Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #76  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick hi and bye ladies. Not really in a talkative mood, just really grouchy and feeling exhausted for some reason. Will chat tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #77  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick pop in for me...I took mom to 2 Drs. this morning, then 2 drugstores, Wal-Mart and the gas station. I am tired from running....
Mom is doing real well so the heart Dr. doesn't need to see her for 3 months and the family Dr. for 6 months unless she does something silly. We won't know what to do if we are not running to the Dr. every week. She has an epidural next month and hopefully will be good for the rest of the year. Yay!

Now DH goes Wed. for his check-up and tests, so hoping he is ok. Mine isn't until Sept. Then we will all be finished for awhile (I hope)

Nothing good to report scale-wise, food-wise or exercise-wise today. I will TRY to ride the bike later, but it looks like rain.

Later chickies......
Old 08-25-2008, 11:53 PM   #78  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hello

Hi Everybody!

It was a totally beautiful night coming into work.......Had the windows down in the car, and the sky was so pretty, it was ashame I had to go to work........ But oh well, only one more night -- after tonight is done..........and then 4 nights off......Yippee............. I just love my short weeks! Then next week is extra $$ with Labor day + my long week. CHA-CHING!

Mindee -- Yup big emotional rollercoaster, which I hope is now over with cuz I feel more like "me" today! (Sassy that is.... ) lol. Free haircuts, that is awesome! BBQ sounds fun, hard to think its the end of summer already......

Cristina -- Hi and Bye......I hope you get some rest.........

Sue -- I'm glad everything is alright with your mom, I am sure that is a big relief. My DH has a checkup this friday, I hope his goes well..........we've been really trying...........

I hope you all are doing well!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-25-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:07 AM   #79  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here quickly.

Cristina~ I hope things are better since your weekend was wrecked!

Sue~ that is great to hear that mom is getting a little reprieve from all the appointments. Good luck to your hubby for his appointment. And also good luck to you for your appointment!

Sassy~ Well, it is great to have you back as being Sassy! I hate when I get into those emotional ruts. They drive me nuts, which in returns drives Tommy nuts!
Old 08-26-2008, 02:58 AM   #80  
~Believe~

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommysgirl18 View Post
just popping in here quickly.

Sassy~ Well, it is great to have you back as being Sassy! I hate when I get into those emotional ruts. They drive me nuts, which in returns drives Tommy nuts!

AMEN to that and it drives my DH crazy too, just like the old saying, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" Thats great english isn't it?
Old 08-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #81  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Quickie because I have tons to do and way too much on my mind trying to keep it all straight

Sassy - yay, I am glad you have some time off from work! Enjoy

Sue - Nice to hear your mom is doing ok. Hope you get some rest!

Cristina - hope you are feeling better and in a chatty mood! Miss you when you aren't around.

Mindee- Yep, been divorce for 7 years and I still have to check in. lol. Ex and Rach are having a horrid time with the thought of me moving. Which to me is a main reason to go ahead w/ the move....what is going on is way unhealthy for me, Gaby and them too. Rach is one year from being a legal adult she really needs to step up to bat this year w/ her school. She pleads that she needs me to help her and I say "You have lived w/ me for 10 months and I have tried to help you w/ school and you just won't do it"....the more she talks the more it sounds like having me stay gives her a place for her boyfriend to come and spend time at...if she is at her fathers the bf won't go there and if she moves w/ me she thinks the bf will find someone else.
So, always drama at the o-k coral!

I was able to take R and G down and I handed in the enrollement papers for G. It is such a nice school and I can call today and get her teachers name. I also signed the rental papers and she gave me the key. I took R to look inside it thinking that would make her feel better about moving w/ me.

anyway - hi to everyone I better get moving again! Chat when I can.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-26-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #82  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

MINDEE...thank you I am still kinda po'ed that my weekend was ruined but trying to move on, slowly but I am. The kid will not be coming here to stay for a long time and I will get together with Josh & probably Charlotte another time, alone. Hoping all is going with with you and the kids.

SUSAN...I am excited for you...moving this weekend, yay!

SUE...happy to hear things went well for your mom at the docs. And hoping everything goes well for the hubby.

SASSY...no rest for the wicked, lol. I need to take a nap though, and I need to read!

TAMMY...I was kinda hoping Josh would make a career of the Army but then not. He had some injuries and I just didn't think it was a good thing. But he almost resigned and talking with the wife changed his mind. Lots of decorating, moving furniture and painting going on in your house eh? Hey, when you are done, you can come on over here and do some of mine, lol.

FRANCIE...looks like you are enjoying, or enjoyed the company of your cousin. Glad you guys are having fun.

KATY...hope you guys are enjoying the beach!

JULES...hoping to see you post soon, miss you!

ASIA...you are probably getting ready for school and are busy, busy, busy! Don't get to busy that you forget about us

Nothing much going on around here...same old, same old. Had some errands to run this a.m., mowed the yard and of course did my walk/exercise. Still in a crappy mood but whatever...I'll get over it. I think some sleep just might help. Feeling exhausted lately for some reason. Anyway...doing a load of laundry and that's about it...calling it a day.

Have a good one, ladies
Old 08-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #83  
I can dream, can't I?

Cristina- I missed out on whatever spoiled your week-end. I am sorry to hear it though. Hope whatever it was is better now...

Sue
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #84  
kitty Momo

I kind of missed it too what happened over the weekend Cristina, gather it had something to do w/ Chase? Hope you are feeling better now though

hi Sue....

I am just checking in, trying to write instead of munch.....lord, keep my hands on the keyboard and off the fried chicken. lol
I had a little itty bitty fried chicken wing, it was so good and I didn't even take the skin off like I normally would, just NEED to taste the grease, I guess.Anxious and flustered with everything that is going on....school . moving and trying to get everyone ready for next week.
I took Gab to get her bangs trimmed, Rach for a check up, grocery shopping, and laundry all done. Finished up on Gabsters school supply list, still need to get 2 boxes baby wipes and a box of kleenex. Still need to get her nylons and I need to take 2 tops back because they didn't fit right on her.
Get my address changed w/ DMV , already did the utilities and I have a new phone number, how exciting .....need to pack tonight, not sure what but if something gets in a box I will be happy. Actually packing is the least of my problems. lol
Rach seems to have calmed down and we will go tomrrrow and I will pay the $25 for her GED classes. I will have to come back into town on the 9th and go w/ her to a mental health appt. *sigh.....I guess that is it.

So, if I can cool the munchies tonight I will be happy, seems to happen when I am tired. I think I will go and chat w/ Gaby....the ex says she is the most sensible one out of all of us..and he is right. Toys and slurpee's, what else do you need?? haha

chat at you all later!!

hi to Cristina, Asia , Jules, Sassy, Katy, Mindee, Francie, Sue, and Tammy!! And anyone else that is lurking around, we would love for you to join us!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-26-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #85  
~Believe~

Cool Hello

Hi All.

Well TG its MY friday! YAY!

I hope you all are well!!!

Not much to say...............I am just glad that its my last night here. I am so ready to have 4 nights off!

Have a Great One!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:12 AM   #86  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

oy my aching feet! I helped the office manager pass out some flyers for the BBQ this coming weekend. my feet are killing me, but it was a lot of fun even with all the up and down with all the stairs. but I don't mind doing it!

Brandon was going to go with me, but started playing with the little boy around the corner and she said that he was okay....so I told Tommy to go around the corner and get him at about 8:15.....he went over at 8 to check on him. I spent about an hour passing out the flyers that I had in my hand. we only missed about a building and a half, which is good I thought! So, the office manager is going to do those buildings tomorrow!

Oh yeah.....speaking of buildings I have some news! The owner and the head maintenance guy saw me outside with Brandon yesterday. I was chasing down Brandon's run away RC car, and the head maintenance guy says to me "hey lady, don't go too far. we are coming to your house." to which I said to them that I would be right there I had to chase down a run away RC car. They both come inside and look at the bathroom floor. The head maintenace guy then starts stepping on the spot in the floor, to which the owner says "I can see it sinking from where I am standing." The head maintenance guy then says "so what do you want us to do?" I said "fix it so that me, my husband or my kids don't end up going through the floor." He then suggests to put some 2x4's under that spot to brace it. I said "that is better then leaving it to get worse." The owner then has the audacity to say "we will try that first, and then if it doesn't hold or work, then we will rip up the floor and fix it that way."

So. I had the kids outside today, and over comes the head maintenance guy and our friend who works here with the ladder to go into the crawl space. Our friend went under the floor and put some 2x4's to brace the spot in the floor. After he comes out from being under the building, the head maintenance guy says "ben, you will have to go step on it, I don't weigh too much." So, ben comes and says to me "let's go check this out and see if we fall through." Surprisingly, it is holding up better then it was! It still is a little squishy, but I am not going to holding my breath every time we go into the bathroom for showers/baths!

And on another note........while I was passing the flyers out, I met the lady that lives around the corner but right next to us. I had Brandon with me, and she asked me how old her was, so I told her. And then I rattled off that he has a younger brother and a sister and I told her their ages as well. She looks at me and says "you have three kids?" I said "yes I do" and she then says "how old are you?" I said "I just turned 26." She says to me "you are so young. I am 36." Then she looks at me and says "you have three kids? you look so good for having three kids." I heard that and I was beside myself that she just said it. I was trying to make sure that my ears heard her right! so that completely made me forget about staring in the mirror at all my areas of dislike!

did anyone happen to catch the information that was released recently about the afternoon being a better time to work out? I was watching the news I believe it was, and now I can't remember what station I was watching! I want to read up on it because when Brandon goes to school, I will be doing my workouts in the afternoon.

Sassy~ A friend of ours taught Tommy "happy wife means happy life." Now if that isn't words to live by, then I don't know what is! That and my dad taught Tommy "yes dear" so that works as well! LOL

SuzieQ~ do you like this said boyfriend? If not, then all the more reason to move! Not trying to be mean, but that is just something my mom would have done. what did she think once you showed her the place?

Cristina~ I hope things are going better for you now! How is the not eating out? And by the kid, I am assuming it was possibly one of hers? But then again, you know what happens when you assume! LOL

Sue~ I got your friend request on myspace. That was you right? If not, then I just added somebody else!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:39 AM   #87  
~Believe~

Talking Mindee

Mindee -- Glad they at least temorarily fixed your bathroom floor, I hope it holds or should I say I hope it doesn't so you can get a new floor? Kind of a catch 22 there. lol. They painted our lobbies of our apt. buildings. Next they say they are replacing the carpets out there I guess. The monthly newsletter just said "carpets". I doubt its the apts actual carpets since they replace it whenever people move out, but what about the people who have been there a while?? I think we deserve new carpet too! That was an awesome comment from your neighbor!! I like that motto "Happy wife equals Happy life" and yes so true and my DH knows all about the "Yes Dear" and don't forget the all important, "I'm sorry, it was my fault"

Hey I have Less than 6 hrs to go!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-27-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #88  
kitty Momo

Good Wednesday!

Is it Wednesday?? I am all confused.

Mindee- I like the boyfriend, not for Rach though. She relies on him too much and nothing gets done. She needs to be focusing on school and her mental health at the moment. She decided to stay at her fathers and started taking all her posters off the wall last night, she seems to have clamed down. Her Dr's appt was good yesterday, they want her back in on the 9th to get her counseling started and possible meds for her anxiety.

Anyway, good about the floor! Wondering how old are these buildings?? What caused the floor damage?? I assume water?? If so what about the meldew /mold and such?? You wouldn't want to be breathing that...if that was the case. Just a thought. It just irks me that the owner is half a$$ about their own property.

hi Sassy!!

I better go. I have the kitchen pretty much packed up and 1/2 of my clothes and Gaby's. I need to run to Uhaul and get some more boxes, they offer free used ones, I though that was nice ....lol, need to get out more.

*sigh.........k - toodles! and hi to everyone!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #89  
I can dream, can't I?

Good afternoon....I have been way too busy and need to slooooowwww down.
My exercise suffered yesterday and my eats have suffered also. I washed my car last night in lieu of biking. Didn't have time for both.
Having a few computer issues..my mouse doesn't want to cooperate. Funny trying to get that cursor where it is supposed to go.

I will try to stop in later if I have time to breathe.

Yes, that's me on Myspace...trying that again so I can peek at ya'll's pictures. I need Francie's though. Darn.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #90  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies...

Feeling better today, but still feeling a little off for some reason. Thinking I am just not getting enough sleep.

Yes, this was Chase that totally ruined my day/weekend. It started off good at the airport and Josh and Charlotte were going to go spend some time alone and we took the kids. From 10:30 till about 2:30'ish I was sooooo freakin' close to killing a kid. What the heck do you do with a 9 year old that will not listen. I had to tell him things all day long more than once and it was so frustrating. I was mad at myself because I actually screamed at him to just shut up, no one was talking to you! He back talks, he has a very bad attitude, he does not respect us or our house, he yells and he interupts everyone's conversation and he lies...I have never seen a kid like this. He is 9 and I don't feel like I need to tell a 9 year old more than once to not do something. Something he knows he shouldn't do. At one point he looked at me and laughed...I told him he will not come back to my house. I also told Charlotte yesterday...she said something about Josh leaving his skateboard so Chase can ride it here. I told her I do not want him over here, at least not for a long time. Until they do something I don't...it may sound mean but I don't need it and I don't want it. The problem is, and we talked about it...is that if I have rules here and his grandmother does not honor them, or his mother then he is not going to change. Apparently Charlotte's mother lets them run wild and buys them anything and everything they want and she is not going to say anything to her so...he won't come over here. Anyway, I still can't believe that I let a 9 year old get the best of me, and the sad thing is...he thinks he has won. Everything is a contest to him, a challenge. Anyway...the day was supposed to be about Josh coming home and this kid made it all about him, even when they came over. What really pissed me off was they did nothing and he did exactly what I told him not to do so whatever...I am done with him. We talked, she acted like she was mad at him but did nothing. They did tell him to apologize for being bad but I just ignored him. It wasn't sincere and he was told to do it so...I guess I am still po'ed about it, lol. Rant over...

SUE...I added you and also sent a message to let you know that I use another page also, mostly. I made it an exercise page...hope you got the invite from that one. Oh...you can go to Francie's page from my page. I think hers is private but there is still a link that you can send an ivite from it and with a message so she knows who you are. Hope you get time to breathe!

MINDEE...WTG on the comments and the floored getting fixed, finally! the challenge is going great! Today is day 12 and still going strong. I have not had any fast food (or eaten out what-so-ever), not even a fry! DD wanted some curly fries while we were out the other day and I didn't take one I am determined to make the 30 days. Love th pics! Looked like the kids were having fun and I hope your feet are feeling better! That was a lot of walking! Almost forgot to mention the article...I didn't happen to see it and I don't think I have ever heard it is better to exercise in the evening or morning. I used to split up all my exercise thru-out the day and that always worked for me but now I am liking doing it all in the mroning before getting a start on the day. It's done with and I don't have to worry about when I will fit it in so...if you find the article or info let me know what it said, I am curious now.

SUSAN...don't tire yourself out, and don't get stressed. I know you have tons to do before getting moved and it takes it's toll so try to get rest and relax. Glad Rachel is doing well. And stay away fromt he fried chicken! Actually, I think it is okay to indulge once in a while...lord knows I do! Did you get some chatting in with Miss Gaby? Is she excited about school?

SASSY...woohoo to your weekend! Hey, maybe you should put in for new carpet, lol. I think it only fair...I mean, if you've lived there a while and they replace the carpet everytime someone moves I think it only fair if you plan on staying longer.

HIYA JULES, KATY, ASIA and FRANCIE! Hoping all is well with you all.

I am so sleepy, not sure why. The last few days have been like this, not wanting to get up but if I sleep in I feel worse. Then about 2'ish I start getting sleepy. Thinking I will go take a nap in a few...so sleepy by 9:30 I can barely stay awake and not getting any reading done. Not really hungry either. I have been getting my exercise in though...one plus. Anywho...going to go check the general thread and I think I am going to give in and take a nap. Maybe I will be refreshed when I wake up.

Have a good day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-27-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Closed Thread