Old 09-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #91  

No Beer, Day 2, 3 pauses left
30 min exercise, Day 2, 3 pauses left
Modified South Beach phase 1, Restart
While I had a really GOOD day eating, I did eat someAnd there is no way I can fake my way out of it. I've decided to add "modified" to the SB Phase 1 because I do need to occasionally eat fruit or drink fruit juice, mostly because I hate wasting food and my kids don't always help out in that category. But other wise I can stick pretty close to it. Weigh-in tomorrow!
Arabella and Beach, I hope you BOTH make it to One-derland soon!!
September..... 7 lbs
October..... 5 lbs
November..... 5 lbs
December.... 3 lbs

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 09-11-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #92  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

208.8. Day 4 down, Day 5 happening! No pauses yet.

Here's my list:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 09-12-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #93  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Looks like everyone is doing pretty well. I think all of you are wonderful and I get excited for each and everyone of you as you make your way down the path we all walk to a more healthy thinner body.

Apple
I don't know a great deal about the plan you are using but if you think you need to modify it a bit that might be the thing to do. Staying on a plan we choose for ourself is important. We need to have a plan that is right for us.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

OK people--I'm back on track! Just started over yesterday, after everyone left on Wednesday.

OK: Exercise everyday: Day 2 (3 pauses left)
No booze: Day 2 (3 pauses left)
No junk food: Day 2 (3 pauses left)

Only gained about 1.3 lbs in last crazy busy 2 weeks--and that will come off this week-end--I'm sure of it! Hit spin class yesterday followed by ab lab and man, today I am sore!! Last actual workout about 9 days prior!!!

Although I did a lot of walking with my company, sightseeing, San Francisco etc.

WTG Arabella!

Apple--I think the mods will be ok. I am not doing any "specific" diet, just overall healthy coupled with a lot (for me) of exercise and it's been working the last few months. It's important to tailor wisely to fit your life. You'll be more likely to stick with it forever.

Beach--wow! You are doing awesome in your challenges! Gym every day is a tough one!! (Smoking is of course the hardest one, I hear) WTG!

Hi Shy, Red, everyone else!

Well, gotta run now--our lemon tree fell over! Just fell over We had the gardener look at it and we need about 4 guys to lift it back up before he can stake/tie it down securely. They are coming by soon so we can do that this morning! On the plus side, I picked all the ripe and semi-ripe lemons and have been thinking of some yummy lemon recipes. I will try to find the healthier ones, from Cooking Light and such. Seems I will be freezing a lot of lemon juice this week-end as well!!
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

Talking Tgif!!!

Thanks Apple, I do too!

I know how you feel Arabella, I've been sooo good and working out sooo hard, but it's a slow process for me. Although I've noticed a few little changes the weight isn't coming off as fast as I had hoped. But I have such a wonderful support system here, at work, and my family, it's hard NOT to stay motivated. I'm very lucky.

After work yesterday it was raining pretty hard and I almost talked myself out of not going to the gym, but the BF told me to get my A#$ in gear. I'm so glad I went. I'll have to remember that feeling next time I try to talk myself out of it. I did get next to the "grunter" on the treadmill though. I believe the poor man may fall out one of these days.

Red, Mod, Shy

Personal Challenges: As of Thursday
16 Days Complete-Stay within my daily WW Points - 1 Pause
5 Days Complete-Stop Smoking - 1 Pause
14 Days Complete-Gym 7 Days a week - 1 Pause
beachluvr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #96  

No Beer, Day 3, 3 pauses left
30 min exercise, Day 3, 3 pauses left
Modified South Beach phase 1, Day 1, 3 pauses left

Not time to post, but good news! I'm down 5 pounds! That would have been 7 if I counted that extra poof. Hurray. I always start diets with a quick drop off. I think it will be slower from now on.
Hello to everyone! Enjoy your week end!
September..... 7 lbs
October..... 5 lbs
November..... 5 lbs
December.... 3 lbs
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #97  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi, people. I'm still here but feeling so depressed and just can't seem to make a decision on anything because I feel I won't have the resolve to carry through on my challenges. Maybe I should just come back with something easy and build my confidence from there.....sigh.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:07 AM   #98  

Good morning all. Got back from my cruise. i gained 2 pounds while gone. I have some serious work to do My stress is up though, as I have to get back to reality (work) for one, and my computer seems to be having major malfunctions for another. I hate that

Red, do something to build your confidence. Something you know you can and will accomplish, to allow yourself to feel your own success. You CAN do this!

everyone else I will be on as much as ailing 'puter allows. Take care!
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #99  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

jolly
You will have that 2 pounds off in no time at all. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Sometimes I think we need to look at life differently. If you are a person that has a job outside of the home that is how it is ( heavens I wish I could find one around here, it would make it so my son could go to college ). If you have to bake tons of bread a week and not eat any of it lol that is what you have to do. Sometimes I think stress is caused because we just don't accept how things are. We always want to change things. We change what we can and accept what we can't. If we live day to day how it is instead of how we want it to be, when there is nothing we can do about it. Sure makes things a little easier. Find something in the day to look forward to. Getting off work is a nice one. A favorite show, a bubble bath or a good book. WE have to be glad we have a life at all. Look at the alternative lol.

Red
I think that is a great idea. Challenges don't have to be all or nothing. Start with something small like, I am not going to eat out. Or, I can only have one treat today. How about, know the distance to a certain place and walk there and back from your house everyday. Little changes turn into big changes. Sometimes if we have to many things we want to do at once we just don't have the energy to do any of them.

Apple
Looks like you are doing great.

Beach
You keep in mind we didn't put the weight on in a day. We aren't going to take it off in a day. Sure glad you have lots of motivation.

mod
How on earth does a lemon tree fall over and how can you tie it up after it falls over. Don't the roots and such come out of the ground when it falls over lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #100  

Oy, so many posts so little time. I had a pause last night -- back to day 5 today. One pause left.

I probably could have avoided the pause pretty easily and indulgently if I'd just planned better. Maybe next time. It was nothing disasterous, didn't even use that many of my available points. But a rule is a rule.

Back at it!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Jolly! Welcome back! I had an off two weeks also, but managed to get back on track a couple of days ago and that 1.5 or so lbs I gained have already come back off with three days of exercise and eating right. Not to worry!

Shy: You are so right--these problems we have in our lives--maybe we just need to view our daily life a bit differently for many of them, and yes--it IS much better than the alternative! Things we cannot change we have to work on accepting. Otherwise--work towards change. I know it sounds over-simplified, but you know what I mean.

And, yes, I guess nothing broke with our tree, it just fell over and mostly pulled out of ground. A combination of too heavy with too much fruit and wet ground the is relatively poor here, i.e., sandy soil. We pulled off tons of fruit and uprighted it and secured with wires to the fence. I wish now I'd taken a picture of it fallen over--darn!

Well, off for a long walk today--tomorrow I will go to swim class. Still sore today from last days at gym!
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

Yay Apple!!! I'm so excited for ya!! Keep up the good work!

Red, not making a decision IS a decision. I agree with Jolly and Shy, pick something small, maybe even something you've already accomplished. We all believe you can do what you set your mind to! You just have to find that within yourself.

Jolly, which cruise did you go on? I just booked one in March and I'm soo excited. I want to leave tomorrow!

I know Shy, I keep telling myself that very same thing. Although, all my life I've been one of those "when I want something I want it now", kinda people. And I usualy find a way to get it. Not in a spoiled rotten kind of way, but a work my butt off kind of way. So it is soooo against my nature.

I had a planned night out last night with some friends, so I didn't get my work out. Using my last pause. And I'm taking my smoking pause out. It keeps staring me in the face, almost like a "freebie" and I don't like it. Technically I'm a non-smoker now, so there is no reason for me to use it.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Personal Challenges: As of Friday
17 Days Complete-Stay within my daily WW Points - 1 Pause
6 Days Complete-Stop Smoking - 0 Pauses
14 Days Complete-Gym 7 Days a week - 0 Pauses
beachluvr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #103  

Smile Waddya know -- I made it to Day 6

208.6. I love the 21-Day challenges. But I have to say that Red's inclusion of pause days is genius. I think it really helps.

Also, for me, my plan is totally livable. Meditation is the hardest, for some odd reason. If it wasn't for the challenge I'd be having a lot of trouble getting it in.

Beach, good for you taking the smoke pauses out! You're right, you're a nonsmoker now. Having license to puff is just asking for trouble. And you managed a night out without smoking? WTG!

Modcat, 1.5 for two off weeks? I can gain 5 or 6 in that time, NP. And off again already? High fiiiiive! Swimming sounds really good to me. I'll have to get to a pool soon.

Shy -- absolutely, a lot of our stress is caused by not accepting the way things are. I know I've wasted a lot of time and energy fretting about this or that. And what's the use? So silly. Things are the way they are. I'm trying, every day, to reaffirm that I fully accept everything as it is.

Not to say that we don't want to change things -- we wouldn't be here otherwise -- but I feel like you can't really move on until you accept whatever your present circumstance is.

Likewise good advice about the small challenges. Or dogged persistence can get you far too. On a similar challenge thread, when I was trying to get going I'd sometimes come in and post Day 1 five or six times in a row before I ever made it through.

Jolly, where did you cruise to?

Red, I know it's hard to fight depression but that's the only way to beat it. What I always find -- and I do tend to feel depressed occasionally -- is that every positive action I make, taking charge of one tiny little area of my life, frees up a lot of energy and makes me feel less "stuck."

Apple, congrats on the five fluffies gone where the bad fluffies go! I'm curious about the variation in your goals in different months -- is that holiday-related?

I've got just about all my steps in, done a set of qi qong. I've got a date this afternoon for an interview, which will give me another several thousand steps. All on track. Tomorrow will see me at Day 7, huzzah.

Let's make this a good one!

Old 09-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #104  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Well Red, I don't know what you're going through at present, but it doesn't seem to great.

Whenever my father has to make a list of things to do (which isn't often, because my mother usually does that ) he always starts with :wake up.
It's really something we take for granted, but I think that's about where I'm holding right now for my challenge: just wake up. If ANY other positive things get done - well, that's a bonus....
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #105  

hey all I just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas - Freeport and Nassau. Totally recommend it - it is a great way to treat yourself.

I have two new challenges, that I will start tomorrow, that will hopefully get me off my arse and back on track to lose the rest of what I need to.

1) Follow daily workout plan - level 2

2) No unauthorized sweets - level 2

Have a better day all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote