Old 09-13-2008, 08:24 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Happy Saturday! Another 2 lbs down today - yippee! I think I just may take myself for a walk today.

Carri, good for you putting your pic up - you are adorable! And congrats on the good weigh-in- it's always exciting to break into the next lower "decade"! As for the TV dilemma, I don't have to worry about anyone at work talking about anything, since I'm alone much of the time , so I'll watch the first half of BL, tape the 2nd half while watching BB, and get to that taped half the next day. Go Dan!

Arabella, a little off course isn't so bad. That's what I love about the points system- it allows you to "veer off" here and there, while still following the plan. Yes, my splurge plan is not quite planned for today. Normally I know ahead of time where I'll be going or what I'll be eating for my BIG meal, but we've been waiting on a friend to make a decision this week, and haven't heard anything yet. So, I don't know whether we're going out or not, and I don't want to do something else "big" and then find out that the friend does want to go out. Guess I better behave myself for now...

Yes! We CAN do it!!! Let's go!!!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #92  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Sunday, another nice day.

208.6. Although a little wouldn't hurt. Ah well, this is the day we have been given and it behooves us to make the most of it. All on track and happy about that, too. Funny how I can go such a long time "trying" but not hard enough to actually lose weight. And I feel like I'm making an effort the whole time.

Then, just that little extra bit of effort -- journaling, making sure to get in all the exercise, keeping food within bounds -- and it actually works. Who'da thunk it?

And it feels SO much better. Well, I'm using all the tools at my disposal to make this work and I'm NOT going to quit.

Auntie G, congrats on the 2 more fluffies released!

How did your splurge work out? Got some vicarious treats for me?

K, let's keep the locomotion in motion... I think I can, I think I can...
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #93  

My splurge meal was fine. Luckily the fellow we were waiting on checked in early enough to make a decision. Went out for a very high calorie, but very tasty burger, and it was all accounted for in my points. So it's all good! Started walking yesterday, too. Only got in 20 minutes because it got dark fast, but it's a start!

Arabella, keep up that little extra effort! I really think writing the food down makes all the difference in the world. Sometimes we just don't think things add up as fast as they can, and keeping track is the only way to go.

And today's picture...

Old 09-15-2008, 06:18 AM   #94  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile All Aboard Monday

209.6. Thought I'd be down this a.m. because I was poifect yesterday but I guess that's not always the way it works. Shall persevere with good behavior and it will work!

Auntie G, you are the Image -- thanks so much for taking the time to add those. They're really entertaining and motivating.

Yes, journaling makes a huge difference to me. I'd lost 10 pounds or so earlier in the year when I was journaling before. Why did I stop? Will keep on now, though. Coming in here and being accountable is a big help doing what I need to do.

Ooh ooooh, look at you -- three measly pounds from Onederland! How exciting!!! You could arrive any day.

Make it a Mahvelous Monday, all!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #95  
It is what it is...

Morning Everyone ...I had a horrible weekend eating wise...it started off as me having a cheat meal on Saturday which turned into all day Saturday and then turned into the whole weekend...which I have not done in months!!!
So I had a little big of everything ... but I am back on track today !!!!

Auntie G - you are so close to Onederland...great job ...cant wait until tomorrows TV night ...good job on not going crazy on your splurge meal like I did

Arabella - I have those days, where I just know I will be down and I am not...dont get yourself down, you are doing great!! I cant wait to be where you are...

Hope you all have a good day, I am leaving work half day today, going to be a beautiful cool one...I am going to open up the windows and do some cleaning

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #96  

Yep, another Monday is upon us... I'm making a week's worth of ww pasta today, to at least cover most of the week. (I love that stuff!) I'm on my best behavior- it'll take every ounce of effort to get through PMS!

Arabella, keep it up! The scale will cooperate soon enough. We had such high humidity here for the past 2 days, and that always means one thing- the water retention beast! I don't know how the weather is where you are, but it's always something to keep in mind... I'm glad you like the pix. I love to look for appropriate ones when I have the time. Keep on journaling!

Carri, good job just putting the weekend behind you. Getting right back on the wagon is the only solution! Happy cleaning, and yeah, tomorrow night will be a good TV night!

Have a great day, all!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #97  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Geez Louise. If I'm going to plateau, does it have to be here? My last 4 weekly weighs are 201 - 200.8 - 200.2 - 201.

Aaaaarrrgghhh! I know, I know, stay on track and it will happen. But a plateau in the 190's would have been nicer. A month sitting within ONE FREAKIN' POUND of 200 is just cruel. *sigh*
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #98  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Today is "Saturday" for me. Actually it's much easier for me to stay on track during my weekends. THere is too much tempting food at work lol. We do have no-no's here at home too, but with DH hovering , and the fact that I have time to think through everything I want to put into my mouth it just seems easier. I'm still hovering between 205.5 and 208 so I'm refusing to change my ticker still... I'll just keep on keeping on here. Maybe even hit the treadmill this week.

