Old 09-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Back In Kindergarten #56

HI & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Home of the BIG A$$ Walking Challenge!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this summer.

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 09-23-2008 at 02:04 PM.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:29 AM   #2  

I hope you ladies don't mind that I started a new thread. From what I remember it was 100 posts and then they would close us up.....so I figured I would start a new thread for us!

our neighbor that cut my hair, and well basically gave me my little mini makeover on Labor Day informed me last night that she is going to do my eyebrows again, as well as my hair and my make up. She told me that she was going to make me all sexy and then send me home to seduce Tommy. Tommy then asked me last night while we were getting the kids ready for bed if I was going to turn it down. I said "**** no! it is nice to get pampered even if it hurts when she plucks my eye brows!"

Logan is doing better.....in fact I would hardly even call him sick, but he still has a runny nose. Brandon is almost better but not 100% health wise....if you were to look at him you wouldn't think that he was sick until you heard him sniffle. Marissa seems to be the worst out of all three of them. So, I am keeping an eye on her now.

Oh yeah.....the pediatrician's office called me yesterday! The referral for Brandon to see the ENT is done and so now I am going to call on Thursday to make his appointment! So, hopefully they have somewhat late hours so we can get him in there without any problems!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies- Have been so tired and not getting much done the last 2 days. Tues. DH had to prep for a procedure and had it yesterday. I had to have him at the clinic at 6:30 a.m. plus not getting much sleep the night before. Now I just can't seem to get back up to par. Doesn't help that I am having sinus, allergy issues. UGH!

I only rode 2 miles the last 2 days, so need to get out there and kick a$$ today...where I will get the strength, I don't know.

Mindee- Hope the little ones get totally better soon. Glad you are having fun with the make overs. That is something I could use.

Tammy- Way to go on the loss. Be safe on your trip. I can only imagine traffic in DC today. *shudder*

Cristina- You are still teh bomb with your exercise. I had a "woe is me" day yesterday and decided to heck with it. But when it came time to eat I shook it off and did the right thing. Even tho I am stalled at this weight I know I am doing the best thing for my body..so I will continue.

Susan- Cable is good...lol. Really, I watch t.v. in spurts. Right now I am on a reading kick, but I do like my HGTV shows and Jeopardy.

Sassy- *fingers and eyes crossed* for hubby's call back. Sounds promising.

Katy- I love the pics. of your kiddos first day of school. Boys have a way of looking so bored...but they are both adorable.

Asia- Come out and play! Hope things are good with you and the BF.

Jules- Doesn't sound like Teri took Dave back, or did I miss something? Anyway, wanted to wish you luck at WW. I thought my BFF would join with me, but so far no go. Since we plan to go away half the year again I hate to put the money into joining anything.

I know I am missing someone...and I am too lazy to go back to the other thread.... so forgive me. I think I am going to take an allergy tab and nap.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

It is Thursday!!

Unless you are Sassy and it is Saturday ( I think)!!

wow Mindee- I want a neighbor like you have! haha Beck called me up last night and suggested a pedicure ((for both of us))when I come in this weekend. I kind of said ok but it is like $21 and I might have too many bills. Ok, not might, I know I have too many bills. lol Great about the ENT for Brandon but sorry the kids are under the weather, praying they are all back to 100% asap! And thanks for the new thread!

Sue - Ya, I am too lazy too to go back and see what was written. lol
Lets just talk amongest ourselves....lol Ick on the allergy/sinus issues, hope you are back up to speed soon I guess cable is good, Gaby keeps telling me that too. lol I just want to be ready for the Bachelor when it comes back on in November!

I did 1 application this morning and think that is it for the week.

Good news is I have lost 60lbs in 16 months! Yay, and 1 pound from goal, double yay.

And keep my Hawaii Man in your prayers he is facing a triple bi-pass...3 of his arteries are 80-90% clogged. Has me concerned so I think I will just go and stay busy for the rest of the day.

Hi to everyone!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-11-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies...

MINDEE..Thanks for starting the new thread!

Sorry this is a short one...I've got Cambrie for the next three days. Went grocery shopping and then picked her up at the hospital...Josh went for bad stomach pains and he thought he would be out in a couple of hours...funny! Anyway, they are still there so I went and got Cambrie. Anyway...I'll be back later tonight to do individuals.

Have a great day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #6  

just a quick one from me right now......all seems quiet for now! I believe Logan did/still is taking a nap. Marissa seems to be protesting, but I think that she is actually sleeping now!

I called and made Brandon's ENT appointment.....he goes on September 25th at 11am. I am taking this all as a good sign because it is my grandpa's birthday (as well as a younger sister's birthday as well)

I am proud of myself, I got in my workout dvd both yesterday and today! I feel so great after doing it and I really do sleep better at night when I get my workout in.

You are all welcome for starting the new thread! I figured it had to be done and since I was online I might as well do it.

Cristina~ How is Josh doing? Did they figure out what was giving him the bad stomach pains?

SuzieQ~ You are doing great! I have lost about 25 pounds in almost 16 months. I was about 254ish when I had Marissa, and now today I am sitting at 229.6. And I am not done by far! Great job on your hard work!

well, off to finish up with my email before Brandon gets home from school.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Susan- You are an inspiration!

I did get a 3 mile ride tonight. Food has been good...not great, but okay. I cooked cabbage for dinner and ate lots of that and carrots. Decided not to eat anything else. With the sinus and allergy prob I am at least not hungry....that might help.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

SUSAN...missed that earlier...will definitely say a prayer for R.

Sorry ladies...long night and not in the mood for indies...will be back tomorrow for sure though.

Nighty, night.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-11-2008 at 10:51 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #9  

just popping back in here while I have a chance....

all three kids were in bed by 8:30......so I was sitting on the couch catching up on some Ghost Hunters episodes from last month. I was ready for bed, and was about to go until I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 9pm!

SuzieQ~ I missed that earlier as well. I will definitely say a prayer for R.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #10  
ugggg.....

Hi all--woke up with a really bad headache but the coffee * Excedrin Migrane seem to be working--going back to chiro again today--he thinks some of my back & neck troubles are stemming from me bad knee--he gave me some stratches to do everynight on Wednesday--I have to get motivated and get to my WW meeting==if I don't go today I will just keep putting it off...

Sue--having headaches and back trouble here but no allergies yet which is definitly strange for me...Teri is definitely not going back to Dave. SInce he got out of jail (and his monther lied to me about that) he has gone right back to the bad stuff he was doing before. He's been out for about a month and is back to drinking, making up lies, no job since he is always waiting for a "friend" to get him one.....Teri says she loves him and wants to be friends but thats it. He mentioned that if Teri doesn't go after him for child support that he may sign over his rights. Hi other ex is getting ready to take him back to court for delinquent child support so he will probably do another 45 days...I hope Teri's next guy is a good one.

Mindee--Teri used to do my eyebrows--now I go to a place and there are two faves there--an oriental girl and a russian one. Both are really nice and good at what they do...Hope Brandon gets feeling better

Cristina--any word on Josh?? Hope he's ok..have fun with Cambrie

SuzyQ--pedicure sounds nice..hope Rocky is ok--keep us posted.

Tammy--are you ready for the rain again???

Katy--the cleanse is going good...no adverse effects...but can tell it's working....I missed the learn to knit socks class....there is a lady that opened a shop close that is willing to give me 4 weeks of one on one for $50...I am thinking about it...I would like to do more than the knit stitch and scarves...

Francie--hope everything is ok with you!!

Sassy--it's the weekend....

gotta go...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #11  
RosieKate

Leigh is home sick...ALREADY. She was home yesterday, and I thought she would be back in the swing, but today she has a little fever, so we are staying home and drinking lots of fluids. I cleaned the whole house yesterday, so I guess I'll have to tackle other parts of my list today. I need to get after the kids' rooms...they tend to stuff things into their closets and under their beds in the guise of "cleaning their rooms". I got a look at my son's closet yesterday and realized an intervention is necessary. Was going to go to the gym, but now that L is sick, I may get a walk before my son goes to school, or I'll do a video. Also, today is hubby's birthday! We are going to take him to his favorite restaurant...all the more reason to get some exercise today!

Susan
- will keep Rocky in my prayers today; hopefully he will follow up with diet and exercise...but first, a successful surgery! Congrats on your terrific weight loss...you have been so dedicated; I need to get some of that to rub off on me!

Mindee
- likewise - wtg on your 25 pound loss. I've lost 25 since I started my group, but it has been over two years..soo slow! It can be frustrating, but it helps to check in here and see how well you and others are doing and it helps me stay on track.

Jules - glad the cleanse is going well. Hopefully you are getting to the root cause of your headaches...that does not sound like fun. Good for Teri for not getting back with Dave.

Hi to everyone else..sorry I can't ge to everyone right now, but my sick daughter is calling for me..off I goo. Hopefully I'll get back later.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Good Morning.

