Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 04:04 PM   #16  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Sorry to hear it.

That the weather has turned yucky. It's just beautiful here of course Too bad I feel so rotten. My cough has turned into a lovely head cold. Head--Pain--Ouch.

DD and her compatriots did an excellent job yesterday and got 3rd place in the state!

Hope everybody is enjoying the weekend

Kiwi
Old 04-07-2002, 12:11 PM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

Default here's what happens

when nobody posts: I come back and update you on how crappy I feel! I'm all congested now and can barely breathe. Nyquil is my friend. But it doesn't let me sleep any longer than 8 hours or so.

DH is doing taxes and mumbling to himself, and DD is wandering around in her pajamas. It's a beautiful sunny day, at least it looks like one from inside.

We have at least one wastebasket in every single room of this house, and yet I never have anywhere to put my snotty kleenex. What a sad state of affairs.

Be sure to check back often for updates on my condition....

Kiwi
Old 04-07-2002, 07:32 PM   #18  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default wastebaskets

Why aren't you allowed to throw tissues in them? Do you have a fireplace? Maybe you should line your pockets with plastic bags and use those.

I think being Third in the ENTIRE STATE is SERIOUSLY GOOD!!! I don't think I approve though. Next thing, she'll we wearing those barely-hanging-on pants and way-short tops and making videos.

Sorry you don't feel well. I feel great. The boys will back tomorrow night.
Old 04-07-2002, 08:20 PM   #19  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Well, I can use the wastebaskets,

but they always seem to be on the other side of the room from me, and my aim doesn't seem to be too good (besides, they don't sail far enough...)

Yes, 3rd in the state is real good. There were 2 divisions; her school came in 3rd in the small school division.

I went to Subway and ordered a turkey and bacon sub -- when I got home, there was no bacon! Is someone trying to tell me something???

Hope the guys had a great time, enjoyed the retsina and ouzo and all...

Kiwi
Old 04-08-2002, 01:33 PM   #20  

Default Wow! a star is born

Tell Kiwiette that we are so proud of her! I certainly hope she doesn't forget all her Cow Aunties when she hits the big time.

I've been working on my hanging baskets. This is the secret to my lovely flower baskets - I line wire baskets with burlap, then I cut holes in the burlap and plant the bottom, sides and top of the basket. I mix in slow release fertilizer and soil moist stuff in the potting mix. I then hang them in my greenhouse and fertilize the be-jeezus outta them with liquid fertilizer. When they are huge gorgeous balls of flowers I hang them outside. And now you know.

It's sunny out and I don't want to work. This daylight savings time stuff is killing me. I overslept this morning and missed my walk. Nobody can fool me. I know it's really 5 am when the clock says 6. Do ppl have this silly clock switching thing in Canada and Germany?
Old 04-08-2002, 04:44 PM   #21  
fatter than U

Talking this silly clock switching thing

Yessiree, Wabby! We did the clock thing last weekend. Still getting used to it. Kids have holidays so I sleep until 10 anyway Your baskets sound divine. Mummy is great at those. Mine always seem to croak. No green thumb here.

Hey Kiwi! How's the cold? Glad to hear you're feeling well enough to eat a turkey and baconless (how dare they??) sub! And yahoo to the Kiwiette!

Peachy! *Of course* you are my idol! The Queen Mum was my "100 and Over Category" idol. You are my "100 and Under" idol. I was in Greece for Easter back then. We were in this little town where they roasted a lamb on a spit but no one made me eat that soup, thank goodness. We also got to smash red Easter eggs together.

I have suddenly realised that I only have a bit over two months to get in shape. Was on the elliptical twice this week but I keep losing and gaining the same three pounds over and over. I'm going to look like a blimp in my cute cute cute new bathing suit which I have ordered but not received yet. It has blue flowers on it to distract the viewer from the blue veins on my legs.

Man, I had the mother of all migraines last Wednesday. I was down town and had to come right home 'cause my stomach was churning and I thought my brain was going to explode. I'm sure you all know the feeling. Where does that come from, anyway?
Old 04-08-2002, 05:58 PM   #22  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Cool

You're so clever, Wabby.

Sorry to hear about the migraine, Sugar; I can certainly identify. Hope you don't keep having them.

Still sick. Don't know if I should show up for food slinging tomorrow or not. I'm probably not contagious anymore; it's been almost a week. But I sure feel crappy

I tried one of those elliptical trainers the weekend I was in Boston (the hotel had a great health club). :sheep: I thought it was really hard! I kept having to change direction 'cuz it absolutely wore me out. I think I managed about 5 minutes. I know you're going to be adorable in your new bathing suit

Later gators, just watching that sheep jump up and down makes me tired.

Kiwi
Old 04-09-2002, 03:52 AM   #23  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi there! Just popping in to offer health-wishes for the sick cows and welcome home wishes for the reunited cows and congratulations for the accomplished cowettes. It's almost 3am and I'm supposed to be done with my writing. Hah.

I'm starting week 3 of this sprint/ weights thing. Going fine. Doubt I'll stick with it for the full 12 weeks.

I made a bracelet. Now I am obsessed with making bracelets.

Ciao!
Cherry
Closed Thread