Old 11-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #136  
Fat-be-gone

aimee - black friday shopping might be a good idea. With the way sales are down and people not wanting to spend money and everything, there might be some really good deals to get people into the stores. I haven't really seen anything salewise, though. those ads don't usually come out til' the day before Thanksgviing. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not using conventinal weights right now. I'm using our Wii Mario Kart steering wheels. LOL. I only had one 5 pound weight and started using it, just trading off, but it feels too weird. So I just used those. I need to upgrade to something heavier, though, because it has gotten too easy.

Wendy - good luck at the gym. Remember the hardest part is getting yourself there. Once you're there you'll get into it!! Have fun too !

I gave myself a break last night. But I will continue onto Day 6 of the Shred tonight. Eating has been okay today. It could be better, but it could've been a lot worse.

I can't wait for this week to be over. After this week, it's a short work week next week and then the 4 day weekend I've been so looking forward to. No black Friday for me. I hate crowds. I'm even going to bypass going to see Twilight this weekend. I'll wait til the hysteria dies down and probably see it next weekend.

I guess I'm an anti-social butterfly

TTYL
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #137  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

WOW! I am sure bad at posting.

Aimee - WTG on exercising again!

So I went to my WW meeting on Friday, week two weigh in down 4.8! Alot is water but I will take it. Hope I can keep it up for this Friday. We went to a hockey game on the weekend, it was better then normal eating wise though.

And a VERY VERY crazy game and night. Long story short we ended up in the back of a 10 person limo, filled with free booze and a free ride... that was after free drinks and eats at a bar.... I did pretty good, only 3 drinks!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #138  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I'll be home Saturday. I feel oddly focused now.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #139  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Hey Courtnie, good for you!
Shari, welcome back!
Hi Ro
Hi Aimee

Went to the gym today and I feel like a bowl of jello, hope I'm not to sore tomorrow! ACK!
Catch ya's later!
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:58 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

So I had a little moment today - my thought was this... this is my only life, and being too lazy to cook my own healthy meals, making myself fat by eating all those bad things for me.. and waiting to basically LIVE until I am skinny is just a WASTE OF TIME!! I need to get myself together, this is just unacceptable.

And with that said - I exercised today, and I ate dinner at home! That was day 4 of the shred!

Rosario - I don't think I will be going go Black Friday, mostly because I can't get the time off work. We are fully into christmas, so yah, no time off! Weights a pretty darn expensive! I couldn't believe it, kinda insane, it was like 10 bucks for each 5 pound weight, how does that even make sense?? How are you doing with the pushups? I am still on the girl ones, I don't know if I'll ever graduate to the other ones! But I am making it thru them all

Courtnie - Congrats on the WI!

Shari - Glad to hear the motivation you've got, don't you wish we could bottle it for times in need?

Wendy - hi! I hope you aren't too sore tomorrow either!

-Aimee

Last edited by SwimGirl; 11-17-2008 at 11:59 PM.
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #141  
Fat-be-gone

eek! I haven't worked out in 2 days. It's just yesterday I got home later than usual and I was draggin! But tonight I have to cook so I will be definitely be getting in a workout. Besides, my boobs are sticking out more than my tummy and I want it to stay that way!!!

aimee - I know how you feel. I've come to that realization already yet I still don't change my bad ways. I'm one of those stubborn people though. And it'll probably take something major to make me come to my senses. And I don't want it to come to that. That's why Im trying to change NOW! I hate push-ups!! I do the girl ones to...before I was doing the really girly ones by juts lifting my weight up and down. ANd I rarely get through them all. I just have no arm strength at all! All my strength is in my legs (well, no wonder...they've been carrying my bug butt around all these years!! lol)

wendy - great job on going to the gym! you'll feel much better as you go more and more. Besides feeling like jello, I bet your pretty proud of yourself. Keep it up!

shari - you better STAY focused chica!!

courtnie - some girls have all the luck!! I'd kill for a limo ride and free drinks!! lol great job on your loss!!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:35 AM   #142  

Day 5 of the shred is complete!! It was a late workout, I started it at like 9pm.. but since I stayed up later than normal, it turned out okay! Plus I got the workout in! Phew! I have noticed that since I started working out - I am gaining weight, hopefully all water weight. Talk about frustrating though since I am starting to get some control on my eating.

Rosario - what do you mean by really girly ones? Is there a way to make it easier? I could go for that! I hate the lunges, only because they hurt my feet.. which I think is due to standing and walking 8.5 hours a day. I am halfway there! I am excited to see my measurements at the end of the 10 days, hopefully they are where I ended the 10 days last time!

I am off to bed - Josh needs me to drive him to work in the morning, yuck, so I have to get up early-ish. Good night!

-Aimee
Old 11-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #143  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Aimee - yay on day 5! I havent exercised in forever!

Ro - luck? LOL, I didn't get into how creepy the people in the limo were hahaha
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #144  
Fat-be-gone

aimee - the first week of the shred, I gained weight too. But after giving myself a break and starting again, the scale was down this morning. I'll wait to officially weigh in after the first 10 days are up. And I read about other people who did gain weight at first when starting the shred. I guess I wouldn't call them girly push-ups, more like super lazy push ups! They are just pushing up your upper body weight. Your hips are practivally glued to the floor and you're just lifting your torso up. I got them from the SI6 series. They're way lazy.

courtnie - ok, creepy people + back of a limo = can't be good. LOL what happened?

Finished Day 6 last night. I'm glad to say that I can get through way more cardio than I was when I first started. Yippee. I'm still working on gettting through a whole workout without stopping and doing every single rep. I do get in a 5 second break here and there. I need to step it up a bit more since I'll be starting Level 2 soon and I'm scared!! Cooked dinner last night too. Yummy chicken and mashed potatoes and salad. I'm feeling good. The scale was down this morning so I'm a very happy camper. THere's still a part of me that wishes this could happen a lot faster. But I know I got to be in it for the long haul. That makes me sad. But I know it'll be worth it in the end.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #145  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Hey all! Thought I'd pop in and let you know that I am like jello again! Day 2 of the gym complete! I hope I can do the stairs in the school tomorrow chasing the kids around! And laughing may hurt as I really worked the abs today!All good!
Later! Time for sleep!
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #146  
Fat-be-gone

wendy - you'll start feeling better after your body gets used to it so hang in there. How's your little boy??

Day 7 of the shred done! yay for me! it really is getting easier and easier. esp the cardio. I'm still dreading level 2.

Eating could be better still. scale was down this morning. woo hoo! but it isn't official until I finish Day 10 of the shred. That'll be sunday morning. bad timing really because I never do well on the weekends. but we'll see how it goes.

trying to eat less to get ready for thanksgiving. I want that meal to be a real treat so I have to cut back on eating so much. we'll probably get together with my bf's sis and they'll make some colombian dishes and I'll make some traditional dishes. I love the holidays. so much family and so much eating!!

hope everyone is doing good!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #147  
Fat-be-gone

hey guys!

finsihed day 8. yesterday's workout was less than stellar. I got it in really late, like 11pm. I finished it but I didn't have as much energy as I usually do. I will never work out that late again!!

How are you all doing??

Old 11-22-2008, 03:50 AM   #148  

OMG!! Best. Concert. Ever. It was so so good, and our seats were so so good!! Lady Gaga was really good, Natasha Beddingfield was SOOOO good!!! And NKOTB? Priceless, they were like... amazing. My ears are ringing, my legs are sore from dancing so much, and I am EXHAUSTED!! But it was SO worth it!

I will come tomorrow when I'm not so exhausted and post for real! Just wanted to update you all on my concert!!

-Aimee
Old 11-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #149  
Fat-be-gone

aimee -aww your so lucky i would of loved to see NKOtB. and I'm really starting to like Natasha Beddingfield. Glad you had fun.

I finally finished day 10 level 1. The results are in. I lost 3.4 pounds and .5 inch of my bust, 2.5 off my waist, 1 inch off my hips, and .5 inch off my calves. I'll take that!! LOL

I'm about to start level 2 and im scerrrred. LOL

take care
Old 11-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #150  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Okay so some sh!t went down and I'm not going to be home until tomorrow afternoon. I miss Leonidas and my computer SO much! TOM started last week and I hope he didn't screw me over too bad on WI this week.

Aimee ~ I'm so glad you had fun at the concert!

Wendy ~ WOOOT for gym!

Ro ~ on finishing the first level and losing those 3 lbs and inches!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote