Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #61  
kitty Momo

Good Morning, TGIF indeed!!

Sassy - Thank goodness on the lump and yay for being able to feel your rib cage! When I as 245 I never could see my feet, I was like "omgosh....is that what they look like??" haha. Now if I could get rid of this flab on my stomache I might be able to see my belly button. lol

Jules
- Ya, we did kind of miss you. Organized the Posse and everything! I am glad Ryan is coming home for a bit, that'll be nice, especially w/ the winter hoildays. I bet Dominic is a cutie, Gaby is my highlight....everyone needs a little one in their life I think. Anyway, welcome back!!

Sue - I don't have enough clothes for 15 days...is this for the San Diego trip?? I do love a good bargain! I washed the sweater last night....always need sweaters on the coast, especially when the wind pick up. Have a great weekend!

Mindee- So, curious.......what do the Mason's do?? When you wrote *lodge*...Flinstones was all I could think of....I hated that show..lol Oh, I did like Peeples and Bam Bam...and I thought Wilma and Betty were funny. So, what are the plans for the weekend???

Cristina - I love that TGIF picture! It reminds me of Rebecca, when she was little she had curly red hair, so cute. Ya, I like the dentist,,,,I like the drilling. lol. I sat there for almost an hour while they worked on my root canal.It was torture though when I had to go to the bathroom......haha. It took Gaby awhile to get use to the dentist visit. She wouldn't let them xray or clean for like the first 3 times. I got snippy with the dental lady and said "I don't think you are trying hard enough"...lol...once she got all past that Gaby has done great in the chair, sits there and gives me the tumbs up sign. I love her new school, I think Gab likes it too. Very cute kids and friendly staff.

Hi to Tammy, Katy ,Asia and Francie!!

k- I am out of here!! Need to pack a bag for us and head out for Portland after school. Rach is anxious to do some school shopping, she will start on the 11th w/ testing for her GED. Have to take back the cat carrier to my muther and today is the year anniversary of my nephews death, so I have to make time to go see my sister. So, I will be busy, busy! Hope to get home Sunday to enjoy the beach in the afternoon.
We went last night for an hour and it was nice.

Chat later!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-05-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #62  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Susan- Yes we are leaving Indiana the 17th of Oct. and will fly to San Diego where the boys have us a place at the beach for 3 nights. Then we will fly to Las Vegas and stay at one place for 7 nights and move to the Strip for the next 4 nights. We will rent a car there as we have meetings with realtors to look at condos. I am hoping the last few days will be relaxing...after running around. And I am sure the first 3 days will be relaxing in San Diego.
As for the clothes...I have plenty of outfits...but not 15 that look good enough for the trip. Then of course, there are the shoes...and the toiletries, and p.j's and a robe. Yikes!! Oh, and I know I need sweaters for the coast. (TY for saying that) On top of all that we are each taking ONLY one suitcase and a small (tiny) carry-on. I usually manage to sneak a few of my things in J's suitcase though.
I have a month to figure all this out, so I am not freaking out yet. I actually freaked hubby out the other day...I told him that in another month none of my clothes would fit so I would need 15 NEW outfits to take. He didn't think it was funny.

Okay...home from the eye dr. and finished running around. I am finishing up laundry and going to sit for a spell.

Last edited by suetalks; 09-05-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #63  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping on here while the kids seem to be somewhat calm.......for the moment!

Jules~ It is good to hear from you! I hope things settle down again here soon for you!

SuzieQ~ have fun this weekend! as for our plans, well, we have yet another BBQ tomorrow. which Tommy is cooking for, so let's hope it doesn't rain! as far as what the masons do, they basically do the same thing as the Knights of Columbus, Lions, Elk. But if you ask Tommy, they don't drink like those groups do.

Brandon got a water bottle from school, so now Logan is throwing a fit because he wants to use it and Brandon won't let him. Goodness, I hate days when he refuses to nap! Marissa is sitting in the high chair eating some popcorn.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #64  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Just time for a quickie here!! I've had an emotional roller coaster week. Happy about getting my furniture on Thurs, putting the room together, finally getting back to WW and on program but dealing with a friend getting fired at work and giving her emotional support, as well as, fielding tons of calls from co-workers concerned for her. Long story short......my friend is a wonderful dedicated nurse who has worked at my hospital for 32 yrs and about 6 weeks ago, she had very long day (I was on vacation at that time) and dozed off at the computer while charting on a patient for a mere 3 min. It was observed by someone of authority who never even attempted to see if she was sleeping, passed out from low blood sugar, comatose etc. The hospital decided (after 6 weeks of "careful consideration") that it would impose a "no warning" policy and fired the poor girl Wednesday. We are a very close knit group of nurses and it has hit us all very hard. Moving on.....

