Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #31  
RosieKate

Sassy keeping you and your family in my thoughts today...

Asia - we could all do better at water, couldn't we? I make myself drink 16oz every morning first thing and it gets me started on the right foot for the day. I have a Tae Bo tape.. that's a good workout; I dig it out when I am snowed in and can't get out of the house to exercise.

Mindee - you and your hub are off to a great start on SBD! It's nice to see great results right of the bat. I have alot of admiration for you because I can't do those kinds of diets. I would be such a b*tch, lol! I know me and I know my family would not make it through the first phase - gotta have my fruit!

Jules - aww thanks! I just needed a change so I picked an old avi out of a photo file from last year. I just finished knitting my birthday sweater, so I'm hoping to get some pix of me in that and put that up soon.

Cristina - no rush on the book - I'm just so tickled I won't have to wait for it on our library queue - or forget to turn it back in on time :P

Susan
- I love fish, too, particularly at Newport Seafood Grill, but we can't afford to drop $100 on dinner very often - haha, try at all! We get there maybe once a year with some gift money. It is so yummy! In the meantime I can get wild salmon from Cash n Carry and it tides me over. Why oh why did you break up with man who made you fish

Sue - the new car is gorgeous! I love driving around in a new car...when we bought the Subaru I kept making excuses to go places 'cause I loved driving it so much. It has been a great car for us, I just spent $53 to fill it up, so I can't complain. Most folks I know are spending nearly $100 and up to fill their tanks.

Francie Hope you are having a good day...how are your moving plans progressing?

Well, we have been beating the heat, just barely. Yesterday I took the kids to see the free movie at the local cinema ( Fantastic Four and the Rise of the Silver Surfer - not half bad) then we went to the park for the slip n' slide. I got a new knitting assignment and it's a rush job, so I will be a knitting fool for the next week as it has to be done and sent by the 18th. Yikes!

Last night I was invited to attend a focus group to talk about appliances. There are several market research companies in PDX and occasionally we make a little $ by giving our opinions. Well, I showed up for this one and they had some food, so I ate a delicious basil, tomato, and mozza sandwich, then settled in for whatever. After waiting abour 15 minutes, the director said that they had overbooked and that we could go home - with pay! So I sat for 20 minutes, ate some dinner, and was paid $100. What a deal! And they validated parking - yesss

Today I have to catch up on bills and paperwork around here, knit knit knit, and I have my wl group this afternoon. So pretty boring stuff..hope everyone is having a great day!

Last edited by RosieKate; 07-10-2008 at 09:24 AM.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

Good Morning ,

ok, maybe I will never get back to the last few post on the previous thread! lol sorry.

Sassy - hugs to you and your family

Asia - Gaby is 6 1/2 and Rachel is 17 in Aug, she is the one with the love of throwing the phone.

Katy - I might sign Gab up after school is out on the 24th for swim lessons. At the moment she is out of her mind tired, this morning it was like she was pmsing...lol, poor thing. How do you do these focus point things?? Yesterday was way to hot, my neck was sweating. *wah *wah lol
Oh, McD doesn't know how to cook fish, he said he would bring out the cookbook "in my honor" and find a fish recipe. I thought that was sweet, almost feel engaged at that promise, who needs a ring. lol

Jules - hey missy...........Rach isn't friends with the girlfriend and is still going out w/ the boyfriend. The only good thing is she is getting together more w/ some other girls, I think that is better for her.

Hi to Francie, Sue, Carla, Cristina and Tammy!!

I really need to get some groceries in the house and I want to buy some white capri's , they are 1/2 off at this store. I have had no water and I picked at Gaby's breakfast this morning, so I need to get my butt in gear. Working on my resume and have one application to put in and I am done for the week!!

chat more later and I will TRY to catch up on the post

Mindee - ok, you are having too much fun on your scale!! EDITED...I don't know why you are down here!! lol anyway....I came back to ask what made you decide SBD? I don't know much about that one, just was curious.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-10-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SASSY...lots of hugs to you and yours.

SUSAN...didn't even know you could buy phones there...learn something every day, or I do. I am going to have to check out the Goodwill for sure, maybe do it tomorrow, don't have anything to do tomorrow. Bet you can find lots of things on sale now, they will probably start with the fall stuff soon. I am going to have to check out some sales when they have them. I don't normally buy smaller clothes but it may be an incentive to get to work and start losing again.

