Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #16  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Hi girls!!! Man this week has been insane. Andrew should be comming home tomarrow. I thought it would be today but ohwell. Yesterday was our one year anniversary. It was really just another day since he wasnt even here. Thats ok. I probably wont get my dress because I have a week and 1/2 to loose 8 lbs. I am looking so great though. I am still really pumped. I am sorry this is so short but his week has been insane. Not in a good way either. I have however stuck with it all and am down to 169.5. That makes mee feel pretty good. I will try to do indys soon. I am so so tired though and there is a lot to do before Andrew gets here. YAY!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #17  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Got my 2 miles biking again. Boy, was it hot and humid. More of the same weather for the week...ugh. Oh well, sweat it off if nothing else.

Asia- Yay on Andrew coming home. You are doing great with the loss.

Hi to all.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:10 AM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

doing my nightly pop in.....

we got a lot of cleaning done yesterday, now we just need to clean up our bedroom closet and the basement, and then our list is done. we have a couple of things listed on craigslist so we are hoping that those go well.

SuzieQ~ I found that layout while looking for a new one, I didn't make it. I was looking for a new layout and the pregnancy/parenting section caught my eye, and so I figured that I would look and see what they had to offer. they have the lights off because of the fish flies....which should be gone soon. then they will turn the lights back on. I actually just borrowed that book from my mom! I have read some of it, but to me, it didn't keep me drawn into it like I was hoping it would have.

Cristina~ I have one wrap top that I love.....BUT I have to mold the shape into something it is not just to make it look good. Again, another maternity shirt........so I am hoping that I can get some shirts that are NOT maternity shirts, and that I can be very comfortable in wearing. I love taking pictures, what can I say!

Sue~ You are doing great with all your walking and riding!

Asia~ YAY on Andrew coming home! I agree,....you are doing great on your loss!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #19  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

It's 4:36am..and I'm awake. Me & Fonzo both are awake right now, so go figure, lol.

Asia~YAY for Andrew coming home..and Happy 1 year Anniversary!!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #20  
RosieKate

I'm back!

It was a great class...and everyone survived me being gone for a week. It's good to be home...hope to catchup some over the next few days.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #21  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Jules - come chat!! Missing you.

Mindee- you're still creative! I don't like my page.

Katy - Yay. you're back! I am glad you had a great time, look forward to hearing about it

Asia - on the 169.5!

Cristina - Thanks, you are always being supportive, appreciate it a lot I think you can pass on jury duty for a year. I a not sure what I am going to do, probably a good thing just to get it over with. McD and I saw Mamma Mia, and we both liked it. I was kind of not wanting to go w/ him for that reason but I was surprised. lol I love Meryl Streep, I would go back and watch a second time just for her. And Pierce Bronson is dreamy, though he his singing was a tad brutal to listen to. lol....he is a handsome guy,who cares.

Hi to everyone else!

Ate 2 pancakes and 1/2 a veggie omelet for dinner last night. I was hungry for breakfast food so we went to this place called Bannings. Pancakes were so good, I should have just had those...I left one on the plate, so I had some control. lol Just had blueberry yogurt and a banana for breakfast, going to try and lay off carbs this week and see if that helps.

anyway - better get!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-27-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #22  

doing my daily pop in......

we were supposed to have gone to our nephews birthday party today......but with money being tight and such, we just decided to stay home. Marissa and Logan are laying down, Tommy is sleeping on the couch, and Brandon is picking out what he wants me to make as far as goodies wise.

I am doing good I am up to 229.0 this morning, but you gotta love the baggage that AF brings with her! I am just happy that it isn't any more then that! I have been logging my food since Friday, and I have really changed my eating A LOT! Friday, I was within all the ranges, just above in carbs and low in protein. Yesterday, I was again within all the ranges, just below by one point in the protein area! And that was great for eating pizza last night....oh and a little bit of ice cream too.

Francie~ I hope you guys were able to go back to sleep!

Katy~ It is good to hear from you!

SuzieQ~ I love my page now.......I don't think I am ever going to change the layout.....I might add some other things here and there, but that will be it. Good luck with laying off the carbs.....they seem to be my downfall.....but I am getting better about them!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:16 PM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Red face Hi All

Hi All.

Thanks so much for all your wonderful support.

Yes we will be fine. At first DH was worried, but I reassured him, (that is a first, its usually the other way around!!! lol!) that everything would be just fine.

So now he feels relieved that its over with now, as you all know it has not been easy working here. But I am truly thankful that I am still here. Cuz that is the only source of income right now.

Everybody at work was asking how he is doing. (I just got here) I told everyone "Just fine". They of course want to know more but all I tell them is "If you wanna know more, call DH, I need my job too much to even think about talking about it."

So DH took the "Weekend" off to relax and not think about it and then starting tomorrow he is going to start job searching again. He has put out many many calls and resumes and what not already, but he is gonna follow up on some and apply to more jobs.

In the AM when I get home from work, I have to call our corporate HR about switching our insurance over to me, so that we are insured. I tried doing it Friday morning, but they didn't have him as gone yet in their systems, so they said to try on Monday morning then they can switch everything over and said it will be like nothing ever happened, we won't lose any coverage, which is good. I told DH even if he gets a job with benefits, I'm keeping them here too, just so if something like this happens again, we are prepared. I learned my lesson on that one.

Also I think once he gets another job and we are "ok" and all, I want to start putting money in the savings, nice to have a little "nest egg" for emergencies. Man I am getting old. Talking about "nest eggs" lol.

Anywho, we shall be just fine and I have NOT turned towards food for comfort! We did go out for breakfast yesterday with my FIL, he really wanted too, so I did "splurge" then and we also ordered Pizza for lunch cuz it was DH & my day together, so we watched movies and ate pizza. Today so far I've had a chicken salad sandwich. We'll see about lunch (my lunch lol)......

I still haven't gave up my Mt. Dew yet. That is a toughie. Esp now. I know that is no excuse to continue drinking it, but wow it is tough!

Big
Old 07-27-2008, 11:37 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

I am heading to get my baby((Gaby)) to bed, wanted to say night first!

Sassy- If you drink the Mt Dew in cans , maybe just wean yourself off one can a week or something?? You don't have to do it all at once.

Mindee- TOM is miserable, munchies and everything, hang in there!

I thought ((or think)) I did good in my eating today, I had a tuna salad for lunch and fish & veggies for dinner. I really , really am going to try and get out of these 150's by Friday. Cross fingers.

Going to enjoy Gab this week with the zoo and a trip to the coast, next week she will do a day camp part time so I can look for work.

anywho....chat tomorrow!
Old 07-28-2008, 12:40 AM   #25  
~Believe~

Hey Suzy Q -- I drink 20 oz. bottles, I usually only drink 1 of those all night at work, and I work 12.5 hrs. I don't think that is too awful. But still wanna quit.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #26  

doing my nightly pop in....

we took the kids for our nightly walk after dinner tonight.....they enjoyed it, and of course there were more boats out in the water tonight then the other night. the swan family was back again tonight, so the kids liked seeing them again.

we talked more about my birthday party. we brought up the idea of having everybody meet us at our place, and then we will walk over to the park and have my party there. Tommy also mentioned about getting me an Oreo pie from a local pie place, if we have the money. I really don't want it.....so I am going to push more for the strawberry shortcake idea. (made with fresh strawberries and Angel Food Cake)
Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 AM   #27  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies!!!! I just got back from spending time with Andrew. I didnt realize how much I missed him. We had fun. He is taking me hiking Tuesday and we get to have camp fire food. We are going to the camp that he worked at the first part of summer. I get to meet ranger Will. He runs the camp. He has never met me so I am excited. Its a special kind of occasion so he is making us steaks. I am so excited. The first camp is only like 45 min away. We will leave early Tuesday morning and come back that night. I cant wait!!!! I am gonna start with weekly weigh ins I think. I might do them on Mondays. Maybe I will only weigh twice a week. I could do like Mondays and Thursdays. I think that could work. I really want to start documenting that stuff. Anyways on to indys.....

Sue- good job on the 2 mile bike ride. That would be so hard for me.

Mindee- good deal on the cleaning!!!! I need to get some done bad. This week is Vacation Bible school at our church and I am doing the music. That means work during the day and I have to be at the church at night. Cleaning def not happening this week. WTG on the eating too. I hate AF especially after this last time. I LOVE THE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE IDEA!!! That is so neat. I think I might do that for my birthday. YUM!!

Well good night ladies. This week will be busier than last week but I think it will be less stressful and not as crazy. We shall see!!!

Sassy- I hope Dh job search goes well. Its never fun to search for jobs. Also wtg on keeping up the good work!!!! I cant give up sodas either. I like diet pepsi way too much. I really need to work on that.
Francie- Thanks for the one year anniversary congrats. We are gonna celebrate it Sunday. I am really excited. We are gonna go eat and to the movies. We might make smores. And maybe a late night swim. I am so excited. I got him the best present.

Susan- Some control is better than no control. Today was my cheat day and I am already feeling it. Yuck. It was so good but I dont know why I did that to my self. ARG!!! WTG on your eating yesterday too!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:21 AM   #28  

Asia~ you are doing great with your weight loss! you are almost at your goal already! I got that idea from another group I am in.....it was what her daughter wanted for her birthday. I like it since, I am not really a cake or pie person. besides..if there is anything left over, I don't want to feel guilty for eating it when I know that it will be very healthy!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #29  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Looks like I didn't post my 2 miles ride last night. Only a 1.5 walk though....I need to up that tremendously. I just prefer a bike ride anymore. Mindee and Cristina already left me in the dust, so I am just ambling along here.

Weigh-in...Yes, I was finally down . After going all the way back up to 180-181 I am at 174 this week. I am ashamed to say I went so far UP....but it is slowly going the other way. Heck, never thought I would be happy to say I want to see 170. I was stuck there for-ever!! Shooting for 164 now.

Hi everyone...I am busy on the house today...check back later.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #30  
~Believe~

Wink Afternoon Chicks!

Afternoon Chicks!!

Well Here I am home..........Guess who stopped down this morning to see me, at work? My NEW supervisor! He is VERY nice! He actually asked me if there was anything I wanted to discuss! A BIG change from the "Tiny Dictator" we used to have!!! He also said that we don't have to worry about finding our own coverage when we want off, that is HIS job!!!

He did bring up my schedule, I won't go into all the details, because that will just confuse you. lol. Basically it would be more productive to have me come in earlier and leave earlier than to come in later and stay later..........So he said he'd look into it!!!!

But I just felt like WOW someone who actually cares!!! I just hope and pray that he stays. Usually the GOOD ones either are smart and move up or out of the co. So I hope he stays!!! I think he realizes what we came from -- PURE ****! lol. So I am very hopeful. Can we all do a "Keep my supervisor dance???" lol.

DH is out running errands and job searching today. I sent him a bunch of jobs and he applied to those this morning.

Asia -- Thanks. I just hope he gets something soon so he feels better. I know he feels fine, but I know he wants to work. UGH Soda is the I swear! I need to get that "Demon" off my back! lol. Anybody know any anti-soda Demon spells?

Sue, Asia, Mindee, Cristina, Suzy Q -- All of you are doing so wonderful!!!

Well I guess I should go to bed now. I don't wanna. I feel like a little kid who doesn't want to go to bed. lol. I don't wanna. lol..............Ah well only two more nights this week and I'm off again!!!

Have An Awesome Monday!!!

Closed Thread