I guess Francie has arrived in Annapolis in time for Tropical Storm Hannah!!! Annapolis can get hit pretty hard with the city docks getting flooded but I'll keep you all informed as long as we keep our power. I'm only about 8 miles from Annapolis but at least in a drier area.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'm kinda looking forward to a rainy Saturday. I've got a ton to do. I haven't even started moving my clothes into the new bedroom dressers. Good time to get rid of stuff that I no longer wear.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:14 PM   #65  
kitty Momo

Just a quickie myself!
Made it into Portland this afternoon, and didn't take long for me to be cussing out the other drivers....lol. It was rush hour and this one cray driver was weaving in and out of traffic on the freeway, what a nut! Take your own life, don't take mine too.......*breathe in, breathe out*.....so, I guess my idea of being burnt out on the city life is pretty right on. I was SO nice on the coast, didn't cuss once (ok, maybe once) and I said thank you all weekend. ha.

Forgot to say I made it to 146.6 it bounced from 146.6 to 146.4...so, I will go w/ the higher ounce. lol ....

Hi to Sue, Tammy and Mindee! Catch up tomorrow. Think I will take Gabster to bed.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:59 AM   #66  

just popping in before heading to bed......

Tammy~ It is so good to hear from you! How are things going with the Alli? I am so sorry about your friend, sounds to me like they were looking for anything to get her out of the job.

SuzieQ~ I hope you guys have a great weekend!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 04:54 AM   #67  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Happy Saturday, Chicks!

Hey Girls.

Happy Saturday!

Well bad news.........the lump is still there, I just musta not felt the right place. Aw well. I had DH feel it, he says it is most likely a "fatty corpuscle"? But I will have the dr check it to be sure. Oh well. But I did still feel my ribs, which was a good feeling, even though I have a very very LONG way to go yet. lmao.

Well DH cooked me dinner, it was really kinda special, its his Great-Great Grandmother's spaghetti sauce recipe. I didn't even know his mom had that, his great-great Grandmother was Sicilian (From Sicily, Italy)

Then he made me some turtle brownies since I only got one piece from work. Not that I need anymore than one piece that is, but it was sweet, I plan on taking them to work with me tomorrow night (Sunday Night). My nights off have flown by, lemme tell ya! Only one left. (tonight--Sat. night) I am bleaching the bathroom. I put bleach in the sink, toilet and bathtub. I am tired of the crud. lol. DH said he's gonna clean the kitchen, including the Oven later on today. I am like "knock yourself out." lol. The oven is nasty. lol. Yes ladies I will "rent out" my husband to you to come and clean your oven and kitchen for a small fee. Just make sure you return him to me!

It is getting closer to my vacation, my bday and our Anniversary! Only 12 more days until my Vacation Begins, 18 Days until my bday and 20 more days until our Anniversary!! I need a countdown thingy. lol. Tomorrow (Sunday) is my FIL's Bday. I dunno what we are gonna do, if anything? MIL hasn't said nothing about it.

I am watching VH1 Classic Videos. It is weird seeing some of the singers so young that are now in their 50's and 60's. lol. I love the Big Hair and the tight colorful pants......... 80's Rock!!! Oh this song takes me back to HS. "Legs" by ZZ Top. My HS boyfriend always said it was "my song". Guess I did have a nice pair of legs back then. Still do I think, for a "Fat Chick" probably the only part of me I can stand at least............ Probably from halling around this huge body for so long takes a lot to hold this thing up.

Sue -- WTG on the 2 miles.

Cristina -- Skunk incident? I guess I missed something?

Susan -- I can see my feet?? Maybe I just have big feet? I can see my belly button too? People drive me insane when they do stupid things while driving. That is why I love working nights, not quite "as many" nuts. lol. WTG on making it to 146.6!!!

Tammy -- UGH that totally sucks about your friend. Sounds like my co. They just toss you out like a piece of garbage. But a "little birdie" told me that a lot of people are beginning to question why my DH was fired now. Um a bit late, aren't we? lol. I just do not get how co. can treat people like that. Esp like your friend who have worked there so long! I mean come on! Nurses work long shifts and have very stressful jobs, give the poor woman a break! GEEZ! Anyways, lots of for her. Wow I hope Hannah is nice to you guys......stay safe! Our coworker gets married today and they are taking a cruise for their honeymoon! I wrote in his card, "I hope you survive the Hurricane!!" lol.

Hi Mindee

Hi Francie I hope the move is going well!

Jules -- BACK!!! We have missed you. Sorry about the killer headaches. Glad Ry is coming home and glad Dominic is doing well.

Hi to everybody else out there!!!

Well I hope you all have a Great Weekend!

Remember the song, "Wild Women Do and they Don't Regret it" Natalie Cole?? That is what I thought of when I saw the Wild Weekend. lol.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #68  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

I have been here not even 24 hours and my daughters are already driving me nuts. 4 females and 1 ex in the same space is not always a good thing. I did promise Rach back to school shopping BUT not until today. She wanted to go last night after I had only been here an hour. Huffed around when I said no, we are going to do it in the morning. Geez, I had just driven 97 miles.

Woke up and ate 1 pancake and had my yogurt.....didn't weigh, I probably won't til Monday. I hope I don't creep back up. :frown:

Tammy- Sorry about your co worker! After that long term employment you think they would have just given a warning or something less severe. I am sure she appreciates your support.

Mindee - All those lodge groups that you mentioned are kind of a mystery, I am not sure what they do.....though don't the Mason's provide glasses to people who need them??? Yum to the BBQ! How are the kids today?? I will try and have a good weekend!! lol I kind of wanted to get up to the zoo and see the baby elephant that was born a week ago. It would probably mean a long wait in line though since they had 10,000 visitor lasy weekend. lmao....ugh, forget that.

Sassy - Maybe I saw the tips of my toes but I never could see my whole foot...and I haven't seen my belly button since I was 17 years old. haha. What are turtle brownies?? Sounds sinful

Sue- I didn't know you lived in Indiana?? I thought you lived in Las Vegas? lol I have a lot of clothes but they are all in different sizes...haha. anyway, hope you slow down and get some rest this weekend.

A big hi to everyone else! I better get moving before anyone kills me for not moving fast enough. *sigh.....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-06-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #69  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Susan- We live in IN, used to winter in Vegas as we had property there. Two years ago we sold the property and stayed here last winter. DH said no more of that...so we are off to Vegas to look for another property. But, IN has been home for most of my life (since age 5, when I moved here from PA)

Hi everyone...I am busy here. Just trying out a new mouse I installed...and have to go work on Mom's t.v. I rode 2 mile this a.m. and have fresh green beans cooking for dinner. I was so good OP yesterday and trying to do as well today. Monday my scales BETTER be down!!

Back later...I don't understand this contrary mouse.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #70  

just popping in while Marissa is napping. Tommy and the boys are over where the BBQ is at....so when she gets up, we will head over there.

SuzieQ~ The Masons, are law abiding citizens that help out around the community. They like to do a lot of work with children and such. The group that you are thinking of that gives glasses to kids is the lions club if I am not mistaken. The Shriners, which are also Masons, they are just higher up. The Shriners also help kids, they are the ones behind the Shrine Hospital....the Shrine Circus.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #71  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello...

SASSY...nothing really about the skunk...just happened to be close enough to see one one morning while walking. Smelled it first and then looked up and saw it in someone's yard and took off running, lol. Hoping the lump isn't anything. What a great hubby you have!

SUSAN...sorry about the crazy drivers. Weekend will be over before you know it and you will be back at the calm coast!

TAMMY...hoping you guys aren't slammed too much by the storm. And so sorry to hear about your friend, that is terrible that they didn't even give her a second chance. Lots of hugs to her

MINDEE...have fun at the BBQ!

FRANCIE...ditto what I said to Tammy. Hoping you guys are getting your place together and trying to enjoy it! With the weather, it may be a little hard. Hugs to you

HIYA SUE, ASIA, JULES & KATY

Nothing much going on here. I slept really late, really late. While it felt good at the time, it doesn't feel good now...still have the headache from it. Oh well...we take the bad with the good right? Haven't gotten any exercise in and probably won't...I'm on strike for the day, lol. This weather is so gloomy, making me lazy. Okay, I know it's just an excuse but I am going with it.