KATY...the book is on the way...she said you should get it Saturday. Where do you find these places, just curious? I need to find things like that except I don't knit, lol. Such the busy momma you are. Love the new avatar! You are looking GREAT!

JULES...funny the squirrel commiting suicide, just sounded funny to me for some reason, lol. I hate laundromats! Remember having to go years ago...such the pain. But at the same time I did get all the laundry done at one time. Did you finish your kitchen...the painting? Can't remember if you did or not.

FRANCIE...what's new with you missy? Are you guys getting excited about moving? It will be here before you know it.

ASIA...WTG on the exercise, you are doing great! The time Andrew is gone will go by fast! And you are right...even if you don't lose the 20 you want to lose, you will be that much closer to it. It sounds like turbo jam is very similar to the taebo.

MINDEE...I thought for sure Tommy would have been down more, men always lose more and faster than women which sux. How are the kids doing?

HIYA SUE & TAMMY...hoping all is well with you and yours.

I am the most boring person every, lol. I love to watch Fit Tv..sad, so sad, lol. I was watching yesterday evening and V said "It's not going to do you much good sitting there watching" he was trying to be funny of course. I watch it to see what others are doing and see what's up. What I am finding is that a lot of the moves in the WATP, the BL and a couple other dvd's I have are used frequently. I need to get some VHS tapes and record some of these people...this guy Gil something, think that is his name...I like a lot of the stuff he does. Then there's a woman...have no clue what here name is anyway...just thought I would share.

Not sure what is up today. Went to the post office this morning and did my exercise. Mowed the backyard and before I finished it started raining. I was determined to finish no matter what! I wasn't going to stop and leave this unfinished square Am supposed to go see Cambrie swim later this evening, not sure that will happen. Then she was supposed to come home but that changed as well, lol. She has a doc appt tomorrow, just a check up so Charlotte is going to bring her over tomorrow. Anywho...need to go take something out of the freezer for dinner just in case we don't go and get a load of laundry done. I try to do a load every day...doesn't always happen but I try.

Enjoy the colorful post And...have a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-10-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

doing my daily pop in......

I am going to push for us going to the pool tonight. I just need to find something for us to eat for dinner! I have meat in the fridge that I have been meaning to split up but we don't have any storage bags for me to put it into.

I cheated and snuck on the scale.....shame on me! but I am down to 229.8! ok....now I mean it, I am not stepping on it again until Sunday!

Asia~ I got in some crunches and push ups this morning.....so that was nice. and I am hoping that we can all make it over to the pool tonight and I will get some more exercise in there. I have been drinking plenty of ice tea that we have to mix with water. so I get my water intake that way. I drank about 72 ounces yesterday! I felt like I was pregnant again because I kept having to go to the bathroom!

Sassy~ I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather and your FIL. I will keep them and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

Katy~ I thought I was going to be a b*tch while on SB, but I surprised myself. Although, I do have to say that Tommy was a little more freaked out on the first day then I was. I was sitting on the couch laughing while he was standing in the kitchen saying "can I eat this?" or "how about this?" boy was he mad when he found out that he can't eat fruit! a girl from his work said that she would bring him in some apples. when he told me about it, I said "too bad you can't eat them!" I said "are you serious?" I said "yup, for the first two weeks, you can't eat fruit." He went to work the next day and told her that, and then said "at least my kids can still eat them." We have fruit in the house for the kids. we still bought them things that they like to eat, but we know that me and Tommy can't eat them during these first two weeks.

we have some muffin mixes and some cookies mixes in our pantry. Tommy asked me one night this week "so, you telling me that I have to wait two weeks to have cookies?" I said "yup." The first night was the worst for him! he was having cravings for cookies, ice cream, you name it, he was craving it!

SuzieQ~ What can I say, I FINALLY love stepping on my scale! I decided to try SBD because on another board I am on, they started a group for people that wanted to do it. So, I said sure what the heck. I did my research on it, and mentioned it to Tommy. He had just the day before that told me that he wanted to lose some weight. So, I threw caution to the wind and asked him to join with me. He said "all I have to do is stop drinking pop and I will lose weight." I said "that sounds like a challenge, how about you do this with me?" and we went from there.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #35  

Cristina~ You snuck in on me! I thought for sure that he would have lost more. BUT, he is drinking one pop a day, and he is eating bread (which is a carb) on his sandwiches for lunch at work. SO, with that being said, I can understand the only one pound drop because technically you are not suppose to have bread until you hit phase two.

the kids are doing great. Brandon is sitting across from me playing on his Thomas the tank engine laptop. Logan is in their room, supposedly taking a nap but that isn't happening. And Marissa, as far as I can tell, is taking a nap.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

MINDEE! Woohoo to 229.8!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #37  

thanks Cristina! it is so nice to be out of the 230's.....now I need to stay out of the 230's and continue on my adventure downward!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

ok, going to attempt to go read postings from the last thread!

on getting into the 220's Mindee! That must feel really good, proud of you.

Cristina - you're not boring! I liked all the colors in your post, never knew grey would look that pretty I was going to say Gaby plays around too in her swim lessons, she was always getting scolded for not paying attention. I bet Cambrie enjoys seeing you there to watch her.

k- getting a glass of wine and go read...lol....toodles for now. I hope to be back!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-10-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #39  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey all..I'm not feeling very well. I dunno whats wrong with me. My head, chest, and throat hurt. I had trouble breathing last night, which led me to have a panic attack. Fonzo said my breathing went back to normal after I fell asleep. My shoulders are very very knotted too. I can actually feel the knots and its not making sleeping any easier. I'm just not myself today. It took a lot of energy just to get out of bed right now.

I'm gonna try my best with the indy's right now.

Sassy~I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather & FIL. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Cristina~The chick that plays Ugly Betty is named America. I actually really love the name.

Jules~I love flower names. The names Fonzo & I have picked our for our daughters are mostly flower names, lol. But they're unique flowers (I used to be in floral design in HS). Although..now we're sorta branching out to the unique names in general. My mom almost named me Angelina. LoL!! But Frances is a family name..so eh, lol.

Mindee~WTG

Hey to Katy, Asia & Susan!!!

Me & Fonzo saw Hancock yesterday. It was sooooooooooooooooo good!!! It was kinda sad though. I cant wait till it comes out on dvd, I really wanna buy it.

Oh ya Katy..one of Fonzo's fave super heros is the Silver Surfer. He only saw The Fantastic Four cuz of him, lol. Fonzo is the ultimate Marvel comic book geek.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #40  
kitty Momo

omg - Francie, I hope you are ok. How is your neck?? I liked Jason's ring better , but he seemed more attracted to the thought of being in love. Do I sound like Dr Phil?? What do I know, I think I am tipsy. lol to you, feel better sweetie!!

Sue - How old is your grandson?

Sassy - I LOVE Jack Nicholson, we had The Bucket List but I didn't watch it, I will have to get it again. YUM to corn on the cob ((I bet you are all wondering what the heck I am talking about! lol )) and watermelon too.

Cristina - You are the Hallmark Queen, your cards mean so much to me, I really appreciate the thoughtfulness, especially when you sent a card for my sister when she lost her son, you didn't have to do that. What are Lobster bisquits??

Asia - Glad your truck was able to be fixed. There are so many bikers out now on the road, it is crazy.

Katy - No, I have no leads in the employment department. I look for property management and retirement places. I would like to work with seniors, I think that is where my strength is.....so now I have 13 more weeks to get my act together!

I think that was all my notes and I am FINALLLY caught up! I looked on my unemployment claim and it shows 5900 for the next 13 weeks, so yay! Takes a huge burden off me for the moment. Looking forward to spending the day w/ Gaby tomorrow, my only real time when we can relax and do something fun. Her father will come Saturday morning and get her for overnight til Sunday. Suppose to see McDreamy Saturday, I haven't seen him in a month and really have missed him. Up to a point though because I have my plate full as it is and it is so hard to think I should be dating and having fun. It'll be nice though to take the girls to the lake next week and do s'mores and relax at the lake.

blah,blah..........whatever,,,,I am going to get my baby to bed. And Momo my kitty is a filthy mess, he has dirt and grease all over him. I will have to give him a bath again.

chat tomorrow!!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #41  
RosieKate

hey y'all! I came back to update my miles, and thought I'd check back in for a few minutes..

Susan- OMNI research is in the village, all you have to do is call them and ask if they can keep your name on file for future focus groups. Make sure to get files on the kids, too. My kids have done toy focus groups and they usually involve money and a toy - they love them! The other one we are on file with is Market Decisions, I think they are mdresearch.com. A man who will cook you fish even when he doesn't like it? I didn't think they existed anymore, lol! Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on the job front- something ought to happen soon, right?

This post is being interrupted to add that WE HAVE APPLES ON OUR APPLE TREE! Wahoo! The kids are freaking out...it takes so little to entertain us these days I should mention that these trees are really young, only two or three years old, so these are the first apples ever for these trees.

Cristina...did you mean the focus groups? I think if you google market research and the name of your city you would find anything that might be in your area. It's kind of fun..you show up, you give your opinion, you get money. It doesn't happen regularly enough to count on but it is fun. TY for the book - I can't wait...

Francie - I hope you are feeling better...Fonzo and my DH can have a nice chat about comics..hub has been a collector since he was 13. We had them appraised at 30K and that was ten years ago so who knows what they are worth now. So, yes, we see just about every comic book movie out there,lol!

Mindee - WTG on SBD!

Hi to everyone else! I have to get back to the knitting job so Ciao for Now!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #42  

doing my nightly pop in......

we ended up taking the kids to the pool for another 2 hours! so I am trying to get my email checked and then off to bed!

so far, me and Tommy have both lost 4 pounds since we started on Tuesday!

Francie~ I hope you are feeling better!

SuzieQ~ Thanks for the nice words! I am really happy and proud of myself for finally getting out of the 230's! now, I am on my way to splitsville with the 220's!

Katy~ That is exciting about the apples! the boys used to always try and eat the apples off of my parents trees, but they were the small yucky apples. thanks for the nice words.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:20 AM   #43  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

My goodness do I have some news!!! But indys first....

Katy- I have seen that movie. I went with Andrew. it was pretty good. WTG on the 100 bucks!!! Thats great!! Good luck on your knitting. Oh and its official. I am addicted to taebo. i cant wait until the day after tomorrow when I can do it again.

Susan- I remember when I was 17. That is actually around the time that I started toning down. My poor parents though. I am surprised that they both still have hair. I hope you have fun with gabby. Who is this Mcdreamy??? Sound very interesting.......

Cristina- I wish I had fit tv. I would love to watch that. But I dont. Oh well.

Mindee- Good job on the exersice and the water!!!! I drank a little more. I am gonna increase slowly. We shall see. So have you and tommy lost 4 pounds each or together? Either way that is really great!!!

Francie- I really hope you get to feeling better!!! I really want to see hancock. I gotta find somebody to go with me since Andrew is gone. I cant drag him along.

K now for my news.....I lost 2 more pounds!!!!!! That is a total of 8. I have 12 more to go to reach my goal by the time Andrew gets back!!!! I am so excited. I went to Rachel's tonight instead of tomorrow. We did the taebo strength and it was rough. But it felt so good to achieve. I am pretty sure that is the most I have ever sweat. I never get sweat pits or anything. I sweat but usually not visibly. But I was so proud of my sweat pits. I have never worked so hard. My eating went well. Tonight after me and rachel got done I made supper. Very good. And we watched School of rock. I liked it. Anyways I sure do hope Andrew is prepared to open up his wallet when he gets back!!!! I am gonna make it!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #44  
ugggg.....

Asia--wtg on the weightloss, you are doing great!!

Mindee--wtg on you loss too!!

Katy--we have wild black raspberries that hubby started feeding Dominic...now when Dominic gets close to the bushes he starts going....mmmm...it's too cute!!

SuzyQ--that's great about the extension--living with your mom did not seem like a fun option...Have fun with McDreamy!!

Francie--sounds like you have stress knots--I made a chiro appt this morning for next week--I am starting to get tight myself. Hope you get feeling better!!

Cristina--I am trying to do the one load a day thing too--it does make it easier. It's not supposed to rain so i can hag them out.

Sue&Tammy--hi to you both

the boy just woke up so i have to go!!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #45  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

For all you DeAnna & Jesse lovers: http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/07/11...wedding-plans/ (read the comments too)

I'm feeling even worse now!! And on top of everything..I'm totally PMSing. Ugh..I wanna crawl in a hole and wait for all this to pass. Stress knots?? Hmmm...I seriously need to see someone. The other side of my neck is starting to hurt now.
Closed Thread