Old 09-09-2008, 07:00 AM   #76  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Ain't misbehavin'

210.4. On my fourth day of good behavior now. Patting self on back. (Where is that smiley?)

Eating only at the table when I'm alone, journaling what I eat, following WW CORE. I'm getting quite a stockpile of points saved up, too, from exercise, so that a splurge won't mean I'm off track. I remember what a lifesaver that used to be, realizing I had the points for something if I really wanted it.

Got 12000+ steps yesterday, did yoga. I'm just going to do a little now and then head out for a run through the woods.

Auntie G, congrats on maintaining post feeding frenzy! Huzzah! Yea, we fight the good fight and we will win! I love your pix.

Iwmonn, I'm in Prince Edward Island, on the east coast of Canada. So probably similar in terms of heat waves. Although I've been secretly hoping for one here to make up for our cool, rainy summer.

Let's make this a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #77  
It is what it is...

Morning Everyone…I know I havent been on here in a few days, the weekend always keeps me busy and then I was off work unexpectedly yesterday…so hope everyone had a great weekend. I weighed myself yesterday and was down to 220!!!! So I am officially down 17 pounds since
8/5 …I am really happy and can tell it in my clothes… 20 pounds away from 200 seems a lot more do-able than 37 like I was …but I have to keep chugging along I guess…

I am so excited that the new season of Big Brother starts a week from today…do you all watch this? I find it so inspirational…and it keeps me motivated.

Auntie G and Arabella – I try to have one cheat meal a week to keep my metabolism guessing …and it normally is not hard for me to get back on. I look sooooooooooo forward to it every week and often plan it in advance, ha ha

Also Arabella – congrats on getting back on track …and back down to 210 …I also agree with you on the journaling, that keeps me on track…I have to do it daily

Hi Dee !!! It has cooled off here too, so I am going to get back out and start walking !!!

Hope you all have a great day !!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #78  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Arabella~ Here's the happy face plus a little congratulatory spinning and some encore -just because. 4 days on plan!!!! Great job!!

Carri~ Dontchya just love that loose clothes feeling?
We had some nice cool fog this morning. Unfortunately, it's not motivating me to go walking. I just hung out in bed a few extra minutes and cuddled with the cat lol.

So DH actually complimented me yesterday. He mentioned how he could see my back looked more toned- smaller. Heh, I'll take what I can get. He supports me 100%, but is skeptical I'll succeed as he's seen me go thru this .........several times. This is most weight I've lost tho since we've been together. I'll show him!!!

Keep up the mojo ladies!!!

Dee~
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Another sensible day , should be fine until the weekend. Yesterday I made sauce from my overstock of REAL tomatoes, and boy, was it good! But alas, it was also too much work to think of doing that again soon . Luckily I like canned tomatoes too. Tomorrow I'm attempting some healthy stuffed peppers - never made them before, but I grew some peppers for fun, so we shall see whether it's fun or not...

Dee, chocolate truffles were my downfall before I hopped back on the wagon. Mmmmmm... I've been ok without them for the summer, but the Christmas season does worry me a bit. I can't stop at one, or two, or three... Congrats on not gaining! Sometimes that has to be good enough!

Arabella, here's a pat on the back and a nice big smiley for ya...

Keep up the good behavior!

Carri, congrats on 17 down! Keep on chugging along! I seem to be planning my cheat meals in advance, too, which I think is a good idea, if I do say so myself! What's been hard over the summer, though, is that so many weekends were about cookouts, when I'd rather use my points on something else. Now I will finally get to have something tasty that doesn't come in a vat of mayo! Oh, and Big Brother is ending next week, so I'm guessing you meant Biggest Loser? I watch them both, so it's all good! I always think Biggest Loser is a little out of the normal realm of possibility, since most people can't exercise 10 hours a day , but I do love to watch the people melt before my eyes, and I was sooo happy that Ali won last season!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #80  

Thumbs up Sticking to it, ticking along

210.6. Not budging yet but I will keep on going until it does. I've been journaling faithfully, following CORE. Getting my steps in, water, the whole shtick. It WILL work.

Thanks for the encouragement -- you guys are just THE BEST!

Auntie G, that was so sweet of you to get me a pat on the back. Big vat of mayo... mmmmmmmm Seriously, I almost never eat bread because I'm sensitive to gluten, so I dream of sandwiches on good bread, lots of mayo... stop me! Not that I don't adore chocolate truffles, though.

Satine, I would be planning my cheat meal in advance too. I bet you find it gets you through cravings sometimes, knowing you can have whatever for your treat meal. I guess WW CORE works a little similarly for me because you can stockpile points and then use as you see fit.

Wow, 17 down in just over a month! You'll hit Onederland in no time.

Iwmonn, congrats on the compliment. My DH is pretty supportive and he certainly never lets me forget I'm on a diet. I said, when we were going away this year, that I'd have to be careful not to get into "vacation mode" and just eat whatever. So anytime I looked sideways at anything questionable, he'd say to me "vacation mode?"

Gotta say, I'm fed up with the status quo -- job's bugging me, husband's bugging me. I'm going to have to make some changes how I run my job and my life because I'm just not happy with how things are going right now. I guess it's up to me to fix it.

Let's go out and win this one, Goilies!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #81  
It is what it is...

Default Morning Girls...

Another day, another day of journaling my calories...gotta tell ya, I like losing weight and how I feel about myself but I wish I could go back to the days when I could just pick something up and eat it and not worry about how many calories it was or whatever

Auntie G - I did mean Biggest Loser - I am a huge Big Brother fan as well so I guess I had it on the brain, ha ha. I was so happy last year that Ali won as well...I cannot believe how good she looked...she didnt even have loose skin that I could see.

Arabella - I know, I too am in a rut with the job, just some burn out I guess...cant wait until January when I get all my vacation time back, I need some serious time off.

Dee - yeah I love when dh notices something and actually compliments me, makes me want to keep on plan - congrats on that!!

Cashew - Hi, where are ya?

Hope you all have a good day...I totaled up my calories for my lunch today and I think I only am having about 275, so that wont cut it, I will be starving, need to go and find something in the work cafe somewhat good for me...talk to you all later!!

Carri
Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #82  

Well! Making stuffed peppers is definitely more fun than making tomato sauce. Can you believe that today was the first time in my life (at 43!) that I've ever eaten a pepper? I can't imagine ever drooling over them, but they were good enough.

Arabella, you're so close to the 2-0's, keep on keeping on! I must admit I LOL'd a little bit about being fed up with the status quo, as I'm having that problem too. Sometimes it's just good to know you're not the only one. My job is on it's last leg, and my DH has been on my last nerve lately. We did have a good talk and things will be fine, but as for the job, I need to start over and that is very scary!

Carri, ah, the sweet life of not worrying about calories and journaling... It would be nice, but I've finally come to accept that it just won't be that way for me. It also will be so nice to shop in "normal" stores for clothes. It's a trade-off. Who are you rooting for in Big Brother? I am really mad at Dan for abandoning Keesha for the final 3, but I think he has played it the best and deserves to win.

Have a great Thursday...
Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #83  

Thumbs up Keeping going, oh yeah

209.4. And I actually got to move my ticker today. Yessssssss!!!

Seriously, if I could just remember how much work it is to get off these that come on so easily...

But I am getting a handle on it, between WW CORE, journaling and only eating at the table when I'm by myself. It's working.

Auntie, your support is so helpful. You're right, even at the rate I lose, Onederland is not far away. I did lose my way a little but I'm back on track.

Thanks for the reminder of the date. I'd forgotten, and it's always good to remember how fortunate we are to have each of these days in this world. It's all a great mystery and it can stop at any time. So let's live our lives with gladness and gratitude.

Carri, I swear, sometimes there's just that kind of energy around. When I feel like I can't stand things another minute, sometimes I remind myself that not being able to stand things is good motivation for changing them. And here we are.

Funny how we can have days where we're just managing to hold it together, what with jobs & DSes. And then the next day, somehow, things are okay again. Day before yesterday I was about to snap. Yesterday I was in a fury in the morning. Had a furious walk around the harbour, did my yoga, stomped around the kitchen a bit and... got over it. Now today, life seems sunny again Guess I had some steam to blow off.

Blessings on all our days and thank you all for being part of mine!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #84  
It is what it is...

Morning Everyone...you ever have those days where nothing sounds or tastes good? Sometimes in the middle of dieting I get that way...where nothing is enjoyable...I had one of those days yesterday and this morning when I ate breakfast it was the same, just blah!! We are weighing in here at work tomorrow instead of Tuesday so I might have my cheat meal tomorrow evening...maybe that will help things.