I do need to start journaling again too. It's amazing what I find out about myself when I do! I can't wait til tomorrow night for TBL!! I've watched every season and now DH is even watching it with me. He still sometimes doesn't understand why I get so emotional (like a blubbering fool hehehe) during the show, altho I have seen watery eyes from him a time or two too.

Need to make an appt with the Dr for a regular checkup re my blood sugar, etc., but need to do some bloodwork first. I'm thinking that I may officially be hitting the big Menopause stage. I'm going to ask that my TSH be tested too, just to see. I'm getting quite irregular and this sweating really sux. lol But, I'd love to get on with this stage of my life. I probably need to really look at making some adjustments to my plan... just not quite sure what yet.

Carri~ That's a wonderful picture, btw! And great job recognizing your weekend problems and getting right back on board! Keep it up!

Auntie G~ I love the pics you post too. The Little Engine was one of my favorites wehe I was a little girl. The first story I can remember reading myself ...

Arabella~ patience Tomorrow may be the day the scale shows your efforts! Good Luck!

Pimm~ I hit that plateau at 220. Every time I got there I got stuck. I really think it was a mental thing for me. 220 is what I considered "acceptable".... (I still have trouble understanding my thought process there lol). Anyways, I just wanted to say keep it up!!!!! How exciting

So... enough of my novel hehe. You all have a wonderful day!

Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 09-15-2008 at 03:55 PM.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #99  
It is what it is...

Default Morning

So I got on the scale this morning and assessed ( sp? ) the damage from my weekend full on splurge, the scale only showed me up 1 pound so that makes me feel better, and believe me it was worth the 1 pound

I just came back from the best dental appt ever! So my dentist comes in and she is standing beside the chair talking to me and all of the sudden she stops her dental conversation and says "You have lost weight!" , I was so happy that she had noticed...she said she could really tell in my belly area...I tend to gain alot of my weight there...needless to say after she said that I have been on cloud nine ...gives me the strength to go on and not have another weekend cheat ( well all weekend anyway ).

Auntie G- good luck with the PMS that is the WORST time for me, luckily I only have a period every 3 months so that makes it not so bad...yay tonight is a great TV night...if I have to stay up until midnight to get it all watched I will ...so happy B Loser is starting now, keeps me on the straight and narrow and inspires me weekly.

Arabella - Hi, hope you are having a good day

Dee - I am telling you , journaling does make all the difference for me, keeps me knowing exactly where I am at ...good luck to getting back to it

Have a great day all...

Carri
Old 09-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #100  

Yippee, it's Biggest Loser (and Big Brother!) night! It's always good to have some more inspiration...

Carri, glad you didn't have a big gain from the weekend! That pound will be gone before you know it. And That's awesome that your dentist noticed your weight loss! That really does pump you up to keep on going... I may have to catch the 2nd hour of BL tomorrow after work. I'm definitely watching BB in real time. It's gonna be good...

Dee, get out that journal! You've got to know what you're putting in, and it's just too hard to remember if it's not written down! It's awesome that your DH will watch TBL with you. Mine used to on occasion, but his work schedule does not allow for it anymore, so I'm on my own. Good luck with the big M!

Ruth, that IS a painful place to plateau, but as you said, stay on track and it will happen! Good luck!

OK everybody, let's do this thing!

Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 AM   #101  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

I jumped on the scales today (not my day today, that's usually Monday) and guess what?

199.3!

I'm not counting it or changing my ticker, because it's not Monday. But if I can keep doing this for another 5 days, I'll be in ONEDERLAND! For the first time in I can't honestly remember how long!

So excited.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 AM   #102  

Old 09-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #103  
It is what it is...

Default Morning

Primm - congrats on seeing that number ...I have been there before and I know how good it feels

Auntie G- I knew Dan would win BBrother...no question...I loved last nights episode of Biggest Loser...I like the teams...I just hate how hard they work them at first...I would be the one crying and throwing up

Hope everyone has a great day !!!

Carri
Old 09-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #104  

Carri, yeah, I was sure hoping it would be Dan, but I was surprised that it was unanimous. Sweeeeeet... Haven't finished watching TBL yet, but I'm going to get to that in a bit. I can't even imagine going from no exercise to that kind of butt kicking. I'm surprised they don't all drop over!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:40 PM   #105  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Primm~ Congratulations!!!!! It has got to be so exciting to see a 1!!! I couldn't even say when the last time I was in onederland was. Take it one day at a time and you'll soon be changing that ticker!

I'm not a BB fan but I was so happy to have TBL on last night. LOL DH and I were joking to each other that after all these seasons, wouldn't ONE of us think to have a box of kleenex near our chair during the show? (I love my man, he's so sensitive )

I really like every one of the teams and was so sorry to see any of them voted off . But WOW didn't they look fabulous in there "after" scenes!?!?!

You all have a wonderful day!!!!
Dee~
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote