Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 06:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldly Chicks singing sassy September's praises

Here we go again.
Time to see what we can achieve in the month of September.

I think (I'm not home on my own scales) that I have achieved my 2kg for this month. The scale here has gone down almost 4kg but I know I have not lost 9lb odd so I'll accept the two and try for another 2 this month.

What challenges are the rest of you putting in your path for the month?

Old thread.........Click here

Last edited by Shad; 08-31-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:04 PM   #2  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAVE A FUN AND SAFE LABOR DAY!

THANKS SHADDIE FOR BRINGING US OVER THE HURDLES OF AUGUST AND ON TO NEW AND EXCITING GOALS!! I AM READY!! I KEPT THE 1 LB OFF FOR THE MONTH AND AM HOPING TO GET ANOTHER ONE OFF THIS MONTH. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AUGUST GOAL

#1-I HAVE PLANS TO BE A LITTLE STRICTER WITH FOOD CHOICES THIS MONTH AS WELL AND SEE IF I CAN REAP SOME REWARDS. I DON'T WANT TO SIT HERE GETTING FATTENED UP LIKE THE CELEBRATORY THANKSGIVING DAY TURKEY!!

#2- GOING TO BE AS POSITIVE AND DRAMA FREE THIS MONTH AS POSSIBE. I THINK I CAN MANAGFE THESE TWO SIMPLE GOALS AND GET AHEAD!!

SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE AND GOOD MORNING KAURANGI!! HAERA RA

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-31-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:01 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey, maybe it's September where you are but I'm still clinging to August over here

Thanks for setting up the new thread. Although are you SURE you wanted to use the word SASSY in the title? You know how we try to comply with the theme

Well shoot, I'm a bit disappointed. I thought I had lost more weight last month, but it's really only about 4 pounds. I did hit a bump mid month which is why it seems like I have taken off more than just a few bits.

My challenges this month -
1) to continue going to the gym and pushing myself to do more or exhert more effort each week
2) planning the meals and logging what I eat. So critical for success and something I tend to slack off of.
3) I would be quite thrilled if I could lose 10 pounds this month. There are 5 weigh in Mondays so at 2 pounds per week, 10 is doable. Particularly if I stick with portions and logging.

Congrats Shad on the 4kg down. It's more difficult when you are travelling and have to make do with your surroundings. Great efforts, I am proud of you!!!

Congrats on your pound down too Mel. Hard fought I'm sure. I think keeping the drama out is the best thing you can do for yourself.

I'm hoping less stress will melt off some of the belly fat. I am starting to believe the stories of coritzol (sp?) - seeing more and more what stress does to mess up the mechanisms of the body. Must...calm...down...

Tomorrow is a holiday and while I don't mind going to the gym (should not get out of the routine), I didn't see why we had to get up at 5am. I begged DH for an extra hour of sleep. We'll go at 6:30. Then we are planning breakfast on the patio. I have some lovely fresh fruits, fresh coffee, English muffins and some of DH's yummy eggs. We sat out a bit today - the hummingbirds are in a frenzy and adorable to watch. We have 3 kinds of woodpeckers at the feeders including a baby red belly. The cardinals had a baby too and brought it along. Bluejays decided to see what was going on and so did several of the little wrens. It was so nice out there. And I found a butterfly egg in my parsley. I just hope the bloody raccoon or whatever it was that came and decimated it doesn't eat it all up - egg and all again. I was reading about swallowtail butterflys when the baby hatched and they lay their eggs in parsley. Sure enough, the tiny yellow bubble matches the picture exactly. DH and I are very excited.

Ok, I have to get to bed. See you in September chicks...
Old 08-31-2008, 11:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

for me no fast foods and no eating heavy meals after 7.30 p.m.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #5  

Happy
I like your goals.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:06 AM   #6  

Happy - I wasn't aware that DH laid eggs!!!! This I must see next time I am there.

And September is sassy - not you lot.

Last edited by Shad; 09-01-2008 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Setting the record straight
Old 09-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #7  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Awwww shucks maam....and I lay awake all last night thinking of ways to be sassy this month!!!

HAPPY~ I TOO LIKE THOSE GOALS. VERY DOABLE. HOPE THE EGG SURVIVES AND HOW COOL TO BE ABLE TO SEE MOTHER NATURE AT HER FINEST AND WITH ALL THOSE BIRDS!! MY GRANDSON WOULD BE THRILLED!!!