Auntie G - I dont know who I want to win...I was surprised that Dan and Memphis did get rid of Keesha ...but I guess that is just the game, I am sure they figured ( like they said ) that they can beat Jerry over her...I think tonights episode is going to be good...If Jerry does win HOH, Dan and Memphis are screwed...

Arabella - Glad to hear that you are feeling sunny again today...yes we all have those days...

Dee - Hi

*** We will never forget...**** Remembering 9/11 victims and families today...sometimes we forget how lucky we are.

Have a good day all.
Carri
Old 09-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #85  

Thumbs up Happy Friday!

208.8. I went back to WW this morning and am 1.5 away from 40 pounds lost there. Mind you, that's from sporadic effort over 3 years. Ah well, I could have stayed the same or gawd forbid gained.

I am on track for goal and I WILL get there!

Satine, I think I've had those days. Almost never in my life have I lost interest in food though. Sometimes I get on a streak where I don't think about food except when I'm hungry and that's SWEET.

I've got 34 extra points left to play around with. I don't intend to use many, if any, of them but it's nice to know I can if I want.

Have a great day, Goilies!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 AM   #86  
It is what it is...

Morning ...we have our weigh in at work this morning so I may pop in later and tell you guys how I did...here's hoping for a good loss

We are actually getting some good rain today and probably all weekend...I hate to see a rainy dreary weekend but my yard and flowers could really use it.

Arabella - yes I do get sick of food easily...last night we had one of my favorite low meals - we went out for sushi - it was so good !!!
Forty pounds is quite an accomplishment...great job !!!!!

Are any of you near Ike?

Hi to Auntie G, Dee, and Cashew - check back in later!!!

Carri
Old 09-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #87  

Arabella, you're doing so wonderfully well! Motivation for me too.

I get bored with foods easily too - but I wouldn't be bored if it were p.b. fudge or something like that. I do try to mix it up and pay attention to what I really seem to crave. The last craving was for asparagus - the one before that was Dairy Queen - had both but the DQ was a simple vanilla dish and I had eaten lightly so it worked in. Wish I could say that about every day.

205.4 this morning. A new recent low by .2 and it won't "stick" but at least when I see it once, I figure I'll see it again.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #88  

Good evening, all, and yay! the weekend has arrived! Tomorrow's my splurge day, and for the first time my plan is still up in the air. That's a little scary- makes me feel a bit out of control, but I will try to keep a grip.

Arabella, hurray for the 2-0's! And really, like you said, a sporadic 3 year effort to lose 40 lbs is still way better than gaining it! Onederland is getting closer and closer!

Carri, hope you had a good weigh in! We're getting some serious rain here (not hurricane type, just rain) too, and I'm sure the grass is happy about it, but we had rained out plans last weekend, and I'm hoping it gets over with before messing up this weekend too! OK, so now we're down to Dan and Memphis, as expected, and I'm definitely rooting for Dan. I don't know why they need to drag the show out til Tuesday now that it's the final 2. It will overlap the 2nd hour of Biggest Loser, which I guess I'll tape and watch later. Ah, such is life...

Anagram, here's hoping the new low sticks!

Have a great weekend everybody! And remember our destination...

Old 09-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #89  
It is what it is...

Evening All ...thought I would be brave and put my own pic as my avatar...

Auntie G - Yes I knew it would come down to Dan and Memphis ...I wish they would have done it any day but Tuesday because I really wanted to watch biggest loser on that night... I guess I DVR one of them and then stay up late watching it all...I really have to because everyone will be talking about it at work the next day and ruin it for me Yes I did have a good weigh in but it was the same as at home...although I guess I could change my numbers as now I am down to 219...I dont think I have changed that anyway...

Well getting late here, getting tired...THANK GOD it is FRIDAY !!!!

Carri
Old 09-13-2008, 07:54 AM   #90  

Thumbs up Saturday!

209.8. Veered a little off-course yesterday but it was a far cry from the diversions of the past. In WW terms, I didn't go through all the points available to me. But I did eat standing and didn't meditate. Which, come to think of it, might have put me in a stronger frame of mind to resist veering.

Still, got my 10k steps, did yoga, etc. Onward we go.

Carri, hello GORGEOUS!!! Wowzers, you're beautiful.

Anagram, you must be doing good things to have such great weigh-ins. I'm v. impressed.

Auntie G, is it your splurge plan that's up in the air? I would have had a more satisfying splurge if I'd planned it, for sure. Maybe next time.

Just wanted to see this one again: