Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #286  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE..HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND ENJOY THE TIME AWAY.
I THOUGHT THE SONG WAS "MEET ME IN ST. LOUIE, LOUIE".....NOT JEFF! GOOD KISSING IS NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOKS!

HAPPY...EVEN IF YOU ONLY GET TO PUT YOUR MANICURED TOES INTO THE WATER IT COUNTS! YOU'RE DOING SO GREAT WITH THE EXERCISE!! I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU! I WILL CALL FOR HELP SO YOU CAN WARD OFF THE ANGRY MASSES SHOULD THEY DARE TO APPROACH MY DOOR! KEEP AN EAR OPEN!

RUTH...WISHING HERSHEY ALL THE BEST AND MANY HUGS FOR HER AS WELL. HOPE THE VISIT ISN'T TOO MUCH FOR BOTH OF YOU.

CEEJAY... HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR DAYS OFF WHEN THEY COME. GOING TO PARAGOULD?

CARLA....THE HOUSE IN PROVENCE SOUNDS WONDERFUL. I ALWAYS WANTED TO LIVE THERE OR UMBRIA, OR EGYPT OR.....WELL ANYWAY IT SOUNDED GREAT! LIVING RIGHT OUTSIDE NYC OF COURSE I HAVE NO CLUE AS TO HOW TO GET HERE. I WILL HAVE TO LOOK INTO IT. WHATEVER YOU DO...THINK ACCESS TO THE LINCOLN TUNNEL. IF I FELL OUT OF BED...THAT'S WHERE I WOULD LAND GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND ONLY "ITCHING" TO BE MORE ACTIVE!

SHAD....I AM SURROUNDED BY "QUARE FOLKS"!
WAIT..I THINK I AM ONE MYSELF!! HOPE THE STROLL DOWN JALAN LANE WAS NICE AND YOU WERE NOT ACCOSTED BY ANY JUGGLERS! WISHING YOU HAPPY TRAINING DAYS! JUST SHOW THEM YOU ARE THE KAURANGI

RENNIE...HOPE THE KNEE WILL HOLD OUT AND HAPPY CAMPING!

YESTERDAY I FLEW DOWN THE STREET ON BALDING TIRES AND SHOPPED AT THE CORNER STORE. JUST PICKED UP THE ESSENTIALS. JEN AND RICHIE HAD GOTTEN THE REST. DIDN'T TURN MY PHONE ON TILL AFTER 4 WHEN I WAS CERTAIN THE OFFICE WAS CLOSED!
A FRIEND HAD TO IM ME SO I COULD CALL PRETENDING TO BE SOMEONE ELSE AND GET HER OFF THE PHONE WITH ANOTHER WOMAN! WE ARE BOTH LEARNING NEW TRICKS TO AVOID STRESS.....AND IT DOESN'T HURT ANYONE'S FEELINGS YES CARLA...ALL I DID WAS LIE ABOUT, CHANNEL SURF, WATCH THE ENDINGS OF A LOT OF MOVIES ON CABLE AND WORE AN OLDER FLANNEL NIGHTIE WITH THE A/C TURNED UP. I CHANGED MY MIND AND WANTED SOMETING SOFTER. THE CONSTRUCTO GUYS ARE HARD AT IT TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME. THEY HAD A MILLION VIOLATIONS AND WERE SHUT DOWN FOR AWHILE AFTER I SPOKE MY POLITICO FRIEND WITH THE DUMPING OF CEMENT ON OUR CARS THEN HE FOUND THEY HAD RAISED THEIR DIRT LEVEL BEHIND THEIR ILLEGAL CEMENT WALL THAT WAS ALREADY DRAINING INTO OUR YARD! IF I REPEAT MYSELF I'M SORRY BUT I HAVE BEEN LAUGHING AND FEELING SORRY FOR THEM ALL AT ONCE. THESE POOR SODS WERE ONLY FOLLOWING THE ARCHITECTS PLANS.
ANYWAY...ALL IS QUIET ON THE EASTERN FRONT OF THE GOOD OL' USA.
HAPPY SATURDAY AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND
Old 08-30-2008, 08:03 AM   #287  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh oh, she's given up being the b*tch from **** in the maintenance department to being the official watch for the builders.

Loooooooooook out construction site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #288  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Happy Saturday to you.

Bald tires Mel? Geez I guess anything with tires can wear out. Better get some new ones, with the autumn rains approaching we can't have you slip sliding away there girl. I'll bet if the construction guys took off their shirts she wouldn't be finding all those violations, would she ladies? Always good to know that Mel is on the job! Have a nice quiet weekend - good for you for figuring out ways to de-stress. I think that's the key. Certainly doesn't do us any good to get all riled up. Your ticker seems to be flying downwards all of a sudden. The days are flying off quicker...

Shy - I thought you said your yard was open, didn't you have problems with the neighbor's dog coming on your property? Might have been someone else... Have fun camping. This is one of those weekends where's it's crazy busy at the campgrounds. Unless you have a reservation you almost have to go on Thursday to get a good spot.

Shad -you certainly nailed it with the different groups and their approach to training I guess the trick is all about adapting. Be careful walking over that bridge - hope something nice awaits you on the other side. Walking across merry ole England might not be too bad except for the dratted weather. I think I'd rather walk across sunny Greece Would love to tour the English countryside in a horse and buggy or some open air thing. Lovely area.

Thanks for the kudos Carla. I'm happy to hear the incisions are healing nicely and all is going well on that end. Will look for your email. Still checking things out... The house in Provence sounds like a wonderful get away. And 3 weeks too. How heavenly. The kind of thing that gives you the motivation to get through the rest of the year

Ruth, Ceejay, Michelle, Annie

I guess today is a pamper me day. I have a hair appointment at 12:30 which really breaks up the day. Guess I will get a pedicure too as it's been a while. My cell phone has died and it's only about a month old so that's got to go back to the store. I also need to do some other returns. So we'll take care of that today. Tomorrow will be some routine chores. I think I'm going to try and go to the gym on Monday as normal even if it is a holiday. And then I can come home and get a start on cleaning out the garage if I don't get on that earlier. Got 4 days ahead of me, I want to make the most of them. And with that I'd better jump in the shower and get on with it. Happy Saturday!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

3 hours down and 8 more to go.

Been counting my carbs and watching my food portions. I've been logging around 8900 steps per day.

Have a good week end.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-30-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #290  

Morena Morena
It's Sunday and I am suffering from cabin fever. Yesterday it rained on and off and when I could I got out for a walk. Went over the bridge and saw an advertising sign with lots of pictures of orchids on it. Oh, I thought there might be an orchid show on!! So I memorised the words and set about translating them when i got back - so "Orang bejak taat pajak" translates as:- It's a wise man who pays his tolls. So back I went to read some more words. It seems this beautiful picture is an ad admonishing the hoards and multitudes to pay the tolls on the Jalan Tol (toll roads) leading into Jakarta. And they are threatened with automatic tolls coming in too.
What a let down.
So hopefully today I will get to go out with P to Mini Indonesia. I have not spoken to him yet today and don't want to get him out of bed too early if he pulled a late one last night. I did meet the Boss in the lift this morning and he said that P left around dinner time last night. So maybe....... for me.

Happy - I would not prefer to walk across sunny Greece. Imagine all the water you would have to carry and imagine the weight of it in the sunshine and heat. I prefer to walk in the cooler climates. There is a walking path along the cliffs of Cornwall that would be fun as well - might even get accosted by a pirate. Well one can hope! (that he is an attractive pirate). You can do Ireland in a Gypsy caravan pulled by a horse/s(?) Sound like fun??

Ceejay - you must be hanging out for tomorrow.

Okay - better go and see if I can rouse P before it starts to rain or thunder or something.

Cya

Last edited by Shad; 08-30-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:28 AM   #291  
Choose your hard

Gort - Klaatu barada nikto. Don't know exactly what that translates too but it kept Gort from destroying the Earth in the movie - The Day the Earth Stood Still. Thus starting my early love affair with science fiction and memorizing weird phrases...

Shad, I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh but I could imagine the excitement of thinking you'd get to see some lovely flowers only to be so dissapointed to look it up and find out it's an admonishment to pay tolls. Thank you for letting me sit in my comfy chair and live vicariously through you. That's unfortunate that you have no where to work off a bit of the nervous energy. Sounds like you could use a peaceful day off.

Wow Ceejay - that's an INCREDIBLE amount of steps to get in. You go girl!!!!

Got my hair done today. It's very dark. Might even be kind of like my natural color - we'll see when the roots grow in. Hairdresser said with swimming 3 times a week it would be better to take the blonde out because it will start to turn greenish. This is usually the time of year when I get itchy to go red/reddish however, I don't dare lest I spend alot of money to look like Mel's ticker

I did get a few things done today. Tomorrow is cleaning and meal planning. My stomach has been bothering me alot lately. I don't want to add the antacid meds to what I'm already taking (trying to keep the prescription number limited to 3). So if I can control it on my own, I will. DH and I went to an Italian restaurant tonight. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out a happy medium between what I wanted/what I should have/what would not make me sick. I only had about a third of the meal. The entree will be tomorrow's lunch.

Tonight I watched The Sound of Music. Haven't seen it in about 20 years. I still remember the songs. Yesterday I could not remember the name of the lead singer of Led Zepplin (Robert Plant) nor could I remember what the pink and yellow flowers we planted out front were called (Hybiscus) but darn it, I could almost sing every lyric in that movie. Go figure...

And now I'm off to sleep. Night all, sleep well. Hope you found something interesting to do Shad - day's half over for you
Old 08-31-2008, 07:38 AM   #292  
Happy September

SHAD...LET ME TELL YOU SOME OF THOSE CONSTRUCTION MEN ARE DEFINITELY NOT HARD TO LOOK AT!! I THINK I'M IN LOVE!! OR IS THAT IN LUST?!?!
WHAT SAY WE ALL WALK ALONG THE CLIFFS OF DOVER AND PICK THE CLOVER. OH WHAT JOY!!!
HOPE YOU GOT TO GO OUT WITH P!! THE ORCHID STORY WAS TOO FUNNY! ALMOST AS GOOD AS FIRED BUTTS!

HAPPY....HOW GOES THE GARAGE? LET ME SAY...THESE MEN LOOK GOOD WITH CLOTHES ON EVEN!! OOOOH La La!
GOOD IDEA WITH MONDAY AND THE GYM. HOPE YOU GET THERE WHILE ENJOYING THE 4 DAYS HOW DOES THE HAIR LOOK? WHAT COLOR? NO POOL FOR YOU!!
PART 2: I SEE THE NEWER POST NOW. HOPE YOU LOKE THE COLOR AND IT STAYS IN!! FUNNY HOW I CAN REMEMBER HOWDY DOODY BUT DON'T ASK ME WHAT I WATCHED ON TV LAST NIGHT I AM TRYING NOT TO THINK ABOUT THIS TOO MUCH. LEST I SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF MYSELF!! JOHN IN MAINTENANCE HAD THE SAME PROBS WITH THE MEDS BUT HE SAYS IT GOES AWAY ONCE THE BLDY GETS USED TO IT. HOPE IT DOES FOR YOU ALSO.

<------THAT IS WHAT SATURDAY WAS LIKE. FIRST A WOMAN TRIED TO BURN HER APARTMENT UP FRYING CHICKEN AND THEN ABOUT 8:30PM THE HOT WATER RETURN PIPE DECIDED TO SPRING A LEAK, WET THE DROP CEILING ON THE LOBBY FLOOR AND BRING SOME OF THE TILES CRASHING DOWN. BUT I CALLED JIMMY, GOT HIM STARTED AND LEFT. TOLD HIM HE WAS A BIG BOY NOW AND I WAS GOING TO BED! THEN I REP[ORTED TO THE BOSS AND TURNED MY PHONE OFF! MATURITY AT 61...SUCH A GOOD THING!
I LEFT A MESSAGE FOR THE WHCHAIR REPAIR SHOP AND TOLD THEM I COULD USE SOME NEW TIRES FOR THIS CHAIR AS WELL....WHEN IS THE OTHER ONE COMING HOME? I HAVE ALSO LEARNED THIS MONTH THAT I CANNOT GET IN AND OUT OF SOME OTHERS AS EASILY WITH THESE ARMS. I HAVE TO KEEP THAT IN MIND FOR ORDERING THE NEXT CHAIR....WHENEVER THAT IS.
HOPEFULLY TODAY WILL BE SUNNY AND BRIGHT I MIGHT EVEN GET OUTSIDE FOR A WEE BIT OF HUMID AND STINKY AIR!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY EVERYONE

CEEJAY...WAY TO GO ON THE STEPS!!! YOU COULD BE ON YOUR WAY TO PAINTER WOMAN AND CHECK UP ON HER!!
GO CEEJAY GO
Old 08-31-2008, 07:39 AM   #293  
Happy September

I JUST LOOKED AT MY OWN TICKER AND SCARED MYSELF! HAPPY...IT IS FLYING!!! WOW!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:23 AM   #294  

Haven't heard from P all day. I've had to amuse myself. The day has finally past and I'm about ready for bed. Cabin fever is not funny.

Happy - ever since Mum got Alzheimers, I have been beating myself up every time I forget something. It's a scary thing. However the more pressure I put on myself to remember the less I remember. If I leave the puzzle alone, the answer will come to me (generally in the middle of the night) Stress does funny things to the human brain.
Hair sounds nice too.

Mel - Telling him to deal with it and walking away - way to go Girl. White cliffs of Dover - well I've been there. It's nice. Interesting castle there too. You can see France on a clear day as well. Hope you get those tyres changed soon. No racing down the passages ways or hilly roads until you do - okay?

Well I'm about to watch another mindless tv program. Then it's sleepy time. Gym first up, then work. Hallelujah, something to do, somewhere to go. Actually I did go to the gym this morning. All is not lost.

Tomorrow is September, maybe I should exercise my brain thinking up a title. Yep right well I will do that shortly. cya
Old 08-31-2008, 11:49 AM   #295  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Bright and sunny out there today. Going to be a bit on the warm side too I think. Looks like Hurricane Gustaf is going to avoid us. Can't say I'm sad about that. I certainly would not want to sit in bumper to bumper traffic going nowhere to a place I'm not even sure where I'd be headed. Guess that is the chance you take living on the coastal areas. Probably why many never returned back to New Orleans either.

Shad, I attended an Alzheimer's information session at work. Many things we can do to keep the brain more active. You are accomplishing many with continuing to work, the Soduku puzzles AND trying to interpret many languages and accents. There is also something called neuobics which stimulates the brain to create new branches and pathways. It's based on a principle that you do something completely different and your brain has to work to learn the new way and thus "grows" to accomodate it. Examples of neuobics are: take your shower with your eyes completely closed - from the moment you step into the shower including reaching out for the towel and drying off. (You will have to pay closer attention to find the shower knobs, shampoo and soap bottles and even if you got all the "bits" washed. Another example is to turn all your clocks and pictures upside down. You'll have to work to figure out what time it is. Or do things with your opposite hand - like brush your teeth or hair with your non dominant hand. It's acutally kind of fun tho I did pop myself in the nose more than once with my toothbrush because I apparently cannot get the up and down brushing motion in a controlled manner with my right hand

I recently picked up a book written by a woman about things you can do to age gracefully and preserve what you don't want to lose. Haven't had a chance to crack it open yet - been concentrating more on the pre-diabetes books but if there's anything of interest, I'll pass it along.

Good for you Mel - getting them off in the right direction and then bowing out. You are learning. Hope you can get some new wheels without too much of a hassle. I would think that no matter what the chair type, you'd need the help of your arms no matter what. Hope you can find something that works. Do you still have the one that lifts up to help you get into the cabinets?

Everyone tells me my body will get used to the Metformin but I'm getting skeptical - there might be a day where I think it's calming down and then it comes back with a vengence. I am being more careful about I eat. I confirmed what I suspected - saw my blood sugar go down, figured this was under control and I didn't have to be so vigilant. WRONGO Even tho I am still within the normal ranges - under the pre-diabetes ranges even, my numbers were still creeping up. So like it or not kid, this is a LIFESTYLE change you just need to accept. So there.

Shad - thought we were Singing September Songs or something like that for the new month. At the time we rolled over, you thought you'd be buried in go-live but guess that is not the case now? I guess whomever gets there first can set up the new thread. Hard to believe 9 months of the year have passed. Heck, I can't believe we are almost 8 years into the new millenium already. Wow...

Time to go get busy. Enjoy what's left of the weekend except for those of us stateside who have a bit of an extended one for our salute to us "Labor Day". Honoring the downtrodden sods of the country
Old 08-31-2008, 06:20 PM   #296  

Go to new thread - August is over. September in all its glory is HERE!
Closed Thread