Old 09-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #76  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in quickly.....

Brandon has learned two new things to say.........He can now say Brandon when you ask him what his name is. And then if you ask him what his middle name is, he will tell you Thomas. Although when he says Thomas, it sounds more like dumba$$ but he is at least saying it so that is a HUGE breakthrough for him.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #77  
ugggg.....

This week was a busy one...Teri went to NYC and Hubby, me and the babysitter took care of the little guy--boy am I tired and then I had to work today....

God news though--first weigh in at WW and I am down 3 1/2 pounds!!!!

Last edited by jules1216; 09-20-2008 at 06:45 AM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #78  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back again for a few minutes...everyone is gone for the evening so it's just me and Ernie dog.

JULES... to the 3 1/2 pounds gone!That is wonderful news! Hope Teri enjoyed her visit to NYC!

MINDEE...kind of funny about Brandon saying Thomas He'll learn soon enough.

SUSAN...hope you heard something about Rocky by now. Hugs to you and especially him.

Chat tomorrow sometime...think I will take this opportunity to get some reading done. Nighty, night ladies
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:55 AM   #79  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Happy Saturday, Chicks!

Morning.

Yup I just got up opposed to be still being up. Very strange being on a "dayshift" schedule..........It took my body a couple of days to "adjust" but now I think I've got it.........I think we're going out today. DH and his friend rode their motorcycles out to an Amish bakery and DH wanted to take me, said its a nice drive and that the bakery is amazing. Yeah, I know, a bakery is the last place that I should be going, but hey, its my vacation, and my bday and 10 yr. Anniversary next week, so yeah not too worried about my diet right now. Not that I am gonna overdo it, but ya know...........

You know this will sound strange but it was so nice having a "normal" day yesterday. I got up, made my DH breakfast, did dishes, cleaned up a bit, it was just a nice feeling doing things that "normal people" do. After working nights for 2 1/2 yrs now, it was a nice change of pace. Its weird what we take for granted and once we no longer do those things anymore and then have a chance to do them again, well it just makes you appreciate things a lot more. I think I am definitely tired of working nights, but, if my DH gets this new job he has had two interviews for, he will be on nights as well, so won't be a good time for me to change shifts.........But maybe someday, it is wearing on me + working the long shifts, it just takes it out of you. My fil mentioned something about me working part time or even 8 hr shifts, I just was like, "Wow 8 hr shifts........wow.....that would be so nice...." So we'll see. Maybe if my DH gets this job and it goes well, maybe by next year I can begin looking for a new job or maybe a part-time position will open up at my current one............who knows? Well sorry to have rambled on.....but it has just been on my mind a lot recently..........

Well I hope you all enjoy your weekend!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #80  
One day at a time

Good morning, all...

Was up bright and early for my morning walk. Did half of it because my head is stopped up and feeling crappy. Tried to lay back down and go back to sleep, but just couldn't so I got up. Going to hit the treadmill in a few minutes...then I have the Biggest Loser dvd to do and weights. Other than that not much going on with me today...will work in the yard later and just read. For once I plan on reading all day...going to finish up with this book (The Last Time They Met...Anita Shreve) and then read Big Boned by Meg Cabot.

Have a GREAT weekend!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #81  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

No word on Rocky yet, now I am worried. I might call this afternoon if I don't get an email from his sister.

Cristina - I like your Christmas challenge ticker! Christmas will come so fast, I can't believe it is just around the corner. Yay, for getting out there and doing the exercise so early in the day! btw - what is the book about?

Mindee- haha about how Brandon pronounces Tommy. Sometimes w/ Gaby's speech she will (I think) say naughty words when she isn't.....it is kind of cute.

Jules- on the 3 1/2 pounds! Good for you.

Sassy - working nights I hear is so hard, you deserve a day shift!! Hope you get that day schedule soon

hi to everyone else......in my usual funky mood, so not too chatty. I am lowering my weight goal again to 138, that way I can bounce from 138 to 140.......once I get there of course. lol -duh.
Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-20-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #82  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Hey ya'll, just stopping in to let you know that I'm still around. Had an extremely busy week and worked all 5 days in a row. Exhausted me when I'm used to just 3-12 hr shifts a week. Then they had the nerve to call me this morning and ask if I wanted to work today!! Notta!! Sounds like everyone is having problems with their allergies....ditto here. It didn't help that I did yard work for several hrs today, trimming hedges and pulling up dead annuals. My nose dripped the entire time. Then spent the rest of the day making 3 different bridal veils for my future DIL. I'm afraid that the one she originally wanted will not match her dress. So now she had 3 to choose from. All different tulle and lengths.

Going to a Balto Raven's game tomorrow. Never been to a football game. DH got 8th row 48 yd line seats that included a parking pass. We are taking a few friends with us. DH got the tickets from a vendor that he works with.

Weather has been great. I haven't been back to WW due to traveling to MIL last week. Hopefully will get back there this week before heading out of town for future DIL shower next weekend.

Francie--If you think the Annap Mall is great, you gotta check out Arundel Mills. It's about 30 min. from Annap. I was there on Fri on my way home from work. It has a ton of different stores than Annap. If you need directions, give me a yell. Yes, I do agree that the Naval Academy cuties sure look handsome at the mall. The weekends are loaded with them

Sassy--I was at Outback last night also. Haven't been there in ages.

Mindee--Hope you ankle feels better.

Jules--Congrats on the 3/2 lbs!

Cristina--I still hear Justin complaining about the CG but he complains about any authority period. He continues to claim that he is staying in and doing his 20 yr.

Hugs to everyone else. I'm achy from all the yardwork and crawling around the floor in my living room working on those veils (the only place to get away from the dogs). A hot shower is calling me. Ah crap.....I just remembered that I stripped the sheets off my bed and washed them and need to remake it. I think I'll go grab dh and make him help me
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #83  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick "hi" and "good-bye" from me. I got in a 3 mile ride and my sinus/allergy is doing better.
Otherwise, not a terrific day here today....but "stuff" happens.

See you all later.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:06 AM   #84  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey all..nothing much is new with me. Had an unpleasent day of unpacking. Dont really wanna talk about it. Fonzo checks in today (sunday). So while he's gone I'm gonna clean up the kitchen & bathroom.

So we're watching LOTR: Two Towers right now. We checked it out from the library, lol. So ya..I'm gonna go then.

Tammy...I will totally check out that mall!!! We went to this other mall called Murphy mall..or something with a M. LOL!!! I cant remember now. But we bought some sheesh there. Gotta go back and get some more. OHH..it was called Marely mall??

OKay...I'm off now. Laters.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 09-21-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:26 AM   #85  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

All I can say is I hope AF comes soon because I was very witchy yesterday and I have no idea why! Although I did find something from the past, that came back to haunt us........but this time it seemed more to calm me then aggravate me.

a quick update on Brandon's speech. In just the short time since he said his names on Friday, he has gotten so much better and they are all coming out clearer now! In fact, we even tried him with saying our last name. It was rough at first, but he is getting it! Now, I am so excited about his ENT appointment this coming Thursday.

sorry to make this short......but we had a BBQ and bonfire last night and I am so tired.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #86  
ugggg.....

Mindee---great new's about Brandon. I get witchy myself sometimes...hubby usually informs me just in case I can't tell...too bad he only gets madder when I tell him he is being an arse...

Francie--glad you made it to MD safe and sound--I was enjoying your traveling pics on MySoace but somehow I lost you....

Sue--glad the allergies are a little better--my neck is still killing me..

Tammy-the weather has been great--you sure are a busy gal with this wedding stuff...

SuzyQ--140 sounds great--it's my ultimate goal....I will be jumping for joy if I can get back to 175 which is where I landed after gaining all the weight with Teri's pregnancy in the first place. Hope Rocky is ok

Cristina--I can't believe Christmas is coming so fast--Dominic will be a year old in January. I'm reading The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx

Sassy--Happy bday/anniversary--I really need to write down everyone's bday and address

Well the boy's up...gotta go...
Old 09-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #87  
One day at a time

Good morning, ladies...

JULES...I don't think I have heard of Nikki Six, will have to check it out. I need some different reading for sure. Yeah, Christmas will be here before you know it, ugh. Can't beleive that Dominic is going to be one already...the year is definitely going by too fast!

MINDEE...I think we all get a little witchy at that time of the month. I don't even have an AF the majority of the time, which really is kinda nice. But a lot of the times I still get the symptoms...get the cravings and the witchy-ness for sure! Yay to Brandon

SUSAN...have you heard anything about Rocky, how he is doing? Hugs to you missy The book is okay so far...didn't get it finished, was too busy with other stuff. I really don't care for books that start from 'now' and then go back. It starts with the woman being 52 and then 26 and then 17.

FRANCIE...sorry the unpacking is not going so good. Of course it is a major pain-period. But look at the bright side, once it's done your place will be all nice and together and you won't have to worry about it for a while, hopefully. I bet the malls are GREAT there! I would love to be in a bigger city...I think. There is nothing here...if you want good shopping you have to drive 3 1/2 hours.

TAMMY...Josh is the same way as your Justin, lol. Surprised me when he said he joined the Army. I think the Army is the worst. When we went to bootcamp I wanted to tell some of the SGT ummm, back off. They treat them like crap. But then I know that is supposed to be part of the training...break them down to build them back up. I think if Josh would have joined the Airforce or something else he would have stayed regardless...who knows. Sounds like you have been a busy little bee. Completely forgot you went to visit MIL...hope you guys enjoyed the visit.

SUE...hi & bye WTG on the 3 mile bike ride! Hope your allergies are better, mine sure are thank goodness.

SASSY...how was the bakery? Did ya get anything good? Hope you are enjoying your vaction!

HIYA ASIA...hoping all is well with you and we hope to see ya posting soon.

HIYA KATY...hoping all is well with you too!

Hoping I didn't forget anyone, sometimes feel like I have.

Not much going on today. Was up early again for my walk...was actually really nice. But I am feeling sleepy now, lol. Thinking I will go lay down as soon as the washer stops...throw those in the dryer and start another load and then sleep some. I want to read...didn't finish the book as planned. But I will today for sure. But I have to be rested or I will start dozing.

Couldn't think of a challenge for myself so thought I would do a 10 pound one, sort of goal. I hate doing any kind that has to do with the weight because I feel like I am setting myself up to fail. It always seems like I do. But thought, what the heck. If I can't lose 10 pounds in 3 months I might as well quit, lol. Nah, I will never quit, no matter what. I am bound and determined to make it to 160 at least. Of course that is my sort-of-goal. I don't have a set goal I am aiming for. Figured once I got there I would decide...who knows, my body might like 160. Haven't been that low since who knows when so we'll see. Anyway...

Hoping everyone has a lovely Sunday!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #88  
RosieKate

Sassy- Happy Birthday and Anniversary! Hope you are enjoying your vacation

Jules- now that book sounds interesting!

Susan- sounds like a good goal, you've done such a great job so far, I'm sure you'll make this one, too. I would love to get to 140...I'm just taking it a day at a time, sigh. Did you ever hear from Rocky? Hope he's ok.

Mindee - yay on Brandon's speech! That was cute about "Thomas" Hope you can get some rest today.

Francie- good luck with the unpacking..yuck. Hope it goes fast. We're all big LOTR geeks around here...saw them all in the theatre. TT seemed like it was just one long battle...

Sue - Sorry you had a bad day..hope today is a better one for you

Tammy..are your allergies getting better? I get all drippy when I have to dust..yeesh. All my allergies improved when I cut out dairy...I don't know why that worked, but it did and I can't complain.

Cristina - hope you are feeling better. How's the book? I read the Pilot's Wife ages ago and didn't like it too much, but my friends tell me that her other books are better.

I am so sore! I hit the gym yesterday morning, then spent several hours in the afternoon replanting the front beds. They look great, but my poor body is aching. Today is a busy one, church picnic, DS to Lego Robotics, then soccer pictures, dinner at IL's. DH's aunt and uncle are in town. Busy, busy busy. I could use more time in the yard to day, but I don't think I'm going to get it.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well and that the allergies are letting up!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:33 AM   #89  
RosieKate

Hey Cristina! You snuck in on me!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #90  
ugggg.....

Katy & Cristina--Nikki Sixx was the cute guitar player in Motely Crue--used to love them..then got sober and quit doing the other bad stuff I used to do....the book is interesting to say the least...back to laundry....