April Challenge

• Last week, I challenged Jo to losing 1 pound every week for the next three weeks. I have committed to the same challenge, soooooo, I'm laying down the gauntlet to all the Thinsters.

Here's to committing to a 1 pound per week loss for the next 3 weeks. That will see us to the end of April, with three less pounds to show up in the shorts and bathing suits this summer.

Join in...
  • I'M IN!!!!!

CJ
  • I'm in!
  • OK, I'm updating this challenge:

The first week, I lost 2.25 pounds. Now I am down to the weight that I was after the Valentine's Day Challenge, so it will be downhill from here.

Jo - Don't forget to update your challenge...waiting to hear the good news.

CJ, Carolyn - How are you doing? Let us know how the challenge is coming.

Hear from ya soon.
  • Well I had WI tonight. The goal was 1 lb per week. I needed 2 lb because I wasn't able to go last week. Well the verdict was
    I gained 6/10 of a lb.. I was good for 2 weeks. I didn't even eat out the whole time so I wouldn't cheat. I am so very disappointed. I don't know what else I can do. I didn't get all my exercise in but good grief Charlie Brown! I even talked to my Dr. about this. She says at my AGE and Medications I am on it will be very hard. Well this is hard! I feel like I am just throwing my money away. But I will not quit because I know without going to class I for sure will not lose.
    I promise to be in a better mood tomorrow.
    Carolyn
  • Carolyn, don't get discouraged. You are doing everything right, and I agree with you. At our age, it IS difficult to lose weight. But just think...if you hadn't been good for that 2 weeks, just imagine how much more your would have gained than the .6 pounds.

I have been in such a funk the last 2 months and tried to be so good. The weight problem seems to have started when the dr. put me on hormones. I forgot to ask is weight gain was a side effect, so am suspecting that it may be true. However, I also know that I would be much heavier if I weren't following a weight loss program. Keep up what you are doing, you don't want to spoil the progress that you have already made. Do know, that the weight will eventually come off. Sometimes it takes a bit of patience, something that I am personally very short of.

Take care and keep on going. You can do it!
  • Hi guys ~ WI today for me! I didn't lose, I didn't gain ~ just stayed the same! again! I missed meeting last week ~ didn't want to go ~ have been in such a slump for so long now ~ but went today, and was glad I did ~ feel like I am slowly getting out of this stupid slump I have been in ~

Carolyn ~ don't give up! I'm having the same problem ~ WE CAN DO THIS!

Well, going up to the cabin in the morning ~ talk to ya soon!

Love, CJ
  • Well, just got back from WI today. Must confess that, even though I lost this week, I did not meet the challenge for the week. Only lost .5 pounds.

The blame rests entirely on me. I was over points everyday last week except one - yesterday. Suddenly realized that I needed to WI today, so though I better be good for one day.

This week, I am committing to working out 3 times, and staying OP. I just want to get the last of this weight off, so that I can quit obsessing on the last few pounds. I know I can do it, just don't discipline myself enough. Must work on that this week.

Take care everyone. Hope your challenges are more successful than mine.