CEEHAY~ GREAT GOALS TOO! I SHOULD BE LIKE YOU AND NO HEAVEY MEALS LATE. GOOD IDEA.

WELL NOTHING IS NEW SINCE LAST NIGHT NO ALARMS YESTERDAY OR THIS MORNING. THE SUN IS OUT IN ALL IT'S GLORY SO I WILL GO AND SIT A SPELL LATER ON. 62 DEGREES! I BETTER TAKE A SWEATER!!

HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-01-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #8  
Smackin' into a Wall

Sassy is a good word! I think trying to stay sassy is a good goal.

Happy~ I am a firm believer in the cortisol/ fat link. I love that you get to sleep in AND get to go to the gym. You go girl. Butterfly eggs in parsley is a strangely poetic idea.

Mel~ You are innately sassy. Enjoy the lovely weather. Positive and drama free is a good goal.

Shad~ If you see Happy’s DH laying eggs, please take pictures! Good work in August. You attained a goal even with all the coming and going. Great job!

Ok, so I have my annual poke and prod tomorrow and I’m a bit disappointed in myself that I’m not lighter. I’ll have to listen to my Dr go on about how I should lose weight yada yada yada. I was 4 lbs lighter on Thursday. I honestly believe that I am finally on the right track - I just need to fine-tune my approach a bit. I’ve been eating better and I feel good. I just need to start getting results.

My goals for September: to reintroduce more weights into my routine; write if I bite; and ultimately, to see the 160s (or 73 KG) by the end of September. There I said it.

Good luck to all of us on our goals!!

Last edited by Madcat; 09-01-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #9  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey there sassy babes,

Mel and Madcat - I like your new avatars!!!

Madcat, I agree that when you fall off the wagon, it's best to start reinforcing good habits first rather than trying to tackle everything at once. You are on the right track and I think we're all getting in line behind you.

I don't know about DH laying eggs tho sometimes he does seem to drop a goose egg or two

I like the picture of the grandson Mel. Enjoy that cool morning air. Take a deep breath or two before it gets smoggy.

Shad - I would have told you about DH's aiggs but then you would have taken pictures and then Hope the cut over is going well...

Ceejay - I agree with you on the no heavy meals. Sometimes when I'm running late supper is too late too. Although I am going to put the kabosh on the cereal for supper thing - that's just as bad as heavy food for me. Better to have "aiggs".

Which reminds me, I went grocery shopping yesterday and they are doing a new thing of cooking stuff (to sell cookbook binders and all sorts of gadgetry no doubt). They were sampling some oven baked chicken and marinated cole slaw. Very good stuff. One lady stopped by, looked at the recipe and just yapped and carried on about the fat content in it. She was really annoying. I almost wanted to tell her to zip the lip and go get some cabbage sprouts. Then I turned to her and said well... if you look this recipe is made with chicken thighs, if you used chicken breasts or tenders it would cut the calories in half. And if you used olive oil for the cole slaw you are using a good fat. You do realize that you NEED a small amount of healthy fats in your diet, don't you? She looked flustered and stammered - well it's my daughters who are harping on me about the fats. I thought she was probably thinking you old cow, what do you know? But instead I said yes, girls will think that but you do need the healthy kind of fats for good skin, hair nails and gall bladder functions. I normally wouldn't have said anything to her but she was just ripping the poor woman who was cooking a new and all the poor lady was doing was just giving out samples and following the store supplied recipe

Anyway, I wanted to make that cole slaw with the grilled pork chops we will have tonight and it needs to marinate for several hours so ... see you later chickies. Happy Labor Day to those of us laboring
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #10  

Yes, September is here, and with it an attempt to be sassy - more likely to succeed in being sappy or, even worse, saggy - but there you are. Lots of goals in the wind from all the worldlies, time to jump on that bandwagon! It's the no more excuses diet: no more wine, no more chocolate, no more bread excesses, no more mindless snacking, no more avoiding exercise. Today's goal: pump up the bike tires and go for a ride, eat properly. September's goal: at least 6 lbs down. Heck, I may even correct my ticker to a more realistically large number!

Many thanks to Happy and Michelle for inspiring us to exercise and eat properly. And congrats to those who've managed to lose or maintain instead of gain over the summer. You go girls!

Gotta go, no time for personals right now.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy September....can you believe it. It is already going into fall, summer was rainy and sucky with few nice days.