Have a good weekend!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #72  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Quick Update:

Hanna has passed and only gave us about 2-3" of badly needed rain. The storm surge also wasn't as bad and there was no major flooding in Annapolis. I've been busy with stuff around the house. Nice to be rained in. Got dh to do a few things on his "honey do" list.

Mindee--I haven't taken Alli for about a week. Started back to WW and gave myself a "poop" break. I'll probably go back on it tomorrow to help boost the WW program.

Gotta catch up with a long list of emails and do some wedding shopping on-line. Looking for labels for the "Welcome" bags I'm putting together for the Nov wedding in VA for out of town guest.

See ya ladies!!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #73  

just popping in here shortly, I am uploading the pictures that I took today.......only 198 this time! (yes that is just from today!)

I am uploading them onto Tommy's part of the computer, and then I will upload them onto my part here in a minute.........I will have to come back either tonight or tomorrow when I have more time!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #74  
kitty Momo

I am headed for bed but thought I would surf for a bit.

Spent all day w/ Rach shopping. It was fun but tiring towards the end. We both bought a rinse, mine was navajo bronze a caramel brown shade and Rach picked out cinnaberry, more of a amber shade. I really wanted to cover the red in my hair from when I did that amber shimmer and it is more brown now....so, I am happy

I was hungry so I made a cottage cheese/salsa dip and dipped pretzels...it is pretty good, I love salsa. I hope the damage isn't too much on Monday. I think I will faint if I ever do get to goal ..ha.

Sue - sending good vibes for the scale!!

Mindee- That is a lot of pictures chickie! You are such a good mom. How was the BBQ??

Cristina - I am anxious to getting back to my water (aka the coast). Maybe the girls can come out next weekend, it is only $18 one way on the bus, I could always bring them back on Sunday. Gaby is getting her tv time in for the week....lol, I am not going to fight her on it. How is the headache? I hope it has gone away by now .

Tammy - hope you had some luck on the welcome bags!

k- off to bed we go. Rebecca is at a dance, she has made friends w/ an exchange student from Germany. I guess this girl has never been to a dance so they went together. Beck is in her 2nd year of German, so she will probably improve her knowledge of the language a lot by speaking it. Does that make sense?? Geesh, I am getting tired.

blah - blah.....chat later......lol

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-07-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #75  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Morning.

Morning,

Well its back to work tonight.......*sigh* Why do days/nights off go by so fast? Aw well just gotta think this week is my short week, then I'm off for 4 days, then work 4 then I will be off for a total of 10 days (3 days vacation, the rest are my regular nights off) I can't wait. I don't even think we are going anywhere (for financial reasons) but I just plain do not care! We can just hang out around town, we WILL go out to dinner for our Anniversary though. I don't care. 10 yrs. I think we deserve one night out!

Susan -- Turtle Brownies have carmel and nuts in them, yes they are definitely sinful!!! That is why I am taking those babies to work with me tonight so I don't eat them all -- DH didn't like them!!! lol Sorry they were gettin' on your nerves....WTG on your breakfast and I think you'll do just fine. Your color sounds yummy. lol. I desperately need to do something with my stupid hair. I hate it. lol. DH offered to buzz it off for me. That'd be a hot look, now wouldn't it?

Sue -- Hope the new mouse works well for ya. I took my old one to work, its wireless, its so nice, I just have to lock it up before leaving, as things tend to um "walk away" if you don't. lol.

Cristina --UGH we had a bad experience with a Skunk once........I will never ever forget that smell, ever! lol. Yeah I am hoping the lump is just what DH said, basically: Fat: I know that is gross, but well, I am fat still. Not for long though!!! I have felt so sleepy this weekend! I have just wanted to sleep and sleep and sleep! But I didn't. I forced myself up.................UGH and its back to work tonight......YAY me! lol.............

Tammy -- Glad Hannah didn't do much damage. Happy Wedding shopping. I need to do some Anniversary shopping, but don't know how to get anything for DH without him not knowing about it....since we share the same bank account....... lol.

Mindee -- Wow only 198? lol. Just kidding. My camera died and I don't like the new one that DH bought. lol.

Well All, Guess that is about it.........I will be so glad once these next two weeks are done and over with and I can begin my vacation! Any tips on what to do on a tight budget? I mean I know we can go to museums and stuff that are free to get in, etc......but any other creative ideas? This is our 10 yr. Anniversary afterall, so kinda want it to be special, even if we are on a budget.

Thanks All.

Closed Thread