I am paying computer service at $1.50 every 10 minutes...so I ain't chatting much right now! lol

Rocky will find out about his surgery this morning. He did lose a lot of weight over the last 2 years and cut out a lot of the rice and even has his own garden growing. I am not sure what else he has been eating though. A lot of fatty foods, probably??

I bought a bag of clothes yesterday for $10!! It was $10 bag day....I bought (drum roll) 4 tee shirts, 5 sweaters, 1 pair of jeans and 1 skirt. I am wearing the skirt and the black sweater this morning because I have a job interview!! ,,,,it is just for motel managment but it is a job w/ benefits so I will head for that right now and chat more later today!!

Hope you all are having a good morning.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Susan- Good vibes for the job interview. And prayers for Rocky. Keep us posted on both please.

Katy- Hope Leigh is feeling better. Sounds like you have been full of energy with cleaning the whole house. Something I need to do. As soon as they take in the corn around us I can wash windows again.

Jules- Sure hope you get relief from your ailments. I have never gone to a chiro. I go next week for my yearly exam and mammo. ugh... May be able to get something for this sinus mess.

Cristina- Get feeling better and let us know how it is going with Cambrie. I must admit, I have never heard that name before...what is her middle name? Also, how is Josh? Nothing serious I hope.

Mindee- Well, you should catch up on your sleep when the little ones go down early. They sure can keep you up and at 'em other times. I'm sure you have lost lots of sleep over the years, as do most Mom's.

Sassy- Have a good time off?? Hope DH hears about the job soon.

Tammy, Asia, Francie, Happy week-end to you all.

Well, the scale was still down a hair this morning, so if it holds till Monday I will count it. I don't know how it bounces up and down all week when I think I am being so good. There has to be something I am missing...other people lose 2 or 3 pounds at a time and mine is more like ounces...lol. When I get to 170 it just wants to STICK right there. I get so discouraged. Okay...done whining.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Back again....

Sue - Remember when I was at 171 for like 6 months?? It was sooo frustrating but it started moving again...it'll happen and ounces add up!! The cabbage & carrots sound good, I love steamed cabbage.

Cristina - How is Josh? I hope ok and you are able to enjoy Cambrie this weekend. You feeling better?

Katy - to L, sorry she isn't feeling well. When we were in there last weekend the pool was closed for there 2 week maintenance, I bet it is nice to have it back open?!?! I really need to tone up. Now you planted the idea....I need to clean too. I guess I will go home and change into grubbies and do that myself. I need to get a vacuum first,,,,,I have been sweeping w/ a broom - lol ...like a prairie girl Happy Birthday to your husband!! Where are you going for dinner?

Jules - hope you get some relief too and start feeling better! It is also great to have you back posting, we missed you!!

Mindee- Congrats on the 25 pounds!! I guess it can seem to go slow at times but when you look back it is like...."I am losing weight!"....I like being able to get into smaller size clothes, I think that is the best part....lol, probably should be for my health first but I am shallow,,,haha. Hope you and the family have afun weekend!

to Sassy, Francie, Asia and Tammy!

My interview went ok, she even said she had other applications but wasn't going to interview them. The job will only be 25-28 hours a week, good pay though and medical after 6 months. I am not sure if I can afford to take it , I might have to get another part time job, we'll see. It is Friday, I am just going to relax and have some fun w/ the girls.

Thanks for all the encouragement! It means a lot and seeing everyone else do well keeps me motivated to do the same

anyway, time is ticking so I will chat more later!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-12-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #15  

just popping in here for a second!

I got in my workout today, and have for the past three days. I stepped on the scale today and I am down to 227.6!!!!

It is raining here, so it has been a blah kind of day. Logan is protesting on taking a nap, like usual. Marissa seems to be napping, or at least she is being quiet. She has been off in her sleeping since she has gotten sick. So, we are going to probably take her in tonight to get her checked out.

Jules~ I hope you were able to make it to your meeting! I love your new avatar! Dominic is getting so big!!

Katy~ Happy birthday to your hubby!!! I hope L gets better soon! We seem to have a houseful of sickies on this end.

SuzieQ~ Good luck on the job interview!!! And I will continue to say some prayers for Rocky.

Sue~ I am going to try and catch up on my sleep when the kids go to bed early. I try to, and then usually I remember something that I forgot to do...so I get up to do that and then get sidetracked to something else.

nothing really big planned for this weekend. we are going to clean the carpets this weekend.........nothing big or exciting about that!