Made it back from St. Louie about 3 this afternoon. We had a marvelous time. Poolside two days, with margaritas on the second day. The baby was absolutely adorable. So sweet and snuggly, and smelled wonderful. She never cried once in the two days she was passed around among about 10 people. I was sad to leave her. We won't be going back till the last weekend in October. She will be 2 1/2 mos by then.

Jeff is a cop. He works undercover on the gang unit. Believe it or not, I met him on Eharmony. Come to find out he lives just 4 1/2 miles from me. He stopped by before we left to go to St. Louis, then he came by when I got home. He is a great dad, as he has had custody of his two kids 14 and 17 for the past 5 years. It will be a slow process as his kids come first and foremost so getting together thru the week will be next to never. I do admire him for that, however I like being around him A LOT. He is 6'1", has all his thick hair, a tiny bit receding, a goatee, and is 44, will be 45 in January. So I am 3 1/2 years older than him. giggle giggle.

My September goals is to do stomach crunches and keep walking with my work buddies. That's a start. I just really don't like exercising. whine whine whine.

Everyone have a great evening and a marvelous day tomorrow.

Hello Everyone...

Love and Hugs
Old 09-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #12  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Shad
Congrats on making your goal. Feel good about yourself don't you .

Just got back from camping and haven't even gotten everything out of the car so I don't have much time to chat. Have the down stairs cleaned and want to get everything put away then I will clean the upstairs and do laundry. You would think everyone that was here could have at least ran the sweeper lol. Oh well, same old same old. I want to take off the weight this month that the wonderful meads have put back on me. Might not get it all off in one month but I have a goal and I want to make it. Today was the last day I had to take the meads so I will do a weigh in this wednesday and know the total damage. I am thinking its going to be around 15 pounds all together. That is nothing. Will be gone in no time or at least not much time lol. Good outlook is always the way to face the future.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #13  

Hello Ladies,

Sassy September, I can do that.

My September Goals: POST here more often, (2) journal, journal, journal and (3) continue my workouts... i'm up to 4 times a week.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 09-01-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #14  

Morning all,
Some good goals coming out of Septembers sassiness. No we will NOT be saggy come end of month Carla. We will be smart instead.

Go live has gone reasonably smoothly with only a couple of problems with scanning invoices and the secret squirrels can't get much to work on the payroll. They are slowly working through their issues. I've been doing a bit of training and a bit of doco and checking on the people as I go. No tissues needed so far.

Been to gym in the mornings and last night went for a swim as well - so the exercise is being kept up. The sweat this morning after 35 minutes was horrendous. I was a puddle. Don't suppose it helped that last nights dinner included broccoli and garlic. Such is life. The other two had the same as well and since we are all sitting in the same place together. We only had a sort swim as they were about to dose the pool with some chemical and we didn't want to turn green. It was nice. Nice balmy night, warm, tropical, slight breeze and would have been fantastic apart from the Iman who chanted and prayed at the top of his voice for the best part of an hour. These people sure get into the swing of Ramadan.
Some of those at work are observing Ramadan which means fasting during the hours of light and half light. So there are some anxious people around at about 3.pm waiting for the darkness. I'd hate to be a chicken during Ramadan I can tell you.
A lot of the roadside foodstalls have packed up for the month. Much of the place is deserted. Traffic seems to be down as well - no bad thing - so people must be staying home or going on holiday. Apparently the place empties out at the end of Ramadan (Lebaneron SP) when the annual migration to the home village starts. It can then take hours and hours to get out of the city. Ticket prices double and people close down their businesses for the pilgrimage to the country. Glad we won't be here for that.

Okay - I've spent so long talking about life that I need to go and find some victims. I'll be back
Old 09-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #15  

I've had a busy day. My aunt and I went for a walk and this afternoon help my uncle in the yard. I raked the yard after he mowed.

Saw 6 turkey this morning. It looked like a family their were 4 smaller turkey.
This was in my uncle's back yard.

They had a birthday cook out for me today. the four year old couldn't wait to show me the birhday cake. She's a sweetie.

I'm not sure how long I have before I lose signal.

I'll be going to the ear nose and throat doctor in the morning and then get the oil changed in the Rav. I hope I get home in time to pay the rent and deposit my pay check.

Mel
You can be sassy any time you want to.

Shad and Happy
Good for you in getting in that exercise. Ineed to be more deligent.

Madcat, Carla, Annie,Rennie, Michelle

More later. It's past my bedtime.
Closed Thread