressers full, AND most of my side of our walk in closet! I am telling you, she could possibly take over the whole entire walk in closet! (although Tommy won't like that very much!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SASSY!!!!!!

Francie~ What a cute little kitty!!!!

I gotta run........I still have a couple of other things before I get Brandon off the bus! A friend of ours called and asked me if I wanted some pizzas. Her work has some extra and she called to see if we wanted some.